Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? (19085 Views)

My New Tyre Is Always Deflating When Parked Overnight / Best Cost Of Clearing These 2016 Cars: Corolla And Altima / Which Is The Best Tyre Presently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Flashaldrin(m): 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hi nairalanders!

I bought a fairly Nigerian used Toyota Camry 2006 model early last year, and they came with recently changed tires according to the owner, all of the tyres are model contiroveter evolution with manufacture date of 22/14. They all look OK.

However on my way to my PPA in Benue last month, two of the tires had issues, one ripped completely on my way, while the other irreparably wore down at the centre when I got there.

Now I'm planning on changing all tires. Please I will appreciate any advice on the best cost effective tires for replacement and their current relative prices.

Thanks.
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by ocheezie: 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
Double King. 15k

5 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by id4sho(m): 5:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
Double king or maxxis. I guess ur rim is r16

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by mejai(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
Chai. OP, those tyres were tokunbo tyres. Dats how dey behave. dey will still be looking good but dey r already dead.
Go with d 2 mentioned above. maxis is still beta Dan double king. for me oo

12 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by divinelove(m): 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
Go for double King d best China tyre in town grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Flashaldrin(m): 12:05am On Mar 18, 2017
id4sho:
Double king or maxxis. I guess ur rim is r16
yes it is.
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Flashaldrin(m): 12:08am On Mar 18, 2017
divinelove:
but I heard China tyres ain't any good. the current ones I'm using are China tyres sef undecided undecided
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Flashaldrin(m): 12:09am On Mar 18, 2017
mejai:
Chai. OP, those tyres were tokunbo tyres. Dats how dey behave. dey will still be looking good but dey r already dead.
cry cry
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Piyke: 1:27am On Mar 18, 2017
If going for Maxxis, watch out for the 2 variants; Taiwan and Thailand.
I have always gone with the Thai version and had good outcomes. All the people I know with bad reviews of Maxxis used the Taiwan version.

7 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by kingreign(m): 6:28am On Mar 18, 2017
divinelove:
aelous, boto. Have you tried them before condemning all Chinese tyres?

5 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by kingreign(m): 6:30am On Mar 18, 2017
Flashaldrin:
Hi nairalanders!

I bought a fairly Nigerian used Toyota Camry 2006 model early last year, and they came with recently changed tires according to the owner, all of the tyres are model contiroveter evolution with manufacture date of 22/14. They all look OK.

However on my way to my PPA in Benue last month, two of the tires had issues, one ripped completely on my way, while the other irreparably wore down at the centre when I got there.

Now I'm planning on changing all tires. Please I will appreciate any advice on the best cost effective tires for replacement and their current relative prices.

Thanks.

I can say your vulcanizer did a terrible job. He most prolly mounted the tyres wrongly or over inflated the tyres.

QED

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by divinelove(m): 7:11am On Mar 18, 2017
kingreign:
aelous, boto. Have you tried them before condemning all Chinese tyres?

Do u kw d meaning of the word condemn?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by divinelove(m): 7:13am On Mar 18, 2017
Flashaldrin:

but I heard China tyres ain't any good. the current ones I'm using are China tyres sef undecided undecided

Use double King and u will come back here and testify
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by marltech: 7:15am On Mar 18, 2017
sad
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Nutase: 7:17am On Mar 18, 2017
3 crowns
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by udemedia3(m): 7:18am On Mar 18, 2017
am coming...
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by legendsilver(m): 7:20am On Mar 18, 2017
Please buy brand new ones for the sake of safety bro, tokunbo tyres are death trap. God save us from dubious importers
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Homguy(m): 7:21am On Mar 18, 2017
Double king always
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by mannycrown: 7:21am On Mar 18, 2017
Infinity
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Exponental(m): 7:22am On Mar 18, 2017
I have not used double king and I will not cos of bad testimonies I had about it. It's either you go for quality and put aside 'cost effectiveness' or you choose the later n bite your fingers later. Michelin or GT radial I recommend.
Also try buy from authorised dealer.

