Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President (25297 Views)

Court Affirms Senate's Power To Reject Magu / DSS Report That Got Magu Rejected Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by sammyj: 1:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
This man is definitely on Osogbo weeds. If not for the allegation then it must definitely be because of you and your wife's corruption trial and likely trail of your corrupt cohorts et al!!! sad shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by Olumaeme: 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
God bless the Nigeria Senate under the leadership of Bukola Saraki..

Just imagine the puppet of Buhari or tinubu becoming the Senate President, most of the high level of corruption under this directionless will not be known

Once again God bless Bukola Saraki

God bless Dino melaye, the senator of the year!

God bless me!

1 Like

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by lailo: 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
Jabioro:
Sir you have not tell us what actually the reason,you just parry, dodging and giving no reason....why you are claiming not DSS.. ?
he said consultations from the executive.He was actually expecting Buhari to lobby with him so that he can use d opportunity to present his conditions.Nigerians are d ones undoing themselves.I knew all these would still come up when Nigerians supported PDP to install Saraki and Dogara as against change program of APC.They call it to checkmate the executive without knowing it is anti- change programme.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by alfsalami: 1:36pm On Mar 19, 2017
Saraki has proved some body like Tinubu right for condenming him at the beginning

1 Like

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by imecom: 1:38pm On Mar 19, 2017
Magu them no like u just because them be thief in that house senate. I thank u for ur good work. may god bless u MAGU

1 Like

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by Jabioro: 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
lailo:

he said consultations from the executive.He was actually expecting Buhari to lobby with him so that he can use d opportunity to present his conditions.Nigerians are d ones undoing themselves.I knew all these would still come up when Nigerians supported PDP to install Saraki and Dogara as against change program of APC.They call it to checkmate the executive without knowing it is anti- change programme.
That is a great hiccups for APC
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by tonio2wo: 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
Dem full this thread o! I mean the BMCs. grin

1 Like

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by dukebabaaduke(m): 1:41pm On Mar 19, 2017
HAH:
Why not the president nominate another person, must it be Magu only.

Honestly I blame the president, because the civil war happening among his appointees clearly shows he did not manage it well though from history Buhari is not good in conflict management, do you remember the various crises that rocked CPC.

Why did the president not send Magu's name immediately he appointed him as ag chairman but waited until he did t dirty work and step on toes, my advice to the president to send name of anyone he appoints to the national assembly as soon as such appointment are made not all this procrastination, though we are all getting used slow nature of PMB, can you imagine a year after the death of Ocholi h still has not sent replacement from Kogi state thereby shortchanging Kogi people.
Your Mindset needs flushing

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by exlinkleads(f): 1:41pm On Mar 19, 2017
ok
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by tonio2wo: 1:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Ipob Yoot! Aka, Supporters Of Corruption!

U go cancel taya! He made some cogent points. tongue

1 Like

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by LastProphet: 1:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
why cant buhari look for femi falana? isnt it obvious he will even deal more terrible blow to looters?
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by Nigeriadondie: 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
My prayer for all these thieves in power is for the bullets from Shekau's gun to rain on their bodies. With these bastards Nigeria is hopeless and wud forever remain so
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by Lordsocrates: 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2017
the fuccck is wrong with these idiots, so why then did he not sail through, you mean on grounds other than because he is haunting ur corrupt buuuuts

#OurMumuDondo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by kamuzu(m): 1:58pm On Mar 19, 2017
“We have nominees that come all the time with different issues.
“Two weeks ago, we screened the Chief Justice of Nigeria and he scaled through.
“Now the EFCC chairman came and he did not pass the screening.
“Someone else will come and may pass.
“This is our constitutional role and I don’t think we should personalise or politicise this.”
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by Joefixy(m): 1:59pm On Mar 19, 2017
[quote author=NgeneUkwenu post=54736370][s][/s]

You are among d corrupt individual of this great nation.. To hell with saraki kettle calling pot black
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by olaoreawofele: 2:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
There is no siting on the fence here. You are either against corruption or for it. I hope you truly know those who are pulling this country backward.

Olumaeme:
God bless the Nigeria Senate under the leadership of Bukola Saraki..

Just imagine the puppet of Buhari or tinubu becoming the Senate President, most of the high level of corruption under this directionless will not be known

Once again God bless Bukola Saraki

God bless Dino melaye, the senator of the year!

