Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? (2809 Views)

Do I Really Need To Get A New Transmission To Solve This / Help On Golf 3 / How Much To Convert Manual Transmission To Automatic Transmission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by stephenponti(m): 7:46pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hello, please whats the downside of converting automatic transmission to manual. My auto gear neither engaging reverse nor select beyond gear 3. This transmission is just two years, the first one spoilt in same manner. So that's why I am considering converting it to manual pls what's your opinion?

Cc Ikenna351, Autojosh, AutoReportNG, Marpol please help me in this descision.
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by sacramento1212: 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sell the vehicle as it is and get a manual transmission instead. I wouldn't recommend going through the process of the conversion from auto to manual.

1 Like

Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by diportivo: 8:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
When u changed u gear 2 years ago,which oil did u pur inside?
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by stephenponti(m): 1:26am On Mar 18, 2017
diportivo:
When u changed u gear 2 years ago,which oil did u pur inside?

Seahorse dextron 3
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by stephenponti(m): 1:40am On Mar 18, 2017
sacramento1212:
Sell the vehicle as it is and get a manual transmission instead. I wouldn't recommend going through the process of the conversion from auto to manual.

Do you have experience in this, what made you say so?
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by lonelydora: 6:20am On Mar 18, 2017
That conversion will drill more hole in your pocket than you think. Discard that vehicle if you are tired
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by diportivo: 7:43am On Mar 18, 2017
stephenponti:

Seahorse dextron 3

Naija and seahorse.....that atf just took over from abro big time

I'm guessing u didn't drain and replace regularly

It even tried sef...a whole 2years

Buy anoda trans,u cld use Mobil atf instead of seahorse.but then u need to drain and refill constantly cos dat might not be the recommended oil for ur cos I don't know the year.....but,

NOTE: Attention 1992-1997 Vw owners with 4 speed automatic transmissions. Although most Bentley manuals refer to a Dexron AFT, it seems that certain factory fiche vehicle part breakdowns began to indicate changes in fluid recommendation with vehicles manufactured in/around July 1995. The newer recommendation was for Vw automatic transmission fluid meeting the improved Audi Vw specification TL52162 (Audi Vw part number G 052 162 A2).
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by searchng4love: 10:46am On Mar 18, 2017
Op it is very possible. Where's your location? It's done daily
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by egheneezekielsu: 11:06am On Mar 18, 2017
Do you need a website for your business ? or A website of anykind Contact me on whatsapp via 08037205687 or phone call
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by stephenponti(m): 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2017
dumo1:
See senseless question. please while you are at it also convert the golf engine to a tokunbo toyota engine. idiot.
na people like you mechanic dey take chop.

The womb that beared you is an abomination to God. Keep mute if you aren't trained at home on how to be polite while making comment.

4 Likes

Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by searchng4love: 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2017
dumo1:
See senseless question. please while you are at it also convert the golf engine to a tokunbo toyota engine. idiot.
na people like you mechanic dey take chop.
You are very uncouth... Unintelligent....Rude with probably a very crass upbringing.. you should know that transmission swapping is done daily and it's even easier converting from auto transmission to a manual transmission than vice versa... But then you will still choose to be what you are...

5 Likes

Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by stephenponti(m): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
searchng4love:
Op it is very possible. Where's your location? It's done daily
Surulere
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by searchng4love: 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
stephenponti:

Surulere

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4552320-Mk3-Golf-Transmission-swap-Auto-to-manual
Read more about it in here.... Then you can visit where vw parts are sold to get the transmission as well as the person who will fix it... There and then.. your auto transmission may even be swapped out for the manual for free..So you only pay for services
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 18, 2017
searchng4love:

You are very uncouth... Unintelligent....Rude with probably a very crass upbringing.. you should know that transmission swapping is done daily and it's even easier converting from auto transmission to a manual transmission than vice versa... But then you will still choose to be what you are...
My bad. I truly am very sorry.

1 Like

Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 18, 2017
stephenponti:

The womb that beared you is an abomination to God. Keep mute if you aren't trained at home on how to be polite while making comment.
morronic son of a bimbo. Your brain processed only the word its accustomed to. I blame your father whose role of fatherhood stopped at being a sperm donor! If only the useless drunk had pulled out we would have been saved yet another wasted entity.
Motherfucking son of a road side biitch spewing trash! may thunder strike you are your pathetic generation!
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by diportivo: 8:15am On Mar 19, 2017
Ahn Ahn

Ontop person car again

And his money,and his own conversion too angry

Make una calmdown o

1 Like

Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by Kjnwancaro: 9:01am On Mar 19, 2017
dumo1:

morronic son of a bimbo. Your brain processed only the word its accustomed to. I blame your father whose role of fatherhood stopped at being a sperm donor! If only the useless drunk had pulled out we would have been saved yet another wasted entity.
Motherfucking son of a road side biitch spewing trash! may thunder strike you are your pathetic generation!

But, what exactly do you want?

2 Likes

Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by searchng4love: 9:34am On Mar 19, 2017
stephenponti:

Surulere
Most of the time it's preferable you allow the parts sellers give you their mechanic to do the job... They handle it and you don't pay a farthing until the job is done and dusted..Tested satisfactory.... You can supervise if you like
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by autojosh: 11:02am On Mar 21, 2017
searchng4love:

Most of the time it's preferable you allow the parts sellers give you their mechanic to do the job... They handle it and you don't pay a farthing until the job is done and dusted..Tested satisfactory.... You can supervise if you like

Excellent option if you have to do it at all.. although, it is advisable to stay away like sacramento1212 said.

1 Like

Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by SmartchoicesNG: 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
autojosh:

Excellent option if you have to do it at all.. although, it is advisable to stay away like sacramento1212 said.
I have done​ it severally. It's no big deal. A lot of W202 cars are imported as manual transmission and converted at apapa to Auto.... Downgrading back to manual ain't a big deal. Any random Kazeem can do justice..... Not these shakara GPS location kazeems.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by diportivo: 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Make I no talk

lipsrsealed
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by stephenponti(m): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
dumo1:

You can kill yourself, as for the gear its been perfectly converted, you can mix acid with Origin and drink so you can rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by stephenponti(m): 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
autojosh, searchng4love thanks for your advice, have successfuly converted it to manual.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by stephenponti(m): 5:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
searchng4love:

I did exactly this, they took my bad gear, starter and all and gave me everything required for the convertion, and involved a mechanic that fixed it. It set me back about 24k.

1 Like

Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by autojosh: 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
stephenponti:
autojosh, searchng4love thanks for your advice, have successfuly converted it to manual.

Nice.
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by SmartchoicesNG: 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
stephenponti:

I did exactly this, they took my bad gear, starter and all and gave me everything required for the convertion, and involved a mechanic that fixed it. It set me back about 24k.
That's great. Please do tell us how the performance is ... Movement and fuel economy..
Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by SmartchoicesNG: 9:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
stephenponti:

You can kill yourself, as for the gear its been perfectly converted, you can mix acid with Origin and drink so you can rest in peace.

Re: Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
stephenponti:

All the best in your endeavors, Pls do enjoy your ride, m sorry about the insults ok.

(1) (Reply)

This Guy Just Murdered A 2017 Range Rover Evoque Convertible / Siena's ex Wife Speaks / 2004 Ford Focus Throttle Position Sensor(TPS) Malfunction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.