Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again (37101 Views)

Ibrahim Magu Wears Buhari's Campaign Lapel, Nigerians React / Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court / Osinbajo Sends Onnoghen’s Name To Senate For Confirmation As CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by eltalentino(m): 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jaideyone:
really?
Yea bro, except you are saying the legislators have hijacked the DSS which is also an independent institution. Separation of powers is what we need.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Daboomb: 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
mile12crises:

Defender of impunity oya sniff your armpit for a job well done..

Are you saying the majority of the senators are corrupt or the DSS aren't competent any longer

Like most Nigerians, "ignorance" runs in your Blood!

Yes, Nigeria does not have "Distinguished Senators", what we have are a BUNCH OF CRIMINAL LAW BREAKERS masquerading as `Senators/NASS members `
I am sure you will feign ignorance if l tell you that most of them became Senators through Political Violence (killing here and there, opponents and citizens alike). Is that not corruption?

Some of them (just like Fayose may attempt to do next year) "violently rigged" themselves into that position, to shield themselves from "corruption probes and other acts of impunity"......... and you still think they are worthy, right?

I repeat, Nigeria dont have Senators...... what we have is a gang of cultist that meet in the dead of the night, in absoute secrecy, to plan EVIL against Nigerians and their country.
If l had my way, they would be prosecuted and shot point blank. undecided

As far as the DSS is concerned, again, only 'IGNORANTS' like you would not know the about the kind of "Power Play" going-on between the Head of DSS (who is a cousin to Buhari, the President) and the Head of the EFCC.
Those closer to the corridor of power can tell you that there had been many confrontations between the head of EFCC and Head of DSS.
...open confrontation that involved "threat to shoot".

Even at that, for the DSS to write TWO REPORTS, one exonerating Magu of any charges and another accusing him, on the same day, to the NASS, shows that the issue is beyond incompetency on the part of the Head of DSS (Daura) but sheer mischief.

The allegations, especially that of #21Million Rent has been proved to be pure balderdash.

But then, with a Senate peopled by criminals, who are scared-stiff of a Magu EFCC (Saraki especially!), that mischievous report by Daura was God-sent, if it was not actually "planned" in conjunction with Daura of DSS.

Having said all the above, we are once again faced with the "challenges" of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) and all the "Booby-Traps" that retired Military Generals venturing into Politics, included in it..... to give then an escape route should the day of reckoning come knocking.

I know this Senators are no good-criminals and nothing good can come out of them but what we should clamour for, is an EFCC nomination for Chairman that the Constitution stipulates must be "either approved or rejected" within a one week of submission of the name....PRIOR TO ACTING IN THE OFFICE.

The reason for the above is simple:
If you allow someone to "act" as EFCC chairman for a considerable time before his confirmation, he would either:
1.) Kow-tow to criminals in the Senate ...... so he can be confirmed or

2.) As we are experiencing today, you would have given the criminals in the Senate the opportunity to "size-him-up and then decide "He is too dangerous" for their own good and therefore should be rejected.

Positions as this (Head of Corruption or Intelligence Agencies) should not be left to the antics of Politicians, especially cultist-criminals like those in the current National Assembly.

Buhari can keep re-submitting Magu's name for as long as he is President and wants him to head the EFCC (that is not against the constitution) .... and Magu will keep operating as "acting Head" of EFCC for the next two years (remaining of a four year tenor), while the Senators keep rejecting his confirmation. It does not have any effect on his performance or otherwise.

But meanwhile, who would amend the Constitution to reflect changes such that anyone nominated for the EFCC chair, should not operate in "acting capacity" at all, before confirmation, and must be conformed or rejected within one week .........so that when it is only when he is confirmed, that is when we shall see what he can do

I bet if they ask Saraki or any of those criminals in the NASS who they would prefer as EFFC chairman, they would quickly recall that thief of a woman called Farida Waziri, who was planted by Jonathan and other thieves in his cabinet, after Ribadu was disgraced out of the position and sent to "school"

Dont get high, Corruption is fighting back, with all the "Gunners" in its Arsenal (Am l sounding like "Arse" Wenger? grin grin )

Nigerians `MUST occupy this NASS, very soon otherwise, this country will remain dead.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by simpleseyi: 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
ehie:
Magu should go and rest, to be EFCC chairamn is not a do or die affair.
I am loving this new senate

