Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC (53330 Views)

Sierra Leone Government Patronises Innoson Vehicles In Anambra State (Pictures) / Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official / Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by publicenemy(m): 3:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
grin grin
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by donnie(m): 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
100? My dad will like this undecided
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by phemi01(m): 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
Lol...will you really do less than 120 on a Sunday morning on 3MB when the road is so phucking free? That's an opportunity to put your car at a speed test. But then, you do that at your own risk. You kill yourself, people will shout eeeyaaa! And type RIP for you and still chop puff or akara at your funeral .
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by igbsam(m): 3:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
Cruise Contol to the rescue
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by newfound2012: 3:44pm On Mar 17, 2017
I can't imagine driving 100kmph on a long journey.
my regular speed na 140 and countless cars still overtake me.
Road safety wan kill transport business for Nigeria. Imagine driving 100 from Kano to Lagos cryI can't imagine driving 100kmph on a long journey.
Road safety wan kill transport business for Nigeria. Imagine driving 100 from Kano to Lagos
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by cruzyteejay(m): 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
That doesn't make any sense,since the only available and affordable means of travelling to a distance destination is by road..........you don't expect a driver travelling from ogoja to ph to run a max of 100km/hr
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by eph123(f): 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
dammytosh:

They dnt even have a speedometer.

Lol!! I tell you
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Ayblaize(m): 3:48pm On Mar 17, 2017
Speed limit for Naija? ...Amen.

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by UgojiC(m): 3:49pm On Mar 17, 2017
Even if it is a good move I totally disagree with it. Even the so called officials don't adhere to it not to talk of convoys that run as though they are about taking off.

1 Like

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by lovingyouhun: 3:49pm On Mar 17, 2017
We hear
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by holluphemydavid(m): 3:49pm On Mar 17, 2017
tohpahz:
And someone I know does 160 nd above on 3rd mainland bridge.
warn him or her grin grin grin
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
This is just hilarious...

...zooms off on the Autobahn.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by onioyelowo: 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
120km/h is still ok in expressway for private cars
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Edoblakky(m): 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
talk2uwem:
pls tell FRSC to make it 150 for privates and 130 for public cars/bus
That is too high in my opinion. In Canada with very sweet roads, the highest speed limit is 110km/hr . In the USA, the highest is 130km/hr (i.e 80mph) on transcountry highways. While within, it's 75mph on interstate highways.
Speed limits are conspicuously displayed for all to see. And if you're caught driving above the limit, you get fined on the spot. There are some areas like school or playground zones and construction zones. If you violate speed limits there, your fine doubles.

We do not have good road development. FRSC does not have a database of all registered cars in Nigeria. It's easy to register a car in all 36 states without the car being sold. These and many other things will make a monkery out of this law.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by ayoade2: 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2017
Will FRSC do 100km/hr when chasing a defaulter?

2 Likes

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by ophilly: 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2017
The odometers of most cars on our roads (Tokunbo) are calibrated in miles. That max. speed of 100kmph will be 62mph
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by UltraLeslie1: 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2017
autojosh:
Are you aware we have speed limits in Nigeria?

Implementation may be next to non but the policy does exist as seen in the attached snapshot.

The maximum speed limit in Nigeria is 100km/hr… and there is even a caveat that says “Ignorance of the law is not an excuse”

Tell us if you like these speed limits to be implemented or not..

https://autojosh.com/speed-limits-in-nigeria/

This backward FRSC hasn't updated their mediocrity. 100 km/hr since 1960 when cars still use manual carburetor and SOHC.

They only know how to update their revenue. Mindless thieves.

Eagerly waiting for them to stop me in the highway when I gun 140/160 km/hr

3 Likes

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by upuphim(m): 3:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
It is only this Government can enforce. What of bad roads that causes 90% of accidents in Nigeria?
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by gbosunz: 3:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
dangote truck no send speed limit oh
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
I can't remember the last time I crossed 100kmph.
This one no concern me...I use my hand give me self limit. Old age done dey come.

