Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today (1649 Views)

''Senate Rejected Me Because I’m Doing My Job Well'' - Magu / Why Senate Rejected Jacob Daodu, Ondo Ambassadorial Nominee / Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today by uche87(m): 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
The six controversial reasons why the Senate unequivocally rejected the confirmation of Ibrahim Magu as the Chairman of the EFCC has been revealed.

The Senate on Wednesday rejected the nomination of Ibrahim Magu as the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) after he was questioned by some of the Senators for hours.

Magu who had been previously rejected by the Senate was re-nominated by President Muhammadu Buhari for confirmation. He was rejected, yet again by a majority of the Senators through a vote.

Here are 6 reasons why Magu was rejected by the Senate:

1. The main reason for Magu's rejection was because of the Department of State Security (DSS) earlier letter indicating in strong terms that Magu failed the integrity test and was unfit for the office.

2. Magu couldn't get the popular votes. He was rejected by a majority of the Senators who voted against his confirmation.

3. Senate took seriously the allegation by Magu that that two reports were submitted in one day about him by the DSS. They lawmakers didn't find it funny that Magu questioned the intergrity of the security agency's report.

4. The Clerk denied claims by Magu that the Senate received two letters from the DG SSS. When asked, the clerk confirmed that he received only one letter.

5. Senators questioned and frowned at the manner the EFCC arrest and detain individuals without following stipulated laws of the land. The Senate was irked by EFCC's penchant for disobeying court orders and the many cases of human rights abuse.

6. Magu failed to appear before the Senate with his own version of the report about the DSS allegations that cleared him on the matter which made it difficult for the Senators to understand.

-Compiled by Alexander Thandi Ubani for TORI News.

Source: http://www.tori.ng/news/56418/6-controversial-reasons-why-the-senate-rejected-ib.html

CC Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44 Ishilove Dominique Obinoscoppy

Re: 6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today by ESDKING: 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
Magu and controversy are inseparable are insuperable.
Re: 6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today by Realdeals(m): 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
They hate him

1 Like

Re: 6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today by Luckylife(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
wise men deals with the facts presented .
Re: 6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today by CallmeGlad(f): 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
I'm yet to understand Daura's angle in all these.

Ofcourse,Saraki and his goons are the front men.

It will be interesting to see how PMB resolve all these under hand politics regards Magu's confirmation.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today by uche87(m): 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
I believe replacing Magu will be a setback to the anti-corruption fight which is the utmost wish of the SINnators.

1 Like

Re: 6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today by hysteriabox(m): 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2017
Pmb should use his veto power

1 Like

Re: 6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today by yarimo(m): 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
7 MAGU'S response to questions are not impressive
Re: 6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today by 989900: 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
hysteriabox:
Pmb should use his veto power

He can't for fear of impeachment (his health).
Re: 6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today by hysteriabox(m): 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
989900:

He can't for fear of impeachment (his health).

Hmmm. Fair point. But I doubt if he'll back down on this matter. Leaving him in acting capacity nko
Re: 6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today by AustineE1: 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
Magu at the plenary hearing sounded out of touch with modern day financial crime operations,couldnt defend basic questions asked by the senators,looked ill prepared for the senate hearing.
However,left for some political arrest he made which basically was more like witch hunting the opposition and turning a blind eye on allegations and cases against the ruling party members,his undemocratic and arbitrary arrest of citizens,torture allegations,gestapo type operations etc.
I personally will give him pass mark for dealing with corrupt public servants,politicians et al and putting some level of fear among corrupt Nigerians.
Once more kudos to him for doing a good job. I hope he gets the needed approval from senate but must act proffessionally regardless of who is involved.

(1) (Reply)

You Are Ingrates, Senator Shaaba Told Kwarans / See How A Road in Uyo Looks Like After Rainfall (pics) / Biafran Kids In High Court Now In Abuja Protesting For The Release Of Nnadi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.