Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas (4300 Views)

Sacked 900 Dangote Workers Protest Non-Payment Of Benefits In Lagos (Pics) / DESOPADEC Workers Strip Unclad To Protest Non-Payment Of Bonuses (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by yomtolly(f): 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
Channels Television
TOP VIDEOS

Federal Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of Arrears
Channels Television.
Updated March 16, 2017
Federal Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of ArrearsRetired federal civil servants have protested the non-payment of 15 months pension arrears allegedly held back by the Federal Ministry of Finance.

The senior citizens besieged the Ministry’s Headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria;s capital on Thursday to register their displeasure over the non-payment of their pension arrears.

They bemoaned the death of fellow members due to their inability to pay for medication and other necessities, owing to the non-payment of pension benefits under the Contributory Pension Scheme.

The aggrieved pensioners consequently issued a seven-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to pay the outstanding pension arrears.

And failure to meet up with the deadline, the Federal Ministry of Finance will be occupied by the group of elderly Nigerians.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/03/16/federal-pensioners-protest-non-payment-arrears/

1 Like

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by nony43(m): 7:06am On Mar 17, 2017
Tf
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by Lincoln275(m): 7:07am On Mar 17, 2017
hmmm
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by Itzwinnie: 7:07am On Mar 17, 2017
D
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 17, 2017
We are soon gona protest non payment of our October Salary

1 Like

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by weedtheweeds: 7:09am On Mar 17, 2017
Apostle suleiman could have spent his 8000 euros and 12000 USD on people like this. Rather he spent it on a prostitute. Where do we run to? these pastors and Imams just keep ripping innocent souls of their savings and livelihood. They enrich themselves and leave the gullible helpless. They will steal from the government and take to the religious leaders yet the people are so blind to see them. Would it be wrong if the Imams, adeboye, oyakhilome and Lazarus all come out to lend their voices to support these protesters? have you ever heard of Martin Luther King? Some pastors are happy that Suleiman is going through this scandal so that they can steal his members. Religion is the real problem of the country, but no one seems to see that. Kemi Olunloyo might be insane to you, but she chooses to speak out on issues that are heavily embedded in the fabrics of our devious cultures.
sorry for protesters but when the government pays them, the first thing they will do is to give the money to criminals, religious leaders

4 Likes

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by Fesirb111: 7:09am On Mar 17, 2017
make dem pay these people now haabaa!!!
BuBu wetin happen na

2 Likes

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 17, 2017
Chaiii
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by ednut1(m): 7:10am On Mar 17, 2017
this is the reward for not engaging in shady deals while working

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by Ezedon(m): 7:11am On Mar 17, 2017
Umbrella is always better than broom

1 Like

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by pizzylee(m): 7:12am On Mar 17, 2017
protest? I doubt if FG ever listens to dat
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by kullozone(m): 7:26am On Mar 17, 2017
My dad has been complaining that they haven't been paid(pension) since december last year.
FG, make una pay the old men money oh!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by pcei: 7:27am On Mar 17, 2017
Govt shld do what's necessary. About how much per person are they talking about?
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by teemy(m): 7:27am On Mar 17, 2017
they were once in the system and so i see them reaping the rewards of their not correcting it. correcting it would be retirees getting paid ahead of those in service like it's done in nnpc and those in service would be rest assured of protection too.

1 Like

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by teemy(m): 7:33am On Mar 17, 2017
that way no govt would see or insult them as dead weight. the current labour congress should push this as a standard else history would keep repeating itself and fear of the unknown would encourage civil servants to pencil push and corruption thrives

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by kullozone(m): 7:37am On Mar 17, 2017
weedtheweeds:
Apostle suleiman could have spent his 8000 euros and 12000 USD on people like this. Rather he spent it on a prostitute. Where do we run to? these pastors and Imams just keep ripping innocent souls of their savings and livelihood. They enrich themselves and leave the gullible helpless. They will steal from the government and take to the religious leaders yet the people are so blind to see them. Would it be wrong if the Imams, adeboye, oyakhilome and Lazarus all come out to lend their voices to support these protesters? have you ever heard of Martin Luther King? Some pastors are happy that Suleiman is going through this scandal so that they can steal his members. Religion is the real problem of the country, but no one seems to see that. Kemi Olunloyo might be insane to you, but she chooses to speak out on issues that are heavily embedded in the fabrics of our devious cultures.
sorry for protesters but when the government pays them, the first thing they will do is to give the money to criminals religious leaders

Their headache, If they want to remain gullible. They've refused to see reasons why these men are fraudsters. They'll even insult you for talking against their pastors/imams.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by adewale9050: 7:42am On Mar 17, 2017
yomtolly:
Channels Television
TOP VIDEOS

Federal Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of Arrears
Channels Television.
Updated March 16, 2017
Federal Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of ArrearsRetired federal civil servants have protested the non-payment of 15 months pension arrears allegedly held back by the Federal Ministry of Finance.

