Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. (53943 Views)

Oduduwa Republic: Adeyinka Grandson Replies Osinbjo Using Lagos / Oduduwa Republic: Adeyinka Grandson Said He Will Destroy FG, See Reactions / Yorubas React To YOLICOM Call For ODUDUWA Republic (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by ozoebuka1(m): 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
hollyray2016:

My brother 1million dollars for you! don't mind illiterate igbos!
wey the one million dollars? make I send my account number? ...Lol, thanks.
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by hollyray2016: 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Can you remove igbo man from any disclosure in Nigeria? No.

just 5% ?

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
legislatively:
I'm also a nigerdeltan and you can't force me to join the country, I'm just being realistic here as nigerdelta Republic is the most impossible country that will exist in Africa.

Face the truth.

The truth is either we get it or remain in Nigeria. Is as simple as that. And when I say Niger Delta I am referring to the SS.
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Exciton(m): 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
BankeSmalls:

But when they have a choice not to integrate? Don't you think people should be allowed to choose who they integrate with? Socio economic considerations can never be enough reason to suppress people's right to choice.

Imagine we had a functioning country that's always building new infrastructure, creating new stuff, projects here and there, good security etc. People will migrate around the country to seek new jobs or challenges. People of different tribes will work together on projects to achieve a common goal. Some will fall in love with each other, marry and have kids. Some will decide to settle down in the area that they work etc etc. This is how integration happens.

Same is currently happening but on a very slow scale due to poor development, insecurity and poor education.

Nothing is forceful here. The only reason cultural and religious identity is a big issue in this country is because of the problems stated.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by mario383: 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2017
Guestlander:

Ilaje and Ijebu are not Yorubas right? How come Awolowo, an Ijebu man founded the Egbe Omo Oduduwa?
Go and fight the hausas and Buhari. Why not face Buhari who is making you uncomfortable. We hated the Izons and voted for Buhari. We have not seen anything yet.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by ElsonMorali: 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2017
chomaloo:
I have never seen hypocrites like the Yorubas.even in a foreign land they sell a compatriot for nothing.fuming most educated and peaceful people with their hose legs.Afonjas are the problem nigeria have.hypocrites and back stabbers.

Your opinion.

Doesn't count.

Shove it up where the sun don't shine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by legislatively: 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
Ekinematics:

The truth is either we get it or remain in Nigeria. Is as simple as that.
well that's your opinion, it doesn't reflect that of the entire nigerdelta. Nigerdelta is a very culturally segregated region and most of us don't have mutual opinion on issues.
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Luvdk(f): 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
Oleeeeeeeeeeeee grin
Oleeeeeeeeeeeeegrin
Oleeeeeeeeeeeeegrin
Awo leeeeeeeeeegrin
Chaiii there's God oh
Afonjanians there's God oh grin
Just because of oil

5 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2017
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by UltraLeslie1: 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2017
bantudra:
the same message goes to ipob biafrans too...

una think the delta is divided and can be played anyhow...we deltans have leaders and elders too...
Who are "we deltans" ?

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
legislatively:
well that's your opinion, it doesn't reflect that of the entire nigerdelta. Nigerdelta is a very culturally segregated region and most of us don't have mutual opinion on issues.

So what is your opinion?
Please don't mention those states you called, because they ain't in my definition of Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by ozoebuka1(m): 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
asuustrike2009:
If different group claim to break away,who will remain in Nigeria? Does the Niger deltans think urhobo,itsekiri would buy that idea of joining them whereas they quarrel on per billing? Why is Port Harcourt more developed than Warri if not for crisis?. The oduduwa group clamouring for break up ,where do you think you're going? Wouldn't it be funny when you all are stepping up borders? Biafra nkor are you all united? Don't you call ebonyi indigenes OSU? These issues can be resolved if the government of the day step in but no most Nigerians are gullible not to see the hand writing on the walls that same cabals in the previous government are still in this government.
oga this country is not working and won't work because of tribal sentiments... 100 years big enough to know what will work and what wouldn't for crying out loud!!

