Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,351 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country (8552 Views)

Obasanjo: I Wish My Parents Didn’t Die Early / I Wish To Remind Nigerians That The Whistleblower Lines Are Available - BUHARI / Atiku Lists Some Of His Companies In Twitter Conversation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by Jokerman(m): 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2017
Do the churches and mosques stop thieves like Buhari, Gej, Ibb, Saraki, etc from building industries??

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by dabiko(m): 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2017
Eddygourdo:
This is the problem with nigeria, reading from the comments on this thread it becomes very clear, out of 200million, 199million are religious fools who take offence when their belief system is threatened by the truth, while the op is part of the 1million with senses.

Thanks for that view which I have held for many years to come, quote me anywhere nigeria just as western nation eventually did, will saturate themselves with religious centers and soon turn these worship centers to hotels and brothels. The country is suffering because people kkeep looking upwards for divine solutions to physical problems. Yet we wonder why nigeria is nowhere. Op don't be bothered by those efulefu speaking from their rectums to counter youe valid points. They are the poor and the problem of this nation. Imagine if all tithes throw into these churches were used a soft loans for sme growth. Nigeria would have been rid of all these petty problems thaat push the majority to churches.

The pastors and imams know this, thus for them it doesn't matter, the more the poverty a black man encounters the more growth in religious centers where he contributes 10percent of his meagre earnings in futile hope for redemption. How else do we define fantastically foolish and inferior beings
The point is does the presence of a religious house stop anyone, yourself inclusive from setting-up a factory?
Secondly, on the tithe you mentioned...Churches do not apply force to people for them to pay it. Yes, I agree with you we have a structural problem as regards development and other indices of human need, but these problems were not caused by religious organizations.

Hence, attacking churches based on your negative perception about them isn't gonna solve our problem as a nation. And for your information, US has as many church as we have in Nigeria.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by Eddygourdo(m): 9:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
dabiko:
The point is does the presence of religious house stop anyone, yourself inclusive from setting-up a factory?
Secondly, on the tithe you mentioned...Churches do not apply force to people for them to pay it. Yes, I agree with you we have a structural problem as regards development and other indices of human need, but these problems were not caused by religious organizations.

Hence, attacking churches based on your negative perception about them isn't gonna solve our problem as a nation. And for your information, US has as many church as we have in Nigeria.
how can people invest in sme growth when we feel sowing of seeds, tithing and all other rubbish people do aare a panacea for poverty. As long as people still view a divine solution to every of life's ills then we can never develop infrastructually.

The bane of capitalist growth is the private sector, how can that area grow when a majority of people are throwing money voluntarily into non productive religious centres. Very much akin to waiting for manna from heaven in terms of infrastrutural and industrial growth.

3 Likes

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by kolaaderin: 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2017
paschu:
Seriously o, is there any kind of religious profiling going on?

If not for mischief you should ask yourself if the presence of those churches stops you (or anyone else) from building a trillion factories.

So what's your headache about? Were all the churches built with public funds?

What funds was used then if we may ask.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by dabiko(m): 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
Eddygourdo:
how can people invest in sme growth when we feel sowing of seeds, tithing and all other rubbish people do aare a panacea for poverty. As long as people still view a divine solution to every of life's ills then we can never develop infrastructually.

The bane of capitalist growth is the private sector, how can that area grow when a majority of people are throwing money voluntarily into non productive religious centres. Very much akin to waiting for manna from heaven in terms of infrastrutural and industrial growth.
The issue there is; how does the religious organizations stop a governor or president from putting up critical infrastructure for our development?

See bro, the citizens of every nation are expected to elect leaders that will develop and empower them. But what do we have today? We have leaders that come into power just to steal our common wealth and invariably impoverish the citizenry.

Our major issue today, isn't religion rather lack of quality leaders.

