Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity (3499 Views)

Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome / The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) / The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2009
Strange that your defense is of man and not God. But I forget the Pope is the representative of God on earth. The Vicar of the Son of God. You sit self-righteous claiming no-one stood against your "form" of christianity for 15 hundred years forgetting that those who history documents as doing so died at the stake, or were used for arrow target practice or boiled alive or had stones tied around their necks and drowned. Ever heard of the Dark ages and the inquisition?

If the catholics destroyed the so-called historical documents why didn't they destroy the scriptures or are trying to say that the scriptures were corrupted.I have said it before that the difference between the protestants and the muslims is that why muslims say the church and the scriptures were corrupted ,the protestants said the church was corrupted.

In truth ,the church cannot be corrupted leaving the scriptures untainted,if indeed the church was corrupted as you protestant s claim.Then the muslims will be right since the scrptures ought to be corrupted with them.

The bible made it clear that the apostles founded churches in Isreal,syria,egypt ,turkey,italy spain,Jordan,greece,macedonia,cyprus e.t.c you people want me to beleive that these churches all disapeared within a few decades without any traces?So in essence God could not even preserve any one of these churches abi?

Talking about the burning at the stakes and other cathoic atrocities are you protestants not equally guilty.Catholics were hounded and killed in protestant countries like England,scotland.,holland,protestant parts of Germany,sweden and other countries where the reformation was succeessfull.Martin Luther even advocated the killing of Jews saying "we are at fault in not slaying them".So talking about atrocities no denomination in christianity is exempted not even the pentecostals who arose in modern times

Mind you during these 1500 years ,the roman form of cathlicism was not the only form of catholicism that existed.In 451CE,at the council of chalcedon,countries like Armenia,Egypt and Armenia pulled out of the  roman catholic church. These churches called the oriental orthodox churches are sill in existence today.Also in 1054CE,eastern part of europe like russia,ukraine ,greece,turkey,romania,bulgaria e.t.c pulled out of the roman catholic church ,these churches called the eastern orthodox churches are also still in existence.There are about 300million members of these churches today and constitute the secnd largest denomination in christendom today.

So in the 500 years just before the reformation there were chuches operating independent of Rome.
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 26, 2009
even more to the point is that in the Gospels 'the Twelve' apostles included Judas; in which case, in as much as Peter recognized this fact in Acts 1:17, are you saying that Judas was one of the names of the apostles in Revelation 21:14

did you not read in the first chapter of acts that judas was replaced with mathatias ,even two people was nominated and only one was chosen just to make up that number.

~ Revelation is not speaking literally but rather symbolically; so there's no reason to think that there were literally twelve apostles, otherwise also in that Revelation 21 we should say that the Lamb is to literally marry a city according to verse 9 and 10

should we also say Jesus was speaking symbolically im mattew 19:28 when he said to the twelve

And Jesus said to them, Truly I say to you, That you which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, you also shall sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The number twelve is definite.Mind you am not trying to belitle the personality of St Paul of tarsus or his tremendous contribution to christianity.St Paul was a great man of God and among the greatest figures in christian history,but that should not mean he was among the twelve.Remember during the election of mattatias to replace Judas it was stated that the person that was to be chosen must be one who had been with them even during the time of Jesus.

To summarize ,Jesus had many disciples but only twelve apostles
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2009
I had half hoped the specific last three posters wouldn't notice this little altercation. One thing that gets under my skin is men worshiping other men and human institutions

The Roman catholic church is not a human institution.That's why it has survived for 2000 years now .The institutions that are human are the ones that came afterward.

The catholic church has a divine origin.
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by viaro: 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2009
chukwudi44:

did you not read in the first chapter of acts that judas was replaced with mathatias ,even two people was nominated and only one was chosen just to make up that number.

chukwudi44, I read and very well understand Acts 1:23 & 26. Yet, that still leaves the question unanswered as to Peter's own acknowledgement in Acts 1:17 that Judas was 'numbered among us'.

You often assume that others who discuss subjects like this are ignorant of what you think; if only you could be a little more accommodating to see that you don't have a clue what they already know - such as would make your own arguments a sorry tale.

Besides all that, the fact that Paul and Barnabas were called 'apostles' in Acts 14;14 shows clearly that there were more than twelve apostles in the Body of Christ: adding those two to the twelve would bring the number to fourteen - not to mention several other apostles besides. So what is the use of your further argument that goes nowhere? Are you trying to re-write the Acts and deny what is said in Acts 14:14?

should we also say Jesus was speaking symbolically im mattew 19:28 when he said to the twelve

That is interesting - and I was waiting for you to cough further before I quote Matthew 19:28. . . but you anticpated me. Good one. Now notice that Matthew 19:28 has no reference whatsoever to Matthias who was chosen in Acts 1:26. If we are to follow your own literal application to these texts, then Matthias would not be sitting on any throne, but it would be rather Judas who should sit on the throne with the Eleven apostles to judge the Twelve tribes of Israel.

