Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Who Are The Wawa In SE? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Wawa In SE? (5110 Views)

Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? / Usa,uk,isreal,south Africa,france's Embassies Turns Blind Eyes On Killings In SE / Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Wawa In SE? by helinues: 9:02am On Mar 21, 2017
I have been seeing people referring to some set of people as wawa.. Which state particular and why do they refer to them as wawa?

Mature response only

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by Stricker321: 9:04am On Mar 21, 2017
My Igbo brothers, PLEASE IGNORE this useless thread.

Thanks.

Igbo is Igbo whether in SE or SS or wherever.

Igbo is ONE!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 21, 2017
Dem don come..

Afonjaic creatures. lipsrsealed

16 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 21, 2017
Oblong head op... wawa in hausa means fool op you are a wawa

21 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by vayne(m): 9:27am On Mar 21, 2017
Ignored!

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by kingzizzy: 9:28am On Mar 21, 2017
Stricker321:

Thanks.

Igbo is ONE!

It might not be a divisive thread, it might just be someone who is curious about who the Wawa people are.

OP, Wawa people are a sub-sect of Igbos mainly found in Enugu state who speak a closely related dialect of Igbo called 'Wawa'.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by CHANNELStv2020: 9:29am On Mar 21, 2017
Afonjas Don come to divide again
Getraaaa here

4 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by Stricker321: 9:30am On Mar 21, 2017
kingzizzy:

It might not be a divisive thread, it might just be someone who is curious about who the Wawa people are.

OP, Wawa people are a sub-sect of Igbos mainly found in Enugu state who speak a closely related dialect of Igbo called 'Wawa'.

Ok, good.

Let it end there.

I know why i am saying this.

8 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by GrandGarcon: 9:36am On Mar 21, 2017
helinues:
I have been seeing people referring to some set of people as wawa.. Which state particular and why do they refer to them as wawa?

Mature response only
I am from Ihiala, I have a fried, Steve, he is from Wawa, we call fondly called him Prince Wawa. Unfortunately he died of pneumonia, so sad, I really liked that guy.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by GrandGarcon: 9:38am On Mar 21, 2017
Stricker321:

Thanks.

Igbo is ONE!
I don't think there is anything wrong with the tread, Wawa = every other Biafran
Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by helinues: 9:42am On Mar 21, 2017
Stricker321:

Thanks.

Igbo is ONE!

Everything to you guys is tribal..

Fyi, I am not a tribal bigot like you..

Kids everywhere

6 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by helinues: 9:43am On Mar 21, 2017
kingzizzy:

Thanks jare.. Everything to them is tribal post.

5 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by Ejanla07: 7:30pm On Mar 21, 2017
Everything to us is tribal and we don't give
Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by Nightshift(m): 9:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
Wawa is a province in Ontario, Canada. Wawa is a suburb in Pennsylvania, USA. Wawa is a language in Cameroon.

Now over to Igboland: Wawa means No in most of Igbo dialects spoken in Enugu State. In Awka area of Anambra State, 'Wa' means No as well in their dialect. Just like in some Igbo dialects in Imo State, Olo means No. It is equally notable that other Igbo people from Anambra, Abia and Imo state ignorantly refer to Enugu State people as Ndi Wawa. Most people from these states have no clue what Wawa actually means. Sometimes some parts of Ebonyi state are included as Wawa people. The Igbo dialects in Enugu state varies from one local government area to the other, which is also the norm in neighbouring states. Wawaland is Anigbo kponkwem!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by Amberon: 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2017
Sometimes it's not all about tribalism and bigotry. I am one of the people who just learnt something new now. I never even knew Igbo had sub-sects.
Stricker321:

Ok, good.

Let it end there.

I know why i am saying this.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by babyfaceafrica: 11:40pm On Mar 21, 2017
Some people and tribal slurs sha,somebody ask an innocent question, the next thing is to throw jabs.When una mind no clean,why won't you think others are like you!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by disumusa: 11:52pm On Mar 21, 2017
anambra111:
Oblong head op... wawa in hausa means fool op you are a wawa
what about ofu and osu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by ESDKING: 12:05am On Mar 22, 2017
O.P is an Afonja Muslim. That discord you are sowing among Igbo won't see the light of the day.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by Nobody: 2:06am On Mar 22, 2017
disumusa:
what about ofu and osu
gutsun uwarka
Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by afonjaheadhunt: 2:35am On Mar 22, 2017
Op i think you should be more concerned about any of this 2 links
https://www.nairaland.com/3696233/yoruba-revisionist-please-answer-questions
https://www.nairaland.com/3696462/yorubas-totaly-lose-ilorin#54820627
Those issue in those links should concern you more than who the wawa's are grin
except you are not and afonja oil gulping demon. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by ImperialYoruba: 3:46am On Mar 22, 2017
When we say "wawa person" , or "see as e dey look like wawa", we mean a dummy. Someone slow and retaard3d.