I love this Senate. Bravo! This is a good opportunity for Buhari to appoint another Policeman from his village in Daura. Then all Senators go hear wen. Nigerian Senators are all mad.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Lionofdjungle: 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
obynocute:
it seems like these senators don't like the man @ all.. well in this case majority carries the vote..
The man is hated simply because he has dealt with Saraki and some other senators and honourables before. They don't want someone who will be exposing them.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by olaoreawofele: 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
Time will tell.

madridsta007:

180 million people, perhaps over half of that more than qualified and not living in apartments costing tens of millions.
We have the people. We don't seem to realise that.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Daboomb: 3:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

LOL no mind the OP, The picture of he posted of the twitter handle of the senate was posted at 12:46pm and the screening ending about 1:40pm so how did they reject him why the screening s still going on? hahhaha

They have met and vowed NEVER to approve his nomination and he knows it himself.
That is why , if you read his countenance, `he was like[b] "Do your worst"............. l will continue to operate in "acting capacity" for the next two years, as long as Buhari is President.[/b]

But Buhari himself is torn between his loyalty to his cousin, DSS Chairman Daura...... and fighting corruption with a sound person like Magu.
Maybe his illness also made him weak to make firm decisions, especially when the person concerned is in charge of his own personal security and his Agency is a stabilising factor, for his Presidency.

Buhari needs to step-down Daura and Babachir Lawal from his Govt otherwise, he is losing face rapidly
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Jaideyone(m): 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
eltalentino:

Yea bro, except you are saying the legislators have hijacked the DSS which is also an independent institution. Separation of powers is what we need.
I follow the senate on twitter and I don't see anything wrong in the way he answered the questions. magu is a victim here for doing his job diligently. goodluck with your incoming yahoo boy-chasing efcc chairman. that's what the senate wants
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Duru009(m): 3:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
Am Easterner will do a perfect job.. .....
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by eltalentino(m): 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
Lionofdjungle:
The man is hated simply because he has dealt with Saraki and some other senators and honourables before. They don't want someone who will be exposing them.

Is he probing any of the senators as we speak? The senators are carrying out their duties and you can't fault them.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
Daboomb:

They have met and vowed NEVER to approve his nomination and he knows it himself.
That is why , if you read his countenance, `he was like[b] "Do your worst"............. l will continue to operate in "acting capacity" for the next two years, as long as Buhari is President.[/b]

But Buhari himself is torn between his loyalty to his cousin, DSS Chairman Daura...... and fighting corruption with a sound person like Magu.
Maybe his illness also made him weak to make firm decisions, especially when the person concerned is in charge of his own personal security and his Agency is a stabilising factor, for his Presidency.

Buhari needs to step-down Daura and Babachir Lawal from his Govt otherwise, he is losing face rapidly

I think you get the gist, Their agreement was not to approve the man and i hope PMB can use his power as the President now..
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by eltalentino(m): 4:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jaideyone:
I follow the senate on twitter and I don't see anything wrong in the way he answered the questions. magu is a victim here for doing his job diligently. goodluck with your incoming yahoo boy-chasing efcc chairman. that's what the senate wants
Am I in charge of appointing the EFCC Chairman? Am sure Buhari has a viable replacement amongst 180 million people. That's no big deal
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by mile12crises: 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Daboomb:

Like most Nigerians, "ignorance" runs in your Blood!

Yes, Nigeria does not have "Distinguished Senators", what we have are a BUNCH OF CRIMINAL LAW BREAKERS masquerading as `Senators/NASS members `
I am sure you will feign ignorance if l tell you that most of them became Senators through Political Violence (killing here and there, opponents and citizens alike). Is that not corruption?

Some of them (just like Fayose may attempt to do next year) "violently rigged" themselves into that position, to shield themselves from "corruption probes and other acts of impunity"......... and you still think they are worthy, right?

I repeat, Nigeria dont have Senators...... what we have is a gang of cultist that meet in the dead of the night, in absoute secrecy, to plan EVIL against Nigerians and their country.
If l had my way, they would be prosecuted and shot point blank. undecided

As far as the DSS is concerned, again, only 'IGNORANTS' like you would not know the about the kind of "Power Play" going-on between the Head of DSS (who is a cousin to Buhari, the President) and the Head of the EFCC.
Those closer to the corridor of power can tell you that there had been many confrontations between the head of EFCC and Head of DSS.
...open confrontation that involved "threat to shoot".

