Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again (37082 Views)

Ibrahim Magu Wears Buhari's Campaign Lapel, Nigerians React / Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court / Osinbajo Sends Onnoghen’s Name To Senate For Confirmation As CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Chiefobdk1: 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
mofebosola:
Buhari should just nominate Nuhu Ribadu. These guys in the Senate don't like Magu. PMB should bring a harder than Magu, then we shall see their excuse.

You think Ribadu dont ve corruption case?
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Jaideyone(m): 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
Raziii:
why write a conflicting report in the first place. Like Mugu said, that speaks volume of the integrity of DSS. The blame should be put squarely on the feet of Buhari. He did nothing when the first one happened. The question is why?
buhari did nothing? you've not been following the news
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Farkson:

(Magu should go and rest, to be EFCC chairamn is not a do or die affair.
I am loving this new senate)

By ur submission we know which side u belong ...imagine u loving a group of thivies for failing to do right thing. I sorry for ur generation.
Feel sorry for urself bro,

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
Corruption fighting back

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by EazyMoh(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
bakila:

Make Magu Senior Special Assistant on Money Laundry and Corrupt Practices.
Lol! Yeah something like that.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Jaideyone(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
jumpandpas:

You think that Buhari can't stop the DSS from writing or submitting the conflicting reports against Magu if he wishes to.
the report was submitted. do you think the presidency has the time to go through every report that flies around between the 3 arms of government? there are still corrupt element in this system and these elements will only confirm someone that will chase yahoo boys alone. think about it

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by dangwarmai(m): 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
muykem:
This is an evidence that Magu is actually fight corruption in Nigeria. I have never expected his clearance from most corrupt Senate in the world. Guy please continue your good work in acting capacity. Don't be intimidated for any reason.
this rejection means his career in EFCC is over. And I will like him to proceed as chairman. UNTIL WE BRING DOWN THAT CULT WE'LL NOT SEE THE END OF CORRUPTION.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Borntolead123: 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
sekundosekundo:
You can't be leaving in a #20mil apartment and be fighting corruption. Go Home!.

So he should be living in a face-me-I-face-you apartment before he can fight corruption?

Nairaland is now permeated with a lot of senseless comments. So sad.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
DropShot:
On what grounds?

Next time read through the lines, and not just the headlines, to make comment. I was opportune to watch it live. The man was indicted by SSS report, and his responds to questions was to arrogant and proud.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by officialtahir: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
Borntolead123:

So he should be living in a face-me-I-face-you apartment before he can fight corruption?

Nairaland his now permeated with a lot of senseless comments. So sad.
lmao never underestimate the stupifity of some idiots here, they want him to be living in a mud house jst because he's fighting curruption

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
HungerBAD:
Reject him on what grounds?

This is no longer funny.

This is a direct Vendetta by the Saraki Senate against the Presidents nominee,because they all have something to hide.

This Senate is not happy with the Laudable job this man has been doing. So they want a corrupt person to head the EFCC?

The Senate should do Nigeria a favour by nominating somebody for us then. Bunch of thieves.

LOL no mind the OP, The picture of he posted of the twitter handle of the senate was posted at 12:46pm and the screening ending about 1:40pm so how did they reject him why the screening s still going on? hahhaha

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
ehie:
Magu should go and rest, to be EFCC chairamn is not a do or die affair.
I am loving this new senate

Sorry Magu will remain in Acting capacity no matter what but the story by the OP is not true, Check the time of the tweet and i watch the screen live..
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by jumpandpas(m): 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
Raziii:
that he didn't pay for it with his money. It was given to him for use because of its closeness to his workplace.

You are right, the person that gave him the apartment, has criminal case with efcc which Magu mishandled due to the gift of the house. He favoured the criminal because of the house given to him and the burble bosted. That's why the DSS said he failed integrity test and cannot be EFCC chairman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by jumpandpas(m): 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jaideyone:
the report was submitted. do you think the presidency has the time to go through every report that flies around between the 3 arms of government? there are still corrupt element in this system and these elements will only confirm someone that will chase yahoo boys alone. think about it

If the Presidency can't read a report of this magnitude, I wonder what they are doing there.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by seguno2: 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
Thank you senate president Olusola Saraki.
Thank you dear senators.
A corrupt hypocrite should not be allowed to lead the EFCC.
Magu should return to his olopa work.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Olivers2J(f): 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=Jaideyone post=54615128] what exactly is the mistake here? is it not the fact that the senate has decided to use the DSS as an excuse to victimise someone doing his job dilligently? the senate only wants to confirm someone that will go after yahoo boys and leave corrupt politicians. that's the problem here. no sane average Nigerian should sit and allow the senate ruin this country[/

Why r we even having this argument? Must it be Magu? Wht abt other well meaning Nigerians like our Acting President, we all witnessed his tremendous effort in positioning our country lately. Let the Mr President choose someone else wit corruption free & integrity
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by freeze001(f): 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
Personally, I think this practice of appointing a person in acting capacity for long stretches of time before submission for confirmation exposes the nominee to any number of unfortunate incidents and influence both from the Executive and d powers that be.