God bless me!
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by pressplay411(m): 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
We know this. He was simply rejected cos he's coming after all of them one case at a time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by pressplay411(m): 2:14pm On Mar 19, 2017
krendo:
Magu is incompetent

It appears Magu lacks capacity to do his job within the rule of law, he is always at loggerhead with the courts and yet EFCC can not convict anyone without the courts

Magu is an incompetent tyrant who must be stopped

Buhari should go and look for a competent lawyer who understands the constitution

Your missive is smeared with utter disdain and loathing of Magu. Did he take your relative to court? Cos it seems you're taking this personal.
And when did he ever go against the law? Citations needed.
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by simpleseyi: 2:21pm On Mar 19, 2017
searchng4love:
APC doesn't need an opposition to fall into disarray. No enemy of Nigeria will survive 2017!

I see, that is why PDP is dead and buried.
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by DeltahArmy(m): 2:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
I think we should move on to other important things in this country. Magu is not the only competent person for the job, I'm sure we have more than enough honest, competent and fearless people who can head the EFCC.
On Ali, that dude should put on the damn uniform if that will make the senators happy. We waste too much time on inconsequential issues in this country.

2 Likes

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by potent5(m): 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
dancewith:
I think the real issue here is why the DSS, an arm of the executive, would undermine an appointment made by the same executive. And the same executive keeps mum!

Something isn't right here. If the executive truly wanted Magu confirmed, they would have called the DSS to order. They didn't and this whole brouhaha seems to me like a script the executive has prepared for their own ends, whatever that is

I do not believe they truly wanted Magu confirmed and a larger conspiracy here seems beyond our understanding
If the DSS wrote a favorable letter to the Senate some people will complain. Now that they wrote a factual letter people are terming it undermining of the Executive. Na wah o.
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by Olumaeme: 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2017
olaoreawofele:
There is no siting on the fence here. You are either against corruption or for it. I hope you truly know those who are pulling this country backward.

Who are those against corruption?

Those who nominate and still use their own apparatus to frustrate their nomination?

Bro wake up!

There is nobody fighting corruption anywhere.... When I see I will support..

U keeping Fashola, Ameachi, Fayemi, grass cutter Lawal in your camp and u fighting corruption? Abeg tell me another story!

1 Like

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by searchng4love: 2:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
simpleseyi:

I see, that is why PDP is dead and buried.
And that's why APC will die for a fresh start in Nigeria
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by UncleJudax(m): 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2017
No matter his good intentions, if Magu actually said he does not know how much the EFCC has recovered within the last 12 months, he should be removed.

1 Like

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by ceevictor(m): 3:18pm On Mar 19, 2017
duni04:
I remember when Ibrahim Larmode was EFCC chairman and Saraki's wife was invited to the EFCC. The Senate immediately got one dubious Igbo man to write a petition alleging that Larmode was stealing and embezzling proceeds of EFCC recoveries
On the strength of these allegations, those criminals got the sheepish Buhari to remove Larmode and put Magu. Now that more than 30% of the Senators in the house are under investigation, they've gotten a close confidant of the sheepish and apparently foolish and clueless Buhari to again malign the EFCC chairman.
If Buhari allows these thieves to remove yet another EFCC chairman, I will personally lead a protest to Aso rock to organise for his impeachment. Buhari is just to sheepish for my liking.
y did Larmode ran away if his hands are clean
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by 9jatriot(m): 3:25pm On Mar 19, 2017
If you are nominated by a Nigerian president to the Senate for confirmation to be the head of EFCC, the following steps will help you get a take a bow treatment at the senate flow and subsequently get a confirmation before you walk out of the door of the hallowed chambers.

1. Be nominated by an alleged high profile corrupt politician as in the case of waziri nominated by Ibori
2. Steal like the politicians you are trying to investigate especially recovered funds so that the senate can have a bargaining chip with you to keep you in line when ever you are tempted to cross the line. Refer to Lamorde the former EFCC boss who is alleged to have diverter over 2T naira and is at large now.
3. Pursue only yahoo boys who have no political back bone nor party and leave the big fish who steal in local and international currencies. refer to Waziri.
4. Allow governors steal by looking the other way and stop tracing bail out funds, paris club funds, national assembly funds because these governors will simply direct their senators to say "nay" on the senate floor.
5. Learn to accept bribe once in a while and stop trying to follow cases to their logical conclusions. That way, politicians are sure that by pressing the right button, after all the initial noise the cases will die down but a system where you pursue all cases with vigour is certainly not going to get
6. Most importantly stop discovering moneys in bunkers and abandoned houses at a rate that seem to suggest that you are coming close to the houses of the senators, do you want to give them heart attack before their time not knowing if the next house will be theirs?

