Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? (12112 Views)

I Have 50k, What Phone Can I Buy With It? (good Battery, Ram And 4G) / What Phone Do You Use And How Long Does The Battery Last. / Which Mobile Phone Do You Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by fidek(m): 7:36am On Mar 21, 2017
Itel It5611
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Whizpeter(m): 7:38am On Mar 21, 2017
fidek:
Itel It5611
They are calling for animals with horns and a snail is coming out! undecided

3 Likes

Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by onyichick(f): 7:40am On Mar 21, 2017
buy GIONEE m5, I bought it in January n it's serving me really well. the battery life is super good.
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 21, 2017
Enyimbamercedes:
Nokia 3310...will last up to a month or buy a generator
Why una no Dey get sense for this Nairaland sef? Each time I read people comments to post on nairaland I feel sorry for Nigeria because, the citizens are just too dumb. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by davolas(m): 7:45am On Mar 21, 2017
bros just go for leagoo shark1,6300mah nd, u say gudbuy to nepa
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Enyimbamercedes: 7:50am On Mar 21, 2017
maxwell60:
Why una no Dey get sense for this Nairaland sef? Each time I read people comments to post on nairaland I feel sorry for Nigeria because, the citizens are just too dumb. Smh
I feel really sorry for you; staying on a leash for too long is affecting your reasoning.
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by vertueptime: 7:51am On Mar 21, 2017
Resign from ur firefighting job and apply for nepa, ur problems will be solved
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by ikorodureporta: 7:53am On Mar 21, 2017
Get alternative phones, so u dnt have to over-use only one.....
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by do4luv14(m): 7:56am On Mar 21, 2017
OP,

i wan close case for you,
av been observing the kinds of battery that come with phones dose days,

like, lilion, the weakes, lik pop, ever hear day,
lik polimar something like dat sha,

if you ask me go for GIONE that phone maker had been revolutionaries phone batteries continually
, plus its the best so far, hoo for it, forget dat its costly,

use what you have , to get what you want
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by fidek(m): 7:57am On Mar 21, 2017
Whizpeter:

They are calling for animals with horns and a snail is coming out! undecided

Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by BeardedTraveler: 7:58am On Mar 21, 2017
Oukitel k6000 pro, 6000maH battery
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Kondomatic(m): 8:01am On Mar 21, 2017
chicwoman:
Tecno L9 plus with 5000mAH battery will be good for you
5000mah on 6inch Android device won't lastly more than a day on normal use.
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Kondomatic(m): 8:05am On Mar 21, 2017
gentlegenius:
Op where have you been?
Tecno L5 has been saving us from epileptic power supply since 1890. The last time I charged mine was 3 days ago, yet I still have 30% now after browsing a lot and downloading/watching 2 movies. I'm not saying it's the Best but I'm sure L5 is the cheapest option we have right now with 5000mah powerful battery. But if you have More money to spend, I'll advice you to get Gionee m5. I don't think any other phone can withstand it's 6020mah superb battery life with fast charging technology.
How much is that L5 now?

I am considering Oukitel k6000 pro, it has the same battery capacity of M5
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by bigsmoke2(m): 8:07am On Mar 21, 2017
Gionee m6
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Abdstrakt(m): 8:10am On Mar 21, 2017
Tecno L9plus with 5000mah would be perfect for the One day on and 2days off.
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Olowo2015(m): 8:13am On Mar 21, 2017
Gionee M6 is the best option for you my brother
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by dallyemmy: 8:16am On Mar 21, 2017
Buy Nokia Torch
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Abdstrakt(m): 8:20am On Mar 21, 2017
Kondomatic:
5000mah on 6inch Android device won't lastly more than a day on normal use.
I think it's going a lot longer than 24 hours. It's 6inch but it's not FHD, the processor is power efficient plus other power as features that comes with Nougat. I see it lasting maybe 72 hours on normal usage. I get a day and half of normal usage on 2300mah.
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Kondomatic(m): 8:31am On Mar 21, 2017
Abdstrakt:

I think it's going a lot longer than 24 hours. It's 6inch but it's not FHD, the processor is power efficient plus other power as features that comes with Nougat. I see it lasting maybe 72 hours on normal usage. I get a day and half of normal usage on 2300mah.
gringringringringringrin.

