Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

An Excerpt: The Sword Of Solomon By F.w. Boreham - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Excerpt: The Sword Of Solomon By F.w. Boreham (11795 Views)

Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Excerpt: The Sword Of Solomon By F.w. Boreham by Mavenb0x(m): 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2009
A friend's friend shared this on Facebook, and I thought some of us may like it. When you think about it, it has an even deeper and interesting perspective on matters of faith.

Yeah word up People, i kinda stumbled on this through Ravi Zacharias & felt it was an awesome piece & needed to be heard. Um soak it up and be challenged in your thought & life. plus if it touches you as it has me spread the word. One.
- N.O.

There is a sense in which two and two are four,

The plane of ledgers and cashbooks – on which these propositions are approximately sound,

But if you rise from that plane to a loftier one,

You will find at once that they are untenable …

it is obviously untrue that half-a-baby and half-a-baby make a baby,

Let the sword do its deadly work…

The two halves of a baby make no baby at all,

"On this higher plane of human sentiment and experience, the laws of mathematics collapse completely"

------------------------------------

When a man distributes his wealth among his children, he gives to each a part

But when a woman distributes her love among her children, she gives it all to each …

No man who has once fallen in love will ever be persuaded that one and one are only two,

He looks at her, and feels that one plus one would be a million …

No happy couple into the sweet shelter of whose home a little child has come will ever be convinced that two and one are only three,

Life has been enriched a thousandfold by the addition of that one little life to theirs,

And I am certain that no pair from whose clinging and protecting arms their treasure has been snatched will find comfort in the assurance that one from three leaves two. . .

"In the great crises of life one’s faith in figures breaks down hopelessly."

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Donate Relief Items To Flood Victims / Satanic Food & Self-deliverance ( Spiritual Teaching For Today / 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.