If you wish to be get confirmed by the "Nigerian senate" and work happily, then you have to observed those simple rules. However, do not try this in Singapore, China, North Korea and other very strict places, these steps will send you to the hang mans rope instead in those countries. They are only very effective in Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/3685169/6-ways-get-quick-confirmation

2 Likes

Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by ayindejimmy(m): 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2017
Icecomrade:
DSS report read.

Magu lacks integrity and would constitute a liability to the war against corruption.

This statement is pregnant with issues. It would be silly for the Senate to have gone ahead with the confirmation.

Saraki does not have the power to stop Magu confirmation, majority of the senators voted against the guy.

The Magu guy can go to hell

Which majority?!

So democracy is about "hay" and "nay"?

Did they take any vote?
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by Yusman316(m): 4:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
Icecomrade:
DSS report read.

Magu lacks integrity and would constitute a liability to the war against corruption.

This statement is pregnant with issues. It would be silly for the Senate to have gone ahead with the confirmation.

Saraki does not have the power to stop Magu confirmation, majority of the senators voted against the guy.

The Magu guy can go to hell
Guy it seems u were not in ur senses when u posted this comment. Magu has been doing the job for over two years, and people re praising him. And somebody is now telling u Magu is incompetent and u believe. Why didn't the DSS from day one when Magu was made acting chairman come out and say he was incompetent? He u don't recognize politics of selfish interest, u better keep ur opinion to ur self
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by olisaEze(m): 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
We all know, Mr. Crook!

No Thief Would Welcome A Policeman To His House...

Hmmm, except Nigerian polithiefcians grin
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by AreaFada2: 4:43pm On Mar 19, 2017
mcquin:
cry Democracy and rule of law does not work for every country and person. A country where politicians use rule of law to scuttle the process. Since birds learnt fly without perching, hunters learnt to shoot without missing.

Well, we have a president treating anaemia abroad for 50 days.

True, it will not happen in a country where democracy works. Ours doesn't work yet.

The economy is in worse shape since 25 years. Some actually saw it, not told by grandparents.

It wasn't this bad when Buhari overthrew Shagari in 1983.

Are you now saying he should be overthrown now instead of following rule of law and decide if he stays beyond 2019?

We must consider if to jettison rule of law completely or let it gradually mature into something better.

There is enough incompetence to go round.
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by mcquin(m): 5:28pm On Mar 19, 2017
AreaFada2:

Well, we have a president treating anaemia abroad for 50 days.

True, it will not happen in a country where democracy works. Ours doesn't work yet.

The economy is in worse shape since 25 years. Some actually saw it, not told by grandparents.

It wasn't this bad when Buhari overthrew Shagari in 1983.

Are you now saying he should be overthrown now instead of following rule of law and decide if he stays beyond 2019?

We must consider if to jettison rule of law completely or let it gradually mature into something better.

There is enough incompetence to go ppround.
I chose to stay within the issues of tackling corruption head-on and not governance in general. Perculiar situations deserve perculiar approach. This government came on the wings of tackling corruption and that was why many were sympathetic towards it, and so whatever means it requires to secure victory over the much dreaded monster, I'll welcome it. Have you asked yourself why the Nigerian Senate has refused death penalty for corrupt offences. Why use plea-bargain secure soft landing. Why do our politicians always fall ill at trial. My guy other climes have adopted tough measures to battle various national challenges. Funny thing is those holding to the Rule-of-law toga now were same persons encouraging GEJ to flout laid down procedures for political reasons. Some even asked him to remove Jega, supported his stopping legislators from accessing their offices; just because of politics; how did they suddenly become preachers of rule of law?
Re: We Did Not Reject Magu, Because Of DSS Report~Saraki, Senate President by Jesusloveyou: 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
TippyTop:
Mugu should explain his source of wealth.
did he tell you he is wealthy?
Or how wil you explain a jobless dino wealth? Such a criminal showing his wealth to poor young guy like you,to incite you into crime. In advance country dino should have be in jail for encouraging jobless youth into crime.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Receives Winter Olympic Touch 2018 From Korea Consul (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu: I Never Sent Thugs To Attack #EndSARS Protesters / COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.