Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia (1097 Views)

I’m Happy Boko Haram Is Uniting Nigerians – Col. Aminu / Day Of Tributes For Colonel Joseph Achuzia Begins In Asaba (Photos) / Igbo Warlord, Achuzia Reveals Origin Of 'Biafra'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by Kemperor: 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
Col. Joe Achuzia who is a Biafra warlord has said that Biafra is a name for people in the south east part of the country and insists they are still Nigerians.

In an interview with The Sun, Achuzia spoke about the agitation for the Biafra and the continued incarceration of Nnamdi Kanu.

He said: "The word Biafra is a name, everybody has the right to a name. The people who are asking for Biafra preferred to be called Biafrans rather than being called easterners, Igbos, Efiks, Ibibios, Urhobos because they come from the same ethnic groupings within one location of Nigeria known as South-Eastern Nigeria. And they are Nigerians.

On what the Igbos should do to be politically, he said: “What they have to do is what every other Nigerian is doing – join the right kind of political party or help to promote your own political party that you know that the support will be sufficient to place you there. You don’t get it by being verbose or writing so much English in a newspaper, no! Mobilize your people, mobilize others because to get to the apex position in Nigeria, it is not one ethnic group or one tribe.”

Concerning President Muhammadu Buhari’s health, the Biafra warlord said the president was entitled to his privacy.

“I don’t agree with people who are talking about his health status, it is he himself that is in a position to know how healthy he is or if he is not healthy enough. It is not proper for people to be caricaturing people over their health, it is only God who is the keeper of health, He gives good health, He knows those who have bad health. It is only Buhari who has to decide whether he is healthy enough or not. But as far as I am concerned, he has the right to aspire towards contesting the next election, it is his right as a Nigerian citizen.”

https://www.naij.com/1094474-biafra-warlord-urges-igbos-politically-active.html

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by mymadam(m): 8:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
shocked For peeps who do not know Col. Joe Achuzia. Please re-visit history books (albeit Nigerian), or better still, ask your grand parents. Those were the days

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by naijafella(m): 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2017
Papa, tell them wetin your eye see for 1967-1970.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by okosodo: 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2017
He has become senile

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2017
Who should know and talk about Biafra better than Hannibal himself; the Biafran war hero. Kenny Roggers sang, 'The secret to survival is knowing what to through away and what to keep; you got to know when to hold on, know when to fold up, know when to walk away, know when to run'
Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by farouk0403(m): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
Abeg tell those small kids

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2017
I stand with Joe Achuzia on this one

It's time for Biafra to mean a rallying cry to gather igbos around other common purpose like economic progress, devolution, free education, universal welfare

It should not be about cessation all the time

It should not also be about which tribe the President of Nigeria comes from

There are a lot of progress Igbos can make politically as a people and within the south east
Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by pazienza(m): 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
And where in that article did Achuzia condemn the current agitation for Biafra or insisted that Ndiigbo should stop our demand for self determination.

To me, Pa Achuzia was simply saying what he thinks Ndiigbo should be doing, until we get Biafra, we must navigate our ways through the murky waters of bitter Nigerian politics.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by omenkaLives(m): 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2017
Earlier today they were licking the old man's balls, now they've taken to their burrows like scared little rats that just saw a falcon overhead. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by AskProf: 10:58pm On Mar 18, 2017
okosodo:
He has become senile

Really?
Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by DocHMD: 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2017
naijafella:
Papa, tell them wetin your eye see for 1967-1970.

He saw murtala running with his tail between his leg to lagos after dealing with him seriously at Abagana.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by PFRB: 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2017
krendo:
I stand with Joe Achuzia on this one

It's time for Biafra to mean a rallying cry to gather igbos around other common purpose like economic progress, devolution, free education, universal welfare

It should not be about cessation all the time

It should not also be about which tribe the President of Nigeria comes from

There are a lot of progress Igbos can make politically as a people and within the south east

What is wrong with secession? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by KINGOFTHEEAST: 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2017
why is the sudden love by afonja for this man ,on the other thread they called him names afonja two faced slippery creatures if only I have the keys to life I will switch all of them off

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by naijafella(m): 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2017
DocHMD:

He saw murtala running with his tail between his leg to lagos after dealing with him seriously at Abagana.