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by legislatively: 12:56pm On Mar 19, 2017
Ekinematics:

The truth is either we get it or remain in Nigeria. Is as simple as that. And when I say Niger Delta I am referring to the SS.
then you can make it south south Republic, and I doubt if Edo, itshekiri, aniomas, ndoki, etche, efik and Ibibio will want such a country.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Exciton(m): 12:56pm On Mar 19, 2017
BankeSmalls:

It cuts much deeper than that, trust me grin

The major reason why there is such major rancour among tribes in Nigeria is because of the type of deep seated divisions in most tribes. The way the southern tribes define hard work and empathy can never be same with how the north defines same attributes.

That's very correct. The concept of morality is relative. And the honest fact is that there's a wide gap between that of the North and the south primarily due to religious differences. However, integration is still possible but it will take a very long time compared to Southern integration only and Northern integration only. That's why I recommended Nigeria breaking in two at most.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Luvdk(f): 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2017
bantudra:
the same message goes to ipob biafrans too...

una think the delta is divided and can be played anyhow...we deltans have leaders and elders too...
What's is Delta

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by BankeSmalls(f): 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2017
Exciton:

Imagine we had a functioning country that's always building new infrastructure, creating new stuff, projects here and there, good security etc. People will migrate around the country to seek new jobs or challenges. People of different tribes will work together on projects to achieve a common goal. Some will fall in love with each other, marry and have kids. Some will decide to settle down in the area that they work etc etc. This is how integration happens.

Same is currently happening but on a very slow scale due to poor development, insecurity and poor education.

Nothing is forceful here. The only reason cultural and religious identity is a big issue in this country is because of the problems stated.

You are describing an Eldorado , not Nigeria. The reality on the ground here is that ingenuity and resourcefulness are sacrificed on the alters of national character and quota system. Yoruba people always want to limit the progress of other tribes working in their states and people try to retaliate in other regions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2017
legislatively:
then you can make it south south Republic, and I doubt if Edo, itshekiri, aniomas, ndoki, etche, efik and Ibibio will want such a country.

Lol. Keep your doubt to yourself.
For now we remain Nigerians, but if the opportunity comes we know who we are. The SS is one, we may be different by tribes but we have one goal, one ambition and remember Biafra isn't 1.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by ElsonMorali: 1:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
Any sensible person knows Yorubas are wayyyyyyy different from Ijaws.

For one, our men don't tie wrapper .

We can't be more different than these people.

So I'm amazed that they said somebody said something about some nonsense somewhere that Yorubas want the Ijaws to join them?

The only ethnic groups that have any kind of affiliation with the Yorubas are the. Itshekiri and Bini people. And they don't have to join the Yorubas If they don't want to.

The Yorubas are a great people, proud but very accommodating.

I don't see us trying to annex anybody who isn't from the land of kaaro oojire, for whatever reason.

7 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by legislatively: 1:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
Ekinematics:

So what is your opinion?
Please don't mention those states you called, because they ain't in my definition of Niger Delta.
my opinion is that its hard for you to lump people with totally different cultural background into a country called nigerdelta, it won't work as nobody will want another Nigeria.

Its easy for the Igbo speaking part of nigerdelta to join their brothers in southeast than forming a nigerdelta republic with ijaws and urhobos.

Aniomas, ndokis and etche in Biafra is still a monoethnic country but in nigerdelta republic, it's another Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by BankeSmalls(f): 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
Exciton:

That's very correct. The concept of morality is relative. And the honest fact is that there's a wide gap between that of the North and the south primarily due to religious differences. However, integration is still possible but it will take a very long time compared to Southern integration only and Northern integration only. That's why I recommended Nigeria breaking in two at most.

At least 4 nations are in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by NaWetinDey(m): 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
Every tribe is beating their chests but only Biafra, it seems, are willing to go - even if it's with their so-called landlocked territories alone. The oduduwa people know exactly what to do if and when they are serious about leaving Nigeria.

Aka na-onu

Piiiim

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2017
legislatively:
my opinion is that its hard for you to lump people with totally different cultural background into a country called nigerdelta, it won't work as nobody will want another Nigeria.

Its easy for the Igbo speaking part of nigerdelta to join their brothers in southeast than forming a nigerdelta republic with ijaws and urhobos.

Aniomas, ndokis and etche in Biafra is still a monoethnic country but in nigerdelta republic, it's another Nigeria.

