Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Beware Of Chachangi Flight To Abuja! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beware Of Chachangi Flight To Abuja! (1205 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria / Driving From Lagos To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Beware Of Chachangi Flight To Abuja! by meine: 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2009
This it to call on all aviation agencies to look into this because in NIgeria we are used to "medicine after death"," ad-hoc committee after a plane crashes" a stitch in time saves nine!

I had the most horrible flying experience on my way to abuja this week, i actually boarded this chachangi flight becos all others were fully booked,but God knows if such happens in the future i will humbly return to my house instead of gambling with life!

The Chachangi plane in question had seen better years and it is evident on the body and the quality of furniture inside it.

We boarded around 2pm and to my amazement the Fan/AC on board the plane wasnt working,yet people sat down and were contented with murmuring and complaining. Trust me within 5 minutes we were all drenched in our sweat ,when the situation became unbearable i walked up to the flight crew to know if there was a problem with the engine and all i could get was some cock and bull story about how the AC was being powered with Generators on ground. I insisted on getting down but i was begged not to do so that the engines of the plane were in good condition.

Thank God the heat situation got better as soon as we took off ,though take-off came with so much screeching noise from the engines,apologies followed apologies from the cabin.

Refreshment was not different as we were handed one Hot N50 dansa juice each, grin half of the people on board rejected it but trust some Nigerians they demanded for two pieces since there was no snack to complement it. grin

Dont dare go near the toilet because it wasnt in a good condition, grin

The only plus was the experienced captain on board,we landed safely glory be to God,plenty speaking in tongues and allahu akbar  grin on board though but God knows i wont try the airline again except they get better aircrafts,the flying public should be aware.
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Flight To Abuja! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 18, 2009
The Arik aircraft I travelled withj to Ilorin last week Friday was equally horrible. Throughout the 40 minutes flight, the aircraft was producing some very unusual sound like Okada. I was even joking with other passengers that is this aircraft or kabu kabu? I have come to observe that old aircrafts that are usually not in best of shapes are used for short new routes like Ilorin, Akure etc, and the good ones for Lagos, Kano, Kano, etc
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Flight To Abuja! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 10, 2011
hehehehe cheesy. I like the part about the hot juice.
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Flight To Abuja! by justwise(m): 10:09pm On Oct 10, 2011

(1)

Best Clubbing Spots In Abuja? / Visa To Travel To Venezuela (south America), 100% Guarantee / A Referendum Breaking Scotland From The Rest Of UK To Hold In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.