What you don't understand here is that Matthew 19:28 ('ye which have followed me, . . ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones') was spoken by the Lord Jesus Christ when Judas was still among the Twelve and Matthias was not even numbered among them! In Acts 1:17, Peter acknowledged that Judas was numbered among the Twelve! If you want a literal application to Matthew 19:28, please don't cheat Judas out of the list - it would be fair to use that same literalism to acknowledge that Judas has a throne among the eleven to judge the twelve tribes of Israel! cheesy That, my dear sir, is not viaro's argument at all - but you're at pains to cover up and deny that there are more than twelve apostles in the Body of Christ, not even when I had pointed out Acts 14:14.

The number twelve is definite.

Was Judas not among that 'definite' twelve when Jesus spoke to them in Matthew 19:28? Was Matthias already numbered among them when Jesus made that promise?

Mind you am not trying to belitle the personality of St Paul of tarsus or his tremendous contribution to christianity.St Paul was a great man of God and among the greatest figures in christian history,but that should not mean he was among the twelve.

Have you not noticed? No one here is arguing that Paul was among the Twelve - we have said so already. See -

[list]
viaro:

(a) Paul was not among the Twelve

(b) Paul was not an apostle

The first statement in (a) above is true, that Paul was not numbered among the Twelve.

nuclearboy:

Finally yes, Paul was not among the 12. Judas Iscariot was the 12th . . .
[/list]

. . . we have already made the acknowledgement that Paul was not among the Twelve - but that does not wipe out the OBVIOUS fact that Paul and Barnabas were called apostles in Acts 14:14 - which is an example that clearly shows us that there are more than twelve apostles in the Body of Christ, since adding those two would bring the number to fourteen!

Remember during the election of mattatias to replace Judas it was stated that the person that was to be chosen must be one who had been with them even during the time of Jesus.

Besides the Twelve, there were more than Matthias that had been with them during the time of Jesus - Acts 1:23 shows us that both Matthias and Joseph (called Barsabas) were among such. Have you taken the time to know why Jesus chose just Twelve apostles specifically, even though there were up to seventy that He appointed at one time during His ministry (Luke 10:1 & 17)? Were those seventy not also with Jesus during His time?

To summarize ,Jesus had many disciples but only twelve apostles

False - I've shown that there are more than twelve apostles, or Acts 14:14 should not be in your Bible.
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by viaro: 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2009
chukwudi44:

The Roman catholic church is not a human institution.That's why it has survived for 2000 years now .The institutions that are human are the ones that came afterward.

If that argument stands, your Catholic institution is a new comer - Zoroastrianism is far older than Catholicism. Please stop using these very, very puerile arguments as crutches to defend what you cannot defend, especially when you're at pains to deny what is written in your own Bible (remember Acts 14:14?).
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2009
The beauty of this conversation is that our readers can see why there are many "christianities". As I have earlier said and still maintain, God is not the problem. Neither is Christianity. However, some people would sit on thrones at any cost. Enter the combination of state and power. Why do you not provide us another example in history where any system held such claim of state and divinity yet emanated from God. Nebuchadnezzar? Alexander? The Caesars? Attila the Hun? You can't Bro, but you are showing us your "form".

The only problem I still see is your newly broadcast claim of the divine nature of the RCC. I'm surprised an educated person would suggest that longevity translates to Divinity. Take a look at Satan, Chukwudi44 and consider he has been around at least 6,000 years. Is He too Divine/of God?

Let me use the bible to explain your RCC. "One of the heads seemed to have a fatal wound, but the fatal wound was healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked 'Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him'" Rev 13:3 & 4. After Bertier the French General pulled the pope off his throne in the 18th century and had him quartered, the idea was that the RCC was dead. Enter the early 20th century and it was resuscitated. All that simply brings to fulfillment a prophecy. Your only claim to divinity is that it lasted 2000 years. Doesn't the above explain it away? I'd rather be mortal and truly affiliated to God than an infernal damned immortal "mortal". At least the Apostles were mortal and never claimed the divinity you now ascribe to your "form".
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2009
@viaro

I would not want to further discuss the apostolicity of Paul as it had no importance either in this thread or the formation of the RCC.

If that argument stands, your Catholic institution is a new comer - Zoroastrianism is far older than Catholicism. Please stop using these very, very puerile arguments as crutches to defend what you cannot defend, especially when you're at pains to deny what is written in your own Bible (remember Acts 14:14?).

viaro viaro viaro !!! how many times did I call you,is zoroastrianism older than judaism ?,I never claimed that the RCC is the oldest religion in the world ,All I was trying to say is that it is the longest surving christian organisation in the world.

It is apostolic in orgin,even surviving apostolic churches like the oriental and eastern orthodox churches broke away from it.The catholic church virtually decided the shape of christianity today.

