Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

I Need Answers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Answers (1453 Views)

House-help Always On Phone Call,calls And Answers Calls Secretly,is It Normal? / Why Do I Struggle To Have Sex? I Want To Start Enjoying Sex *serious Answers Plz / I Am Confused I Need Urgent Answers! (2) (3) (4)

I Need Answers by Cherie69: 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hello everyone, I'll like find out ways on how to stop being shy. I'll like to work as a news reporter in future, I don't know how I'll cope with shyness. I'm 21yrs
Re: I Need Answers by blessedvisky(m): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
Cherie69:
Hello everyone, I'll like find out ways on how to stop being shy. I'll like to work as a news reporter in future, I don't know how I'll cope with shyness. I'm 21yrs
Are you M/F?
Re: I Need Answers by Cherie69: 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
Female
Re: I Need Answers by pasqal09: 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
Look for things that will make u be in the spot light often. Once u get used to it then you're good to go.
Re: I Need Answers by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2017
If you meet me In person I swear your shyness would dissappear because I will keep throwing you into situations that would call for you to speak up. Am that horrible as am a former shy person it means you lack self confidence because you don't see yourself in a positive light. What's the cure ? Being non challant , value yourself more and somehow you will reach a pointment where your confidence in your self will make you be outspoken
Re: I Need Answers by Cherie69: 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
I have been trying to stop it for many years, I don't want to destroy my dreams sad
Re: I Need Answers by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2017
Cherie69:

By the way, why do you want to be a news reporter?

What other things do you do well?

Your natural strengths are more likely to be where your REAL talents lie. Also it's usually easier to work on your strengths than to invest a lot of time trying to refine weaknesses.
Re: I Need Answers by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
shy people desperately seek the acceptance and approval of others. This makes them extremely self-conscious and fearful of being judged, ridiculed, criticized, humiliated, embarrassed, and rejected.

so you have to challenge your assumptions be comfortable and confident in your self and your abilities, and take steps to overcome it.

* try to sing at a karoke bar
* walk up to someone and start a conversation
* ask strangers questions.
* if you're in university, take up projects that include presentation.
*join some solidarity group, forum etc etc

step out of your comfort zone and don't be hard on yourself.

don't rush things.

people may never say it, but secretly people admire and sometimes envy confident people.

Most of us have been shy at some point in our lives, I have - so you're not alone.
Re: I Need Answers by Cherie69: 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2017
I have a flair for Journalism and story telling but I think I'm too reserved for the profession for instance I can't stand many faces
Re: I Need Answers by blessedvisky(m): 4:01am On Mar 20, 2017
Cherie69:
Female
my dear, you need books. Lots of them. After 2 or 3 books you'll learn enough tips to make you into a young strong brave woman. You'll be able to hold conversations with anybody.
Re: I Need Answers by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 20, 2017
I'm extremely shy too...
always conscious of myself
Re: I Need Answers by blessedvisky(m): 3:46pm On Mar 20, 2017
Cherie69:
I have a flair for Journalism and story telling but I think I'm too reserved for the profession for instance I can't stand many faces
Post your whatsapp number. I'll send you some helpful E-books
Re: I Need Answers by Cherie69: 5:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
09076518079 thanks
Re: I Need Answers by Cherie69: 6:03pm On May 04, 2017
blessedvisky:

Post your whatsapp number. I'll send you some helpful E-books
hello blessedvisky
Re: I Need Answers by Absalomh: 10:46pm On May 04, 2017
. abeg who get 5k? make ehhe borrow me now.

u go inbox mi.
Re: I Need Answers by klexycole(m): 11:31pm On May 04, 2017
Cherie69:
090***1807**thanks

Take down your number. smiley
Re: I Need Answers by Cherie69: 6:48am On May 05, 2017
klexycole:

Take down your number. smiley
I don't understand... Elucidate
Re: I Need Answers by klexycole(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2017
Cherie69:
I don't understand... Elucidate

Delete your number completely on this thread to avoid scammers. Guess you just joined Nairaland smiley
Re: I Need Answers by yvesboss(m): 9:16am On May 05, 2017
Thank God i got fed up of my shyness in my second year in school, then went into departmental politics to bring out that unexplored part in me and it worked magic.

Re: I Need Answers by blessedvisky(m): 5:14pm On May 14, 2017
good evening . how have you been. I've been offline for quite a while , phone got spoilt
Cherie69:
hello blessedvisky
Re: I Need Answers by PresVA: 5:23pm On May 14, 2017
Cherie69:
hello blessedvisky
Join ushers, lay readers, choir in the church or whatever society that will make you face people. ..

try reading motivational books too..

Some Adorable Newborns Who Hilariously Messed Up Their Parents’ Photoshoots / My Very Close Friend Has Gonorrhea Which Makes Him To Be Urinating Lots Of Blood / 18karat Italian Gold Jewelries For Sale