Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover (24841 Views)

Distressed 3-Storey Building At No 7, Sule Close, Apapa / Iganmu: LASEMA Raises / ELECTRICAL, AUDIO SYSTEM, CCTV, FIRE ALARM, ELECTRIC FENCE INSTALLATIONS.. / Electrical Design With COREN Seal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Olasco93: 10:56am On Mar 17, 2017
Tiri gbosa for COREN.
There should be Procedures and Standard.
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by maxiuc(m): 10:57am On Mar 17, 2017
That flyover mehn na nonsense wen I traverd home lst Xmas I saw the crap nd compared it with the ones here in abj I can say it is really sub standard

Go to imostate there are many sub standard projects going on

But okorocha rochas no dey buy sub standard beer for him belle
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by sniperr007(m): 10:59am On Mar 17, 2017
eph123:
I wonder why it's so hard to follow standards and procedures in this country. What exactly is the problem with Nigerians?

Greed
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by fountainsLtd: 10:59am On Mar 17, 2017
please they should go ahead to take necessary steps because lives of people is more important than the governor and his crew of looters!
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by loopman: 11:00am On Mar 17, 2017
COREN. should go and check the one in Akwa too, we saw some pictures here few days ago, showing clearly that the bridge can't pass the integrity test.
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by nkemdi89(f): 11:00am On Mar 17, 2017
The Governor is a man who always breach protocols and do things in his own way, unfortunately not in the case of structural engineering, before any construction work is done especially in relation to state projects all the necessary agencies and organisation ought to be on ground to access and give necessary advise, corrections and approval. Unfortunately all the road constructions in the state are shabbily done, far below standard. Political sycophants will never put their feet on the ground to tell him the right thing.
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by marltech: 11:01am On Mar 17, 2017
Benekruku:
grin grin grin

So COREN still exist?

They should start from the counterfeit suspension bridge in Anambra then I will believe they have standards and ethics.

That architectural flaw standing in Anambra needs to be demolished. It's a shame to COREN to have allowed such junk, counterfeit and flawed design, to be erected.

Your siggy tho grin
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Nwachukwu1986(m): 11:13am On Mar 17, 2017
And he want to b president and build the same bridge for third Niger bridge. grin is better the bypass or flyover is avoided. Tell him to come to Lagos, Akwaibom state, anambra and see what is solid road construction and bflyover. I weep for that state .God help them

1 Like

Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by AmericanQuarter: 11:14am On Mar 17, 2017
Benekruku:
grin grin grin
So COREN still exist?
They should start from the counterfeit suspension bridge in Anambra then I will believe they have standards and ethics.
That architectural flaw standing in Anambra needs to be demolished. It's a shame to COREN to have allowed such junk, counterfeit and flawed design, to be erected.

Are you intimidated by the beautiful suspension or what? The one in Awka is a structurally standard flyover/bridge and has been in use for the past 2yrs. COREN has certified Uyo and Awka flyovers. Let Imo state open their doors to COREN to do the right thing for once.

3 Likes

Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by CzarChris(m): 11:19am On Mar 17, 2017
Adaowerri111:
COREN don dey find small thing for pocket
This your statement, is totally uncalled for. COREN is well within its rights as a regulatory body to to cry foul when life threatening structures like these are being erected. i pass through that amawire axis when last i came to owerri, the construction was an eyesore. Even when rochas started constructing that rubbish at nwaorie river opposite warehouse. If not for the intervention of COREN, that stopped that work, do you know how many lives that would have been lost there? How can someone with his/her senses complete do a raft foundation for an overhead bridge that will take a lot of traffic especially heavy-duty vehicles in a waterlogged/slightly swampy area as against piling foundation?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Benekruku(m): 11:21am On Mar 17, 2017
AmericanQuarter:

Are you intimidated by the beautiful suspension or what? The one in Awka is a structurally standard flyover/bridge and has been in use for the past 2yrs. COREN has certified Uyo and Awka flyovers. Let Imo state open their doors to COREN to do the right thing for once.

Re u kidding me to have called that a suspension bridge?

Those steels you see above the bridge re decorations that could all fall when rusted and still will not have any impact on the bridge rather than killing innocent motorist and pedestrians.

It's a quack job!
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Donsammi(m): 11:21am On Mar 17, 2017
Deseo:
If you're in Owerri, avoid that bridge until COREN says otherwise.
lol bridge that haven't been finished for 2years nw ..

imsu students dey use the bridge as picnic center for nyt ...
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 17, 2017
Adaowerri111:

Not really, that thing, whatever name they choose to give it is a catastrophe waiting to happen.
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Donsammi(m): 11:25am On Mar 17, 2017
maxiuc:
That flyover mehn na nonsense wen I traverd home lst Xmas I saw the crap nd compared it with the ones here in abj I can say it is really sub standard

Go to imostate there are many sub standard projects going on

But okorocha rochas no dey buy sub standard beer for him belle
I thought its only me that noticed that...

telling peeps here that this can't be called a bridge in abj .

shameful thing.. substandard get hope..
is there any word apart frm substandard that can be used to qualify it..

