Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Are Nigerians Really Smart? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Nigerians Really Smart? (592 Views)

Can Nigerians Really Make Money On Facebook? / Can Nigerians Really Make Millions Of Naira As Amazon Affiliates? / Can Nigerians Really Make Millions Of Naira As Amazon Affiliates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Really Smart? by 5staG(m): 12:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Recently I came across a question asked on Quora.com, and here it is: Why are Nigerians so smart?

Several answers where provided, but the general opinion was that Nigerians are not that smart after all. Take the situation of the country for example; if Nigerians were so smart, we would be living in much better conditions right now.

But the condition of the country is really not what I'm here to talk about.

The recent economic crisis saw the advent of peer-to-peer donation platforms across the country. Whatever people may say about it, peer-to-peer donation is completely legal, profitable and viable; it has put money into the hands of lots of Nigerians, especially those who had very little to no sources of income.

But the sad thing about it all is that, this clever income generation scheme is being abused and crippled by the same Nigerians who are meant to use it to better their lifestyles; all due to confusion, shortsightedness, greed, etc. Let me explain…

These donation platforms are obviously here to help us, and not to scam us. Yes, the founders surely have ways of benefiting from the system too, but what do you expect?

The part you have to play is simple: just give, and when you give, you will receive a greater amount. Follow the rules. That way, everyone benefits from the system, and it remains a win-win situation for everyone! But you see, Nigerians have a way of pouring sand into garri.

Now see what I mean:

>> Some will try to game the system so that they can reap where they did not sow.
>> Some will not spare even a little time to find out how their chosen platform operates, and the rules they have to observe to help the system function efficiently; thus they create problems for themselves and others.
>> Despite the clearly visible warnings on each platform's web pages, some will still go ahead and register when they know fully well that they have no money; some others will suddenly refuse to pay when a sponsor has been assigned to them (as if someone forced them to participate).
>> Some will be jumping from one platform to the other. Really, this is one of the biggest issues. And I fail to understand why so many platforms are springing up all over the place, when most of them do the same thing, and we could all do with a couple of very capable, secure and steady platforms.
>> Again, some will donate, receive and then abandon their accounts. Another big issue here. If you don't give back, how will you earn more? How will other people earn? Think long term please. You are not being wise by playing childish games.
>> And then, some people, especially those that are against peer-to-peer donation for some reason, will be spreading false information and causing panic among investors. For Christ's sake, if you are not interested in something, why not leave it alone? Is it causing you harm in any way?

Maybe I did not mention them all, but all of the above factors leads to delays in payment, no merging/non-payment, and ultimately “crashing” of the system. It’s simply cause and effect.

So you see; most of these platforms don't just "crash." For the most part, the same users who are meant to leverage it and benefit from it are the ones who mess things up.

Let me not take up much of your time. But seriously, if we want to make it in this country, we need to change our mentality and our ways; we need to use the common sense God gave us for free.

So what’s the way forward you ask?

>> Stick to one or two proven, secure, stable and coordinated platforms (feel free to contact me for recommendations)
>> Don’t try to game the system; just observe the rules
>> Give, and when you receive give back, so the cycle keeps moving

Really, it’s as simple as that!

Finally, don't see peer-to-peer donation as a get-rich-quick scheme that favors only people that "come first." See it as a sustainable long-term investment process that promises consistent returns provided everyone keeps playing their own part.

Thank you for reading my boring post. Correct me where you feel I am wrong, and, don’t forget to share and spread the word!
Re: Are Nigerians Really Smart? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
i dont know if nigerians are smart or not.But you are certainly smart. But scamming does not pay.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Really Smart? by Raintaker(m): 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
If you are a Nigerian, then you are definitely not a smart Nigerian.
Don't you know, only the early birds benefit from a ponzi scheme?
The others are left to bear the brunt.
If you don't know this, then I repeat again
You are not smart.
Cheers!
Re: Are Nigerians Really Smart? by 5staG(m): 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
Raintaker:
If you are a Nigerian, then you are definitely not a smart Nigerian.
Don't you know, only the early birds benefit from a ponzi scheme?
The others are left to bear the brunt.
If you don't know this, then I repeat again
You are not smart.
Cheers!

You see what I am talking about? People like you approach these schemes with a "chop and go" mindset. Maybe you think that is being smart, but let me ask you this: when you start a new business, do you close the business down after your first major gain, or do you keep reinvesting in the business with the hope of sustaining it and getting even greater returns?

Well, maybe you're right and I am not smart. I am just talking bullsh*t.

(1) (Reply)

Shipping Fee For Buying From The Same (taobao)seller? / Clarita Is A Scam Ponzi / Reputable Logistics Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.