Mr President is characteristically slow in and certainly not proactive otherwise upon appointment of the acting chairman, there was no reason not to submit his name to the Senate for confirmation immediately afterwards. In such a short time, for those who feel the Senate is after him because of cases against them, he wouldn't have done anything to expose his nature as a good or bad head of the EFCC. It also means the acting chairman would not have had need to dance to the overbearing influence of the the Executive due to his non-confirmation. For no good reason other than plain ineptitude, the president left his appointee in acting capacity for almost one year before the VP sent his name to the Senate for confirmation for the first time. That exposed the nominee to whatever is being used against him today. Whatever dirty deals he had could also have been exposed only in the course of his acting chairmanship hence the DSS report. If the president had acted timeously, there would have been no damning report against him.

At the end of the day, it's good riddance to bad, stinking rubbish! Let someone else occupy that office, it is not Magu's calling or heritage.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by PhockPhockMan: 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
HungerBAD:
Reject him on what grounds?

This is no longer funny.

This is a direct Vendetta by the Saraki Senate against the Presidents nominee,because they all have something to hide.

This Senate is not happy with the Laudable job this man has been doing. So they want a corrupt person to head the EFCC?

The Senate should do Nigeria a favour by nominating somebody for us then. Bunch of thieves.

Stop wailing bro, I watched the proceedings on NTA, the man called Magu messed up big time, when the question of Impunity, disobedience of court orders was thrown at him, he started stammering.
He should go home and rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
What made Daura D.G of DSS more competent than Magu of EFCC.

What a country!
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Olivers2J(f): 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jaideyone:
what exactly is the mistake here? is it not the fact that the senate has decided to use the DSS as an excuse to victimise someone doing his job dilligently? the senate only wants to confirm someone that will go after yahoo boys and leave corrupt politicians. that's the problem here. no sane average Nigerian should sit and allow the senate ruin this country

Why r we even having this argument? Must it be Magu? Wht abt other well meaning Nigerians like our Acting President, we all witnessed his tremendous effort in positioning our country lately. Let the Mr President choose someone else wit corruption free & integrity

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by seguno2: 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
jumpandpas:
If the Presidency can't read a report of this magnitude, I wonder what they are doing there.

Buhari and his cabal are playing ludo with our brains, economy and future.
How do we get our country back from these vile vipers?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by seguno2: 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
Olivers2J:

Thanks.
Even, must it be a northerner heading EFCC always?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by doubleportion: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hmmmm! Majority were thriving either directly or indirectly from corruption which had mared their morality on this topic. This administration has become a poison to many. When is the country taking off?
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Jaideyone(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
jumpandpas:

bros thw report is from the DSS to the senate. itnis not the duty of the presidency to read it before forwarding it to the senate. that will be undue interference
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Jaideyone(m): 3:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
Olivers2J:

it doesn't have to be magu. but when the reward for hardwork is being hanged nobody will want to work again. you still don't get my point? the senate won't confirm the next person except he's only willing to chase yahoo boys and leave corrupt politicians!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by jumpandpas(m): 3:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
seguno2:

Buhari and his cabal are playing ludo with our brains, economy and future. How do we get our country back from these vile vipers?

Lolz

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by eltalentino(m): 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jaideyone:
it doesn't have to be magu. but when the reward for hardwork is being hanged nobody will want to work again. you still don't get my point? the senate won't confirm the next person except he's only willing to chase yahoo boys and leave corrupt politicians!!!
Did you watch the screening exercise today? If you did, you wouldnt be making these stateements
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by lonelydora: 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
ehie:
Magu should go and rest, to be EFCC chairamn is not a do or die affair.
I am loving this new senate

I hope you are not a politician. Magu is really working. If you are close to top government officials you will understand. Forget what the media say about him.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Jaideyone(m): 3:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
eltalentino:

Did you watch the screening exercise today? If you did, you wouldnt be making these stateements
really?
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by chio75(m): 3:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
DropShot:

Did he nominate himself?

On what grounds was he rejected?

Surely, the senators are very scared of Magu. And that's because they know there are many skeletons in their cupboard.

Many of you are shameless defenders of corruption.

I don't get it when ppl say Magu is doing a gr8 job,what great job?,is it d media trial of d opposition?,how many laudable convictions has he secured so far.
There's a damning security report against him b4 d senate & u still ask on what ground he was disqualified.Na our sentiment go kill us.

There are numerous other Nigerians,suitably qualified 4 d job,it mustn't be Magu.

War against corruption must not be about an individual bt about d system,if d system is right,anybody can do well as d EFCC chairman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by eltalentino(m): 3:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
lonelydora:

I hope you are not a politician. Magu is really working. If you are close to top government officials you will understand. Forget what the media say about him.
What great Job? The senators asked him why ministers and senators with corruption allegations are not being probe, he couldnt say a damn thing. SHOWS he is probably not in charge.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by madridsta007(m): 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
olaoreawofele:
The same was said when Ribadu was edged out. We saw the sham job done by Farida Waziri. Corruption is fighting back.

180 million people, perhaps over half of that more than qualified and not living in apartments costing tens of millions.
We have the people. We don't seem to realise that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Day Tinubu Won The Election Was May 30, 2022 Not Feb 25,2023- Reno / Femi Otedola: I Joined The 1978 ”Ali Must Go” Protest / Aregbesola Refused To Sit Beside, Shake Hands With Omisore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.