Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) (48938 Views)

Sierra Leone Government Patronises Innoson Vehicles In Anambra State (Pictures) / The 7 Most Expensive Cars In The World (Photos) / Brabus 900 Unveiled As The Most Powerful V12 Off-roader In The World (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by AutoJoshNG: 10:12am On Mar 11, 2017
Caterpillar 797
You think your Toyota Tundra truck is all that big? Wait till you see the Caterpillar 797. It is 12 times bigger – 50 feet long, 24 feet tall (51 feet raised), and 31 feet wide. It is used in the mining industry with cargo capacity is roughly 400 tons.

NASA’s Space Shuttle Crawler Transporters
They are equipped with two 2,750 hp V16 diesel engines, but have speeds of only 2 miles per hour. They are 131 feet long, 114 feet wide, and over 20 feet tall.

LeTourneau’s TC-497 Overland Train
It was commissioned by the US Government during the 1950s as a backup for conventional trains in case the Russians invaded and started taking out the railways. The train was over 30 feet tall and 570 feet long.

SPMT (Self-Propelled Modular Transporter)
A single isn’t that impressive, but they can be clamped together infinitely, reaching unimaginable lengths and being able to carry some heavy loads, such as a 14,350-ton oil platform.

Herrenknecht EPB Shield S-300
It is the largest tunnel-drilling machine ever built. It is 374 feet long with a shield diameter of 50 feet.

Schwerer Gustav
It was technically just a big cannon built by Nazi Germany during World War II. It was so big that it had to be mounted on a 1.5km-long train, creating what is essentially a siege train. Not counting the length of the train, the cannon was 24 feet wide, 38 feet tall, 155 feet long and fired 7-ton shells.

Big Muskie
It was a coal-mining excavator built for the Central Ohio Coal company in 1969, which was in operation until 1991. This monstrosity was 151 feet wide, 222 feet tall, 487 feet long and weighed 13,500 tons.

Five F60 conveyor bridges
Used for moving waste like dirt and rock from coal mines. They are 262 feet tall, 787 feet wide, 1,647 feet long, weigh 13,600 metric tons and can be moved on their own, so they can technically be considered a vehicle.

Bagger 293
It is a giant coal-mining excavator built by German industrial company TAKRAF. At 315 feet tall, 738 feet long and weighing 31.3 million pounds, it holds the Guinness Record for the largest vehicle in the world.
It is able to move up to 8.5 million cubic feet of earth per day and requires a crew of 5 to operate, which isn’t really that much for a contraption as gargantuan as this.

https://autojosh.com/largest-land-vehicle/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by diportivo: 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
One looks like MTN mast, another looks like ... a rocket, one even resemble 'second' Niger bridge.

By the way, is Toyota Tundra actually big, like big?
I drove a truck once_ the 'shift stick' was too big and long for my small hands. Like, I had difficulties handling it...made me wonder what women with very endowed partners go through
I hope these ones na buttons dey control am sha.
So,who will buy for me? angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by lonelydora: 10:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
Oyibo na witch, I swear

4 Likes

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by cupidhero(m): 11:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
PaperLace:
One looks like MTN mast, another looks like ... a rocket, one even resemble 'second' Niger bridge.

Abia State government no fit buy am talkless of a nairalander. You be better car junkie. You are always found on threads like this. What thrills you most about these cars..is it the aesthetics or the science behind the engines that make acceleration possible?
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 12, 2017
AutoJoshNG:

LeTourneau’s TC-497 Overland Train
It was commissioned by the US Government during the 1950s as a backup for conventional trains in case the Russians invaded and started taking out the railways. The train was over 30 feet tall and 570 feet long.

Amerika has always suffered from paranoia over a “non-existent” Russian invasion which is largely due to fear of consequence & damaging repercussion arising from her years of atrocities & crimes - from subversion of undesirable foreign governments to state-sponsored terrorism & attempted/successful assassination of foreign leaders, as can be seen from these links below:

www.globalresearch.ca/a-timeline-of-cia-atrocities/5348804

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/US/Foreign_Assassinations_since_1945

But Russia does not necessarily have to invade Amerika to take out the rail lines or the electric grids; the financial system; the interstate highway system; ocean freight; the airlines; and the oil & gas pipelines.

