Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Bitter Truth About Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Christians (766 Views)

What I Hate About Christians – Ogboni Generalissimo / What Pastor E.A Adeboye Says About Christians Wearing Makeup, Jewellery, Wigs / The Bitter Truth About Jesus (2) (3) (4)

Bitter Truth About Christians by eamon360(m): 4:17pm On Mar 19, 2017
I was outside my house this morning when a friend asked me in the presence of other friends who were ready to go to church "why you no dey EVER go church?" The truth was, I didn't go to church today because of some reasons best known to me. When I got inside, I began to punder with the way the question was thrown at me. Anyway, I'm not really bothered about that. I'm actually bothered with the fact that people believes going to church makes one a moral being which also makes you better and holier than those who don't go to church at all.
I believe that good people will still be good and bad people bad whether or not they go to church. Churches can only encourage one to follow good morals but they don't provide any incentives. Church cant make anyone better, only Jesus can!
He does this by you repenting of your sins
and accepting Him as your Lord and
Saviour. But christianity today is becoming a thing one needs to ask a question about. The truth is, so many worshipers are so brain washed to the extent that they refused to allow christ to be the head of the church. They have dethrone Christ in their midst and have replaced him with human head. This makes them uses their pastor's name to reach God in prayers. For instance, if I am pastoring a church, my followers will use my name to reach God in their prayers, as in "the God of Orobor Victor, come to my rescue" this act alone begs for questions like, what's now Jesus place in reaching God almighty? I thought there's a verse in the bible that says "no one come to the father except through me" please pardon me if I didn't quote the verse well. But, was it that Jesus christ has lost his place in today's church? I won't be suprise if so many churches begin 2 worship God in their pastor's name because I can see even the angel of God has lost it's place totally in many pastor's lives. You see the pastors moving around with man made angels (police, army, mopol) and these same men of God preaches to its followers how they ought to depend on the angel of God as their guardian angels. Now, these men of God who are supposed to live by example are out there contradicting their own preachings. What baffles me most is that, the gullible members will never see anthing wrong with it. Instead, they will be the first to denfend the pastor when he is being criticised.
They will use the last drop of their blood to
defend their pastor’s right to move around with body guards and others. If you say anything contrary, they will
curse you, threaten you, and beleived it's the devil that is speaking inside of you.

Re: Bitter Truth About Christians by wolverine1987: 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2017
True
Re: Bitter Truth About Christians by kolaish(m): 4:43pm On Mar 19, 2017
Op, with due respect, all you have written does not justify the reason why one should not be in church for sunday worship. It is a day you meet together with others to worship. However, if your church does not satisfy yr spiritual needs, simply look for a good one. Though there are many fake churches, yet there are many good ones too.

Re: Bitter Truth About Christians by luvmijeje(f): 4:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
kolaish:
Op, with due respect, all you have written does not justify the reason why one should not be in church for sunday worship. It is a day you meet together with others to worship. However, if your church does not satisfy yr spiritual needs, simply look for a good one. Though there are many fake churches, yet there are many good ones too.
Abi o. If you're tired of the question, bluntly or stylishly tell them to mind their business.

Re: Bitter Truth About Christians by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
Lol. People, actually waking up to the reality
Re: Bitter Truth About Christians by peacesamuel94(m): 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2017
Nice. I presume you believe in the Bible, so what do you think about the part that says, "where two or three are gathered I am in their midst"
Re: Bitter Truth About Christians by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 19, 2017
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU DEVOUT DAILY TO STUDY THE WORD OF THE LIVING GOD. DO YOU READ YOUR BIBLE DAILY?
IF YOU STUDY THE WORLD OF GOD YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE SIGN OF TIMES. PASTOR (LIKE EVERY OTHER CHRISTIAN) ARE HUMANS AND HAVE THEIR PECULIAR WEAKNESS. WE ALL LIVE BY THE GRACE OF THE ALMIGHTY.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT IRRESPECTIVE OF THESE SHORTCOMINGS THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST IS PREACHED. THIS MUST GO ROUND THE WORLD TO HERALD THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST.
SO, READ YOUR BIBLE, PRAY AND FELLOWSHIP WITH CHRISTIANS. LET THOSE WHO ARE DUBIOUS CONTINUE TO DECEIVE THEMSELVES.
Re: Bitter Truth About Christians by BWare: 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2017
peacesamuel94:
Nice. I presume you believe in the Bible, so what do you think about the part that says, "where two or three are gathered I am in their midst"
In the end your gatherings won't be considered or used to judge you, obey God's commandments. That's what most Christians don't understand, most just go to church and reflect nothing Christ-like in their lifestyle… Don't get me wrong, I'm not ruling off gatherings of Christians
Re: Bitter Truth About Christians by eamon360(m): 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
kolaish:
Bros, I neva said that was the reason y I didn't go church 2day. It only makes me 2 wonder y some persons do feel holier than others just because they don't miss church service.
Re: Bitter Truth About Christians by kolaish(m): 8:37pm On Mar 19, 2017
eamon360:

Bros, I neva said that was the reason y I didn't go church 2day. It only makes me 2 wonder y some persons do feel holier than others just because they don't miss church service.
frankly speaking, one cannot claim to be a good christian without constantly attending service. Even Jesus is constantly seen in the synagogue. So, don't blame them if they claim to be holier than you. Stay bless.
Re: Bitter Truth About Christians by peacesamuel94(m): 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
BWare:
In the end your gatherings won't be considered or used to judge you, obey God's commandments. That's what most Christians don't understand, most just go to church and reflect nothing Christ-like in their lifestyle… Don't get me wrong, I'm not ruling off gatherings of Christians

So all you do as a Christian is based on whether it will be used in judging you or not, so if killing was not included, will you kill?
Christian gatherings might not necessarily be a requirement for judgement to be in your favour after life on earth, however it enhances the possibility, a Christian that is constantly in church will find his/her Christian life easier than the one that detaches himself from the gathering of like minds.

This is not just peculiar to Christianity, its the same thing with almost every other religion.

How Pastors Are Misleading Singles Into Marriage / The Usefulness Of African Voodoo / Joel Osteen Says Church Has Opened Doors To Flood Victims