Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,405 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him (76677 Views)

Saraki, Melaye, Tambuwal Play Football To Celebrate Dogara’s 50th Birthday / ''Are You A Bouncer Or Senator' - Dino Melaye Asked As He Shares New Photo / A Lesson The North Should Learn From Paraguay' Before Rejecting Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by Abdulwasiu4real(m): 4:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
hmmmmmm
Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by Curvinus(m): 4:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
Thank God for the Nigerian Senate...them for don finish us with obnoxious custom duties and a thieving EFCC boss who personally masterminded the escape of his predecessor, Ibrahim Lamorde.

To think that Magu has a negative security report and the dullard still forwarded his name for confirmation. Bihari, we cannot all be fooled.

Emperor Bihari 0 - 2 Nigerians

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by AngelicBeing: 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
soberdrunk:
This is one of the many problems of our country, too much talk and very little action, yes he is not the brightest bulb in the store but with Magus achievements and the amount of 'stolen'money he has recovered as "acting" chairman, even if he decides to use the 'Bakassi boys' approach, he should have the full support of the senate if truly they want to eradicate corruption.... angry
cool
Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
Well Magu still reaming Acting EFCC Chairman the Senators can go to hell..
Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by Daboomb: 4:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
soberdrunk:
This is one of the many problems of our country, too much talk and very little action, yes he is not the brightest bulb in the store but with Magus achievements and the amount of 'stolen'money he has recovered as "acting" chairman, even if he decides to use the 'Bakassi boys' approach, he should have the full support of the senate if truly they want to eradicate corruption.... angry

The fact that Senators were even lying that they received TWO LETTERS from the DSS just this YESTERDAY (which the Clerk denied and said only one letter was received) from DSS, castigating Magu, shows that this is all pre-arrainged.

Just look at how Dino Malaiye and Saraki were pretending!
shocked shocked

Even Dino Malaye could not hide his joy as he quickly moved that "another person starts acting as EFCC chairman IMMEDIATELY..... just to sideline Magu and prevent Buhari from re-nominating him!

Saraki, Dino Malaye and the rest of you thieves in the Senate, if you like, store Pump-Action Rifles in your Roof Ceiling ....... how many Nigerians can you or will you kill before you are over-powered?
French Revolution loading.... Nigeria-style
. undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by freeze001(f): 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
His rejection by the senate puts an end to his career as Chairman of the EFCC; he has been directed to hand over to the most senior officer in the EFCC until another nomination is made. If he is declared unfit for confirmation, he is automatically estopped from acting as Chairman.
omenkaLives:
I will be back..

Stopped reading halfway.

But, what the heck. Anything besides a confirmation only proves the suspicions of the average Nigerian right; that Magu is on the right track and is surely making big crooks in the country very uncomfortable, and where do we have bigger crooks than in the NASS? about that is run like a secret cult, as opaque as nothing we've ever seen.

Isn't it a shame all those who blast the DAURA SECRET SERVICE have now suddenly turn out to be it's biggest cheerleaders? How come the Daura Service wrote a report that certainly wouldn't bid well for Baba's man?

PDP supporters are pathetic hypocrites.

Magu should keep acting jor. We the progressives and patriotic citizens of this country are solidly behind him.

1 Like

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by Daboomb: 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
Curvinus:
Thank God for the Nigerian Senate...them for don finish us with obnoxious custom duties and a thieving EFCC boss who personally masterminded the escape of his predecessor, Ibrahim Lamorde.

To think that Magu has a negative security report and the dullard still forwarded his name for confirmation. Bihari, we cannot all be fooled.

LiePOD and Corruption are like........

Someone help me with that jacob Zuma pinshure, biiko.

1 Like

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by 4tune490(m): 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
The same magu that refuses to states how much he recovered? What is he hiding, abeg make we wake up n aim for transparency. Not stating the amount recovered is even corruption because it means he isnt taking us serious by not doing his home work well before appearing to the senate.

soberdrunk:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by sanusikebbe(m): 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hahahaha. Small small people will know the crooks there are in the national assembly. They don't want 2 be exposed by MAGU. Stop hiding.All ur corrupt practices will soon be exposed as in your grudges with CGC because you dont want to pay import duties on ur expensive cars both private and the ones u run business.