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by Emycord: 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2017
Just watch how they will leave out the mosque and start talking against church only even christians . See as the useless op list all the churches in nigeria? You mean these are the only mosques you know? You want us to build factories when the only thing northern govt knows is how to sponsor pilgrimage to mecca
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by Eddygourdo(m): 10:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
dabiko:
The issue there is; how does the religious organizations stop a governor or president from putting up critical infrastructure for our development?

See bro, the citizens of every nation are expected to elect leaders that will develop and empower them. But what do we have today? We have leaders that come into power just to steal our common wealth and invariably impoverish the citizenry.

that is the problem, you expect government to do everything. Yes the govt is non existent, but the role of private people in nation building isn't being utilized. The churches are worth more than all multinationals in nigeria. Imagine tax free unaccounted revenue accruing to be a few people who claim to have the account number of the most high where they remit these monies.

The op is simply saying, if all these monies being concentrated in the hands of a non-producttive sector like religion was put as private contribution to nation building, most of the problems which we have today that makes a lot to run to these churches will be eraadicated.

2 Likes

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 10:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
Jokerman:
Do the churches and mosques stop thieves like Buhari, Gej, Ibb, Saraki, etc from building industries??
it seems you don't know how much these leaders donate to religious centers. Some single handedly will build a religious center and won't also build a factory.

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
Emycord:
Just watch how they will leave out the mosque and start talking against church only even christians . See as the useless op list all the churches in nigeria? You mean these are the only mosques you know? You want us to build factories when the only thing northern govt knows is how to sponsor pilgrimage to mecca
I listed mosque as well which is also a religious center and at the end I wrote 'add yours' please feel free to list more mosque I left out.

Your ending sentence means you are beginning to get the drift. So imagine if government spent money sponsoring scientist and engineers to developed countries to learn technology rather than attending a religious pilgrimage which benefits only the individual:

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 10:31pm On Mar 20, 2017
dabiko:

It does so greatly. When Nigeria got her independence, there was so much hope in the leadership of the country but after few years things started deteriorating and instead of the people to insist on building a vibrant, technologically and agriculturally advanced society we then sought for divine intervention ONLY about the societal problems. This was when most of the mega churches today started springing up to give 'hope' to the people since it seemed as if the government has failed.

The political and religious leaders know that people are focused on the divine intervention in areas of infrastructural and economic growth, so while the religious leaders focus on getting the little what the people have been able to get through tithes, seeds etc at the religious centres in order for it to be multiplied miraculously, the political leaders focus on feeding the people with crumbs which keeps them at bay and urge them to continue seeking divine attention to the societal issues because they make people believe it's not a physical one. There are cases where religious leaders will say that some sickness is not meant for the hospital, then why will the political leaders bother themselves about building health systems, since the religious leaders are there to perform the duties of the medical personnel.

I believe in supernatural healing but we can still pray in a well equipped hospital.

Countries like Brazil, Singapore who we started the journey of nationhood insisted in building a nation. Look at where they are today while we left our leaders to plunder the nation as they like and we sought for divine intervention in Power Generation, Water Supply, Agricultural produce, roads and rail network, educational and health institutions etc

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by donbene4(m): 10:37pm On Mar 20, 2017
Deeper life bible church and deeper life ministry are the same
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by untildotcom: 10:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
donbene4:
Deeper life bible church and deeper life ministry are the same
grin grin grin okay sir noted!
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by paschu: 10:42pm On Mar 20, 2017
Not even the US dares to tax churches that are registered as tax exempt.

So you can dream on. But as long as the free world remains, you cannot dictate policies for the church neither can you force them to convert their halls to factories. Just get that into your head.

Again, blaming the church (which has proven to be the catalyst for industrial and scientific revolution around the world) for Nigeria's failure is foolish.

Nigeria is failling simply becaise its political class has institutionalized injustice on a political structure that's designed for consumption rather than production.

That's not the church's fault.

And for your information, you cannot be seriously rich without being deeply spiritual. And you can take that to the bank.

Eddygourdo:
that is the problem, you expect government to do everything. Yes the govt is non existent, but the role of private people in nation building isn't being utilized. The churches are worth more than all multinationals in nigeria. Imagine tax free unaccounted revenue accruing to be a few people who claim to have the account number of the most high where they remit these monies.

