Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Are You Really Qualified For The Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are You Really Qualified For The Job? (7850 Views)

Lady In Tears After Reducing Her Age To Get A Job She Qualified For With Her Rea / Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by asha01: 9:16am On Mar 15, 2017
sixtus3606:
In contrast to the post by Eshinery, incase you missed it https://www.nairaland.com/3680366/how-many-years-did-spend
and kinibigdeal

https://www.nairaland.com/3680877/unemployment-why-fool-always-successful

After i left secondary school in 2007, i started working for my uncle who owns a pharmaceautical outlet in balogun, Idumota, while i hustled for my OND. I was the youngest amongst my colleagues(But i was more educated than them all)..No be fumble grin
Because of my academic background(thanks to my mum), i was priviledged to assume the position as the manager(Na one man business sha).

In 2010, i left my uncle(due to much inconveniences, no pay and trust issues) and secured a job in an iceblock factory. The wife was the in charge before i came in and my takehome was 10k/month. Thereafter, i was assigned as the manager with my salary raised @ 3% extra!
I was a manager for 3years, then i left in 2013.

Later on, that same year 2013, i got a job in a hotel. worked as a waiter, attendant and even receptionist with a monthly pay of 16,100. Though with other great benefits, food, mortgage and health insurance.

I left there in 2014 and got a job as a salesman with a mass garment production factory in ikeja. Lucky enough, i am social savvy with quite a level of graphic design experience and this earned me the positon as a Graphic Designer and social media manager of the same company(name withheld). Wisely, i applied as a security officer(Night) with a security oufit and i was posted to omole phase 2, a surburb of Lagos.

My day working(Graphics design and social media) hours was 9a.m to 5p.m while my night working hours(Security) was 7p.m to 7a.m. i was earning 30k from my day job, on the other hand i earned 25k as a night security supervisor, making a total of 55k(plus numerous benefits from the likes of E-money, Ifeanyi Ubah and residents in general). I worked as a graphic designer, social media manager and security officer from 2014 to 2016.

Presently, i work with one of the leading microfinance bank in Nigeria as a Brand Support Assistant(Majorly in Graphic design and minorly, social media, internal and external communications...blah blah blah). I have developed at least 6 websites and i have managed about 12 websites as a freelancer before i secured the bank job. Thus, you can see i was well groomed and i can literally fit into any work environment. I currently earn close to 10x of my first salary at the moment. I am currently running a part-time BSc. program. I HAVE A DREAM!

So, to all undergraduates, fresh graduates and job-seekers out there...biko, start from anywhere, you can't tell where your job will lead you. i remember i posted something about Digital Marketing yesterday on my facebook page, our HR manager commented on the post, that he would like to introduce me to someone.

Please and please...don't wait for that office work. Don't spend your precious time(time is money) surfing the web foolishlisy. Instead, go online, read articles, enrol in free online courses and develop yourself.(no be everything dem go teach you for school).

I DROP MY PEN HERE!

highly inspired.
though I too towed the same line in terms of personal development.
I must add, if you are not privileged to have a rich parent don't depend on that uncle, aunt, brother and/or sister. like the bible says "and because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold" (Math 24:12). it is only you can really love and care for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by sixtus3606(m): 10:06am On Mar 15, 2017
asha01:

highly inspired.
though I too towed the same line in terms of personal development.
I must add, if you are not privileged to have a rich parent don't depend on that uncle, aunt, brother and/or sister. like the bible says "and because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold" (Math 24:12). it is only you can really love and care for you.
that's it!
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by buffalowings: 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
sixtus3606:
what do you want me to explain again? At the hotel where I worked, you get employed with a take home of 16k as a casual worker. After 6months you get staffed and start earning a basic take home of 20k. You apply for Health insurance(mandatory), Pension and mortgage insurance. sonwetin again you wan know?

OK clarified
mortgage insurance grin
Re: Are You Really Qualified For The Job? by sixtus3606(m): 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Phunkyposh:
This is very Inspiring, Op the sky is just your starting point. UP you go...... All the wayhigh...... See you there
thank you madam

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Possibity Joining The Nigerian Army Without Waec Result / Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / International Health Consult Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.