2 Likes

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by earthcrust: 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Efcc took a company of 350 workers to to court since june 2015 that was immediately after Buhari was sworn in as President. Efcc locked down all d the company's account and blacklisted her, took her to court for corruption sake up till now Efcc has not been able to present anysusubstantial evidence before d court to prove that this company is corrupt. And all d innocent Nigerians working in that firm over 300 of them are at home suffering for nothing. Just because the contract was given to them by GEJ. The blood of innocent Nigerians will continue to hunt all d evil of this administration.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by jrusky(m): 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
Can't stop laughing at these people and this no sense apc boloks govt.I have said it over and over if Magu or Mugu do not get sack now he will be sack one good day soon. I don't just like this guy called Magu or Magun of a things because all nonsense he is doing means nothing to me and I don't see any corruption fight he is fighting.

Every corruption fighting he claimed to be fighting is all one sided and even Saraki case they are talking about did Magu or Magun plus EFCC shows up in it? Hell No. I don't care if Senate pass him or fail him all I know is either Magu or Magun like it or not he will end up in jail one good day because apc wil not rule forever and the very day the power change hands Magu or Magun or Mango will rot in jail. Go and fight corruption with no political party interest is what Nigerians asked him and his Bonga Fish boss to go and do not to go and fight opposition or clergy men who stand out to challenge their misrule and useless govt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by earthcrust: 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
He has to be rejected by Senate because he is not truthful. He selects who to punish. Where are all d PDP criminals that defected to APC what has Magu done to them..one sided govt mcheeeeeeeeew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by greggng: 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2017
Curvinus:

Some of you re naive about what the constitution says. Mr president has the ultimate power not the Senate. With what I saw on nta he was not rejected. Even if he was rejected, Mr president will use his veto powers and confirm him. That is constitutional except if the president doesn't want him. It is clear those corupt law makers are afraid of magu and for same reason Mr president will confirm magu to put an end to their corrupt plans

2 Likes

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by Walelavender(m): 4:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
This is no longer funny The Senators have something up their sleeves. I can't figure out the intensity of the threat Magu poses, however I'm very sure the National Assembly is not ready to fight corruption.
Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by gideonvalor98(m): 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
They lied, senator thieves. We will occupy the nation if magu is not confirmed. He represents the hope of the common man. Corruption in Nigeria needs stiff hand
Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by iKnowevents(m): 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
omenkaLives:
I will be back..

Stopped reading halfway.

But, what the heck. Anything besides a confirmation only proves the suspicions of the average Nigerian right; that Magu is on the right track and is surely making big crooks in the country very uncomfortable, and where do we have bigger crooks than in the NASS? about that is run like a secret cult, as opaque as nothing we've ever seen.

Isn't it a shame all those who blast the DAURA SECRET SERVICE have now suddenly turn out to be it's biggest cheerleaders? How come the Daura Service wrote a report that certainly wouldn't bid well for Baba's man?

Magu should keep acting jor. We the progressives and patriotic citizens of this country are solidly behind him.

HDemocracy... that some people antagonise DSS when they do evil, and align with them when seemingly they do their work well, shows that those people understand the tenets of democracy.

Patriotism simply means no foe, no friend. No politicking, no party alignment. You just want the best for the Nation, no matter who is there or not.

That's why it is funny when some political jobbers here shout... "am a patriot!". They are just sycophants.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by bakila: 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
freeze001:
His rejection by the senate puts an end to his career as Chairman of the EFCC; he has been directed to hand over to the most senior officer in the EFCC until another nomination is made. If he is declared unfit for confirmation, he is automatically estopped from acting as Chairman.
When did the senate acquire the power to appoint someone to carry out an executive function in Nigeria? Dino should go and sit down.
Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nothing, Nigerian youths are more clueless than their "rulers."
figure007:
What can we youths do to take over those sits from those tyrant and cruel leaders self ?just asking .... We youths need to take our positions cos all these people have no dime to offer .... When we get there it might not be easy but I bet you new innovations and youthful strategies will emerge and the country will move forward ....as for me am tired of all these old cargoes **fraudsters **.... Don't quote me if you don't support please ...
Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by Amaizu(m): 4:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
You must have a copy of the constitution different from what the rest of us have.
Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by chukagates(m): 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
Antangonist:
The senators are all jokers, either they like it or not magu will remain as acting chairman till pmb finish his tenure.
I had never expected the senate to confirm him, rather they are compounding more to their problems. Watch out Magu is coming for them but those without skeleton in their cupboard will be free.
you clearly underestimate the power of the senate watch and see as events unfold..even the dss raid. on judiciary.watch as onnoghen will try to frustate them in court..

