Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Rhema For Living Devotional - Overcoming Difficult Times. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhema For Living Devotional - Overcoming Difficult Times. (325 Views)

2019: Mbaka Tells Nigerians To Brace Up For More Difficult Times / Rhema For Living Devotional 2018 By Ken Macaulay / Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - How To Fight Spiritual Warfare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhema For Living Devotional - Overcoming Difficult Times. by Ken4Christ: 6:41am On Mar 19, 2017
Wednesday, March 15th.
Overcoming Difficult Times - 1.

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world". (John 16:33).

It is an understatement to say that we are living in a very difficult times especially in this part of the world. This is in fulfillment of the prophecy which says, "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come". (2nd Timothy 3:1).

God never promised us a troubled free life but it did promise us victory in every circumstance that we are faced with. Hence he said, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world". (John 16:33).

The devil knows he has a very short time before his judgment. (Revelation 12:12). So he is unleashing demonic attack on the earth through his agents. His mission is to steal, kill and destroy. However, what the devil want to steal is not your money or your properties. The first thing he targets is your joy. So, if you want to overcome the challenges he brings your way, the first thing you must protect is your joy.

The Scripture says, "Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation". (Isaiah 12:3). Most spectacular miracles recorded in the Bible happened in the atmosphere of joy. Remember how the wall of Jericho fell down flat. It was through the shouts of praise that the walls fell down flat. (Joshua 6:20). The three nations that joined forces together against Judah destroyed one another when King Jehoshaphat placed singers in front to sing and worship the Lord in the beauty of his holiness. (2nd Chronicles 20:21-24). We should not forget the story of Paul and Silas so soon. In the midst of their afflictions in prison, they lifted their voices in prayers and praises to God. There was an earthquake and the prison doors where opened and everyone's chain was loosed. (Acts 16:25-26). This is the power of praise.

Protect your joy. Don't let your challenges show on your face. Put up a smile because you know the end from the beginning. Therefore, "...count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Father, I exalt your holy name. There is nothing that I am going through that you are not aware of and I am confident you will see me through. I am therefore full of joy. No situation can steal my joy from me. Jesus already won the battle for me. So, father, I thank you once again for I know my victory is certain in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: Your life will not be cut short in the name of Jesus. Your will fulfill your dreams in the name of Jesus. God will provide a way of escape for you in every situation you are faced with in the name of Jesus. God will trouble those who trouble you in Jesus name. Your path is like a shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto a perfect day in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Philippians 4:4; 1st Thessalonians 5:16.
Daily Scripture Reading: Numbers 25-26; 1st Timothy 1-3.

Thursday, March 16th.
Overcoming Difficult Times - 2.

"...O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph". (Psalms 47:1).

We talked about the need to protect your joy yesterday if you want to overcome the challenges of life. It is an act of faith to rejoice in the midst of your trouble. It destabilizes the devil and on the contrary attracts the presence of God. And when God shows up, victory is guaranteed.

This is however another level of joy that is an expression of greater faith. It is shouts of praise. This time around, you are not just expressing your joy, you are shouting it loud. Hence the opening text says you should shout unto God with the voice of triumph. This is not a shout that comes from the flesh, it a shout from the innermost man. It is the kind of shout you express when your football team scores the winning goal in the last minute of the extra time.

You have every reason to shout. Our Lord Jesus said, "...be of good cheer; I have overcome the world". (John 16:33). Jesus defeated the devil and rose up from the dead triumphantly. As the Scripture says, "And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it". (Colossians 2:15).

The victory of Jesus is your victory because he did it on your behalf. If the grave could not hold Jesus down, there is no devil that can stop you. "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us". (1st John 5:4; Romans 8:31-32; 37).

So, lift your voice and shout the loudest praise no matter the contrary evidences before you. God will not put you to shame. You have to be fully persuaded that he will bring to pass what he has promised to do.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Mighty God and faithful father, I thank you for goodness in my life. I have confidence in your word. I therefore give you the best of my praise no matter what I am going through right now. I shout it loud so every principalities and powers will know that Jesus is Lord and his death for me is not in vain. Thank you for always causing me to triumph in my tribulations in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You are a shining star and your light will not go dim in the name of Jesus. The Lord is your Shepherd and lack is therefore far from you in the name of Jesus. Divine favour will compass you like a shield in the name of Jesus. The blessings of God will pursue and overtake you in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Joshua 6:20; Psalms 5:11.
Daily Scripture Reading: Numbers 27-28; 1st Timothy 4-6.

Friday, March 17th.
Overcoming Difficult Times - 3.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life". (Proverbs 4:23).

Yesterday, we discussed about the need to shout your praise unto God. Such shout is usually accompanied with a joyful noise. There is no devil from the pit of hell that can defeat you if you protect your joy. "Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation". (Isaiah 12:3).

Another thing you have to protect is your heart. The opening text in Easy English Translation says, "Be careful how you think. Your thoughts make you the person that you are". (Proverbs 4:23). Your journey to success begins in your mind. Your mind is the battle field. It matters the thoughts you permit in your mind.

Your mind is the doorway to your heart. When you dwell on any thought for so long, it is transmitted to your heart where it is permanently stored and waiting for expression. The Bible tells us the kind of thoughts we should dwell our minds on. "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things". (Philippians 4:cool.

