Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,408 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

The Difference Between Greedy Nigerian Politicians And Don Jazzy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Difference Between Greedy Nigerian Politicians And Don Jazzy (348 Views)

10 Most Controversial Nigerian Politicians Of 2017 By Pulse / Asari Dokubo Blasts Don Jazzy & Davido Over Diezani Alison-Madueke / Politicians And Military Officers Are Secretly Planning A Coup- Burutai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Greedy Nigerian Politicians And Don Jazzy by Chizgold: 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
December last year, popular Nigerian musician Don Jazzy took the nation by surprise by giving a poor woman on Twitter N250, 000 to start a business after she pleaded for financial assistance.

Now, three months later, the woman has given an account of what she did with the gift money she received from the Mavin Records boss.

Don Jazzy is unlike a typical Nigerian politician who doesn’t see the need to help the poor, but rather prefers to steal from the poor masses who voted him/her into power.

A typical example is what happened recently, when the hope of the poorest and most vulnerable were dashed in pieces following an alleged hijack of the Federal Government’s monthly stipend meant for them.

The Presidency had announced the payment of the stipends to the poor through the Conditional Cash Transfer of its Social Investment Programmes.

Contrary to widespread belief that the N5,000 will be shared per person, the administrators of the scheme were observed giving N5,000 to an entire household while the a substantial part of the money was diverted to private pockets.

The situation got worse in Borno State as top politicians, including a prominent member of the Senate and a highly placed Presidency official from the state, disagreed openly over the beneficiary list.

Few persons were said to have collected the stipend shortly before payment was suspended following a ‘fight’ between the two politicians.

A cross-section of poor and homeless people in the state capital had said that only people with links to politicians were beneficiaries of the stipend.

One of them, Abdu Hassan, said, “It is for only people who are connected to influential politicians. I have no salary, no pension, nothing. When I heard of the policy, I was happy because I felt I would enjoy it, but unfortunately, it was...

READ MORE: http://ikengachronicles.com/the-difference-between-greedy-nigerian-politicians-and-don-jazzy/

(1) (Reply)

Ahmeed Ali Clearly Is Highly Indiscipline / Lai Moh'd & Femi Adeshina Should Be Prosecuted For Lying About Buharis' Health / FEC Approves Infrastructure Development Projects (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.