1 Like

Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by AmericanQuarter: 11:25am On Mar 17, 2017
Benekruku:

Re u kidding me to have called that a suspension bridge?
Those steels you see above the bridge re decorations that could all fall when rusted and still will not have any impact on the bridge rather than killing innocent motorist and pedestrians.

The suspension is steel, it's not gonna rust. Anyways believe whatever that you want. Peace out. Thank you

1 Like

Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by lagdmark(m): 11:29am On Mar 17, 2017
eph123:
I wonder why it's so hard to follow standards and procedures in this country. What exactly is the problem with Nigerians?
Most state governors in the quest of gaining cheap popularity on social media build substandard infrastructural facilities eg. Roads, flyovers, etc.

1 Like

Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Charly68: 11:33am On Mar 17, 2017
IMOlites know they are in for it until the man leaves power . It is a pity that the last time the state was able to have a dependable & honest leader was the time of late sir Mbakwe. I visited Owerri then & it was like a mini-London . Very neat & everything was working . But thereafter na wuruwuru & wayowayo Govt .
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Jobabori(m): 11:33am On Mar 17, 2017
Benekruku:
grin grin grin

So COREN still exist?

Anambra is a state not a town. Tell us the exact town and place the bridge is in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by cardinal12: 11:47am On Mar 17, 2017
And where are those follows that will come and say "Rochas is working" only nemesis will catch up with that devils incarnate called Imo state Governor
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
Donsammi:
lol bridge that haven't been finished for 2years nw ..

imsu students dey use the bridge as picnic center for nyt ...

LOLzzzz grin
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by nwaiwucharles(m): 12:09pm On Mar 17, 2017
Rochas de scam imolites
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by supereagle(m): 12:09pm On Mar 17, 2017
The man is a Fraud to us in Imo State. All the bridges he constructed are death trap.
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by mfm04622: 12:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
Adaowerri111:

Do you know COREN stand for? They regulate engineering practice in Nigeria. What is wrong in what they have done?
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
eph123:

Poverty and lack of oversight.

Not one government agency has stepped foot on my site in 2 years of construction.
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by eph123(f): 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Not one government agency has stepped foot on my site in 2 years of construction.

I think it also comes down to lack of value for human lives.

Wow! So how have you been able to ensure it's up to the required standards, in terms of materials used etc..
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
eph123:

I think it also comes down to lack of value for human lives.

Wow! So how have you been able to ensure it's up to the required standards, in terms of materials used etc..

Personal previous experience and having checks done by different professionals.

During these period there have been at least 3 total buildings under construction that collapsed in my area.
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by eph123(f): 1:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Personal previous experience and having checks done by different professionals.

During these period there have been at least 3 total buildings under construction that collapsed in my area.

Right, smart approach.

No wonder, that explains why buildings keep collapsing in Nigeria.
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Its a double edged sword. Lagos is full of agencies, and even if you have all if your documentation, they will still disturb you because they are looking for settlement.

They do not really care about your adherence to the signed off drawings, only about your willingness to drop something for weekend.

1 Like

Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
mfm04622:

Do you know COREN stand for? They regulate engineering practice in Nigeria. What is wrong in what they have done?

He is talking from experience. 90%of regulators are only concerned with shakedowns. That drives the response of the audited.
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by ozimec(m): 2:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
johnreh:
The Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) has raised concern over the integrity of an intersection bridge otherwise called flyover being constructed by the administration of Governor Rochas Okorocha at Amawire, Akwakuma in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

Briefing newsmen on the outcome of the council’s first quarterly meeting for 2017, President and Chairman of the council, Mr. Kashim Ali disclosed that a letter had been written to the governor requesting him to provide details of the consultants and contractors handling the project so that they can furnish the body with some necessary information.

Ali warned that the council would not hesitate to invite the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC), to storm the project site and arrest anybody seen there, if the government failed to comply.

“We got a disturbing report from Imo State on a bridge on Amawire, Okigwe Road and Akwakuma flyover. Our Engineering regulatory monitoring team noticed defects; they requested from the government the details of the consultants and contractors involved especially the engineers so we can know what went wrong.”

“The state government has not given us that information; we have written to the governor for them to give us the details urgently; to know the engineers involved to prevent what will cost lives. If they don’t do that, we have no option but to report the matter under our Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) conditions to ICPC and they would find whoever it is and get information they need.”

The council also deliberated on the report of alleged professional misconduct against a Professor of Agriculture and Environmental Engineering, from the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Simon Irtwange and referred the case to an investigating panel to determine whether the actions constituted ethical misconduct.

COREN President said the professor would be tried by the tribunal if any case was established against him

SOURCE:
http://sunnewsonline.com/coren-raises-the-alarm-over-owerri-flyover/

I thank God for this timely intervention of COREN because, it won't be long when that death trap called flyover which is being set up by one of these unqualified contractors and their dubious paymaster will cause havoc.
Re: COREN Raises Alarm Over Owerri Flyover by mfm04622: 2:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
oyb:

He is talking from experience. 90%of regulators are only concerned with shakedowns. That drives the response of the audited.

This is different!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Collapsed Synagogue Guest House: Church Closes Case / The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. / SOPHISTICATED INTERIOR FUNDAMENTAL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.