The Bible clearly stated that churches were founded in a no of countries like Isreal,Egypt,turkey,greece,macedonia,jordan,syria,armenia,spain ,italy e.t.c what happened to these churches? .How did they disapear within a few decades and where in the scripture were that prophesied?

how come it was the so called apostate church that was left to defend the faith and decide the canon
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2009
Let me use the bible to explain your RCC. "One of the heads seemed to have a fatal wound, but the fatal wound was healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked 'Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him'" Rev 13:3 & 4. After Bertier the French General pulled the pope off his throne in the 18th century and had him quartered, the idea was that the RCC was dead. Enter the early 20th century and it was resuscitated. All that simply brings to fulfillment a prophecy. Your only claim to divinity is that it lasted 2000 years. Doesn't the above explain it away? I'd rather be mortal and truly affiliated to God than an infernal damned immortal "mortal". At least the Apostles were mortal and never claimed the divinity you now ascribe to your "form".

If I say yore a fool it would not be an insult but rather a fact,the same RCC that was allegedly exposed in the books of Revelation was the one that decided the canon and included the book of Revelation in it. Do you reason at all ?Did you know the book of revelation almost didn't make the canon,even after it's canonisation people like martin tried in vain to have it removed,it was this same RCC that fought to have it in the canon

[i]Initially Luther had a low view of the books of Esther, Hebrews, James, Jude, and Revelation. He called the Epistle of James "an epistle of straw," finding little in it that pointed to Christ and His saving work. [b]He also had harsh words for the book of Revelation, saying that he could "in no way detect that the Holy Spirit produced it."[[/[/b]i]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Bible

pope Paul VI was not the first pope to be harrased or even killed .Most of the popes in the first 300 years were killed. Even the death of pope paul VI never slowed down the catholic church in the 18th century

Your problem is that you hve made up your mind in the negative direction about the RCC.What about the atrocities committed by protestants after the reformation.

Protestants were killing roman catholic s and even killing their fellow protestants.
catholics vs lutherans, lutherans vs anabaptist e.t.c.Why don't you talk about the thirty years war and other atrocities pepetrated by protestants? does that now mean that christianity is an apostate religion.

Martin luther wrote one of the worst anti-semitic literature the world has ever seen.His work on the jews and their lies inspired the worst genocie in human history-the holocaust.
Luther advocated an eight-point plan to get rid of the Jews either by religious conversion or by expulsion:

"[i]First to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them. , "
"Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. , "
"Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them. , "
"Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb. , "
"Fifth, I advise that safe-conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews. , "
"Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them. , Such money should now be used in , the following [way], Whenever a Jew is sincerely converted, he should be handed [a certain amount], "
"Seventh, I commend putting a flail, an ax, a hoe, a spade, a distaff, or a spindle into the hands of young, strong Jews and Jewesses and letting them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow, For it is not fitting that they should let us accursed Goyim toil in the sweat of our faces while they, the holy people, idle away their time behind the stove, feasting and farting, and on top of all, boasting blasphemously of their lordship over the Christians by means of our sweat. No, one should toss out these lazy rogues by the seat of their pants."
"If we wish to wash our hands of the Jews' blasphemy and not share in their guilt, we have to part company with them. They must be driven from our country" and "we must drive the[/i]m out like mad dogs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies

No christian sect is immune from scandals in the history not even the new one that are only a few decades old.
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by viaro: 6:01pm On Dec 26, 2009
chukwudi44:

@viaro

I would not want to further discuss the apostolicity of Paul as it had no importance either in this thread or the formation of the RCC.

Okay sir.

viaro viaro viaro !!! how many times did I call you,

Em. . I'm still counting undecided . . it may take another 24 hrs before my stupor clears from the carbonated drinks! grin

is zoroastrianism older than judaism ?,I never claimed that the RCC is the oldest religion in the world ,All I was trying to say is that it is the longest surving christian organisation in the world.

I don't know if the RCC is the longest surviving 'Christian organization' in the world. But I shall let it be.
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 6:15pm On Dec 26, 2009
Do you know why all the quotes that defend your "form" are so readily available to you? Because rather than the Word of God, you have fed on the Word of your form of "christianity"? Every argument that tries (yet fails) to portray the RCC in a perfumed light as in your arsenal. Why can't you use the Word of God to defend yourself except Matt 27 for Matt 13? You speak of my quote as though your "Canon choosers" had a spirit that could discern the truth? When was the Bible put together? When did reality make it obvious a prophecy had been fulfilled? Why can't you do the math?

And now you present wikipedia and wikipedia and again wikipedia as the Holy Infallible scriptures to defend the lies you were fed and brought up on and then confirm the murderous pedigree of your "form" by not only calling a dissenting voice a fool but then judging that you are right. Since you claim your "form" is divine, I guess you also stand in the place of God.