The op is simply saying, if all these monies being concentrated in the hands of a non-producttive sector like religion was put as private contribution to nation building, most of the problems which we have today that makes a lot to run to these churches will be eraadicated.

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by Eddygourdo(m): 10:44pm On Mar 20, 2017
paschu:

So you can dream on. But as long as the free world remains, you cannot dictate policies for the church neither can you force them to convert their halls to factories. Just get that into your head.

Again, blaming the church (which has proven to be the catalyst for industrial and scientific revolution around the world) for Nigeria's failure is foolish.

Nigeria is failling simply becaise its political class has institutionalized injustice on a political structure that's designed for consumption rather than production.

And for your information, you cannot be seriously rich without being deeply spiritual. And you can take that to the bank.

its clear you are a religious warrior. I don't speak to such people because they are already beclouded by an ignorant bias based on their religious following. So have a great night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by paschu: 10:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
Of course you have nothing valid or realistic to tell me on this matter. All you've got is a pile of wishful thinking.

Eddygourdo:
its clear you are a religious warrior. I don't speak to such people because they are already beclouded by an ignorant bias based on their religious following. So have a great night.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by Eddygourdo(m): 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
paschu:
Of course you have nothing valid or realistic to tell me on this matter. All you've got is a pile of wishful thinking.

if I was to tell you anything, we won't sleep. Cos I will shake everything you hold to be true religiously and that will digress from the topic. For far you hold a bias , as your last statement posits. Its impossible to have an objective discourse with you. So why bother.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by paschu: 10:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
Only fools think there is no God.

Eddygourdo:
if I was to tell you anything, we won't sleep. Cos I will shake everything you hold to be true religiously and that will digress from the topic. For far you hold a bias , as your last statement posits. Its impossible to have an objective discourse with you. So why bother.

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by Eddygourdo(m): 11:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
paschu:
Only fools think there is no God.

do you see why I can't speak to you ? So quick you assumed my angle and went on the defensive. Well take care pastor.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by bodejohn(m): 11:33pm On Mar 20, 2017
The truth has no colour...

Some few years ago...I travelled to Canada and while I was busy looking for a place to worship...I saw many Canadians with boats strapped to their trucks...

After locating the church...I met a scanty auditorium...but guess what more than half were blacks.

That day...I found the problem with the black race...I don't argue with people who see nothing without looking through the religious lens...

When we speak about national issues and at the very point where we need to clearly define a course of action....someone will say let us continue to pray...and then everybody stops thinking...

Even God will be suprised at our stupidity!

2 Likes

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by dabiko(m): 11:39pm On Mar 20, 2017
Eddygourdo:

There you go again, please the church is not worth more than the multinationals we have in Nigeria. I believe you know where the bulk of our revenue comes from. It's definitely not from religious organization.

Yes, the role of private people in our country hasn't been fully utilized. How can you then blame these religious bodies for it. Dangote is the richest black man in the world and has created thousands of jobs across Nigeria and Africa. Did any religion stop him from setting-up his businesses which has added greatly to our GDP? No!
In your capacity as a citizen of this country, if you decide to empower the youths within your purview will any pastor or imam stop you from doing that? No!

In the course of my work I have been privileged to see the financial statement of some of the religious bodies the op mentioned and I know the figures aren't fantastic enough to bank-roll the key developmental indices we crave for.

The point is, you cannot separate how great a nation will be from her leaders. The likes of India, Singapore and US had leaders with great dream and goal that helped shape the landscape of their present clime. The leaders will have to take the lead then me and you will follow suit in making our nation great.

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by dabiko(m): 11:46pm On Mar 20, 2017
untildotcom:
It does so greatly. When Nigeria got her independence, there was so much hope in the leadership of the country but after few years things started deteriorating and instead of the people to insist on building a vibrant, technologically and agriculturally advanced society we then sought for divine intervention ONLY about the societal problems. This was when most of the mega churches today started springing up to give 'hope' to the people since it seemed as if the government has failed.

