Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Why I Was Appointed Custom Boss – Hameed Ali - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Was Appointed Custom Boss – Hameed Ali (740 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos / Properties Recovered So Far From Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Custom Boss (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Was Appointed Custom Boss – Hameed Ali by Limitednow: 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
THE Embattled Controller-General of Nigerian Customs Service, Hameed Ali has stated why he was appointed to head the agency.

Ali, who said he was appointed from outside the service to carry out three mandates, made this disclosure through the agency’s spokeman, Joseph Attah, in an interview with Premium Times.

Attah who declined comments about the current uniform controversy between his boss and the country’s upper chamber said “He (Ali) was appointed to restructure, reform and raise revenue for the country” adding the “he has been found to have performed greatly.”

The online newspaper in an interview with a former Comptroller-General of Nigerian Customs Service, Bello Haliru reported that the latter on Tuesday said he wore the uniform of the agency while in office, even though he was a political appointee and not a career officer.

Mr. Haliru was the first CG to be appointed outside the service in 1988 by the former military ruler, Ibrahim Babangida.

He led the agency until 1994 when former military ruler, Sani Abacha, relieved him of the role.

“The moment I was appointed, I became a career Customs officer,” Mr. Haliru said. “I knew I must comply with all rules and regulations of the organisation I am leading and that included wearing a uniform.”

Asked to weigh in on the matter, Mr. Haliru said he did not have sufficient knowledge about Mr. Ali’s appointment.

“It depends on the terms of his employment,” Mr. Haliru said. “I don’t know the terms of his employment.”

“But as for me, when I was tapped to lead Customs, having accepted, I had to comply with all the Customs regulations.”

“Wearing uniform is part of the service regulation. When you accept the appointment, you’re subject to the service regulations,” he said.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/03/why-i-was-appointed-custom-boss-hameed-ali/

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Appointed Custom Boss – Hameed Ali by Okanokan(m): 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
Col Hameed Ali must be made to understand that in democratic setting constituted authority must be obeyed. The fact that he was given a 3point agenda to overhaul the custom does not stop him from wearing the uniform of custom, the sole administratorship mentality of most of our retired military officers must stop or how do we sustain the ethics of custom. Hameed Ali should do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Appointed Custom Boss – Hameed Ali by silvastone: 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Okanokan:
Col Hameed Ali must be made to understand that in democratic setting constituted authority must be obeyed. The fact that he was given a 3point agenda to overhaul the custom does not stop him from wearing the uniform of custom, the sole administratorship mentality of most of our retired military officers must stop or how do we sustain the ethics of custom. Hameed Ali should do the right thing.
your head get oil
Re: Why I Was Appointed Custom Boss – Hameed Ali by HARDDON: 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Never seem one so stubborn!

so if it is not that your ancient robe of hell you wouldnt live?

there must be something he carries under that bedspread of a malam wear he sweeps the town with !
Re: Why I Was Appointed Custom Boss – Hameed Ali by Lincoln275(m): 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
it seems I like ds man oooo
Re: Why I Was Appointed Custom Boss – Hameed Ali by ipobarecriminals: 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Drag he thief b4 the worthless,hopeless,useless,corrupt filled national assembly
Re: Why I Was Appointed Custom Boss – Hameed Ali by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
The man cant wear that uniform based on his rank in the millitary

(1) (Reply)

More Trouble For Hameed Ali As Reps Order Probe / Hameed Ali: Can Wear Apc Uniform But Not Customs / ABU VC Ibrahim Garba Couldn't Manipulate These Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.