Better wake up and face God rather than man. and leave the stories aside. Only point here worth both your while is if your "form" is following Jesus Christ's teachings of fulfilling the laws and seasons and times AND NOT adding to them?

Time to move ahead with this thread. You've served admirably well in passing the point across as to how Christianity has misrepresented by seekers of wealth, power and earthly power.
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2009
@nuclearboy

Do you know that the ancient Isrealis committed far more atrocties than the catholic church have ever done.

Of all the kings isreal had how many were faithful to God.Only David ,Solomon,hezekiah,Josiah and a few others more than 80% of them were worshippers of baal and committed countless atrocities.Does that mean they weren't the chosen race ?

Whether you like it or not no religious sect in history is free from scandals.Not even you holier than thou protestants.

Insert Quote

Do you know why all the quotes that defend your "form" are so readily available to you? Because rather than the Word of God, you have fed on the Word of your form of "christianity"? Every argument that tries (yet fails) to portray the RCC in a perfumed light as in your arsenal. Why can't you use the Word of God to defend yourself except Matt 27 for Matt 13? You speak of my quote as though your "Canon choosers" had a spirit that could discern the truth? When was the Bible put together? When did reality make it obvious a prophecy had been fulfilled? Why can't you do the math?

And now you present wikipedia and wikipedia and again wikipedia as the Holy Infallible scriptures to defend the lies you were fed and brought up on and then confirm the murderous pedigree of your "form" by not only calling a dissenting voice a fool but then judging that you are right. Since you claim your "form" is divine, I guess you also stand in the place of God.

Better wake up and face God rather than man. and leave the stories aside. Only point here worth both your while is if your "form" is following Jesus Christ's teachings of fulfilling the laws and seasons and times AND NOT adding to them?

Time to move ahead with this thread. You've served admirably well in passing the point across as to how Christianity has misrepresented by seekers of wealth, power and earthly power

If I had any doubts you re a fool this just confirmed it.You arguments are just baseless and borne out of intense hatred for the RCC.

I have bad news for you,the RCC is still kicking and not showing any sign of slowing down.It is going to outlive you and your generation.(that is if you will have any)
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2009
Its regrettable people see truth as hatred. You don't even deny your atrocities (obviously you can't) but rather justify them by pointing out the faults of others. Were I to call you a fool now, could I justify that before the Lord who said that was tantamount to murder by saying you did it 2ce? But then, you are of your father, Satan the Pope, so you needs must be murderous and hope your hatred will kill me and mine.

My generation is of those who serve God not human institutions who try to change the laws, seasons and purposes of God. When we exist no more, the moon, sun and stars will no longer give their light

You've served your purpose here. Go play elsewhere.
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 26, 2009
Insert Quote
Its regrettable people see truth as hatred. You don't even deny your atrocities (obviously you can't) but rather justify them by pointing out the faults of others. Were I to call you a fool now, could I justify that before the Lord who said that was tantamount to murder by saying you did it 2ce?

You've served your purpose here. Go play elsewhere. And my generation is of those who serve God not human institutions who try to change the laws, seasons and purposes of God. When we exist no more, the moon, sun and stars will no longer give their light

I sill insist you are a fool and a big one for that matter.Since the RCC is corrupt a s you said why don't you reject all the heritage you inherited from them including the bible.

by the way were in the scripture was it written that mattew,mark,luke or John wrote any gospels .Was it not the same cathlic church that named this gospels.If you don't beleive in the divinity of the church why don't you reject these books .

Even books like hebrews almost didnt make it because of confusion over it's authourship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antilegomena
Whether you like it or not the RCC virtually decided basic christian doctrines in place today.No other christian denomination in history has contributed so much to the faith like the RCC.

If you came to this website expecting to have afree reign dishing out lies about the church ,then you re in for a big shocker
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 7:42pm On Dec 26, 2009
When God allowed Satan to test Job, He had a purpose. Same with when Jesus was nailed to the cross. Yet in your blind devotion, you do not see God's hand behind the putting together of the Bible and claim it belongs to the RCC. You are very wise! Same for the naming of the "gospels". What you do not realize is that just as satan did not become "godly" when he "arranged Job's trials and the crucifixion of Jesus, the RCC does not have claim to divinity or godliness because it put together the books in today's Bibles. Or we could put it thus: The RCC is as godly for putting together the Bible as Satan is for killing Jesus and bringing the purpose of God into reality.

Satan has always been a tool in God's hands. Its after the fact that he usually realizes he's been outwitted yet again and then he goes berserk yelling insults, killing people and making noise. That is why I will not bother to call you names. Its obvious you're carrying multiple demons which have taken over the faculties in you that would otherwise have made you realize you've played so well into this threads purpose and shown everyone what drives you is power, lust and anger. You show no maturity, manners or upbringing. Rather, your demeanor is that of a demon whipped by Angels and who, needing to express its anger, bites itself in the arm to show its manliness.