72hrs on normal usage bro? and what's the SOT likely to be?
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by MizMyColi(f): 8:35am On Mar 21, 2017
Teespice:
Nokia touch light. trust me, they last more than 72 hours.

Nokia torch won't entertain him nau
Lol

Team Tecno Jarey
L9 plus for the mulla!
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by MizMyColi(f): 8:37am On Mar 21, 2017
Abdstrakt:

Kondomatic,

What is SOT Kwanu

Ehn ehn
Even Phantom 6 does not die like that.
How much more L9

Have you heard of Big LITTLE technology in SoCs of these days?
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Kondomatic(m): 8:51am On Mar 21, 2017
MizMyColi:

Kondomatic,

What is SOT Kwanu

Ehn ehn
Even Phantom 6 does not die like that.
How much more L9

Have you heard of Big LITTLE technology in SoCs of these days?
Screen On Time.

I believe the phone can last for a day+ or maybe two with 7-8hrs SOT but 72hrs?

Haba sister mi.

Remember, the longer the battery lasts, the shorter the SOT, eg you may get let's say 10hrs if you exhaust the battery within 24hrs but using it for 48hrs will record shorter SOT because other things will drain the battery when it's not in use.

There's no way this battery can last for 72hrs if you are active facebook, twitter, facebook, nairaland, watch movies and play games.
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by princetom1(m): 8:55am On Mar 21, 2017
Iamdemola:
Power supply in my area hasn't been friendly at all. From rotating it two days on, one day off, it has become one day on, two days off. Even on the day they should on for us, if PHCN gives light in at least 5hours of that 24hours of that day, glory be to God.

As a fire fighter, I go to work one day, then use two days as my off days. I need rest, but then there is hardly light for one to enjoy himself. My Lumia 540 with 2200mAh battery capacity hardly lasts 20hrs cos I am a heavy user and it takes eternity to charge to full.

I need a phone that can last the two days of my off duty days, please suggest.

cc lalasticlala, Mynd44

Let's know ur budget first. There are countless options out here. Zero ur mind away from all these tecno and gionee that will tear ur pocket. Let's know Ur budget first and features u need, maybe its rugged phones that looks bulky and can withstand any hardship, or just d battery. Between, what do u normally use ur phone for? Music? Movies? Browsing? Gaming? Receiving alot of calls like u are cc?
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by MizMyColi(f): 8:58am On Mar 21, 2017
Kondomatic:
Screen On Time.

I believe the phone can last for a day+ or maybe two with 7-8hrs SOT but 72hrs?

Haba sister mi.

Remember, the longer the battery lasts, the shorter the SOT, eg you may get let's say 10hrs if you exhaust the battery within 24hrs but using it for 48hrs will record shorter SOT because other things will drain the battery when it's not in use.

There's no way this battery can last for 72hrs if you are active facebook, twitter, facebook, nairaland, watch movies and play games.

You might be right o!
But let me get my hands on the device first and do test run
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by sonofthunder: 8:59am On Mar 21, 2017
Iamdemola:
Power supply in my area hasn't been friendly at all. From rotating it two days on, one day off, it has become one day on, two days off. Even on the day they should on for us, if PHCN gives light in at least 5hours of that 24hours of that day, glory be to God.

As a fire fighter, I go to work one day, then use two days as my off days. I need rest, but then there is hardly light for one to enjoy himself. My Lumia 540 with 2200mAh battery capacity hardly lasts 20hrs cos I am a heavy user and it takes eternity to charge to full.

I need a phone that can last the two days of my off duty days, please suggest.

cc lalasticlala, Mynd44
the new
Nokia 3310 now lasts a month...
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by MizMyColi(f): 8:59am On Mar 21, 2017
princetom1:

Let's know ur budget first. There are countless options out here. Zero ur mind away from all these tecno and gionee that will tear ur pocket. Let's know Ur budget first and features u need, maybe its rugged phones that looks bulky and can withstand any hardship, or just d battery. Between, what do u normally use ur phone for? Music? Movies? Browsing? Gaming? Receiving alot of calls like u are cc?

angry
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by NaWetinDey(m): 9:01am On Mar 21, 2017
Let me digress a bit (maybe for fun or to prick our consciences):

You are a firefighter, right?