The word wawa came from the way Wawa Ibos behave, blank, slow and mentally challenged.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by Funlordmaniac(m): 5:05am On Mar 22, 2017
Stricker321:

The guilty are always afraid! Smh! undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by Pavore9: 5:16am On Mar 22, 2017
Someone asked a question and some got defensive. Maybe if I should ask questions about the Ezeagu or the Udi people, it automatically makes me a Yoruba with the intention of "dividing" the Igbo race!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:46am On Mar 22, 2017
Stricker321:

Thanks.

Igbo is ONE!
Are you a Wawa?

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by EmeeNaka: 6:14am On Mar 22, 2017
Yoruba man have no reason to ask any question concerning Igbos, be it innocent question or not.
Anybody that want to know about Igbos should come to Igboland and stay.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by Igbo620: 6:18pm On May 19, 2017
Wawa isn't any group of people, wa or wawa is how some people in part of Enugu state and Anambra say " No". In imo state some say olom which is equally no in that area. That word has it's origin in ancient Agbaja people of north - central Igbo. Read about Agbaja
Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by wawappl: 7:45pm On May 19, 2017
WE ARE THE WAWA PEOPLE. WHEN WE SAY WA, WE MEAN NO. THOSE DAYS SOME AGBENU PEOPLE USED TO CALL OUR GRANDFATHERS NDI WAWA BECAUSE THEY SEE THEM AS UNCIVILISED AND POOR FARMERS.THE COMMUNITIES THAT SPEAK WA CAN BE FOUND IN AWKA NORTH LGA (ANAMBRA STATE) , ENUGU WEST AND EAST SENATORIAL ZONES,

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by nonsobaba: 8:21pm On May 19, 2017
Wawa people are the unfortunate people of Enugu state. They are actually half-igbo, half-fulani. They are the poorest and laziest in the igbo race. Most armed robbers, beggers, street urchins, househelps and ipods that you find in igboland are actually wawa people. It was due to this stark difference between us, the real anambra people and them that we decided to end our association with them by asking the federal govt to split the old anambra state and create a seperate state for them in order that they don't defile us with their backwardness.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by Alariwo2: 8:46pm On May 19, 2017
@Op don't mind the posters above

the word wawa is fondly used on nairaland by Anambra igbos to talk down on Enugu and Abia igbos.

Don't let them twist or sugarcoat it... it's tribalism among igbos you're seeing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by bubu2019: 9:21pm On May 19, 2017
Nightshift:
Wawa is a province in Ontario, Canada. Wawa is a suburb in Pennsylvania, USA. Wawa is a language in Cameroon.

Now over to Igboland: Wawa means No in most of Igbo dialects spoken in Enugu State. In Awka area of Anambra State, 'Wa' means No as well in their dialect. Just like in some Igbo dialects in Imo State, Olo means No. It is equally notable that other Igbo people from Anambra, Abia and Imo state ignorantly refer to Enugu State people as Ndi Wawa. Most people from these states have no clue what Wawa actually means. Sometimes some parts of Ebonyi state are included as Wawa people. The Igbo dialects in Enugu state varies from one local government area to the other, which is also the norm in neighbouring states. Wawaland is Anigbo kponkwem!!
u garit bro,d rest are foolz
Re: Who Are The Wawa In SE? by bubu2019: 9:24pm On May 19, 2017
Alariwo2:
@Op don't mind the posters above

the word wawa is fondly used on nairaland by Anambra igbos to talk down on Enugu and Abia igbos.

Don't let them twist or sugarcoat it... it's tribalism among igbos you're seeing
wrong,wawa means no as in i no gree

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ken Saro Wiwa And The Forgiving Igbo Spirit (the Untold Story) / INEC Must Not Put Itself Under Unnecessary Pressure – Olawepo- Hashim / Breaking: Atiku Secures Over 1.2 Million Votes In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.