Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics (8547 Views)

Your Dreams And Their Hidden Psychological Meanings / Checkout These Amazing Kids With Their Different Dreams In Future (photos) / This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by Skyblings(m): 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
Dreams they say is a mental picture of anticipated occurrences created by our minds,by patching together figments of visions,goals,experiences,nightmares,attitudes,wishes and a generalized notion of our life cycle.

To some(especially,the westerners),dreams are delusional or a fictional episodes of our life imposed on us as we sleep.And based on that theory they believe dreams is not worth taken seriously.But an African man thinks otherwise,To them dreams are spiritual insights to the future,a hint
of whats to come.And based on that phenomenon,Another meaning to dreams arose.

Dreams is a mental imprint or image,an individual embed within their mind,long enough that it takes dominance of their soul and being,which serve as a guide or provides an all new pathway to livelihood.

Remember the saying,"as far as your eye can see,that you can become" .it imply's that once you can get hold of that dream,then the dream gets hold of you.

I remember quite vividly,when i was a child i dreamt of becoming a medical doctor,loves the white robes and stereoscope hanging on their neck,you know having to save lives and taking credits for it,hence making so much money from my profession and leaving in absolute luxury.but sadly over time,after life has taken its toll,hitting me real hard with self realization through struggles,hardship,disappointments,betrayals etc,the dream slowly faded away.

Not so many of us in life have the luxury of becoming that person we admired to be when we where yet children.So many as kids dreamt to be LAWYERS,ENGINEERS,DOCTORS,BANKERS,PILOTS etc but very few people achieve these dreams in their lifetime.

This article is tailored to guiding your on a few ways to remain in lines with your dreams,be it childhood dreams or dreams you hoped to achieve as an adult.

Below i will outline a few milestones to step on that will keep you in alignment with your dreams.

1. FRIENDSHIP: This has to be No 1 on my list because it plays a vital role to whom you become,your personality is shaped in line with the kind of people you always have around you as friends.So many youths don't take this very seriously.some even think they can cheat or maneover their way through.Once i heard a classmate of mine say he is different from his friends,he like hanging out with bad friends but their life style will never influence him in anyway.He entered the University and ended up becoming a cultist.This guy is very smart and intelligent,in fact back then i learnt a couple of things from him but what happened.

He had kept it secret from me for a very long time,i was shocked to know about it from a third party but never asked him about it.waited a long while for him to come clean until one incident happened which almost took his life,lucky enough he did not end up in jail.After the heat of the incident had died out,he now confessed to me that he had joined the cult due to pressure from a couple of friends and admitted that nothing good was in it after all,saying he would never advice anyone to join such.Well i advised him like i always do though i know he is already deep into it and coming out wont be as easy as it was when he entered the fraternity.

Mingling with people who have same or similar vision or goals in life keeps you rooted towards achieving your dreams.once you stick with the wrong pack, over time you will end up loosing a footing towards your dream and subsequently falling off track.its inevitable,its a universal constant,no matter how careful you are about it.Choose your friends and don't let your friends choose you.seek out those that share same dreams and aspirations with you.

2.Stay Focused : literally Theirs more to focus than just to look at a figure for a period of time,it has to do with observation,awareness and undivided attention on that particular object.Set Goals that Motivate You,One goal at a time,don't bulk your mind with so many dreams at the same time or else you wont have enough time to achieve any.Putting your dreams in writing too has a powerful impact in keeping you focused.Focusing has to do with obsession for that particular dream,THINK IT,SING IT,TALK IT,LOVE IT,DO IT.

3.Think then act : never rush to decision making,this deals with when you are choosing a career,institution,mentor-ship etc.With your dreams firmly held mentally always try to do a little more research when choosing a career or high institution to pursue your dreams.

I remember a friend of mine who has passion for computers and programmings,he graduated from Federal University Of Technology Owerri (FUTO),And studied Computer science(CSC).He told me personally that he made the wrong choice in choosing what to study at the university,according to him,he choose computer science hoping the widen his knowledge in programming and computer codes (html,java,php,css etc) but little did he know that in the course of study he choose,he did more of mathematics and calculation than the actual computing language.Told me,if he had done his home work well,he would have figured he should have done Information and technology (IMT),saying a friend of his who also graduated from same school in IMT was better at programming than he is due to they where thought more on the subject than their computer science counterpart.Well i remember some
time ago in the said school,CSC is not a dependent course of study in the school,it used to be Computer Science and Mathematics,just very recently CSC and Math where seperated into two different departments.Now you can see the result of not doing proper research before choosing a career.
Ask Questions,Mostly to people who have walked the same path you are about embarking into,you will definitely learn one or two from their experiences and mistakes.Make an action plan and stick with it.