Now I command you, bark some more
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Yisraylite(m): 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ nuclearboy

Do I sense a tinge of hypocrisy and self righteousness here? shocked

That is why I will not bother to call you names. Its obvious you're carrying multiple demons which have taken over the faculties in you that would otherwise have made you realize you've played so well into this threads purpose and shown everyone what drives you is power, lust and anger. You show no maturity, manners or upbringing. Rather, your demeanor is that of a demon whipped by Angels and who, needing to express its anger, bites itself in the arm to show its manliness.

All this after you finished insulting me in another thread WOw! your Jesus sure is teaching you how to love, this is the kind of love I never want to know or have, I wonder whose the angry one here you or chukwudi44
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2009
You flatter and celebrate me!

So now you go around seeking my posts? You call Jesus fake, claim the NT is a fake and then when I suggest the impetus is cheap brandy, you follow me around and claim redress for insults real and imagined!

I wonder what in my posts is so important that you leave your empty life to follow me around seeking that I continue to converse with you. Anyways, welcome to this thread. Now the one claiming his "form" of Christianity created the Bible, named the books therein and is Divine is in touch with the one that claims all of those books and the system behind them are a lie.

But I wager none of you will notice the other who ought be your natural enemy. Its true apostolic belief that will come under attack. So join forces and prove that Christianity's greatest enemies wear the robe and answer the name whist denying the essence.

Let the barking begin
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Yisraylite(m): 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2009
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bro you're simply a fraud! don't be mad cos you got busted grin grin

Who ever told you I was a christian, liar! liar ! pants on fire grin grin grin

Both you and Chukwudi44 are Christians at each other's throats, Wow! sounds like the christian love to me  shocked cheesy
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2009
That was rather obvious from the onset.

A Christian wouldn't deny Christ, would he? That was why I sounded you out by calling you "Jew" or your memory doesn't serve you that far back? Whatever you call yourself, Christian cannot be applied to you.

Also, Chukwudi44 isn't a Christian. He's a Catholic, a son of that church. Which is why I said you'd join forces.

Isn't it instructive that its Christ that is always the problem. Maybe cos you all have the same father, the original liar!

[s]Funny you speak of busting, fraud and lies. That is the trademark of your guiding spirit.[/s]
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Yisraylite(m): 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2009
@nuclearboy

That was rather obvious from the onset.

A Christian wouldn't deny Christ, would he? That was why I sounded you out by calling you "Jew" or your memory doesn't serve you that far back? Whatever you call yourself, Christian cannot be applied to you.

Also, Chukwudi44 isn't a Christian. He's a Catholic, a son of that church. Which is why I said you'd join forces.

Isn't it instructive that its Christ that is always the problem. Maybe cos you all have the same father, the original liar!

Funny you speak of busting, fraud and lies. That is the trademark of your guiding spirit.

grin grin grin grin Your attempt at a comeback are rather pathetic cool and you be insulting me by calling a Christian grin

Silly Guy,It's quite typical for a Christian to try and classify people, Bro you can call me whatever, and it still won't make a difference to me, but when you curse YHWH, my Father its going be your backside

Mal 2:2 If you will not hear, And if you will not take it to heart, To give glory to My Name," Says YAHAWAH of hosts, "I will send a curse upon you, And I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have cursed them already, because you do not take it to heart.

You need to show Chukwudi44 some respect, Cos  he belongs to the Mother Church, the original Christians whose Vatican came up with everything you believe in Today and regard as holy doctrine, from the immaculate conception to the crucifixtion.  You are under the authority of the  Holy Roman Catholic church ,but still too daft to realize it

31 Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!

"The Catholic Church for over one thousand years before the existence of a Protestant, by virtue of her Divine mission, changed the day [of worship] from Saturday to Sunday. ,  The Christian Sabbath is therefore to this day the acknowledged offspring of the Catholic Church, as Spouse of the Holy Ghost, without a word of remonstrance from the Protestant world." Editorial, The Catholic Mirror (Baltimore), September 23, 1893.

By the way what version of chritianity do you subscribe to? grin
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 10:55pm On Dec 26, 2009
Comeback? Curse God? People classification? Sunday?! Respect for RCC? Seems throwing everything plus your obvious physical disabilites and the waste your mind so readily conjures up makes you feel manly and believe you've reached an imaginary audience! Was a time I felt there was more to you but you are trying very hard and succeeding in showing your emptiness.

You give the impression that you're content with the belief system you have. Why then show so much vituperation at everyone? Your past posts show not much more than an immature probably impotent guy reduced to getting his kicks from being a nuisance. You'd probably fit the profile of a serial rapist. Not one single post in your infamous past here provides any link to more than a sick desire to annoy, infuriate and get under the skin of others. Since I now am target, you support Chukwudi44. Yet, the same guy was a target for you prior to now.

