Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

JUANITA — Flash Fiction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / JUANITA — Flash Fiction (413 Views)

Scared. A Flash Fiction / BELLA - A Flash Fiction Love Story / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JUANITA — Flash Fiction by lukkky(m): 10:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
JUANITA

It had been three weeks since she ignored him, or so he thought, because when he managed to muster the courage and voiced a 'hi' she only smiled at him and walked away. Her slow and carefree walk.

She was pretty, a live wire who could spark a thousand eyes, and his were one of the many eyes it sparked. But he never saw her talked to anyone.

So that day he did it again, this time more boldly.
As he walked along the corridor toward his classroom he saw her. Even though his heart did a back flip like the way it had always done every time he saw her, he stopped in front of her.
"I'm Luke" he said as he stretched his hand for a handshake..
She shook his hand, but he was left perplexed for she only smiled, the way she had smiled the other time he said hi, never saying a word.
Amid the perplexity of the moment, he watched her pull a pen and a piece of paper from her bag, scribbled some words on it and stretched it to him with that same smile.

He read
"I'm Juanita, or you can just call me Anita.
I'm mute so I communicate this way, nevertheless I can hear you speak."

He never quit. With each passing day that grew into years, she was no longer that girl at school whom he needed to build up courage to talk to but one he could never let an hour go by without him talking to her. For she became his moon, and him, her sun. And their love was celebrated by the stars.
Every day he would pen her the Songs of Soul and his poetry caressed her heart and ignited her soul.

He would one day cajole her to see a physician who explained she had a case of ankyloglossia.
She went under the knife in their quest for her speech and when they were done the doc shook his shoulder and said.
"It's up to you now"

His voice was a Christmas chime in her ears, ringing her tales from heaven and songs from Eden and she prayed that he too would one day hear her voice just the way she heard his.

So when she had finally agreed to become his, forever and him, hers forever she stood before him on that beautiful day. The whiteness and purity of her gown glowing bright upon the entire congregation of family and friends.
She said her first words,
"I DO"
Re: JUANITA — Flash Fiction by Akposb(m): 10:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
Nice love story. The change in character narrative served as a sudden jolt which changed the story. My thought is that a flash fiction will be much better with just a single character view.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mirages And Mirrors Episode 3. / Life,Our Blind Date. / Song Of A Miserable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.