Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,220 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation (22502 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Senator Yayi Tells Hameed Ali: "Go Back And Wear Uniform" / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by ifeelgood: 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
That arrogant man
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Borntolead123: 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
thinkdip:
This man is too proud and irritating! Buhari government just showed us that subsequently we can actually demean the National Assembly. We've lost our democracy my people

What is the role of Buhari here?

Be sensible please.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by megareal: 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
This man is flaunting his disdain for the senate right in their faces. His banal excuses is just an indirect way to tell them to go to hell. After, he will expect a fellow Nigerian to "obey his draculian policy on paying for duties on ten year old cars.

Sometimes, we let this holy cows misbehave unnecessarily. Let me see the reaction of the toothless senate first.

Btw, suspension of policy till when?
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by philips007(m): 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
The CG is more powerful then. Kai!!!
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by esmarcq(m): 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
Well, we will be here watching as this new series unfolds, let's wait and see the rxn of our lawmakers as they are called
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by gr8eminent(m): 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
Love Machine:
Imagine an ordinary Nigerian who fail to honour a court warrant.This man is known to be in one of the most discipline force,which is the army.
where are you coming from?
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by VirginFinder: 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
This man is stubborn sha. angry

Anyway, the custom papers verification BS has been put on hold. smiley
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by lordcardinal(m): 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
Col. Ali has shown us all that he's above the law. 109senate can't be disobeyed, please stepdown we have more competent hand to the job.
Moreso whats the morals you are showing the junior officers. You are telling them not be wearing their uniforms ? if you are tired of uniforms you shouldn't have opt in for the appointment.
Finger crossed, what a country.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
FriendNG:
What is your own business with his uniform. Is the uniform working or the person behind the uniform.
He is the comptroller general of customs.Every comptroller general wears custom uniform.That is the tradition.What message is he passing to his subordinates?Like buhari like hameed Ali .
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by thinkdip(m): 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2017
Borntolead123:

Be sensible please.
His role is to call him to oder, he employed him ofcourse.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Businessideas: 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2017
The suspension of the policy and failure of the Senate on integrity and moral ground gave him a leeway. Besides,he has officially informed them he won't come.
He is very smart and sees through the pettiness of the senators who are on ego trip. The Senators are suggesting that they are not as busy as the comptroller general.
The Senate overreached itself by bringing in the issue of uniform. Even if he resigns from office, the Senate has nothing to gain so why focus on less than issue.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
thinkdip:
This man is too proud and irritating! Buhari government just showed us that subsequently we can actually demean the National Assembly. We've lost our democracy my people

Is there anywhere in the constitution where it mandate him to wear uniform? Most of you think we forget history so soon, Diezani was invited twice and fail to show by the Senate did you guys wail over that then?

Hamid Ali we want..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
I don't give a hoot about this government because it doesn't give a hoot about my right especially to good governance.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by FriendNG: 12:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
Love Machine:
He is the comptroller general of customs.Every comptroller general wears custom uniform.That is the tradition.What message is he passing to his subordinates?Like buhari like hameed Ali .

He is a political appointee. Beside its also a tradition for army not to wear para military uniform.
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Borntolead123: 12:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
thinkdip:

His role is to call him to oder, he employed him ofcourse.

It is called separation of power. He cannot interfere until he is called to do so by the senate.
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
LOL. The man resemble goat well well.

I respect him for having the balls to defy the Senate.

Stubborn man, learnt until recently he was driving a 504 Peugeot and 1986 Honda in Kaduna despite being a former Military Administrator.
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
fratermathy:
This guy is looking for trouble though...

There are expectations of every public office. You cannot be heading a paramilitary body that requires officers to be on uniform always when you are not on uniform. He even refused honouring the Senate of the nation. Things like this cannot float in standard democracies.

If he is too big for the position, he should RESIGN!

Sorry he is not a career custom officer and the constitution does not mandate him to wear uniform so forget about that..

When Diezani refuse to honor Senate twice what did you guys do? hahahah nothing go happen to him..
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by linusbnn(m): 12:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Senate sef.

It is within your powers to invite him to the Senate floor to answer to your questions,but I am a bit confused with you guys trying to force him to put on a Custom Khaki.

Is that even legal?Where are the Law Scholars here?to the writer below me,how is he proud?

This means the Minister of Health,When called has to appear in the White Doctors Scrub,and,or the Agricultural Minister is called,he has to appear in his farmers work clothes.

The Senate should be serious for once,so that we can take them serious too.