The political and religious leaders know that people are focused on the divine intervention in areas of infrastructural and economic growth, so while the religious leaders focus on submitting what people have been they've been able to, they are being asked to submit it at the religious centres in order for it to be multiplimiraculously the political leaders focus on feeding the people with crumbs which keeps them at bay and urge them to continue seeking divine attention to the societal issues because they make people believe it's not a physical one. There are cases where religious leaders will say that some sickness is not meant for the hospital. Why will the political leaders bother themselves about building health systems, since the religious leaders are there to perform the duties of the medical personnel.

I believe in supernatural healing but we can still pray in a well equipped hospital.

Countries like Brazil, Singapore who we started the journey of nationhood insisted in building a nation. Look at where they are today while we left are leaders to plunder the nation as they like and we sought for divine intervention in Power Generation, Water Supply, Agricultural produce, roads and rail network, educational and health institutions etc
Nice, the countries you mentioned had proactive and pragmatic leaders that made them what they are today. Did any religion stop them! No. We've got to confront our challenges as a nation and stop this blame game.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by wolexy2020(m): 1:12am On Mar 21, 2017
Nobody said religion is EVil and nobody is stopping you from worshipping God. The problem is Religion has been taken to the extreme by Nigerians and Africa in general. This is the bondage that the white man has instilled in us to keep us in check.

A Canadian once told me that if Nigerians build companies and manufacturing plants the way we build churches and mosques, Nigeria will be the leading country in the world. Majority of Nigerians are gullible.

Imagine a Nigerian having headache, just go to the hospital or get Aspirin, but the won't. They will drink anointing oil and wash their head with holy water and starting praying. Like it was said , God only help those who help themselves.
Nigerians have been brainwashed and it will take a very long time before we can be free from this bondage.

Churches build Universities for profit when their average member can't even afford the fees. I have had the privilege of going to church in other countries and I must tell you, Nigerian churches are scams. All they talk about is money money money.
If we continue talking about this cankerworm that has eaten deep into the fabric of our beloved Nigeria , it will take a long time .

This is my own opinion and I am entitled to it so don't quote me. If you have your own opinion about this issue, please say it.

3 Likes

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by EnkayDezign: 1:35am On Mar 21, 2017
OP your head dey dia!!

We would have been a sophisticated/formidable country. Unfortunately though cry
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by EnkayDezign: 1:38am On Mar 21, 2017
wolexy2020:
Nobody said religion is EVil and nobody is stopping you from worshipping God. The problem is Religion has been taken to the extreme by Nigerians and Africa in general. This is the bondage that the white man has instilled in us to keep us in check.

A Canadian once told me that if Nigerians build companies and manufacturing plants the way we build churches and mosques, Nigeria will be the leading country in the world. Majority of Nigerians are gullible.

True talk bro! Bondage from the White and Arab man! Don't forget about the arabs and their religion's dominance on a good populace of Africa.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by EnkayDezign: 1:42am On Mar 21, 2017
Alawe:
They are manufacturers of heavenly products. so we should be manufacturing products and dont serve God? this new trend of attack against serving God that's growing in nigeria now, i dont understand it.

It's a wake up call. There is no denying that religion is unnecessarily pre-occupying our minds from achieving greatness.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by EnkayDezign: 1:46am On Mar 21, 2017
untildotcom:
tell me the developed nation with more religious centers than Nigeria then we can continue.

For you information, those organizations you say are privately funded are not. They money from members some who may use public funds meant for the masses to build these religious centers.

Get my point, imagine those religious centers were manufacturing companies in one region in Nigeria

In every society there's always a correlation of how the society is wired and how basic institutions will function. We don't we have well equipped hospitals in Nigeria? This is because we focus on the supernatural healing. I'm not saying we shouldn't but why not have both. So tell me why any government will want to fix the health centres. How many health facilities have you visited in this country?

