Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today (7597 Views)

Ibrahim Magu Wears Buhari's Campaign Lapel, Nigerians React / 6 Controversial Reasons Why The Senate Rejected Ibrahim Magu Today / Senate Screens Magu Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by Dinirojones(m): 8:31am On Mar 15, 2017
ABUJA—SENATE President, Bukola Saraki, said yesterday that Acting Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, would be screened today as substantive chairman of the anti-graft agency...

Disclosing this at plenary, Saraki said: ”Tomorrow (today), we have the acting chairman of EFCC, who is also appearing before us for screening and it will follow at11:30 am.”

It would be recalled that President Muhammadu Buhari had forwarded Magu’s name to the Senate on June 2016 for confirmation. He was appointed in acting capacity by President Buhari on November 9, 2015, following the sack of his predecessor, Ibrahim Lamorde.

It would be recalled that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, acting as the President while President Muhammadu Buhari was away in London on a 10-day medical vacation in June 6, 2016 had forwarded a letter to the Senate. The letter was a request for the screening and subsequent confirmation of Ibrahim Mustapha Magu, an Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP, as the substantive chairman of the anti-graft agency. Senate President Bukola Saraki read the letter to his colleagues at the Senate Chambers during plenary.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/senate-screens-acting-efcc-chairman-magu-today/

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by madridguy(m): 8:31am On Mar 15, 2017
Ibrahim Magu my man.

17 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by Dinirojones(m): 8:36am On Mar 15, 2017
I think this man is fit for the job......the senate should give him a chance....
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by Lukmann1: 9:19am On Mar 15, 2017
d
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by SweetBoyFriend(m): 9:19am On Mar 15, 2017

Another Northerner

These Northerners own and run Nigeria but they have nothing to show of it

They have produced more than 5 Nigerian presidents but still lives in abject poverty, has terrorism in every northern state, still underdeveloped

I don't want to see any Igbo guy or Yoruba guy in any government office in Nigeria, let those northerners run and destroy it by themselves, we know who suffers it

3 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by jeeqaa7(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2017
Make una wait first
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by nairaman66(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2017
Is it everyday dem dey screen this Magu??
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2017
Finally grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by goryorhal(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2017
Sheyb na person wey get light go watch the live screening for TV

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by seunlly(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2017
Dino melaye will be against it....

2 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by Alleviating: 9:21am On Mar 15, 2017
shocked
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by ozayn: 9:21am On Mar 15, 2017
everybody in Naija is acting... Acting president, acting chief judge and acting citizens grin

2 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:21am On Mar 15, 2017
Okay oooooo
Nigerians are watching because you still have not told us what happened to the incriminating evidence against Magu.
Many Nigerians are good students of history and we don't forget these things easily.
E dey fresh inside our brain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 15, 2017
hope he be confirm...xo he go chop dia fada
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by ogregs: 9:22am On Mar 15, 2017
goryorhal:
Sheyb na person wey get light go watch the live screening for TV
No light in my hood for days

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by colitin: 9:22am On Mar 15, 2017
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by Lukmann1: 9:22am On Mar 15, 2017
bunch of liar, the screening is just to be deceived us. He will still appointed.
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by okoroko(m): 9:22am On Mar 15, 2017
Hope he quached the case against Saraki becus of all them na the same thief them be all...Nigerian's politicians! !!criminal of highest order!!
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by senatordave1(m): 9:24am On Mar 15, 2017
I foresee his confirmation before 6pm today.he is one of the pillars of this govt and is doing a good job eradicating graft.up apc,up buhari.down pdp
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by pasanki: 9:24am On Mar 15, 2017
okoroko:
Hope he quached the case against Saraki becus of all them na the same thief them be all...Nigerian's politicians! !!criminal of highest order!!
thats why they are holding him back I guess
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:26am On Mar 15, 2017
That's my man, God bless PMB..

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by LAFO: 9:27am On Mar 15, 2017
grin
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by Meritocracy: 9:29am On Mar 15, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

Another Northerner

They have produced more than 5 Nigerian presidents but still lives in abject poverty, has terrorism in every northern state, still underdeveloped

I don't want to see any Igbo guy or Yoruba guy in any government office in Nigeria, let those northerners run and destroy it by themselves, we know who suffers it

Is Magu new to you? North has more political zone more than Yoruba, Hausa combine and the political position is based on zoning. Always expect hausa to get more post than yoruba, igbo combine. Blame the past leaders in your zone that sold you cheaply cos of their greedy and selfishness not Buhari .

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by gentlesoul196: 9:32am On Mar 15, 2017
Blackberry Z30 available for sale still in good working
condition.
Price 25k negotiable
Location Lagos
Phone O 8 O 59605447
Or whatsapp me
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by agabusta: 9:40am On Mar 15, 2017
Magu correct guy!
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by SweetBoyFriend(m): 9:41am On Mar 15, 2017
Meritocracy:

Is Magu new to you? North has more political zone more than Yoruba, Hausa combine and the political position is based on zoning. Always expect hausa to get more post than yoruba, hausa combine. Blame the past leaders in your zone that sold you cheaply cos of their greedy and selfishness not Buhari .

What drugs are you on ?? Stupidity pills ??

I'm not blaming anyone because my people are not dying of hunger or being killed by Boko haram

Where in my post did i mention Buhari ??

Blame him for what ?? I don't give a flying fucck if he decides to sell Nigeria today

Ugly ass Abokì
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by GameGod(m): 9:44am On Mar 15, 2017
[s]
SweetBoyFriend:

Another Northerner

[/s]
Trash

2 Likes

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by TijaniAbu: 9:44am On Mar 15, 2017
Magu is personally corrupt, most of the efcc's grandstanding under Magu is illegal in non-adherence to Rule Of Law, destroying the investigative integrity of most cases. In any civilised democracy, a ham-fisted Magu can never even be nominated to head any crime fighting agency. His latest scam in adding the name of Diezani to the money laundering case of Former Minister of Planning Suleiman Abubakar and Mohammed Dele Belgore SAN after taking bribe from Asiwaju Bola Tinubu the Jagaban of corruption is a typical example of Magu helping crooks evade justice, so their trial will never be concluded since Diezani cannot be served with summons. Magu is a crook, who should not be confirmed.

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by GameGod(m): 9:45am On Mar 15, 2017
[s]
SweetBoyFriend:

What drugs are you on ?? Stupidity pills ??

I'm not blaming anyone because my people are not dying of hunger or being killed by Boko haram

Where in my post did i mention Buhari ??

Blame him for what ?? I don't give a flying fucck if he decides to sell Nigeria today

Ugly ass Abokì
[/s]
All these Nairaland kids sef

1 Like

Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by realGURU(m): 9:55am On Mar 15, 2017
#maguMUSTgo
Re: Senate Screens Ibrahim Magu Today by Bimpe29: 10:03am On Mar 15, 2017
Let him (Magu) continue to Barrow all economic and financial Jammeh as fast as possible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why I Can't Support Biafra As A Nigerian / FG Votes N792m To Refurbish Aircraft / UN Has Admitted Biafra As 46th Member Of UNPO — Uwazurike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.