Never allow the thoughts of failure to creep into your mind. You are not ordinary. The Bible says, "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light". (1st Peter 2:9).

When Satan tries to bring the wrong thought to your mind, open your mouth and counter it with what the Scripture says. This is why Apostle Paul said, "...the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ". (2nd Corinthians 10:4-5).

Have the mentality of a Champion. Tell yorrself you can do it. The best way to control your thoughts is to constantly meditate on the word of God. It is one sure secret to good success and lasting prosperity. Hence Joshua was admonished, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. (Joshua 1:cool.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Heavenly Father, I worship you in the beauty of holiness. I thank you for your living word. I make it my medication night and day. I reject thoughts of failure and mediocrity. I resist every lie of the devil. I am who you say I am and I have what you say I have in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: God is bringing you into your rest. There is no more struggle for you in the name of Jesus. His divine grace is sufficient for you. You will run and not be weary. You will walk and not faint. You will mount up with wings as an eagle and soar. I see God opening doors of opportunities for you and no one can shut it in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Psalms 1:1-3; Proverbs 23:7.
Daily Scripture Reading: Numbers 29-30; 2nd Timothy 1-4.

Saturday, March 18th.
Overcoming Difficult Times - 4.

"A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things". (Matthew 12:35).

It matters what you dwell your thoughts on. You must protect your mind from wrong thoughts if you want to overcome the challenges that comes your way. This is what we discussed yesterday. You are the security officer of your mind. Your mind is the doorway to your heart. So, the sure way to protect your heart is to reject wrong thoughts that comes to your mind.

Today, we want to stress on the need to fill your heart with God's word and good thoughts consistent with the word of God. And the way to drive God's word into your spirit is through meditation. There will be no room for wrong thoughts to creep into a heart that constantly meditates on the word of God.

Medication is the act of fixing your thoughts on something until it gets a hold on your spirit. Many a time, it is more effective when you speak words out under your breath. Your lips appears to be close but you are muttering words loud enough to your hearing. It is a powerful spiritual exercise when your heart is fixed on God's word. The result is peace of mind and assurance of victory. Hence the Scripture says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee". (Isaiah 26:3).

When your heart is full of God's word, it will beg for expression. "...for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" (Matthew 12:34). And what you say is what you have. Life is spiritual. In addition to your mental and physical efforts, there is a spiritual undertone to every success story. This is the secret God shared with Joshua. (Joshua 1:cool. The Psalmist also understood this secret. He said that the results of constant night and day meditation is prosperity. (Psalms 1:3).

Study God's word night and day and spend time to meditate on it. It will strengthen your faith and put your mind in the right frame to think out a solution in the midst of your challenges. It also drives away anxiety and position you to receive from God. So, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord". (Colossians 3:16).

Prayers and Confession of Faith: Gracious God and merciful father, I bless and magnify you. I thank you for revealing the functions of the heart to me. I therefore store up your word in my heart and every good things I desire in life. I pray that the meditations of my heart will be acceptable unto you and it will cause every good things I desire to come to manifestation in my life in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You ear will only hear good news in your family. God is blessing your family for your sake the way Laban's household was blessed for Jacob's sake. God will deliver you from every temptation that is designed to rubbish your Christian testimony in the name of Jesus. It is well with your health. It is well with your finances. It is well with your family. It is well with all that concerns you in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 1st Timothy 4:15;. Psalms 19:14.
Daily Scripture Reading: Numbers 31-32; Titus 1-3.

Sunday, March 19th.
Overcoming Difficult Times - 5.

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof". (Proverbs 18:21).

Our words are containers of power. They can be creative or destructive. It will either make or mar you. It can get you into trouble and can also get you out of trouble. As believers, we have to be careful of the things we say if you want to overcome the challenges of life.

When Moses sent out 12 spies to go and search the land of Jericho, ten of the twelve spies brought back an evil report. They said, "...The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight". (Numbers 13:32-33).

God was displeased with them and thus responded, "Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you. Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me". (Numbers 14:28-29). God made them to wander in the wilderness for 40" years until all the Jews above 20 years at the time the land was searched died.

Don't allow your challenges make you say things that could further worsen the situation. Your words are raw materials that God uses to process your miracles. If you speak failure, you will reap defeat. The book of Proverbs says, "...the mouth of the upright shall deliver them". (Proverbs 12:6). You don't need to seek for special deliverance because of what you are going through. It is your mouth that will deliver you.

Speak faith filled words. Don't talk about your problems. Speak to it. Our Lord Jesus said, "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith". (Mark 11:23). You may not see an immediate result but keep speaking faith filled words. Your change will surely come.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: I am who God says I am and I have what God says I have. I am coming out of my present challenges. The Lord is making a way for me. Father, I thank you for watching over your word to fulfill it in my life in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You will not have aborted dreams in the name of Jesus. You will live to see your children even to the fourth generations if Christ tarries. You cannot be defeated because the greater one lives in you. You will be a wonder to your generation. Your talent will bring you before kings and not ordinary people in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Proverbs 6:2; 11:11; Matthew 8:8.
Daily Scripture Reading: Numbers 33-34; Philemon 1 - Hebrews 2.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Praying Pathway - The Logic / Alcoholic Pastor Steals 100,000 Pounds And Uses It to buy Beer!!! / I Wish Heaven Is A Free Access......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.