Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,349 members, 7,860,906 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:33 PM

Did Jesus Suffer In Vain - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Suffer In Vain (257 Views)

Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / What Does It Mean To Take The Lord's Name In Vain? / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Suffer In Vain by Donramires: 11:53am On Mar 18, 2017
All of us were like sheep that were lost, each of us going his own way. But the lords made the punishment fall on home, the punishment all of us deserved.
He was treated harshly, but endured it humbly,
He was said a word…
He was arrested and sentenced and led off to die, and no one cared about his fate.
He was put to death for the sins of our people…
The lord says, “It was my will that he should suffer” his death was a sacrifice to bring forgiveness….
After a life of suffering, he will again have joy; he will know that he did not suffer in vain (isaiah53:6-11).
Did Jesus suffer in vain for you?
If you do not want the suffering of Jesus to be in vain in your life, you must do several things: first, you must believe you are a sinner. “for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God”(Romans 3: 23), recognize the enormity of your sin before God.
Secondly, you must believe you deserve to go to hell, because you are a Sinner. “wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned ” (Roman 5:12).
The third thing, which you must do, is to repent of your sins “as o live, saith the lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live…”(Ezekiel 33:11). But God commended his love towards us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:cool.
Finally, you need to trust Jesus to be your savior. “but as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John1:12), that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Romans 10:9). ”
YOUR BIGGEST DECISION
Jesus has already “paid on full” the price for your eternal life. However, he leaves the final decision entirely up to you. So what will you do with Jesus Christ? Will you receive him, or will you reject him? Will his death and sacrifice for you be in vain? Jesus gives you this promise: he that believeth on the son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him (john 3:36).
If you desire his death to avail for you, pray like this:
“Dear God; I admit that I am a sinner and I need your help. Thank you for sending Jesus to suffer the punishment that I deserve for my sins. Wash away all my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Please, help me everyday to turn from my sins and live a life that pleases you. Thank you for your of eternal life and for hope I now have in you. Amen. ”

Morningstar Christian centre
1 Dumez close, Opp. Mosheshe Estate, Airport road,
Effurn, Delta state, Nigeria. Or call
07083986454, 08066395550
To help you know God more, study the bible with us every Tuesday by 5pm
Re: Did Jesus Suffer In Vain by newnature: 12:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
The MESSAGE of the good news message is in 2 Corinthians 5:18-21. It’s there that Paul explains to us what happened to the sins that were placed upon our Savior, and the wonderful news that God is no longer imputing those sins unto the sinners. The MECHANICS of the good news message is in Romans 3:20-31. How is it that Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection can accomplish justification for a wrath-worthy individual, a declared righteous of that individual. We find that the model that produces a declared righteous is divided into three different sections all working together. Having dispelled all of people’s self-defense pleas, Paul makes this startling statement in verse 20 “Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight.” Verse 21” BUT NOW” has to be the biggest two letter word statement found in all of scripture. Whenever we see the “BUT NOW” in Paul’s epistles, sit up and take special notice because “BUT NOW” let’s us know that a change has taken place. 

The words “BUT NOW” moves us from one situation to a different situation. In other words, at one point in time something was true. “BUT NOW” something else is true which leads us to ask the question, what is it that Paul wants us to know, is different now from what used to to be. Paul is simply saying that God’s righteousness is now being manifested apart from the principle of rule-keeping. What Jesus did for us doesn't make you measure up to God’s rightness. You have to be declared righteous and that comes by grace through the blood of Jesus and through Jesus’ faithfulness, and you are going to find out your faith has to be in those three components.

(1) (Reply)

Run / What Is Moralism? / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.