Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,403 members, 7,850,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:17 PM

Why I'll Never Make Negative Jokes About Nigerian Police - Basketmouth - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I'll Never Make Negative Jokes About Nigerian Police - Basketmouth (859 Views)

Toke Makinwa Calls Out Bovi For Making Jokes About Her Fake Ass / Chioma Akpotha Jokes About Omoni Oboli's Photoshopped Hips / Basketmouth Promises Never To Crack Negative Jokes About The Nigerian Police Ag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I'll Never Make Negative Jokes About Nigerian Police - Basketmouth by mrBN: 7:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
A popular Nigerian stand-up comedian, Bright Okpocha, A.K.A Basketmouth, on Friday in Lagos promised never to make negative jokes about the Nigeria Police and their performance.

Basketmouth made the promise while receiving his stolen handset recovered by the police from the Lagos police commissioner, Mr Fatai Owoseni.

He said that he made those negative jokes about the police due to public perception about the performances of the officers and men.

“I want to thank the Nigeria Police for a job well-done. I thought I will never see again the items stolen from my house.

“It is amazing that with two weeks of the robbery attack, the suspects were arrested, my handset recovered.

“I usually make negative jokes about our police, but with this performance, I will never use them for negative jokes. I advise members of the public to always support the police.

“In western nations, it is the public that assist the police for information against criminals,” he noted.

Owoseni, while presenting the handset, said that basketmouth’s visit was symbolic, stressing that his appreciation will boost the moral of the officers and men.

He said that the police was committed to the safety of live and property, urging the public to always say something, whenever they see something .

Some robbery suspects, on Sept. 7, 2016 invaded the home of Basketmouth at Lekki area of Lagos State.

Two of the suspects had since been charged to court over the attack.(NAN)

Source: http://www.abacityblog.com/2017/03/why-ill-never-make-negative-jokes-about-nigerian-police-basketmouth.html

1 Like

Re: Why I'll Never Make Negative Jokes About Nigerian Police - Basketmouth by Basic123: 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pure selfishness.
Re: Why I'll Never Make Negative Jokes About Nigerian Police - Basketmouth by Iamwrath: 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2017
So in basket mouth's mind , one good deed is enough to overturn all the evil they've done?
Re: Why I'll Never Make Negative Jokes About Nigerian Police - Basketmouth by ozoebuka1(m): 8:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
who said that Nigerian police has not been working when it comes to politicians and celebrities, not even FBI can compete with their professionalism, but when a poor man is involved this is the kinda treatment you should expect... gringrin

Re: Why I'll Never Make Negative Jokes About Nigerian Police - Basketmouth by PMPhoenix(m): 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
Basket mehn, the NPF is not for the everyday man bro, not for the everyday man.
Re: Why I'll Never Make Negative Jokes About Nigerian Police - Basketmouth by Buharimustgo: 9:09pm On Mar 17, 2017
Police can work when they want to work,I commend IGP's special squad,its an innovative idea worth celebrating,I give it to the head Abba Kyria and his team for a job well-done,I think all the state formations should set up something like that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Drake Fails To Appear In 'come Closer' Video With Wizkid. Nigerians React / Bbnaiaja: Tboss Says "I Cant Speak Pidgin / Men With Class! Bally, Kemen And Bassey Sway Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.