Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. (4066 Views)

FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations / Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, / Lagos To Ban Okada, Fashola’s Committee Endorses Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by bigfoot79(m): 6:37am On Dec 20, 2009
Even India survive with far less number of those dangerous necessities, despite her population. Also China too , why should 9ja be diff. The one problem is that once they are banned like that they all head toward a more okada friendly state and cause more babbrtsnsiellily
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by bigfoot79(m): 6:40am On Dec 20, 2009
Even India survive with far less number of those dangerous necessities, despite her population. Also China too , why should 9ja be diff. The one problem is that once they are banned like that they all head toward a more okada friendly state and cause more babbrtsnsiellily. `them go move go lag
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by THEAMAKA1: 6:45am On Dec 20, 2009
maybe china and india has better roads, or more law abiding citizens, who knows?
but china is not immune to this accident craze and neither is india.
was watching this thing on TV some time back about the car accidents in China and India and stuff.
but i think its improving though.
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by Tudor6(f): 9:11am On Dec 20, 2009
Another senseless move by stupiid idiotss who are supposed to look out for the welfare of the masses.

Funny enough when they want to campaign or commit acts of political thuggery they employ these men and their okadas. Now they're in office them rewarding them with a ban.

I feel sorry for the honest ones amongst them just trying to feed their families.
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by Kelvinj(m): 9:53am On Dec 20, 2009
@tudor
& who told u its not for the welfare of the ppl. Akwa ibom are even the last state cos others have done it & non of the okada riders have died. When this was done in imo state, we all tot crime will increase & all what not. But when it was done the keke was introduce which was lot more safer, cheaper & gave the riders more money which even made some civil servents quit & joined the riding because the made @least 6000-8000 bucks per day. So the okada riders there could still make more money with the alternative means & the risk of accident & crime would be reduced.
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by pikin1(m): 12:20pm On Dec 20, 2009
[color=][/color]
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by slap1(m): 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2009
Our roads r not built 4 dem tins. Diz kekes ain't gonna fly, r they?
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by sandee575(f): 1:02pm On Dec 20, 2009
Okada must be systematically eliminated from our transportation system. The initial
difficulties will be there but the determination to condemn what should not be a part
of our socio-economical life will see us through on the long run. Thousands of limbs are
severed during Okada related accidents while hundreds of lives are lost. Exhaust pipe emissions
from these 2 stroke engines are deadly to our health due their characteristic incomplete combustion.
Jobs can be created for the Okada riders. Otherwise they should be encouraged to head back to their
villages and take to farming with adequate encouragement from the government. Rehabilitation is the word.
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by femionasan(m): 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2009
, other states that have not banned okada will benefit from this especially Lagos where the government has no plans of banning them. If only these guys could be controlled. Its so scary especially when you are on Ozumba Mbadiwe these guys ignore the traffic lights without knowng the implications of what they are doing. Anyway what do you expect from some people who beleive if someone dies in such accidents even when they are avoidable, they tell u its the will of God.
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by grandstar(m): 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2009
I just think States are simply copying other States.

Okadas may be unsafe and dangerous but people like them despite the risk.

I am really confused
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by emcaluv(m): 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2009
Please let us leave all these sentiments and face reality. Go to Port Harcourt City and see the face of the City without Okada. Government should provide more Taxis.
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by blackasia: 8:23am On Dec 21, 2009
SOME PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM JUST TALK LIKE THEY ARE GOD, BUT YOU WONT BE
WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEM U LOOK FOR A SOLUTION, ARE ALL NIGERIANS ARMED ROBBERS? OR ALL THE OKADA MEN ,CRIMINALS?
SOME OF THEM HAVE USED THAT TRANSPORT MEANS TO FEED THERE FAMILIES FOR YEARS, IF U THINK LIFE IS EASY TRY AND RIDE OKADA
ALL THIS DEMI GOD IN NL , WILL U SAY THERE IS NO OKADA RIDER IN CIVILISED OR DEVELOPED WORLD?
REMEMBER SOME OF THIS PEOPLE ARE GRADUATES OUR IMBECILLE GOVT CANT CATER FOR, THIS IS WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE TO BE BAD, WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF BEIGN GOOD,WHEN IT WILL BE FORGOTTEN,
WHAT THE GOVT SHOULD VE DONE IS CREAT ANOTHER MEANS FOR THEM, LIKE TRI CYCLE, TAXI ETC , OR REGISTERED THEM OR GIVE THEM DURATION AND LOCATIONS, THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE, IT IS UR PEOPLE WHO MAKE UP UR CITY, NOT THE FANCY HOUSES OR 1,000 NAIRA BURGER
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by Oboma1(m): 9:47am On Dec 21, 2009
blackasia:

SOME PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM JUST TALK LIKE THEY ARE GOD, BUT YOU WONT BE
WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEM U LOOK FOR A SOLUTION, ARE ALL NIGERIANS ARMED ROBBERS? OR ALL THE OKADA MEN ,CRIMINALS?
SOME OF THEM HAVE USED THAT TRANSPORT MEANS TO FEED THERE FAMILIES FOR YEARS, IF U THINK LIFE IS EASY TRY AND RIDE OKADA
ALL THIS DEMI GOD IN NL , WILL U SAY THERE IS NO OKADA RIDER IN CIVILISED OR DEVELOPED WORLD?
REMEMBER SOME OF THIS PEOPLE ARE GRADUATES OUR IMBECILLE GOVT CANT CATER FOR, THIS IS WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE TO BE BAD, WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF BEIGN GOOD,WHEN IT WILL BE FORGOTTEN,
WHAT THE GOVT SHOULD VE DONE IS CREAT ANOTHER MEANS FOR THEM, LIKE TRI CYCLE, TAXI ETC , OR REGISTERED THEM OR GIVE THEM DURATION AND LOCATIONS, THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE, IT IS your PEOPLE WHO MAKE UP your CITY, NOT THE FANCY HOUSES OR 1,000 NAIRA BURGER

I know that so long The earth liveth, some day, this same people will canvass for the ban of Keke NAPEP! (Tricycle). Are they the solution to our numerous problems?
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by vanunu: 10:19am On Dec 21, 2009
In imo state , banks are buying keke for former okada riders.
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by tennis: 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2009
Yes Yes Yes

Ban the mad Okada men, even in Lagos.

Replace their bikes with tricycles/Keke Mawa/keke napep.

Extend the routes of trycycles into estates and other places.

I know alot of you love okada, but it is a question of managed risk. Go check out Igbobi to see what I'm saying. Everyday, you see a young man or young lady that wants to get somewhere quickly but never got there at all, instead he is about to be amputated.

how many of you never get accident/scratch or anything at all before.

Replace them with trycycles, and make sure even those ones drive or ride right.

BAN THE OKADA

Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by Otobroto(f): 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2009
tennis:

Yes Yes Yes

Ban the mad Okada men, even in Lagos.

Replace their bikes with tricycles/Keke Mawa/keke napep.

Extend the routes of trycycles into estates and other places.

I know alot of you love okada, but it is a question of managed risk. Go check out Igbobi to see what I'm saying. Everyday, you see a young man or young lady that wants to get somewhere quickly but never got there at all, instead he is about to be amputated.

how many of you never get accident/scratch or anything at all before.

Replace them with trycycles, and make sure even those ones drive or ride right.

BAN THE OKADA

What is the difference between Okada and Tricycle?.
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by Enjoyment1(f): 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2009
Otobroto:

What is the difference between Okada and Tricycle?.

One breaks legs, while the other causes body harm like bruises. grin grin grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by NIGboi(m): 12:15am On Dec 22, 2009
hope the government has provided alternatives for these folks. banning the bikes without providing an alternative means of survival is very dangerous. its just like blessing people to become criminals. that is the problem with most of these governments. they just act without thinking their actions through. "My neighbouring governor has done this, so i must also do", i guess that's how they usually think.

let's also hope that alternative transport means have been provided.
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by selingel: 7:22pm On Dec 23, 2009
N.I.Gboi:

hope the government has provided alternatives for these folks. banning the bikes without providing an alternative means of survival is very dangerous. its just like blessing people to become criminals. that is the problem with most of these governments. they just act without thinking their actions through. "My neighbouring governor has done this, so i must also do", i guess that's how they usually think.

let's also hope that alternative transport means have been provided.