1 Like

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by Curvinus(m): 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
Daboomb:

LiePOD and Corruption are like........

Someone help me with that jacob Zuma pinshure, biiko.

Be creative dumbass

1 Like

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by Amenphx: 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nigeria is fast becoming something else oooo look at they everything is going; from one story to the other Hmmmmm. Magu u go hearam for the other ROOM grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
Magu don't worry they will confirm you during their campaigns to return in 2019 for more looting, so that, you wouldn't probe them.

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by gerg: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
Magu is not fighting corruption. He's just a witchhunt tool in the hands of the Buhari and the cabals. Anybody that argues this needs to have his head examined.

2 Likes

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by earthcrust: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
U that is defending magu I see u as a very low thinker. What good has d policy of selective corruption fight done to u? Rather than good what we get is hunger, starvation, division, senseless killings, a certain tribe bearing arms without disturbance, loss of jobs, lies, vindictiveness, intimidation, lawlesness ,recession, propaganda and hardship.may God Almighty judge d all the wicked counselors in our country and show them d way out of gvt so Nigeria can move forward.

2 Likes

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by SlyPe(m): 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
soberdrunk:
He was asked how much he recovered he couldn't give a figure,this is the same man that always say so so millions and billions have been recovered. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by senitorspeaker(m): 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
this is the boss of so call #EFCC can't give account of the looted money they claim they recovered!! PATHETIC!

2 Likes

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by Seylad2009(m): 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nigeria main problem are the Senators and not the executive.
How I wish Nigeria can be great again but I don't think so with the Senators and Reps will have. Very Corrupt and Selfish.

We Nigerians needs to wake up and fight this corrupt men and women in the Senate and House of Rep.
Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by saintmark88(m): 5:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
Papertrail11:
magu dosent seem to answer question intelligently how much has been recovered so far by the effcc

magu: it's hard for me to say if I was tinubus wife I will go over there and konk him on his head idiot. just like askn a market woman how much did u make otoday she dosent know it's wierd

this northerns nothing dem sabi

Shut up , went tru d questions, he didn't perform badly he answered well, what else do they want, is it not obvious that even if he was flawless they would still reject him.... Rubbish

1 Like

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by Carmal90(m): 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
greggng:

Some of you re naive about what the constitution says. Mr president has the ultimate power not the Senate. With what I saw on nta he was not rejected. Even if he was rejected, Mr president will use his veto powers and confirm him. That is constitutional except if the president doesn't want him. It is clear those corupt law makers are afraid of magu and for same reason Mr president will confirm magu to put an end to their corrupt plans

I doubt this ur analysis, if magu can be confirmed by PMB I doubt we have any issue on him
Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by musicwriter(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
I' am very proud of the Nigerian senate today. Everybody must be scrutinized to the last page.

No more sacred cows.

He who comes to equity must come in clean hands.

3 Likes

Re: The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him by TundeHashim(m): 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
omenkaLives:
I will be back..

Stopped reading halfway.

Sir, this is actually not the way things work...according to the EFCC act, a person can't continue in acting capacity for more than one year that's why the executive wants magu confirmed. I dont believe in ur assertion that MAGU is the brightest bulb....they're many brighter bulbs out there and not magu alone...Also, we should commend the NASS not blame them...they're not as bad as we think...when they stopped the hike in data, the ban of CG Customs duties on cats and so more...we still criticized them..they've got their usefulness Nd we shouldn't be blaming them all the time..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Recover Arms, Charms From Yoruba Nation Lagos Rally Protesters (Photo) / Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / MC Oluomo Twitter Poll Between Buhari & Atiku- See Who's Leading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.