You stand for nothing and like nothing, you get nowhere. In sincerity though, your nuisance level here has been commendable. Better get on your knees and ask your impotence be cured! With renewed manliness will come a smile and zest for life
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Yisraylite(m): 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2009
@nuclearboy

grin grin grin grin grin everyone can openly see you for who you are,  you must be some kind of homosexual to bring impotence and what not into the conversation, thinking of another man sex life wow what ah flaming batty man! No other way out? maybe cos you're getting the snot kicked right out of you? looks like despiration to me undecided tongue

I guess standing for the Truth in your estimation is showing vituperation, wow you're really more pitiful than I thought, that's that  pride Bro It's amazing what it can do to people's egos, when you can't find any facts to stand on, you automatically result to cheap insults  cool

It's really easy to be a bad man behind your computer screen, talking all that shit, oh well that's your choice, I bet if you met me on the streets you would definitely rethink your strategies with your weak ass  cool

The true mark of a real man is to know when he is wrong and make right with his brother or sister, I guess your Jesus never thought you that lesson . oh well your choice, so from now on I 'm gonna hunt you on nairaland till you're destroyed, so you better be weary of your every post silly little kid undecided

NB no amount of calling on Jesus is gonna help you get out of this one

LMAO!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 8:29am On Dec 27, 2009
@yisraylite:

Okay, so now I am your life.

To help, you'll find me at AUTOS, RELIGION and BUSINESS.
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 8:56am On Dec 27, 2009
Before you leave this page, start your "persecution" thus

No more smileys. No more sarcasm. No more insults. Lets now use your TRUTH if indeed it is truth and doesn't require crutches to make you feel good

Prove that your last quote - Mal 2:2 "If you will not hear, And if you will not take it to heart, To give glory to My Name," Says YAHAWAH of hosts, "I will send a curse upon you, And I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have cursed them already, because you do not take it to heart." does not refer to Jesus.

The one thing I expect is for you to ask where the name Jesus Christ appears in the OT or in that quote. Don't try that except if you can show me YAHAWAH in Jhn 6:54. Lets see you apply your rules to yourself

As you are wont to say,

Salamah
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Yisraylite(m): 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ nuclearboy
@yisraylite:

Okay, so now I am your life.

To help, you'll find me at AUTOS, RELIGION and BUSINESS.

Yeap! Bro I'm on you like stew on rice! untill you come home to YAHAWAH your Father's House  cool

Yer 6:10 To whom shall I speak and give warning, That they may hear? Indeed their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot give heed. Behold, the LAW of YAHAWAH is a reproach to them; They have no delight in it

Eze 18:21   "But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says YAHAWAH. "Therefore turn and live!" 

Bro's turn away from the Roman catholic vatican created Jesus the Son of God and Mary the mother of God AND LIVE !!!!

Salamah!!! cheesy
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Yisraylite(m): 3:42pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ nuclearboy

Before you leave this page, start your "persecution" thus

No more smileys. No more sarcasm. No more insults. Lets now use your TRUTH if indeed it is truth and doesn't require crutches to make you feel good

Prove that your last quote - Mal 2:2 "If you will not hear, And if you will not take it to heart, To give glory to My Name," Says YAHAWAH of hosts, "I will send a curse upon you, And I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have cursed them already, because you do not take it to heart." does not refer to Jesus.

The one thing I expect is for you to ask where the name Jesus Christ appears in the OT or in that quote. Don't try that except if you can show me YAHAWAH in Jhn 6:54. Lets see you apply your rules to yourself

As you are wont to say,

Salamah

Yaramyah (Jeremiah) 23:26-27 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophecy lies? Yea, they are Prophets of deceit of their own heart (Jer 17:9)  which think to cause My people to Forget My NAME  YAHAWAH(YHWH)  by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers have forgotten My NAME for BA’-AL.( LORD)

Ex 3:6 Moreover He said, "'AYAH (I AM) The FATHER of your father-- The FATHER of Abraham, The FATHER of Yahtzak(Isaac), and The FATHER of Yahqob(Jacob)." And Masha (Moses) hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon YAHAWAH

Ex 3:13 Then Masha (Moses) said to YAHAWAH, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Yisrayl and say to them, The FATHER of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?"

The meaning of The Creator's NAME YAHAWAH (YHWH) can be found in the Book of Exodus (Wa-alah Shamot) Chapter 3:14

AYAH ASHAR AYAH in Amharic or Ancient Hebrew– I AM WHO I AM AND I CAUSE TO BE WHAT WILL BE

Ex 3:14 And YAHAWAH said to Masha (Moses) "AYAH ASHAR AYAH (I AM WHO I AM AND I CAUSE TO BE WHAT WILL BE)." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Yisrayl, 'AYAH (I AM) has sent me to you.' " 

Ex 3:15 Moreover YAHAWAH said to Masha(Moses), "Thus you shall say to the children of Yisrayl: YAHAWAH The FATHER of your fathers, The FATHER of Abraham, The FATHER of Yahtzak, and The FATHER of Yahqob, has sent me to you. This is My NAME forever, and this is My memorial to all generations

Bros NO JESUS in Here!

