Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG (8816 Views)

Fulani And Hausa Crisis Has Ruined Our Business" Ibo Man In Zamfara Cries Out / Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP / Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by HungerBAD: 5:19am On Mar 20, 2017
By Jonathan Isaiah

— Mar 20, 2017 4:02 am

Contrary to reports, the federal government has said the recent clash between Hausa and Yoruba communities in Ife had no ethnic connotations.

The minister of Interior, Gen. Abdulramaan Danbazzua (rtd) disclosed this to state house correspondents over the weekend.

According to him, upon his return from South Africa in the wake of xenophobic attacks on Nigerians resident there last week, he went straight to the troubled community to get first hand information about the clash.

He appealed to the various stakeholders to eschew violence while assuring that government was handling the matter and all the culprits will be brought to book.

He said “I was able to visit Ife yesterday on my arrival from South Africa where I went in company of minister of Foreign Affairs to discuss with South African government on the issue pertaining to xenophobic attacks on Nigerians.

“So, when I came back, I decided to move straight to Ife, yesterday because what occurred in Ife happened while we were away.

“The deputy governor of Osun state received us because the governor was away here in Abuja for the NEC meeting.

“We went straight to communities where this crisis occurred and we saw the extent of damage and we met the leaderships of the communities and we discussed with them. It is very clear that this issue is not about crisis between Hausa community and Yoruba community in Ife.”

He said the Hausa community has been living in Ife for close to 200 years as the first settlers arrived there in 1820 noting that these are about the fourth, fifth generations of the community and they have never experienced this kind of crisis.

http://leadership.ng/news/577999/ife-crisis-has-no-link-to-ethnicity-fg

6 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by Atiku2019: 5:22am On Mar 20, 2017
Peace cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by searchng4love: 5:23am On Mar 20, 2017
FriendNG It's the will of Allah.
Good morning mynd44
Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by gratiaeo(m): 5:29am On Mar 20, 2017
Deception. When some innocent people who don't know how the crisis was started were killed because they are hausa or yoruba.

22 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by FriendNG: 5:29am On Mar 20, 2017
Hahahaha. Who are you deceiving and you expected us to agree after what is practically on the ground.

It is not ethnic clash but Genocide on Hausa community. We know it.

ILe IFe: Hausa Did Not Kill Me Neither Attack Me-
Beheaded Man Resurrect (Video)

https://www.nairaland.com/3692098/ile-ife-hausa-did-not

5 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by Eddygourdo(m): 5:30am On Mar 20, 2017
Activities up north in the next six months will be proof of claims just made. Those with wisdom on affairs of this matter, understand what I have said and the time line I have given. When dealing with barbarians one should never anticipate forgiveness nor listen to speeches. Its wise to observe the actions of the aggrieved and possible inactions of those mandated to protect lives and property (religious and political leaders inclusive).

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by hucienda: 5:33am On Mar 20, 2017
Nigeria.

Sweeping things under the carpet ...

Since 1914.

31 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by searchng4love: 5:38am On Mar 20, 2017
FriendNG:
Hahahaha. Who are you deceiving and you expected us to agree after what is practically on the ground.

We don't. You are expected to behave. Cause any dissenting activities will be dealt with ruthlessly.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by FriendNG: 5:52am On Mar 20, 2017
searchng4love:

We don't. You are expected to behave. Cause any dissenting activities will be dealt with ruthlessly.

Have you finished searching for the love lost sheep

5 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by FriendNG: 5:53am On Mar 20, 2017
Trash

2 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by FriendNG: 5:53am On Mar 20, 2017
Mtsw

1 Like

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by searchng4love: 5:54am On Mar 20, 2017
FriendNG:

Have you finished searching for the love lost sheep
You have been warned. Those guys were just playing with you. Don't let them get serious.

10 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by FriendNG: 5:55am On Mar 20, 2017
searchng4love:

You have been warned. Those guys were just playing with you. Don't let them get serious.

And so??
Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by FriendNG: 5:59am On Mar 20, 2017
searchng4love akuya are you speechless? ^^^

1 Like

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by ycat: 6:01am On Mar 20, 2017
So why were only Yoruba arrested and moved to Abuja when there's police station in the area?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by freeze001(f): 6:36am On Mar 20, 2017
hucienda:
Nigeria.

Sweeping things under the carpet ...

Since 1914.

Honestly, I don't get it! They keep denying the obvious like all is beautiful and rosy yet they are the idiots n marabouts posing as leaders that will play the tribes against each other and exploit our ethnic differences.

25 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 20, 2017
But all the people arrested were yorubas

16 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by TimeManager(m): 6:54am On Mar 20, 2017
The killings wouldn't have been any strange in the US if there was an Hausa/fulani community in the US...

Being peaceful does no harm.

Truth is talking!
Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by Raphael81(m): 6:56am On Mar 20, 2017
It is an eye opener that nobody controls the monopoly of violence, the hypocrisy with this entity called Nigeria is that we are all hypocrites. Now everyone is crying genocide because they were affected, when some cowmen were busy or rather are still busy killing defenseless innocent people, nobody or even a traditional ruler has called them to order, even the insurgency that was artificially created, no group either ethnic or religious had mobilized themselves to protest against such senselessness, but if a person comes back from Congo or Britannica, you see thousands of hungry looking fellas carrying placards and wearing T-shirts crying and wailing loud that I stand with Mr/Mrs Shanu or Rago.... The moral of the Ife massacre is that if we continue keeping quiet then a day will come when people may be compelled to defend themselves against others who feel they control the monopoly of violence. May God bring peace to Ife and restore peace to the country as a whole. Ameen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by TimeManager(m): 6:58am On Mar 20, 2017
searchng4love:

Your only "low" is being a wailer. Never too late to jump off the bandwagon.
Kiss the truth!
Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by anibi9674: 7:27am On Mar 20, 2017
FriendNG:
searchng4love akuya are you speechless? ^^^
why are you so pained about the killings of your kinsmen. Abeg na how many worthless Hausa people deb even kill self way we no go here word.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by SurefireFashion: 7:31am On Mar 20, 2017
If you say so.
Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by disumusa: 7:38am On Mar 20, 2017
ycat:
So why were only Yoruba arrested and moved to Abuja when there's police station in the area?
who told you that
Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by vedaxcool(m): 7:50am On Mar 20, 2017
FriendNG:

It is not ethnic clash but Genocide on Hausa community. We know it.

He said that to manage tensions.... forgiveness is better than vengence don't take people on nairaland seriously they are mostly cowards who hide behind keyboard to say things they mostly lack the courage to say in public. Their pretense should be their burden to bear alone. A lot of decent and honest Yorubas have condemned the violence lets leave the faceless people on nairaland to be the brave cowards they always dream to be.

4 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by helinues: 7:53am On Mar 20, 2017
better oo
Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by Ojiofor: 8:13am On Mar 20, 2017
So Hausa/Fulani can bleed as well?
See wailing.

7 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by tonio2wo: 8:52am On Mar 20, 2017
Yes oh! It was purely economical!

Idiots!
Lying government.

2 Likes

Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by ogapatapata24: 8:54am On Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV2Ui4O2bzU

meanwhile

Pastor put in chains after he was caught in bed with church members wife
Re: Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG by Godprotectigbos(f): 8:54am On Mar 20, 2017
WHO CARES

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rains, Major Challenge To Power Transmission, Distribution – Fashola / Photo Of 200 Year-old Sefer Torah Arrived Igboland From Israel After Kanu Arrest / Tax Evasion: Reps Summon Trade Ministry, Over MTN ₦2.6trn Naira Waiver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.