Anyway, even if they dont provide alternative, GOD will provide.
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by kwekwe: 12:26pm On Dec 24, 2009
In Nigeria, most laws are made by the privileged class against the interest of the less privileged. The flimsy excuses most State Govts. are giving for banning Okada
has been that criminals are using it to commit crime. Indeed this reason can be classified as lack of security solutions to rising crime rates in the country.

Lets be fair, if these state Govts are banning Okada for becoming a security risk as they have mentioned, and not to undermined the interest of the less pr eviledged, they should ban jeeps, let them ban cars as well because criminals are using them to
commit crimes as well. statistics has shown that 97% if not 100% of all the kidnapping cases are commited with cars, mostly jeeps.

In Abia state for instance, the Govt. banned the use of motor- cycles not only for commercial use alone but for private use as well, meaning that people who cannot afford cars and settled for motor-cycles should go to hell. It is very unfortunate that these policies are coming in this 21 century when countries like China are encouraging the use of bicycles and motor- cycles to reduce traffic jams from their roads
congestion. The solution i feel should be, that state Govts should regulate the use of
okada as a means of transportation, construct more roads and as well make the existing ones motorable, if not because of traffic jams ,poor state of most roads, most people will not patronise Okada.

Let the various state Govts. and The Nigerian police and other law enforcement agencies wake-up to the challenges and the rising rate of crimes
mostly created by unemployment. If not, they should ban not only okada, but everything criminals are using, including,

HOTELS, because criminals do take off from there,for their operations.

Let them ban Clothes too, because criminals don't go to operations unclothed.

Let them ban Ice cream, chicken, salad, fruits, Amala, fufu, garri, vegetable soups etc abi criminals no dey eat them?
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by bameyi(m): 5:06am On Jan 08, 2010
i did my youth service in a place call itam juction in akwa ibom, and the history of Okada is that even our first colonia master ride okada why can we preserve our history and make it safe. aradog, aka uke, umbo yari ka ibibio people help me here. grin cheesy
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by Oboma1(m): 9:57am On Jan 08, 2010
bameyi:

i did my youth service in a place call itam juction in akwa ibom, and the history of Okada is that even our first colonia master ride okada why can we preserve our history and make it safe. aradog, aka uke, umbo yari ka ibibio people help me here. grin cheesy

These people deserve to abandon Okada riding. Dem no write their name put for Okada work.
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by seanet01: 6:06am On Dec 20, 2012
Hypocrisy runs in the blood of eastern people.
They ban okada in their homeland but were against it in Lagos.
Awon Were dede!
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by achi4u(m): 6:45am On Dec 20, 2012
^^^^
you,okada and igbos!
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by kettykin: 10:28am On Dec 20, 2012
The ban in the East was to curb Kidnapping in that Region the Bulk ofthe Okara riders were indignenes and they were all compensated for Akwa Ibom indigenes and others by their Government

The East has remained relatively safe since then until presently.

Mean while Lagos does not have Money Kidnappers but Ritual Kidnappers who use one chance Buses , the Majority of Okada riders were Non indigenes coping with the Location of all Amenities in Lagos including Oil and Gas companies hq, the State Government did not create any alternative for people's whose means of Liveli hood was taken forcefully away from them.

Fashola Selectively banned the Okada riders but left the Agberos who are an economice revenue leakage and a parasite to the soicety feeding where they dont add any value. do who is deceiving who ?
Re: Akwa Ibom Set To Ban Okada Riders!. by nku5: 11:03am On Dec 20, 2012
seanet01: Hypocrisy runs in the blood of eastern people.
They ban okada in their homeland but were against it in Lagos.
Awon Were dede!

Sharrap there! Why una give them helmets for campaign. Fashola led a convoy of okada men for miles just to win an election only to turn around. See who is singing hypocrisy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onitsha River Port Abandoned! / Is Ogun State Becoming The Kidnap Capital Of The South West? / Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.