Yet he and his cohorts surrendered?... What an irony.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by mightyhazel: 11:43pm On Mar 18, 2017
Joe 'hannibal' 'air raid' achuzie

But pa,wot happened 2 okpu ozo or okpu obara ejii mara ndi be anyi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
PFRB:

What is wrong with secession? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Not sure if you are asking a genuine question or trying to correct my spelling

But there is nothing wrong with secession if all other options for peace have been explored

Igbos and non-Igbos must sue for peace and at least meet halfway

For me the debate is too binary, it should not be an option between breaking the country outrightly or just doing nothing

My message is for both sides. Let's try devolution or true federalism first

But in the meantime let IPOb organise themselves into a political party and sponsor people for Governorship, senate, house of Rep, state assembly, councilorship, LGA chairmen; show us how you will govern if you succeed to break Nigeria

See SNP in Scotland, at least the Scottish people know how SNP will govern if there is independence.

With ipob no one knows what to expect. You can't just break the country, form a new nation and then hope for the best!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by mightyhazel: 11:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
pazienza:
And where in that article did Achuzia condemn the current agitation for Biafra or insisted that Ndiigbo should stop our demand for self determination.

To me, Pa Achuzia was simply saying what he thinks Ndiigbo should be doing, until we get Biafra, we must navigate our ways through the murky waters of bitter Nigerian politics.
datz all!

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by tooth4tooth: 12:05am On Mar 19, 2017
KINGOFTHEEAST:
why is the sudden love by afonja for this man ,on the other thread they called him names afonja two faced slippery creatures if only I have the keys to life I will switch all of them off
See what frustration has reduced you to...

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by ESDKING: 12:07am On Mar 19, 2017
This is one man's opinion.
Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by tooth4tooth: 12:08am On Mar 19, 2017
wink
Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by PFRB: 7:22am On Mar 19, 2017
krendo:

Not sure if you are asking a genuine question or trying to correct my spelling

But there is nothing wrong with secession if all other options for peace have been explored

Igbos and non-Igbos must sue for peace and at least meet halfway

For me the debate is too binary, it should not be an option between breaking the country outrightly or just doing nothing

My message is for both sides. Let's try devolution or true federalism first

But in the meantime let IPOb organise themselves into a political party and sponsor people for Governorship, senate, house of Rep, state assembly, councilorship, LGA chairmen; show us how you will govern if you succeed to break Nigeria

See SNP in Scotland, at least the Scottish people know how SNP will govern if there is independence.

With ipob no one knows what to expect. You can't just break the country, form a new nation and then hope for the best!

Thank you for acknowledging that there is nothing wrong with secession. The other things you have said are matters of choice. While the SNP chose to be a political party in Scotland, the Sudanese Liberation movement of John Garange did not become a political party but they achieved independence for South Sudan. There are many more examples. So my brother, it is a matter of choice.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 19, 2017
PFRB:

Thank you for acknowledging that there is nothing wrong with secession. The other things you have said are matters of choice. While the SNP chose to be a political party in Scotland, the Sudanese Liberation movement of John Garange did not become a political party but they achieved independence for South Sudan. There are many more examples. So my brother, it is a matter of choice.

...and where is South Sudan today since they achieved independence? Please tell us more.
Re: Biafra Is Just A Name; They Are Nigerians - Col. Achuzia by SuperS1Panther: 7:43am On Mar 19, 2017
Your cannibal bandit lord just spoilt your day ----

You are Nigerians based on the agreement Effiong and the like of Cannibal signed when you were conquered and after the main bandit leader ran away in miniskirt.

You are on a long thingggggggggggg

Cannibal please tell them again in Igbo.

Great movement transform their movements into a political party, contest and gain political position and use their political positions to advance their cause. That is how civilised people behave and not calling people names, preaching hate, calling for killing of other ethnicities and soliciting for funds to procure arms to wage war against a Sovereign state.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Diezani Alison-madueke Spotted Strolling Freely On The Street Of London / Former Niger State Governor's Son Calls Out APC Government / President Buhari Calls For UN Protection Of The Ethnic Rohingya In Myanmar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.