9 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by kingreign(m): 7:23am On Mar 18, 2017
mejai:

You're right. Maxxis is better than double king, the king of bends and bubbles.
I always recommend European or american tyres but in absence of these, Maxxis, Aelous or Boto are good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by dohyn(m): 7:24am On Mar 18, 2017
Best thing is to buy brand new tires...it's expensive but it's better..I bought infinity tires all 4 brand new in Sept 2015. No issues since then except for the occasional nail.
If you can afford it,buy brand new.

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by mailingdgreat: 7:25am On Mar 18, 2017
Duro please
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by adanny01(m): 7:26am On Mar 18, 2017
kingreign:

I can say your vulcanizer did a terrible job. He most prolly mounted the tyres wrongly or over inflated the tyres.

QED

Wearing out at the center means over inflation.

Meanwhile, i hate double king. Its ending isnt good at all. I think good tires are Maxxis, Boto, Starfire and aeolus.

Triple A is good but wears very fast. The last one i used completely finished within a year. I love the smoothness of it, less money spent on wheel balancing and supports smooth ride a very high speeds.

Double king wears out a the edges and leaves thread at the center making you feel like your tire is completely worn while its starts jumping at old age. Besides Double king is the cheapest tire available for around 14k/15rim

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by emi14: 7:28am On Mar 18, 2017
Visit tyre clinics or honest dealers for better advice. These imaginations here will not help you.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by alsudaes1(m): 7:31am On Mar 18, 2017
Piyke:
If going for Maxxis, watch out for the 2 variants; Taiwan and Thailand.
I have always gone with the Thai version and had good outcomes. All the people I know with bad reviews of Maxxis used the Taiwan version.

How does one know which is from Thailand? Is it written on it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by mfm04622: 7:35am On Mar 18, 2017
Exponental:
I have not used double king and I will not cos of bad testimonies I had about it. It's either you go for quality and put aside 'cost effectiveness' or you choose the later n bite your fingers later. Michelin or GT radial I recommend.
Also try buy from authorised dealer.

Your last sentence is the most important. It is not about buying good brands. You must be sure your tires are imported in the right way

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by FLAKARIBE(m): 7:41am On Mar 18, 2017
Still using my 4set of Wanli China tyres bought at obafemi awolowo way, ikj. Dec, 2017 will make it 4 years and bro, no issues. Car travels wella.
Before you buy, pls check year of manufacture eg 4217. Meaning wk 42 in year 2017.
Life span 4 years from manufacturers date
Max, psi 35 for me, as was educated. (A journey of an hour increase your psi by 1. Five hour trip 5psi, tyre max psi 44/45. So 35+5=40psi thus max not reached. Reason for a lot of blown tyres especially commercial buses and imagine if toks tyre not new.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 18, 2017
[quote author
=Nutase post=54698234] 3 crowns[/quote]
undecided
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by yashika(m): 7:56am On Mar 18, 2017
Nobody is advising him correctly. My brother buy Michelin or bridgestone or continental or goodyear. Yokohama is the also very good. Please buy a tire you are very sure off. Buy tire that will last for more than 5-6years. Those other tire will die in less than 3 years. Be guided!!

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by FunkyMetahuman: 8:08am On Mar 18, 2017
Yokohama grin
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by gbegudujo: 8:13am On Mar 18, 2017
The tires may be winter tires, look out for the mountain and snow logo and check on the tire if winter is written on it. Note: winter tire can only be useful in a cool and cold region, so in Nigeria when the asphalt on the road heat up, the component of the tire will not be able to withstand the heat coming out of the road hence it ll get torn up. in Nigeria we are almost always in summer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jeep Unveils The 2020 Gladiator Off-roader That Is Part SUV,Part Pickup / Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Fan Belt Adjuster (drive Belt Tensioner) / Police In Oyo To Impound Vehicles With Sirens, Spy And Covered Number Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.