Even at that, for the DSS to write TWO REPORTS, one exonerating Magu of any charges and another accusing him, on the same day, to the NASS, shows that the issue is beyond incompetency on the part of the Head of DSS (Daura) but sheer mischief.

The allegations, especially that of #21Million Rent has been proved to be pure balderdash.

But then, with a Senate peopled by criminals, who are scared-stiff of a Magu EFCC (Saraki especially!), that mischievous report by Daura was God-sent, if it was not actually "planned" in conjunction with Daura of DSS.

Having said all the above, we are once again faced with the "challenges" of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) and all the "Booby-Traps" that retired Military Generals venturing into Politics, included in it..... to give then an escape route should the day of reckoning come knocking.

I know this Senators are no good-criminals and nothing good can come out of them but what we should clamour for, is an EFCC nomination for Chairman that the Constitution stipulates must be "either approved or rejected" within a one week of submission of the name....PRIOR TO ACTING IN THE OFFICE.

The reason for the above is simple:
If you allow someone to "act" as EFCC chairman for a considerable time before his confirmation, he would either:
1.) Kow-tow to criminals in the Senate ...... so he can be confirmed or

2.) As we are experiencing today, you would have given the criminals in the Senate the opportunity to "size-him-up and then decide "He is too dangerous" for their own good and therefore should be rejected.

Positions as this (Head of Corruption or Intelligence Agencies) should not be left to the antics of Politicians, especially cultist-criminals like those in the current National Assembly.

Buhari can keep re-submitting Magu's name for as long as he is President and wants him to head the EFCC (that is not against the constitution) .... and Magu will keep operating as "acting Head" of EFCC for the next two years (remaining of a four year tenor), while the Senators keep rejecting his confirmation. It does not have any effect on his performance or otherwise.

But meanwhile, who would amend the Constitution to reflect changes such that anyone nominated for the EFCC chair, should not operate in "acting capacity" at all, before confirmation, and must be conformed or rejected within one week .........so that when it is only when he is confirmed, that is when we shall see what he can do

I bet if they ask Saraki or any of those criminals in the NASS who they would prefer as EFFC chairman, they would quickly recall that thief of a woman called Farida Waziri, who was planted by Jonathan and other thieves in his cabinet, after Ribadu was disgraced out of the position and sent to "school"

Dont get high, Corruption is fighting back, with all the "Gunners" in its Arsenal (Am l sounding like "Arse" Wenger? grin grin )

Nigerians `MUST occupy this NASS, very soon otherwise, this country will remain dead.

Why did you quote me only to start foaming in the mouth

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by eltalentino(m): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

I think you get the gist, Their agreement was not to approve the man and i hope PMB can use his power as the President now..
If you believe that stuff that dude wrote there, you would believe anything. Does the President look like a weakling to you or a man torn between loyalty for country or family?
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
eltalentino:
If you believe that stuff that dude wrote there, you would believe anything. Does the President look like a weakling to you or a man torn between loyalty for country or family?

Go and check the tweet posted on the first page by the OP, it was tweeted even before they are done with the screening, I'm waiting to see how PMB will handle this case....
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by eltalentino(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Go and check the tweet posted on the first page by the OP, it was tweeted even before they are done with the screening, I'm waiting to see how PMB will handle this case....
Yeah, that's exactly what we are expecting, he should dig in and get someone who will do the job even better than Magu. Magu isn't the only righteous capable of heading the institution.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by mechanics(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
corruption fighting back.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by sorepco(m): 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ve u decided to ignore y he was rejected? A civil servanr that stayed/rented a 40million per anum house.

HungerBAD:
Reject him on what grounds?

This is no longer funny.

This is a direct Vendetta by the Saraki Senate against the Presidents nominee,because they all have something to hide.

This Senate is not happy with the Laudable job this man has been doing. So they want a corrupt person to head the EFCC?

The Senate should do Nigeria a favour by nominating somebody for us then. Bunch of thieves.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by sankolo84: 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
As postulated in the DSS report, if Magu had failed integrity test and he would not be able to head EFCC. Then he should also be removed from Nigerian Police. If the rejection of Magu as EFCC Chairman has not been politicizing, anyone Senators has confirmed that he failed integrity test should not be allowed in police uniform.

If he is still remains active Police Officer, it means something is wrong somewhere.