4. Leave your place of convenience : Hard work always pays off.Do the little extra stuff that distinguish you from your contemporaries.You don't only have to study when its all convenient ,That little stress,hard work or discomfort will definitely pay off.More time spent with your books,burning those candles while others lay asleep,extra effort put into your workplace,waking up way earlier just to meet up with early morning classes etc.No one did all these thing and became a failure,Even God himself will see you through after you put in little effort towards achieving your dreams.

CREDIT : http://nigerianstudentsblog.com

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by yeyeboi(m): 7:09am On Mar 21, 2017
FTC on FP grin

Someone should kindly read and sum it up , I know some people will read this and still fail or join cultism.

Dedicating this FTC to all freshers in every university in Nigeria and beyond . May your 4yrs in the university never be wasted.

4 Likes

Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 21, 2017
Regenesys Business School offers Higher Certificate in Business Management, Bachelor of Business Administration, Postgraduate in Business Administration & Master of Business Administration. Also we offer cooperate trainings. Our office is located at 8th floor, Churchgate Tower 2, Churchgate Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. Contact me on 08076736091 or 07064396328. Thanks
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by HIRAETH: 7:12am On Mar 21, 2017
Nice tips op.. ..
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by Barmmyshoes(f): 7:12am On Mar 21, 2017
Nice tips!
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by imma2(m): 7:13am On Mar 21, 2017
Nice
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 21, 2017
smiley
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 21, 2017
smiley
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by alukotope: 7:15am On Mar 21, 2017
Lovely piece, we need more of this
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by ehmasjet(m): 7:15am On Mar 21, 2017
Nice concept
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by celestialAgent(m): 7:15am On Mar 21, 2017
Ok!
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by Ekponoimo(m): 7:15am On Mar 21, 2017
Nice one
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by realGURU(m): 7:21am On Mar 21, 2017
Who ac
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by jericco1(m): 7:23am On Mar 21, 2017
Not that bad
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by deedrizzie: 7:27am On Mar 21, 2017
wow... nice... i can totally relate to this post... let's not forget the place of God thoo.... prayers reach places hardwork can't. Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by Olachase(m): 7:32am On Mar 21, 2017
This topic really touches my mind nice write op thanks for the information

Pls if you can get me job in airport or seaport apapa I don't care any job doing buh airport or seaport # am 22year of age with 0'level result. #Skills#computer Engineering and operator (Microsoft Office included ) with knowledge of Blogger (Wordpress)

In case you have any offer please reach me on this mobile number 08025905253 G.N.L.D pls don't call me
Thanks for helping me today I promise to pay back tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by Luukasz(m): 7:33am On Mar 21, 2017
Well, Academics has nothing to offer me. It cant get me the life I want to live, the life of an affluent man.
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by mikool007(m): 7:47am On Mar 21, 2017
Nice one
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by simytech: 8:31am On Mar 21, 2017
Nice tip
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 8:46am On Mar 21, 2017
In additional to all the beautiful tips, listed already. I want to add, knowing/accepting our zone or person. Brain hemisphere preference and personality. To me is the belt that wields all the tips together.

Cos, if a left brain person. go for course that demands creativity. He/she might be an under performer.

Same when a right brain person.Engage his/her self in course that demands cramming, etc.

For more read FACTS ON INNATE POTENTIAL @ nnendu.com
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by elinaxy(m): 9:09am On Mar 21, 2017
God bless u, oops
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by Nduemma12(m): 9:20am On Mar 21, 2017
Please can someone help me out on writing a proposal letter for me? I mean the format of proposal leter and am sending it to a big company and the deadline is today. please help your brother out please.
Thanks and God bless you as you do so.[b]Please can someone help me out on writing a proposal letter for me? I mean the format of proposal leter and am sending it to a big company and the deadline is today. please help your brother out please.
Thanks and God bless you as you do so.[/b]Please can someone help me out on writing a proposal letter for me? I mean the format of proposal leter and am sending it to a big company and the deadline is today. please help your brother out please.
Thanks and God bless you as you do so.
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by Nduemma12(m): 9:22am On Mar 21, 2017
Please can someone help me out on writing a proposal letter for me? I mean the format of proposal leter and am sending it to a big company and the deadline is today. please help your brother out please.
Thanks and God bless you as you do so.[b]
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by siddique07: 10:07am On Mar 21, 2017
Luukasz:
Well, Academics has nothing to offer me. It cant get me the life I want to live, the life of an affluent man.
shoroniyen undecided undecided
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by ShawttySoFyne(f): 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2017
imma2:
Nice
Drop your Mail..
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by imma2(m): 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
Drop your Mail..
I sent you a pm. I dey fear spam mail.
Re: Tips To Achieving Your Dreams In Academics by ShawttySoFyne(f): 1:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
imma2:
I sent you a pm. I dey fear spam mail.
Can't access it y i told you to drop it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! / UI Names Theater After Wole Soyinka / JAMB Releases Over 1.6m UTME Results, Seizes 80,000 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.