Does the Letter “J” exist in Hebrew, Latin or Greek?

The answer to this question is no. In fact, there was no letter ‘J’ in  any language prior to the 14th century in England. The letter did not become widely used until the 17th century.

The Encyclopedia Americana contains the following quote on the J: “The form of ‘J’ was unknown in any alphabet until the 14th century. Either symbol (J,I) used initially generally had the consonantal sound of Y as in year. Gradually, the two symbols (J,l) were differentiated, the J usually acquiring consonantal force and thus becoming regarded as a consonant, and the I becoming a vowel.

It was not until 1630 that the differentiation became general in England.” Note in the original 1611 version of the King James Version of the Bible there was no “J” letter in this Bible for because it did not exist. James was spelled Iames. Jesus was spelled Iesous.

In the Hebrew alphabet there is no J letter or sound and it is shown follow: Read form right to left.”

In the King James Version of the Bible,  Psalm 68:4 clearly reveals  that the shortened  form of the Father’s name is “Jah.”  King David writes: “Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name JAH…” Since there is no j in Hebrew then “Jah” should be spelled Yah or Iah.

The error of changing Yah to Yeh is due to the manmade tradition of the Jewish priests. Their reverence for the holy name caused them to believe that it was too sacred to pronounce.  So they changed the vowel points from a to e in the Tetragrammaton YHWH. This changes the pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton. The letter “a” was the correct vowel to be inserted between the YH obtaining YaH.
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by aletheia(m): 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2009
chukwudi44:

It is apostolic in orgin,even surviving apostolic churches like the oriental and eastern orthodox churches broke away from it.The catholic church virtually decided the shape of christianity today.
Yeah. . .the shape of christianity. One quick question for you:
1. Who was the first "pontifex maximus?"
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2009
Yisraylite:

And I'm onto you like white on rice. Go figure!

Now, substitute Yeshua (Jesus) for YAHAWAH in every one of your torah quotes! The idea is that Yeshua/YAHAWAH chooses how He manifests. Have you done that? Lets see you now prove the names are not interchangable. John 1:1 says they are. Satan's only problem with anything is Jesus and a valid means of salvation. Argue your daddy's case! cheesy
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Yisraylite(m): 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ nuclearboy

And I'm onto you like white on rice. Go figure!

Now, substitute Yeshua (Jesus) for YAHAWAH in every one of your torah quotes! The idea is that Yeshua/YAHAWAH chooses how He manifests. Have you done that? Lets see you now prove the names are not interchangable. John 1:1 says they are. Satan's only problem with anything is Jesus and a valid means of salvation. Argue your daddy's case

Common  grin I thought you could really do better than that
The idea is that Yeshua/YAHAWAH chooses how He manifests

Wow!! without much shame you openly parade your ignorance and lack of understanding shocked

Num 23:19   YAHAWAH is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

1Sa 15:29  And also the Strength of Yisrayl will not lie nor relent. For AYAH (I AM) is not a man, that He should relent."

Your ficticious Jesus was a man/god who was murdered by his own creation wow!!

You should ceckout this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-372231.0.html#msg5194404

It was Pope Leo X who made the most infamous and damaging statement about Christianity in the history of the Church. His declaration revealed to the world papal knowledge of the Vatican's false presentation of Jesus Christ and unashamedly exposed the puerile nature of the Christian religion. At a lavish Good Friday banquet in the Vatican in 1514, and in the company of "seven intimates" (Annales Ecclesiastici, Caesar Baronius, Folio Antwerp, 1597, tome 14), Leo made an amazing announcement that the Church has since tried hard to invalidate.

Raising a chalice of wine into the air, Pope Leo toasted:

"How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us and our predecessors."

grin grin grin one of the old leaders and Popes of your christian religion calls your belief a profitable superstition this fable of Christ  grin grin grin grin
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2009
Num 23:19 says He is not a man that should lie. Key word - LIE.

My post did not say He lied. It said He answered another name. Would you like other examples from the OT of differing names/titles applied to the same GOD? Your other point would be He was a man. But remember, whist I am reading your post, you are not the letters I'm seeing -they just represent you. Jehovah retains the right to represent Himself in whatever form He wishes. That does not make Him that form!

In effect, you've said and achieved nothing with your response. ANSWER MY QUESTION AND SHOW YOUR PROOF! Thats what I asked after answering your questions.

Calling a business man Leo a Christian because he was pope is like saying when you stand in a garage, you become a Cadillac. People go to church for different reasons and such reasons include prosperity and a search for power. Church BTW, is not necessarily where you find Christ.
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Yisraylite(m): 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2009
@ nuclearboy

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Num 23:19 says He is not a man that should lie. Key word - LIE.