1. You work just one day in three days and you are paid monthly salary, right?
Could this be why firefighters rarely come on time to save any burning buildings or cars - because most of you will then have to catwalk your way from your houses?
2. With whose money are firefighters paid to lazy about - working for a day and then having two days to themselves? It's just like saying that you just get paid for doing nothing (I pity your girlfriend/wife and your bed though). Even the country's president doesn't work just for ten days a month only to use the remaining twenty to 'janglova' about.
3. You say you are a heavy user, is your phone the firefighters' office or do you just use the two days out to three (as you lazy about to Nigeria's expense) to download and watch movies and then chat away from your bed's embrace? Just curious though.
4. Do you condemn the PHCN for now supplying you a day's power and two days' darkness; is that not exactly what you do to Nigeria and Nigerians as a firefighter: working a day (and if you even work up to 5 hrs - glory to God!) and resting for two?
I yam nut undastndin Nigeria again o!

Now I'm back. What were you saying again; a phone with durable battery time? Well, try the sweet Gionee. They got it covered. Several other phones are at this level too but it depends on your budget and on what you actually do with the phone. These determine which.
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 21, 2017
Get a nokia 3310 - the new release... it has 30 days battery life and it doesn't have 3g features and the rest so that you are not going to be on the internet.
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 21, 2017
rookidmart:
You can get the Oukitel 10000 for about ₦40,000 on AliExpress.
Or you can just get a power bank.
20,000 mAh is like ₦10,000 -12,000

Oukitel? Do they have after sales in Nigeria?
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Kondomatic(m): 9:15am On Mar 21, 2017
MizMyColi:

You might be right o!
But let me get my hands on the device first and do test run
Get a tech blog alreadygrin

That reminds me, have I told you that I have gotten my domain back?
Re: As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 21, 2017
NaWetinDey:
Let me digress a bit (maybe for fun or to prick our consciences):

You are a firefighter, right?

1. You work just one day in three days and you are paid monthly salary, right?
Could this be why firefighters rarely come on time to save any burning buildings or cars - because most of you will then have to catwalk your way from your houses?
2. With whose money are firefighters paid to lazy about - working for a day and then having two days to themselves? It's just like saying that you just get paid for doing nothing (I pity your girlfriend/wife and your bed though). Even the country's president doesn't work just for ten days a month only to use the remaining twenty to 'janglova' about.
3. You say you are a heavy user, is your phone the firefighters' office or do you just use the two days out to three (as you lazy about to Nigeria's expense) to download and watch movies and then chat away from your bed's embrace? Just curious though.
4. Do you condemn the PHCN for now supplying you a day's power and two days' darkness; is that not exactly what you do to Nigeria and Nigerians as a firefighter: working a day (and if you even work up to 5 hrs - glory to God!) and resting for two?
I yam nut undastndin Nigeria again o!

Now I'm back. What were you saying again; a phone with durable battery time? Well, try the sweet Gionee. They got it covered. Several other phones are at this level too but it depends on your budget and on what you actually do with the phone. These determine which.

It's unfortunate that we are ignorance of fire fighting in this sidevof the divide. Now let me address your ignorance a bit:

1. The work I do a day is enough to cover whatever you do in two months. Unfortunately, we think fire fighters are magicians to manufacture equipment and appliances to fight fire, not forgetting the absence of emergency roads in Nigeria.

2. Your point 2 is silly hence needs no reply.

3. Fire fighting skills daily improve, hence i need to keep myself updated, aside the entertainment.

4. You will never understand cos your ignorance.

Finally, thanks for your suggestion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get FREE MTN 2GB Data On Infinix Hot Note Phone -mymobnet! / Etisalat Are Cheats / Help Me Unlock My Glo Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.