How i wish Nigerians viewing it from this angle.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by eltalentino(m): 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
sankolo84:
As postulated in the DSS report, if Magu had failed integrity test and he would not be able to head EFCC. Then he should also be removed from Nigerian Police. If the rejection of Magu as EFCC Chairman has not been politicizing, anyone Senators has confirmed that he failed integrity test should not be allowed in police uniform.

If he is still remains active Police Officer, it means something is wrong somewhere.

How i wish Nigerians viewing it from this angle.
You have a point but that can only happen in an ideal society which Nigeria is not close to being one. For me, Magu should be probed based on the corruption allegations against him. That's the right thing to do
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by danigbo(m): 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
Magu should continue his work in acting capacity and start sending corrupt politicians to jail. THIS IS CORRUPTION FIGHTING BACK
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by facealone05(m): 4:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
ehie:
on what ground u are loving this senate,ask ur self what exactly they want from this man may be they didnt like the kind of job dt guy they do
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by nkemjacob2(m): 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
even if senate reject magu na buhari go still bring the nxt one.
though magu is very partial in this corruption fight.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2017
eltalentino:
Yeah, that's exactly what we are expecting, he should dig in and get someone who will do the job even better than Magu. Magu isn't the only righteous capable of heading the institution.

Magu is the prefer candidate of Mr President and will remain in acting capacity till ed of his tenure..
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by victorazy(m): 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
HungerBAD:
Reject him on what grounds?

This is no longer funny.

This is a direct Vendetta by the Saraki Senate against the Presidents nominee,because they all have something to hide.

This Senate is not happy with the Laudable job this man has been doing. So they want a corrupt person to head the EFCC?

The Senate should do Nigeria a favour by nominating somebody for us then. Bunch of thieves.

Guy u don't know what is happening, Magu is a bad man and I love what senate did
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Jokerman(m): 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
Raziii:
that he didn't pay for it with his money. It was given to him for use because of its closeness to his workplace.

Huh... see excuse.... hahahahaha.... grin
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Jokerman(m): 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jaideyone:
the report was submitted. do you think the presidency has the time to go through every report that flies around between the 3 arms of government? there are still corrupt element in this system and these elements will only confirm someone that will chase yahoo boys alone. think about it

This ur assertion proves Buhari is incompetent
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by victorazy(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
facealone05:
on what ground u are loving this senate,ask ur self what exactly they want from this man may be they didnt like the kind of job dt guy they do

Magu is most corrupt person. We the Brekete family pray he will never be aproved and so shall it be. They cease one igbo guy cash and till now he refused to call his boys in lagos airport to refund the guy's $50k all he did is to put the guy in cell. He can never be approved as EFCC boss

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Olivers2J(f): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jaideyone:
it doesn't have to be magu. but when the reward for hardwork is being hanged nobody will want to work again. you still don't get my point? the senate won't confirm the next person except he's only willing to chase yahoo boys and leave corrupt politicians!!!

I see, so 2 u Mr AG EFCC has done excellently well & his compensation shld be the position of substantive chairman. Very myopic, anywy let Mr President nominate someone else that is corruption free 2 the eyes of the public for that position then we can watch the Senate cancel or delay it.
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by sshalom(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nigeria is indeed a Nation requiring urgent peoples' demand for accountability from those we 'selected' to govern us. When a major decision as this is to be made anywhere, cogent reasons and validated evidences are tabled to arrive at conclusions. Beyond the report from the DSS, what other information is available to the Nigerian Senate that led to the rejection of Magu?

The more we look, the less we are seeing!
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Okwyjesus(m): 7:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
Icecomrade:

Scared ke!

What is Magu capable of doing that he has not done?

Make e park well Jare

That Magu guy don't look smart in my assessment. If he is he could have done more than mere media trial and send corrupt people to jail. Instead he is busy chasing people he can't legally prove their crime
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by drtee247(m): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
ehie:
Too bad they don't care about you
Re: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again by Jaideyone(m): 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
Olivers2J:

I see, so 2 u Mr AG EFCC has done excellently well & his compensation shld be the position of substantive chairman. Very myopic, anywy let Mr President nominate someone else that is corruption free 2 the eyes of the public for that position then we can watch the Senate cancel or delay it.
sorry are you blind? didn't u see where I said it doesn't have to be magu? u still haven't answered my question. who will act well knowing he won't be confirmed if he does his job diligently within the first few months of acting?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Comment About Sahara Reporters In 2014 And Now (Photos) / Trouble In PDP: Mass Defection Looms After Tribunal Verdict / INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.