Under a thousand “Russian tactical nuclear balls of flame” would easily get it done. grin cheesy grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by nurey(m): 7:08am On Mar 12, 2017
Zoharariel:

Amerika has always suffered from paranoia over a “non-existent” Russian invasion which is largely due to fear of consequence & damaging repercussion arising from her years of atrocities & crimes - from subversion of undesirable foreign governments to state-sponsored terrorism & attempted/successful assassination of foreign leaders, as can be seen from these links below:

www.globalresearch.ca/a-timeline-of-cia-atrocities/5348804

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/US/Foreign_Assassinations_since_1945

But Russia does not necessarily have to invade Amerika to take out the rail lines or the electric grids; the financial system; the interstate highway system; ocean freight; the airlines; and the oil & gas pipelines.

Under a thousand “Russian tactical nuclear balls of flame” would easily get it done. grin cheesy grin

Continue threatening God's own country grin, we have the coordinates of your location, we will send something to you soon grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by holluwai(m): 7:12am On Mar 12, 2017
I need one these cars. Lol

Meanwhile how do you call this monsters vehicles?
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by 1Rebel: 7:12am On Mar 12, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by Samirana360(m): 7:12am On Mar 12, 2017
what ar they used for?
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by emmabest2000(m): 7:13am On Mar 12, 2017
Names of Cars and their meaning ....

FIAT : Failure in Intalian automotive technology !

FORD : For only rough drivers !

HYUNDAI : Hope you understand nothing's drivable and inexpensive !

VOLVO : Very old looking vehicular object !

PORSCHE : Proof of rich spoiled children having everything !

OPEL : Old people enjoy life !

TOYOTA : The one you only trust always !

HONDA : Happy owners now driving away !

BMW : Big money waste !

AUDI : An unwanted debt invitation !

MERCEDES : Maximum enthusiasm , recurring cost , ego developed , expensive style !

PROTON : Potential risk of tingkap otomatik non-functionals !

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by MARKone(m): 7:13am On Mar 12, 2017
Dino should comman buy one
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by Ezedon(m): 7:13am On Mar 12, 2017
What are they using it for
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by garriguy: 7:15am On Mar 12, 2017
shocked

1 Like

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by 1Rebel: 7:16am On Mar 12, 2017
Samirana360:
what ar they used for?

for cooking

7 Likes

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by ajbabs(m): 7:17am On Mar 12, 2017
Whoa
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by jamex93(m): 7:18am On Mar 12, 2017
oboi...

What am I see
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 12, 2017
all i see are transformers
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by Ihateafonja: 7:19am On Mar 12, 2017
see the largest Air-Land Vehicle in Africa grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by ajarossi(m): 7:20am On Mar 12, 2017
If u apply any of these on Rocha's china road na complete destruction
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by kabuphils: 7:22am On Mar 12, 2017
CHEAPER THAN MOST PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by cana882(m): 7:23am On Mar 12, 2017
Nice
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by RealHaute: 7:23am On Mar 12, 2017
Cool.
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by horlarlorwor(m): 7:23am On Mar 12, 2017
grin grin how I wish I can develop such in this recession period.
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by YesNo(m): 7:25am On Mar 12, 2017
have u seen the TRANSFORMERS movie series ?

if any of these vehicles can transform, then we'll be in real trouble
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 12, 2017
Explorer,and the two Auto I believe unah govt
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by heavenhug: 7:27am On Mar 12, 2017
seriously cheesy
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by dacovajnr: 7:37am On Mar 12, 2017
Na that number 2 Crushed my Car angry angry

For Asphalt 8
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by jworos(m): 7:45am On Mar 12, 2017
Wow, I'm wowed
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by dacovajnr: 7:47am On Mar 12, 2017
PaperLace:

NA everything dey wan dey buy for you! You'll just end up building muscles full everywhere undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? / Plymouth Prowler Spotted At The Palms, Lekki (Pictured) / I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.