The senior citizens besieged the Ministry’s Headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria;s capital on Thursday to register their displeasure over the non-payment of their pension arrears.

They bemoaned the death of fellow members due to their inability to pay for medication and other necessities, owing to the non-payment of pension benefits under the Contributory Pension Scheme.

The aggrieved pensioners consequently issued a seven-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to pay the outstanding pension arrears.

And failure to meet up with the deadline, the Federal Ministry of Finance will be occupied by the group of elderly Nigerians.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/03/16/federal-pensioners-protest-non-payment-arrears/

1 Like

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 17, 2017
Despite 35 yrs meritorious service to her fatherland, The useless/demonic nig govt refused to pay my mum a dime of her accumulated pension before her sad demise!
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by burkingx(f): 8:03am On Mar 17, 2017
cool... Arrears from what YEAR ?

I WANT TO KNOW .....SO AS TO KNOW WHICH ADMINISTRATION TO BLAME ?

.....................GEJ.....OR.....PMB cool

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by blackboy(m): 8:23am On Mar 17, 2017
Very strange. I know a pensioner who say they pay him no later than 25TH of every month however since December he was not paid
He. Came down to Abuja PITAD. PITAD has said that there was a problem with their system and they were so sorry. All areas would be paid. I believe he was paid
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by seguno2: 8:48am On Mar 17, 2017
weedtheweeds:
Apostle suleiman could have spent his 8000 euros and 12000 USD on people like this. Rather he spent it on a prostitute. Where do we run to?

Please run to whoever borrowed your thinking faculties.
Is the Apostle the same person as the president of our country?
Whoever did this to you is a wicked somebody. Chai!!!

3 Likes

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by koolaid87: 8:55am On Mar 17, 2017
Nigeria is a failed project...Sometimes i just wonder how life would have been if we were still under our colonial masters b'cos ever since we broke free, nothing had changed. I can't go all wrong with white people, seeing my own black leaders looting and not moved a bit towards their people suffering.

How would honest and faithful civil servants served their country wholeheartedly and at their time of rest, their supposed dear country turned her back on them..It's a shame. And seeing looters like dino melaye posing in his cars, displaying his wealth is adding insult to injury.

Can't blame myself running out of that failed state when it was my time to serve her cos she ain't owe me sh1t.

Useless country. No vision, no dreams. Looters keep looting, stupid fools keep praising them.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by MisterGrace: 9:11am On Mar 17, 2017
Their's is even better. Mum that was forced to join a PFA even when she was close to retirement is getting nothing and don't any arreas.
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by signeddocuments: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2017
sorry for protesters but when the government pays them, the first thing they will do is to give the money to criminals, religious leaders

You are damn right- you make my day,God bless you.
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by eph123(f): 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
seguno2:

Please run to whoever borrowed your thinking faculties.
Is the Apostle the same person as the president of our country?
Whoever did this to you is a wicked somebody. Chai!!!

grin funny

1 Like

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by Omadavis: 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
talk to me on all issues pataining to annuity and programmed withdrawal retirement plans
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by Omadavis: 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
Contact me on all matters relating to pension and how it's to be managed at retirement....
07030298000. Email.... Omadavis212@gmail.com.... Thanks
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by Omadavis: 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
teemy:
they were once in the system and so i see them reaping the rewards of their not correcting it. correcting it would be retirees getting paid ahead of those in service like it's done in nnpc and those in service would be rest assured of protection too.
..... Talk to me on matters relating to pension and how it is to be managed at retirement.... Also get to know more about annuity and programmed withdrawal pension systems......
Contact me ......07030298000.... Omadavis212@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by BrazilaAirporta: 10:27am On Jun 26, 2021
Years later and nothing hasn't changed
Re: Federal Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Arreas by Shopeters001(m): 10:54am On Jun 26, 2021
How do these people feel cool oweing old men and women that has served the nation for a certain period. That's too bad �

(1) (Reply)

When Your Career Ends, What Will You Do Next? / Oceanography (marine Science) / Are Foreign Graduates That Much Better Than Nigerian Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.