Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview (4205 Views)

FCSC Recruitment: Successful Candidates Shortlisted For Interview Meet Here / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) / FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2017
metrosexual:
My disgust at the reasoning of the OP is due to the fact how he expected to be SURELY shortlisted for interview, like seriously dude do you think you are the only one who graduated with a first class?

What if 200 other first class candidates applied for the same position as you? So you expect yourself to be SURELY shortlisted? Do you know how many first class graduates who are employed some other place and would still apply because of the perks of having a federal government job?

With your parochial reasoning it means if a vacancy is to take only 2:1 candidates and request for only 2:1 candidates, then any 2:1 candidate who applied should feel he should surely be shortlisted?

And for a federal government job, there are other factors which matter other than grades, geo-political zoning as well and other factors matter.

Did you read the post at all? Or you intentionally refused to see this: "But to my surprise only three names appeared from Central Zone, Taraba State, for the position of Foreign Service Officer GL 08 (Foreign Affairs)
So I began my analysis: I graduated with a First Class in B. A. International Studies and Diplomacy while the shortlisted candidates graduated in these disciplines:
1. NCE, B. Sc. Social Studies
2. B. A. French
3. B. Sc. Sociology

I don't know their grades, but let's assume they all had First Class, their disciplines are not as relevant as my own considering Foreign Service Job".

As for the SO SURE, that was wrong as well as not recognising how relevant the guy with B.A. FRENCH is. All things being equal, out of those two guys, I should have a place at the interview table...#Peace

1 Like

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by metrosexual: 10:46am On Mar 19, 2017
davereal:

Did you read the post at all? Or you intentionally refused to see this: "But to my surprise only three names appeared from Central Zone, Taraba State, for the position of Foreign Service Officer GL 08 (Foreign Affairs)
So I began my analysis: I graduated with a First Class in B. A. International Studies and Diplomacy while the shortlisted candidates graduated in these disciplines:
2. B. A. French
3. B. Sc. Sociology

I don't know their grades, but let's assume they all had First Class, their disciplines are not as relevant as my own considering Foreign Service Job".

As for the SO SURE, that was wrong as well as not recognising how relevant the guy with B.A. FRENCH is. All things being equal, out of those two guys, I should have a place at the interview table...#Peace

Dude, first of all, this recruitment isn't over yet, another batch is said to be out soon so why are you crying wolf already? Why not wait till then?

You said this: "I don't know their grades, but let's assume they all had First Class, their disciplines are not as relevant as my own considering Foreign Service Job".
Dude do you know the exact course they were looking out for? Sociology and French are well in line for such a ministry as well so stop making your course "superior".
And do you know how many other first class graduates with your same course who applied who are better than you? Keep all thing in consideration before saying things. At least people have testified here that they were shortlisted and knew no one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 10:54am On Mar 19, 2017
metrosexual:
My disgust at the reasoning of the OP is due to the fact how he expected to be SURELY shortlisted for interview, like seriously dude do you think you are the only one who graduated with a first class?

What if 200 other first class candidates applied for the same position as you? So you expect yourself to be SURELY shortlisted? Do you know how many first class graduates who are employed some other place and would still apply because of the perks of having a federal government job?

With your parochial reasoning it means if a vacancy is to take only 2:1 candidates and request for only 2:1 candidates, then any 2:1 candidate who applied should feel he should surely be shortlisted?

And for a federal government job, there are other factors which matter other than grades, geo-political zoning as well and other factors matter.

I doubt if you understood this part of the post: "But to my surprise only three names appeared from Central Zone, Taraba State, for the position of Foreign Service Officer GL 08 (Foreign Affairs)
2. B. A. French
3. B. Sc. Sociology

I don't know their grades, but let's assume they all had First Class, their disciplines are not as relevant as my own considering Foreign Service Job."

As for the SO SURE, that was wrong as well as not recognising how relevant the guy with B.A. French is. All three candidates are from my zone. Don't you think I deserve a place among them looking at our credentials only, since we are not sure of the criteria.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by davereal(m): 11:01am On Mar 19, 2017
metrosexual:

Dude, first of all, this recruitment isn't over yet, another batch is said to be out soon so why are you crying wolf already? Why not wait till then?

You said this: "I don't know their grades, but let's assume they all had First Class, their disciplines are not as relevant as my own considering Foreign Service Job".
Dude do you know the exact course they were looking out for? Sociology and French are well in line for such a ministry as well so stop making your course "superior".
And do you know how many other first class graduates with your same course who applied who are better than you? Keep all thing in consideration before saying things. At least people have testified here that they were shortlisted and knew no one.

Well, i already mentioned the part of the waiting. It is all about grace at the end of the day...#Peace

1 Like

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by divinelove(m): 11:26am On Mar 19, 2017
chloride6:

I doubt you are really who you say you are, because you seem to have no iota of sense. Why did your s.tupid self evade my question and cling to the federal character so design for persons of your minute intelligence. The federal character you continuously run your mouth about is a spin of the affirmative action practiced in the USA. Why don't you take a trip there and see how it should be done.

You reason like an slowpoke continuously using conditional statements, like " an NCE holder may be better than an M.Sc graduate ". In the absence of any testing with all things being equal, the M.Sc graduate is a better candidate. But your very poor reasoning capabilities coupled with eternal gratitude for the mediocre federal character system that ensures you feed your family won't make you see reason. It hurts to think that you are or will be someone's father. What an impending evil awaits the world.

I didn't think the day would come when a wuss would defend a non merit driven process, but it did, and you are the one that has the honour of being so intellectually deficient.