3 Likes

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by VISTIN(m): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
I've driven 210/260 with BMW.

Road Safety Corp, oya come and catch me, I dey my office
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
kingreign:
That list Kole werk undecided
Today alone I've done a160km/h dash from AYA to kubwa cool

In other news. I thank God for my oga Gazzuzz who made FTC grin may his network continually connect like 4G LTE cool

Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Sijo01(f): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
This is not achievable! You want a commercial bus traveling from like PH to Abuja to ride on 90km/h?

1 Like

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by micbreezy7(m): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
ehissi:

Na Nairaland na E you talk. Try entering a Bus from Benin to Lagos that has speed limiter set at 90 km and leave Benin for lagos at 2 PM.

Na so arm robbers go dey rob you, hand you over to the next set.

I enter Edegbe bus from Benin to Lagos, moto leave garage a few minutes after 12noon, we got to berger 6 PM........... angry

No traffic, nothing for road. Once driver starts getting close to 90km/HR. The limiter will start to beep, the moment the vehicles goes above 90km for more than 10 second, the vehicle will automatically drop down 60 km. .......... undecided

I just dey imagine, if I do mistake enter that kind mo say I dey Jos from Lagos.......... undecided

I go just leave Lagos 17 March 2017 arrive jos 18 March 2019, hear say them don declare results for presidential elections....... shocked

That is assuming arm robbers no beat shege commot for my body before I reach there............. undecided

Nonsense and ingredients policy of a selfie taking government that believe that recession is just a word.......... angry
Hehehehehehehe i hate slow vehicle...speed limiter is not for me
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by chronique(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
tohpahz:
And someone I know does 160 nd above on 3rd mainland bridge.

I don't think this is possible on third mainland. Even at 100,you'd be forced to slow down cos of vehicles in front of you. I've tried it a couple of times and I couldn't get past 100.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by jtwest(m): 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2017
baba ajani's tortoise bus cannot even reach 34km/hr so he will never be an offender. if he tries to run the bus will divide and the driver's section will speed off.

2 Likes

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Sijo01(f): 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
newfound2012:
I can't imagine driving 100kmph on a long journey.
Road safety wan kill transport business for Nigeria. Imagine driving 100 from Kano to Lagos cry

Exactly! I was eating where some commercial drivers were doing same in Lokoja the other day. some who already had the speed limiter installed in their vehicle were complaining of tiredness already; just for driving from Abuja to Lokoja and Benin to Lokoja.

To think theirs was even calibrated on 100km/h.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by planetuchendu: 4:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
autojosh:
Are you aware we have speed limits in Nigeria?

Implementation may be next to non but the policy does exist as seen in the attached snapshot.

The maximum speed limit in Nigeria is 100km/hr… and there is even a caveat that says “Ignorance of the law is not an excuse”

Tell us if you like these speed limits to be implemented or not..

https://autojosh.com/speed-limits-in-nigeria/

Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
Tell those mofos in governments conveys abeg.
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by sherif4owo(m): 4:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
NextGovernor:
We have already been practicing this erroneously since I was born. Which road will you run above 100km/hr in Nigeria? grin

In streets you can't even run more than 20km/hr
In town you can't run more than 40km/hr
in highway you can't run more than 60km/hr
Expressway you can't run more than 80km/hr all becos of potholes, fallen trailers and Police check points.

Before this nonsense people talk about spend limit they should hammer on good roads first because 80% of accidents in Nigeria are caused by bad roads not over speed.

You obviously do not reside in Lagos... The traffic limit is very important here, and I will beg them to enforce it
Re: Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC by babaireti(m): 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
Good One

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UAE Orders Arrest Of Man Over 'Arrogant Display Of Wealth' In Viral IG Video / Innoson Launches Cars For Low And Middle Class Nigerians / Why Do We Call These Buses “luxurious Buses”? (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.