Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal (5430 Views)

Cross Breeding A Caucasian And St Bernard / Journey To Breeding My Rottweilers As Good As I Can.. / Which Breed Is This? (kangal Or Caucasian) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Mhomies: 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
It all began on 12/03/2017 when this mating took place...

Anticipating a good result as suggested by the Handler.

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Collins4u1(m): 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
U sef ehnn Dogs dey bleep you dey snap dem.. If na u, you go like am ni?

1 Like

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by BomboyOnline: 10:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
The puppies should be here now.

I am looking for pure breed Kangals. Let me know if you have those.
Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by DipoAy(m): 1:04am On Mar 18, 2017
I don't see a Kangal in any picture so it's either you are yet to upload it or something else. Lovely dogs tho

6 Likes

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 18, 2017
Fine dogs you have there.
But the white one (which I assume you refer to as kangal) is not a Turkish kangal.

Kangals come with a native black marking on there muzzle and ear but yours is all white.

2 Likes

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Namdeenero(m): 8:33am On Mar 18, 2017
Bubewilson:
But the white one (which I assume you refer to as kangal) is not a Turkish kangal.

Kangals come with a native black marking on there muzzle and ear but yours is all white.
Not all bro
Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Juni4jay(m): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2017
Non of those dogs is a kangal. Do ur research well.

1 Like

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 18, 2017
Namdeenero:
Not all bro
post more pic
Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by DipoAy(m): 10:49am On Mar 18, 2017
Bubewilson:

So it's the white that is referred to as a kangal shocked. That's funny. That dog is looking like a Labrador. Kangals are by far bigger than these dogs.

That is a KANGAL

1 Like

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Seun(m): 11:37am On Mar 18, 2017
DipoAy:
That is a KANGAL
The head shape and body shape actually looks similar to the OP's Kangal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Namdeenero(m): 11:47am On Mar 18, 2017
Bubewilson:
post more pic

1 Like

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Mhomies: 11:51am On Mar 18, 2017
Seun:

Thank you for the vivid look and comparison. He's a pure Kangal and I'm so sure. The difference I see here is that he looks calm when compared to the one the guy referenced.

Just see this and the one posted by Namdeenero above.

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by DipoAy(m): 12:08pm On Mar 18, 2017
Seun:
Nope.they aren't even looking the same.you didn't notice the black on the head. The muzzle and the mouth.then also in terms of size a Kangal is bigger than that dog And also ferocious. Would post more pics

1 Like

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by DipoAy(m): 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
Am back

1 Like

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by DipoAy(m): 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
More

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by DipoAy(m): 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2017
This is a Labrador.compare

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Niseed(m): 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2017
I agree with DipoAY. Ops dog looks more like a Labrador than a kangal. the size was also a giveaway ....maybe it has traces of the kangal in its gene pool but I doubt if its a 100%.

p.s how do you cope with it? I understand kangals need a lot of exercise and activities and don't do well being locked in cages
Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Icecream4U(m): 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2017
All these cross breeding things... I just hope the meat of their babies would taste good. kiss

1 Like

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Namdeenero(m): 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
Op post more pictures of the white dog, he looks like a kangal to me. Sometimes pictures don't do justice to the size of a dog, although the female caucasian there is not a purebreed i don't think a labrador can ever be as big as that white dog in your picture.
Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2017
Mhomies:

Thank you for the vivid look and comparison. He's a pure Kangal and I'm so sure. The difference I see here is that he looks calm when compared to the one the guy referenced.

Just see this and the one posted by Namdeenero above.

He's not a Kangal. He is a Labrador, Kangals don't look like this, also they are fearsome creatures, take note
Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Immorttal: 11:52am On Mar 19, 2017
That dog can never be a kangal , next time call it Great Pyrenees. Case closed.

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Immorttal: 11:57am On Mar 19, 2017
[quote author=Namdeenero post=54705336][/quote]that's a CAO. Central Asian Ovtcharka
Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Namdeenero(m): 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
Immorttal:
that's a CAO. Central Asian Ovtcharka
You're right just checked the picture again

Op your dog might be an Akbash.. They're native to Turkey too so i guess that's the reason the breeder called it a Kangal

Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2017
DipoAy:

So it's the white that is referred to as a kangal shocked. That's funny. That dog is looking like a Labrador. Kangals are by far bigger than these dogs.

That is a KANGAL
I don't get your point. I opined I doubt if it's really a kangal.
Re: The Journey To Breeding A Caucasian/kangal by Immorttal: 7:48pm On Mar 19, 2017
Namdeenero:
You're right just checked the picture again

Op your dog might be an Akbash.. They're native to Turkey too so i guess that's the reason the breeder called it a Kangal
its either this akbash or great pyrenees

(1) (Reply)

Binggo Dog Food In Ikorodu. / Dog Multivitamins Gorrila Max / Chifarms Chicken Parts For Dogs. Selling Fast!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.