Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Traditional Marriage In My Town (south East Nigeria) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Marriage In My Town (south East Nigeria) (1327 Views)

Lady Burns Her Wedding Dress As She Leaves Her Marriage In Style (photos) / All You Need To Know About Court Marriage In Nigeria -Barr. Enwongo Cleopas. / Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Marriage In My Town (south East Nigeria) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
First,
You have finally met that Miss right and is time to follow her to her place. Then that comes what we call "knocking at the door" (iku aka n'uzo).
Is the first visit to declare your intention to the family. Prior to that none of her family member knows you.
The picture below is exactly how "knocking at the door" is performed as regards to the requirements.

Re: Traditional Marriage In My Town (south East Nigeria) by Cutehector(m): 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
Igbo kwenu grin
Re: Traditional Marriage In My Town (south East Nigeria) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 15, 2017
The second visit is the bride price payment which is usually among the kindred members and you are also expected to provide the necessary requirements.
Note that bride price payment or dowry payment is not the same as the traditional marriage, although most often it can happen same day but different requirements.
For my kindred people, below is their requirement for bride price or dowry payment.

Re: Traditional Marriage In My Town (south East Nigeria) by Airborne02(m): 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cutehector:
Igbo kwenu grin
hiaaa

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In My Town (south East Nigeria) by Cutehector(m): 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
So this na wetin I go take use buy someborri
Re: Traditional Marriage In My Town (south East Nigeria) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
What an irony. Please notice the type of house in the second picture

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In My Town (south East Nigeria) by vivienD: 8:15pm On Mar 16, 2017
Big lie..pls were is ur village I guess they are hungry undecided
Re: Traditional Marriage In My Town (south East Nigeria) by prettyjo(f): 9:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
pls stop lying..d last time I checked,pig is not a requirement in the east
Re: Traditional Marriage In My Town (south East Nigeria) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
Is it their goddess he wants to marry? shocked shocked grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

She Obviously Brought An Entirely Different Part To The Marternity Shoot(photos) / Please Kindly Help Repost This Till The Government See This / Black Engine Oil For Sale In Lagos... Dm Me If You Are Intrested Now 07083676588

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.