Mumu. The US Defence minister always put on his uniform. It is a right tin to associate with the body you are heading. Is it even right to place an ex-military man to head custom,what happened to ex-custom bosses?

5 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by sekundosekundo: 12:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Senate sef.

It is within your powers to invite him to the Senate floor to answer to your questions,but I am a bit confused with you guys trying to force him to put on a Custom Khaki.

Is that even legal?Where are the Law Scholars here?to the writer below me,how is he proud?

This means the Minister of Health,When called has to appear in the White Doctors Scrub,and,or the Agricultural Minister wgen called,has to appear in his farmers work clothes.

The Senate should be serious for once,so that we can take them serious too.

It is good for Buhari to appoint an outsider to head NCS but it is not good for the Senate to tell him to wear his uniform.

Posterity will judge so many people.

4 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by thinkdip(m): 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Is there anywhere in the constitution where it mandate him to wear uniform? Most of you think we forget history so soon, Diezani was invited twice and fail to show by the Senate did you guys wail over that then?

Hamid Ali we want..
So you are saying as an officer, it is not in the constitution to wear your regalia? don't you know thats their symbol? if he wasn't a CG how would you know he's a custom officer if he hasn't worn his uniform before. Pls be sincer and tell the IGP to stop wearing his unifom because its not in the constitution as you said.

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Reptyle(m): 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
psucc:
This man is becoming too much, if Senate will be Senate, he will not survive the next 24hrs

Unfortunately, there is nothing they can really do to him beyond recommending his removal to the executive (The President). I am sure if there was something more stringent they could do, they would have explored that option long before now. I could be wrong though. Perhaps some lawyers in the house can give us the position of the law on this matter.

I really wonder why they are wasting all the time chest beating and grandstanding when they cannot base their demand for the man to appear in uniform on any law.

The man has even challenged them to cite the law or regulation that states that he must appear in the senate in uniform or that he must wear a uniform to be able to do his job effectively. We are still waiting for the Senate to respond to that challenge.

So now that the man refused to appear today as demanded, what will the Senate do about it? Will they direct the IGP to arrest and produce him before them at a later date? Can the IGP arrest the serving head of a co-equal paramilitary agency like the NCS?

The senate needs to pick its fights carefully in my honest opinion.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
Uber drama
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by 2016v2017: 12:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
thinkdip:
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by DisGuy: 12:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
Love Machine:

Tradition is not law

Nobody till date has been able to quote any part of the law that requires the CG to wear uniform!!!

the subordinates have been working since his appointment without complaining why is it paining the senators...
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
jieta:
without being emotional this man need to be dealt with, this is an insult to the Senate.

LOL did they deal with Diezani for falling to honor senate invitation twice?
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by thinkdip(m): 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
Borntolead123:

It is called separation of power. He cannot interfere until he is called to do so by the senate.
The same way you didn't castegate the Gov of Borno, but you could abuse GEJ for the missing girs? so separation of power was not in existence then abi.
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by sekundosekundo: 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
Borntolead123:

Be sensible please.

Why must Buhari appoint a retired soldier to head the Custom, what happened to retired custom officers?.

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Reptyle(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
linusbnn:

Mumu. The US Defence minister always put on his uniform. It is a right tin to associate with the body you are heading. Is it even right to place an ex-military man to head custom,what happened to ex-custom bosses?

Not true sir. The current US Secretary of Defense is James Mattis, a retired US Marine general.

He retired from the Marine Corp in 2013 and isn't required to wear a uniform.

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by cashkid: 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
psucc:
This man is becoming too much, if Senate will be Senate, he will not survive the next 24hrs

How if I may ask? Some people sha.....go n read more pls......senators my foot..... cheesy grin
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by fratermathy(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Sorry he is not a career custom officer and the constitution does not mandate him to wear uniform so forget about that..

When Diezani refuse to honor Senate twice what did you guys do? hahahah nothing go happen to him..

What do you mean by "you guys"?
I am not partisan to your political brouhaha and bigotry. I speak what I see with no fear or favour.

In this case, this guy is wrong. He should honour the Senate. No one is above the government and its arms. Whether constitutionally required or not, the uniform is a sign that he takes his job seriously. He can reduce the number of times he wears it but shouldn't do away with it entirely. Can he try this in the military?
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by sekundosekundo: 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

LOL did they deal with Diezani for falling to honor senate invitation twice?

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by LordIsaac(m): 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
I said it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Would PDP Governors Visit APC Benue But Ignore PDP Taraba? / Igboho To Benin Court: I Fled Nigeria To Avoid Being Killed / PDP Reschedule Dates For Primary Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.