You won't understand there's no point debating with you

Please never relent in debating such issues, how else will you drive your point? This is a serious problem we're facing, and the sooner we address it the better it will be for our country.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by EnkayDezign: 2:37am On Mar 21, 2017
dabiko:

If I may ask you, who are the politicians best friends in Nigeria? Which sector endorses and publicly campaigns for the terrible leaders we have other than the religious bodies? How many Clerics have been/continue to be indicted for colluding with politicians to de-fraud Nigerians (Former governor Bafarawa was allegedly given millions of naira for prayers )?

Where were you when most of these clerics spew venom and hate (Just recently one was captured on video openly telling his fellowship to go and kill) in the minds of followers to cast division in their hearts, thereby ensuring there is no chance of peace to foster development?

All these and more ultimately point to one major culprit. Our BIGGEST PROBLEM is RELIGION!
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by EnkayDezign: 2:44am On Mar 21, 2017
untildotcom:
it seems you don't know how much these leaders donate to religious centers. Some single handedly will build a religious center and won't also build a factory.

Case in point was the former Chief of Air staff Mohammed Dikko. Amongst the charges leveled against him was the building of a mosque in one of the houses he built with stolen funds of the Air force.

1 Like

Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by EnkayDezign: 2:55am On Mar 21, 2017
paschu:

That statement my friend is controversial at best. Are you talking about the Church that was well known for persecuting famous scientists, and luminaries of medieval times? So much so that they had to go underground and form their societies of illuminati, and were subsequently labelled (again by the church) as devil worshippers. A mistaken identity that still follows the illuminati as we speak, they were in truth a society of luminaries and thinkers, the likes of galileo and da vinci? No, you must be confused
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by Nobody: 3:34am On Mar 21, 2017
untildotcom:
This is the funny mindset you folks are having, attacking my personality.

You too imagine if the same man started a factory, won't we have had those number of manufacturing companies and family religious groups?

Why is it that a lot of people choose to invest in religious centers than manufacturing because according to you it's an investment? That's there calling and interest.
Yes, investment. Investment of their life, time, ambitions. Adeboye and Kumuyi like some others are first class grads in math...yet they choose their calling. They choose to venture into a unknown adventures in their early 30s despite all what they invested to earn Ph.Ds. I think it is wicked for you to blame this ones for the choice they made. lot of them started with zero naira without any motive or promise of prosperity. They started what seem to be an empire now in the period when pastors were the poorest in the society. For every Oyedepo that ventured into starting a church there were 1000 that could have started manufacturing. Some if your colleagues/mates have started raising another tiny church again... It is now your own time to also start manufacturing. Let those whose passion is church continue and those whose passion is manufacturing start to do something.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 7:33am On Mar 21, 2017
Its very dishaertneing how yhe OP come up with his list,

But OP get this that your intent is very clear, that is convert all churches to manufacturing industries.

On this you are 100% completely wrong.
Re: How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country by engineerboat(m): 7:37am On Mar 21, 2017
wolexy2020:

Imagine a Nigerian having headache, just go to the hospital or get Aspirin, but the won't. They will drink anointing oil and wash their head with holy water and starting praying. Like it was said , God only help those who help themselves.
Nigerians have been brainwashed and it will take a very long time before we can be free from this bondage.

Churches build Universities for profit when their average member can't even afford the fees. I have had the privilege of going to church in other countries and I must tell you, Nigerian churches are scams. All they talk about is money money money.
If we continue talking about this cankerworm that has eaten deep into the fabric of our beloved Nigeria , it will take a long time .

This is my own opinion and I am entitled to it so don't quote me. If you have your own opinion about this issue, please say it.

When has it become a crime to pray to your God fot healing.

Is it your headache on this.

Your mindset on this issue is just not it all.

May i ask you, how many business have you put up talkless of Manufacturing industries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amotekun Caught 17 Chinese Men Inside Bush / Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries / Marketers Hike Petrol Price To Between ₦170 And ₦190/Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.