My post did not say He lied. It said He answered another name. Would you like other examples from the OT of differing names/titles applied to the same GOD? Your other point would be He was a man. But remember, whist I am reading your post, you are not the letters I'm seeing -they just represent you. Jehovah retains the right to represent Himself in whatever form He wishes. That does not make Him that form!

Your Keyword is LIE, but don't forget The Creator says HE IS NOT A MAN, cos  MEN LIE!!!!, And in the Christian fable your Jesus was some kind of Superman  grin

Prove that your last quote - Mal 2:2 "If you will not hear, And if you will not take it to heart, To give glory to My Name," Says YAHAWAH of hosts, "I will send a curse upon you, And I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have cursed them already, because you do not take it to heart." does not refer to Jesus

I guess in your twisted mind Your Jesus and your God are ONE AND THE SAME! yet your Boy KunleOshob seems to disagree with you shocked shocked

KunleOshob (m)
Outer space

Re: The Incredible Gospel Of Jesus Christ [humanity's Greatest Quest]
« #9 on: December 23, 2009, 11:28 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@yisraylite
I have never claimed in any of my posts that Jesus is the creator, the bible is clear on him being the son of the almighty creator God whether you like it or not.

Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tithing scams thrive becos a few good christians fail to speak the truth

You guys should get your stories together, unless you believe in a different Jesus than he does,

Now let me see you wiggle out of this one from your own book:

Mat 24:36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 
Mar 13:32 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father

grin grin if your Jesus is the same as your God/Father, then He should have this information of when he is coming back
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by nuclearboy(m): 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2009
Where is the answer to my question? Is this supposed to be a way out of answering a question? tongue

The "OT" book of Isaiah in 7:14 and 9:6 details the birth of "a man" who also would be known as the Mighty God. Is the MIGHTY GOD superman or wait - oh maybe "Yisrael" is the Messiah. That would explain why people from Yisrael go around with halos over their pates and white doves attending to their every need! That answers your daft question.

So whose mind is twisted, boy? Mine for believing YAHAWAH or YAHAWAH who said the coming Messiah would be the MIGHTY GOD or you who say YAHAWAH doesn't know what He is saying? cheesy

Lets see your wriggling tactics at work. BTW, you still haven't wriggled out of the previous questions and you're not getting out of them. I added the above to overload your "senses" and show you a new perspective on reasons why you are "daftron", who shouts God and then in the next breath denies God.
Re: What Brought Us Here? A Defense Of Christianity by Yisraylite(m): 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2009
@ nuclearboy

Where is the answer to my question? Is this supposed to be a way out of answering a question? 

The "OT" book of Isaiah in 7:14 and 9:6 details the birth of "a man" who also would be known as the Mighty God. Is the MIGHTY GOD superman or wait - oh maybe "Yisrael" is the Messiah. That would explain why people from Yisrael go around with halos over their pates and white doves attending to their every need! That answers your daft question.

grin grin grin grin  you need to catch up silly kid! I already anwsered your question in a diff thread
The "OT" book of Isaiah in 7:14 and 9:6 details the birth of "a man" who also would be known as the Mighty God.
My Answer https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362105.160.html#msg5200812

You are right Yisrayl is the Messiah to the Nations,  tongue

Deu 4:6 Therefore be careful to observe [them]; for this [is] your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples who will hear all these statutes, and say, 'Surely this great nation [is] a wise and understanding people.' 

Deu 4:7 "For what great nation [is there] that has YAHAWAH [so] near to it, as YAHAWAH our FATHER [is] to us, for whatever [reason] we may call upon Him? 

Deu 4:8 And what great nation [is there] that has [such] statutes and righteous judgments as are in all this law which I set before you this day

Isa 49:1 "Listen, O coastlands, to Me(Yisra’yl), And take heed, you peoples from afar! YAHAWAH (YHWH) has called Me from the womb; From the matrix of My mother He has
made mention of My name (Yisra’yl).

Isa 49:2 And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword; In the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me, And made Me a polished shaft; In His quiver He has hidden Me."

Isa 49:3 "And HE (Yahawah) said to me, 'You are My Servant, O Yisra’yl, In whom I will be glorified

Isa 43:10   You (Yisra’yl)  are My witnesses, says YAHAWAH (YHWH), and My servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I Am He: before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isa 50:4 "YHWH(Yahawah) THE FATHER has given Me (Yisra’yl)The tongue of the learned, That I should know how to speak A word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear To hear as the learned.

Isa 63:12 Who led [them] by the right hand of Masha, With His glorious arm, Dividing the water before them To make for Himself an Everlasting NAME

I must get under your skin so much that you have to keep hurling insults at me, oh well YAHAWAH has given us choices ,your choice  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Danger Waiting For All Christians In The University / I Dare Every Religious Folks / EXPOSED! See What Adeboye Has Been Hiding From The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.