I was just leading you. I knew from the start that you are a Biafran. Ipob youth. Leave SS alone. Go form your Biafra, we ain't holding you.
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Willybos(m): 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
DieDieDieOmenka:
Bros calm down what's your tribe in Delta and stop claiming delta up and down we're only intrested in our igbo Brothers in Delta and rivers
Igbo claiming to be delta and Rivers indigent....
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by legislatively: 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
Ekinematics:

Lol. Keep your doubt to yourself.
For now we remain Nigerians, but if the opportunity comes we know who we are. The SS is one, we may be different by tribes but we have one goal, one ambition and remember Biafra isn't 1.
like I said, that's your opinion and it doesn't reflect reality, nigerdelta is one in your head but when the time comes, you go see.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by legislatively: 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
Ekinematics:

I was just leading you. I knew from the start that you are a Biafran. Ipob youth. Leave SS alone. Go form your Biafra, we ain't holding you.
I'm a Nigerian and not a Biafra, if telling you the reality makes me a biafran, then so be it.

Nigerdelta country will not work, ask any expert, its easier for an ijaw nation to come up than nigerdelta republic

4 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
legislatively:
like I said, that's your opinion and it doesn't reflect reality, nigerdelta is one in your head but when the time comes, you go see.

Ibo man leave this thread. It does not concern you. Go feast on a Biafran thread. There are many of them on nairaland.
Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Exciton(m): 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
BankeSmalls:

You are describing an Eldorado , not Nigeria. The reality on the ground here is that ingenuity and resourcefulness are sacrificed on the alters of national character and quota system. Yoruba people always want to limit the progress of other tribes working in their states and people try to retaliate in other regions.

That's why I said "imagine" grin

The only way forward is for the future generation to shed tribalism and create a meritocratic system. Like I said originally, breaking into little pieces by tribe will surely be disastrous.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by eph123(f): 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
ElsonMorali:
Any sensible person knows Yorubas are wayyyyyyy different from Ijaws.

For one, our men don't tie wrapper

Secondly, our men aren't drunkards which place all the burden of the family on their wives.

We can't be more different than these people.

So I'm amazed that they said somebody said something about some nonsense somewhere that Yorubas want the Ijaws to join them?

The only ethnic groups that have any kind of affiliation with the Yorubas are the. Itshekiri and Bini people. And they don't have to join the Yorubas If they don't want to.

The Yorubas are a great people, proud but very accommodation.

I don't see us trying to annex anybody who isn't from the land of kaaro oojire, for whatever reason.

Just come out and do your insulting straight up, no point wrapping and sugar coating it.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by dannielight(m): 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
I just laugh and feel sorry for many of our costly comments and mischievous taunts which were all without due regard for keen observation.

I ask how many Yoruba States do you see in that map? 6 or 1?

Why do we easily play into the hands of mischief makers who are bent at sowing ethnic discords here and there? The map was just one of somebody's skill of messing around.

Whether you like it or not, I'm your kinsman outside the shores of this country. Happy Sunday

Modified... a second look. Supposed or proposed Niger Delta Republic annexed Ondo State... of course as a oil producing state. Only if we agree to that...doubt that though

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by legislatively: 1:09pm On Mar 19, 2017
Ekinematics:

Ibo man leave this thread. It does not concern you. Go feast on a Biafran thread. There are many of them on nairaland.
I'm a Nigerian, sorry if the truth is bitter. Nigerdelta republic cannot work, if you are a good history student you should know that.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by Luvdk(f): 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
DieDieDieOmenka:

lol igbo is igbo there's nothing like Delta Igbo they're the ones to butcher you guys if you try to deny them their heritage.
see who's talking a minority in Delta talking cheesy do you know that igbos are majority in Delta so you see na suicide be that if urobo abi wetin wey no reach like one town in a typical igbo land grin you know you're blabbing.

Just like ijaw owns parts of ondo so do igbos owns larger parts in Delta and rivers

kiss the truth minority man cheesy
truth is talking
truth is mine
grin

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. by debbie223(f): 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
They call us trouble-makers,land grabbers,keep calling us names i dnt give a Bleep,proudly Izon,Izon means truth and we'll always stand by it,,haters keep hating,,,,,

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Missiles Loaded On Nigerian Fighter Jets For Boko Haram (Photos) / Princess Pako Talks About Chibok Girls On Twitter, Reveals What She Found Out / Onyekachi Elechi Is Dead. Martin Elechi's Son Dies (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.