U r obviously getting annoyed grin grin calm down English comprehension remains ur major problem, it has been well established and documented that better academic qualifications doesn't translate to better performance on the job and dts what gave rise to aptitude tests b4 employment these days.

I dnt want to blow my trumpet but u will lie down to greet me if u see my CV. Coming online to brag is shallow and I won't go dt low. In d mean time keep hunting for job for ur jobless hopeless self n bear in mind dt u r nt better than some other candidate BC u went to a private uni n bought a good grade. With ur poor attitude n oversized ego, I see u spending over a decade in d labour market
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by chloride6: 1:38pm On Mar 19, 2017
divinelove:

U r obviously getting annoyed grin grin calm down English comprehension remains ur major problem, it has been well established and documented that better academic qualifications doesn't translate to better performance on the job and dts what gave rise to aptitude tests b4 employment these days.

I dnt want to blow my trumpet but u will lie down to greet me if u see my CV. Coming online to brag is shallow and I won't go dt low. In d mean time keep hunting for job for ur jobless hopeless self n bear in mind dt u r nt better than some other candidate BC u went to a private uni n bought a good grade. With ur poor attitude n oversized ego, I see u spending over a decade in d labour market

I think you need to keep quiet." It has been documented that better academic performance doesn't translate into better work performance", Nobody is disputing that with you. However, how did they determine who is most suitable candidate, is what you have failed to answer. Answer that question or forever hold your peace. Besides I graduated from the UI, where did you finish from?
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by otunbablacq: 6:18am On Mar 21, 2017
Congratulations!! you graduated with a first class degree. However, what marvel me is that with your class of degree you are seeking a lazy man job, i want to assume you stretched your brain to bag that class of degree so why settle for a less productive job ...i mean go to work, sit and get paid, do some travel, get a salary to manage poverty and life ends at that. Why dont you take up some better solution proffering jobs. It sounds awkward to me that a first class is struggling for ministry job. What year will you break even? Where are your skills? I just believe you can achieve more rather than dis govt job honestly. Struggle to create wealth and live a better life
#myopinion

davereal:
Firstly, graduating with a first class is not a guarantee for job. But it is only fair within the ambient of merit that a first class graduate in a relevant field as regard the opening should be considered for interview (is left for him to prove his worth).
So while scrolling down the list yesterday, I was so sure of seeing my name. But to my surprise only three names appeared from Central Zone, Taraba State, for the position of Foreign Service Officer GL 08 (Foreign Affairs)
2. B. A. French
3. B. Sc. Sociology

I don't know their grades, but let's assume they all had First Class, their disciplines are not as relevant as my own considering Foreign Service Job. But this is Nigeria where merit is always murdered on the alter of connection.
Patiently waiting for the next batch. In the meantime, I'm already running my M.A in the First and the Best University in Nigeria (you know the school na...Lol). The job was just Plan B.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
otunbablacq:
Congratulations!! you graduated with a first class degree. However, what marvel me is that with your class of degree you are seeking a lazy man job, i want to assume you stretched your brain to bag that class of degree so why settle for a less productive job ...i mean go to work, sit and get paid, do some travel, get a salary to manage poverty and life ends at that. Why dont you take up some better solution proffering jobs. It sounds awkward to me that a first class is struggling for ministry job. What year will you break even? Where are your skills? I just believe you can achieve more rather than dis govt job honestly. Struggle to create wealth and live a better life
#myopinion

I know a couple of first class graduates who moved back to Nigeria and have been shortlisted for the ministry of foreign affairs. They aren't concerned about the salary. They own businesses. They are more concerned with the long term career ambition/goals. There are people who started in MFA and have become powerful people in global politics. Different people have different reasons....not everyone in MfA is dealing with poverty.

Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
otunbablacq:
#myopinion

I know a couple of first class graduates who moved back to Nigeria and have been shortlisted for the ministry of foreign affairs. They aren't concerned about the salary. They own businesses. They are more concerned with the long term career ambition/goals. There are people who started in MFA and have become powerful people in global politics. Different people have different reasons....not everyone in MfA is dealing with poverty.
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by Abdulqareem: 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
Abeg na how much dem even pay. Example say Ministry of Education GL 08
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by Aseneshii: 9:31pm On Mar 23, 2017
Bros don't worry , this is national assembly list, merit list would be out soon. Check the last column there is grade attached to everyone name , I don't know if it applicable to only my state and 50% of the names in my state list are third class graduate. When it come to public service job in Nigeria , grade doesn't matter.
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by Ranchhoddas: 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
padi94:
Dude am just laffing at your post because obviously you are stating your argument is from the stand point of IGNORANCE!!

so becos they didnt pick you means that they have cheated. have you sat to think if its possible that what they need are people who communicates in other foreign language. let me ask you, with ur FIRST CLASS in International Studies CAN[s][/s] you speak any other foreign language appart from English wey all of us know? this is the problem we have in this country if e no favour us na OJORO
Oga shut up!
If he has a First Class the least they can do for him is to shortlist him for the interview and allow him to show what he has got!
How do you know that he cannot any foreign language?
How do you know also that the other shortlisted candidates can speak foreign languages?
Re: FCSC: First Class, But Was Not Shortlisted For Interview by Abbey2411(m): 10:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
i am not surprised at what the antagonists posted to counter your points. those who didn't make good results are usually envious of those who did. nigeria is just a spoiled nation and it is obvious. there's always a foul in the play.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience With Uconnect/gr8jobsng WICKEDNESS / AB Inbev Graduate Management Trainee Program 2023 / The NNPC Recruitment Site Is Not Accessible So Far! Any Breakthrough?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.