Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say (27305 Views)

Yoruba Leaders Say No To Cattle Colonies, Back Ranching / Why Buhari Is Seen To Be Underperforming, His Govt Is Hijacked - Lawal Idris / 'It Is Over For Magu, Buhari Can Not Send His Name To Senate Again': Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by kmuds: 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2017
abbccc:
He lost it long time ago....He has been ceremonial president for Long. My annoyance is that they didn't allow OSINBAJO to come into the loop of decision making so things can turn around as we witnessed in the few weeks he acted as President.
word!!!
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by samesco: 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
nwaonyeze001:
probably
after 4years right??
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by Ameko4ever(m): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
Magu! Magu!! Magu!!! Going, going and gone. The Senate-DSS connivance syndicate and 'evil' plot. Is this democracy in action or display of behind the scene action? Maybe it's a reality show of Esau and Jacob birth right control theater playlet; with DSS having a Rebekah as a mother hatching the rejection-substitution plan. I think I am enjoying the unfolding story. Who is going to brink first among the gladiators. I hope I am not the only one in the cinema galleria?!!
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by AngelicBeing: 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2017
tongue
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by Bizibi(m): 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2017
Used and dumped
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by OlujobaSamuel: 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2017
exactly. The first speak na obj, the tone is very glaring.
I totally put all the blame on pmb, it's of two things, someone is using the dss and pmb has no control of his cabinet

2 Likes

Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by dvee2: 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
The former leaders,they were in control of their govt that's why they are able to leave Nigeria in this sorry state?

1 Like

Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by wawappl: 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
factsandfigures:
The DSS sent another report this week to the Senate which labeled Magu as liability to the anti-corruption war. How do we expect the Senate to confirm Magu against the damaging report from DSS ? It is either the president does not want Magu confirmed but preferred to put the blame on the Senate or the president is not in charge of his government. NOT ALL NIGERIANS ARE GULLIBLE

YOU ARE RIGHT; AFTER THE FIRST DISQUALIFICATION DUE TO LETTER FROM DSS, I EXPECT PMB TO CALL DSS BOSS TO VALIDATE THE ALLEGATIONS, IF IT THEY ARE TRUE, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE RESEND MAGU NAME FOR THE SECOND TIME. IF IT WAS JUST ASSUMPTION,HE WILL INSTRUCT THE DSS BOSS TO WITHDRAW THE LETTER. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE THING. IN FEW WKS TIME THE WHOLE STORY WILL BECOME CLEAR.

I JUST DON'T WANT TO CONFIRM WHAT AISHA SAID ABOUT PMB IS TRUE.

1 Like

Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by GoodcasHMan: 12:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
Buhari has to go and take back his name,
We want to have the Buhari that we know during OBJ time
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by andyanders: 12:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
Truth said. I was highly disappointed that the House of Assembly could stand to humiliate Magu by their decision not to confirm his nomination.

With the high level of corruption within their circle, it will be very difficult to have Magu get fair judgement by the chamber.

If they can do that to the president, then then have clearly shown that they have no respect for his position and person
Too bad.
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by Nuheights(m): 12:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
Buhari is totally out of control of his government. This is so disgraceful and embarrassing. It is pure trash. How can the presidency fight the presidency when there is a head? Oh.... maybe there is really just no head!

5 Likes

Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by chukwubyk: 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
There is no point digging, many nigerians may not know that president Buhari is behind the whole drama that happened at the senate.

1 Like

Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by magoo10(m): 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
Absolutely we have a ceremonial head.

everyone in this govt claims Jackie chan
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by michoim(m): 12:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
The two former leaders are absolutely correct in their view.
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by economania(m): 12:57pm On Mar 16, 2017
Trade by batter Magu must be confirmed .
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by sanpipita(m): 1:00pm On Mar 16, 2017
This is the truth zombies don't want to admit yet and they were blaming the senate. fools

2 Likes

Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by mekadmiry(m): 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
exactly. The first speak na obj, the tone is very glaring.
I totally put all the blame on pmb, it's of two things, someone is using the dss and pmb has no control of his cabinet
You're a sharp guy... Na Obj.... During an interview on his birthday Monday 5.
The other one na GEJKLMNOPQRST
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by 2016v2017: 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2017
ovadozes:
He was never in control naa, it's like telling us what we already know.
He's a ceremonial head, what baffled me most was how can there be an indicting report from DSS against Magu and yet he was foolish enough to still send the man to senate for confirmation. If he is in charge he would have known.
Buhari is a dullard, I swear
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by orunto27: 1:15pm On Mar 16, 2017
In this case, DSS simply did its normal and constitutional duties of helping The NASS to reject Magu and declare him unsuitable for such appointment.
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 16, 2017
andyanders:
Truth said. I was highly disappointed that the House of Assembly could stand to humiliate Magu by their decision not to confirm his nomination.

With the high level of corruption within their circle, it will be very difficult to have Magu get fair judgement by the chamber.

If they can do that to the president, then then have clearly shown that they have no respect for his position and person
Too bad.
My dear friend please do not allow sentiment to make you look gullible. Granted most senators are corrupt. But if you are in their shoes will you still go ahead to confirm Magu when the DSS wrote another letter to the Senate that Magu is not fit and will be a liability to the anti-corruption war? The letter was sent to the Senate less than 24 hours before Magu appeared before the Senate. Since DSS reports to the president, as far as I am concern , It is the presidency that stopped Magu's confirmation.
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by Duru009(m): 1:22pm On Mar 16, 2017
How can magu say dat. " he doesn't know the amount that has been recovered so far".........

Dat man is a criminal... .
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by bobnatlo(m): 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
Ar u sure u actually read the article??
Or u just going ahead to voice ur sentiments here.
We all know that our nat'l assembly is quite corrupt.
But in this case how ar they to blame??
If u were a lawmaker are u going to confirm a nominee that failed common integrity test??
Mtcheew
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by prolove22(m): 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
All of you that will always blame my president because you're broke.....God will purnish your own President
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by Raziii(m): 1:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
You know that feeling when a movie becomes unnecessarily long and boring... Thats how I feel right now.

Naija matter don tire me abeg!
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by seangy4konji: 1:51pm On Mar 16, 2017
Orishirishi
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by ogbonti: 2:08pm On Mar 16, 2017
Buhari is not a smart man. Does he know what "inner caucus" is in politics? Who does he employ to get his dirty job done in the National Assembly? Where and who are his political hatchet men? Who is the damn "chief whip" of the APC in the senate? What has he or she done to keep that position of Chief Whip? Does Buhari fully understand the "carrot and the stick" strategy of presidential powers? Does Buhari know his duties as President? Does he know he can dissolve the National Assembly and call for fresh elelctions if he feels majority of the people want something different from what their senators are pursuing at the National Assembly? until these questions are answered, sorry.... Buhari has no business being POFRON. (President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria)
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
Buhari was just there to protect his killer herdsmen while fools here masturbaate to the Sun shouting Sai Baba

wink wink wink wink grin grin grin wink smiley cry cry shocked shocked shocked

LWKMD !
Re: Magu: Buhari Has Lost Control Of His Govt., Former Nigerian Leaders Say by bettercreature(m): 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2017
DozieInc:
Isn't the DSS suppose to be "independent"
No they are not indepedent! they are under the executive arm
This development is very worriesome.He is obviously not in charge
That is why i like Donald Trump,He works at speed of light he would have fired all the top DSS officials since yesterday

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breeze FM Lafia, Nasarawa Demolished For Announcing Workers Want To Go On Strike / Musiliu Obanikoro Finally Dumps PDP, Joins APC / 2023: Tinubu Knows My Party – Lamido Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.