Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago (53028 Views)

‘OAU Student Who Drank Sniper Once Attempted Suicide’ / RCCG Woman Who Attempted Suicide In Lagos Arraigned In Court, Granted N500k Bail / Medical Doctor Who Jumped Into Lagoon Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:57am On Mar 21, 2017
Suicide is not the answer, No matter how bad it is

1 Like

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by MARKone(m): 9:57am On Mar 21, 2017
Suicidal person, ought not to be allowed medical practice.
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by SageTravels: 9:57am On Mar 21, 2017
doskie:
your post reminds me of MMM

LOlzzzz. And u do MMM oo. NO lie

1 Like

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Notatribalist(m): 9:59am On Mar 21, 2017
amynah94:
Was thinking about the fellow that jumped into the lagoon yesterday and I just couldn't help but feel sad....I spent time wondering what could have moved the young man to such an action. Heard on radio this morning that he was just 35 years....
At 35 he was a doctor...had a car, and even a driver...from the Nigerian standard that sounds like a successful young man in all ramifications.
There probably were lots of his secondary school mates or his university mates envying him.
But truth is no one knew what he was going through.....
I concluded that he was having a bout of depression and it took a bad turn.
I will ask some pertinent questions.
When last did we check on a friend that we haven't heard from in a while?
When last did we visit some one we knew was finding things difficult?
When we see someone who had it going so well and all of a sudden is finding it hard to make ends meet, do we make fun of them?
When was the last time we called the names of particular people in our circle during our prayers with our creator, to intercede on their behalf ?
The economy is tough and truly people are finding it more difficult to survive.
I have noticed personally an increased number of destitutes in Lagos lately.

We need to watch out for each other.......we need to call, we need to visit. I am hoping we check in on others from time to time ( physically).
We never know who needs just an ear to listen to all the problems he/she is going through.

Let's be more caring..... To at least call someone per day just to say hello!

Lets ponder on this for a few seconds and decide to assist each other psychologically& spiritually today.

#copied#

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by naughtyDiana: 10:00am On Mar 21, 2017
I'm only wondering how someone in such fragile state of mind was allowed to practice in his field!!!! ah! in "the abro ad", it will never happen now. hmmmm, let me keep quiet
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by jonaifame22(m): 10:00am On Mar 21, 2017
I can't kill myself
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Notatribalist(m): 10:01am On Mar 21, 2017
rawpadgin:
instead of me to kill myself let the problem kuku kill me

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Notatribalist(m): 10:04am On Mar 21, 2017
jonaifame22:
I can't kill myself
pray not to ever get depressed,because in depression suicide seems to be the only way to end ur suffering.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Missmossy(f): 10:05am On Mar 21, 2017
He attempted to commit suicide before, so he has been suicidal years back. Its really painful, only God knows what made him to jump into the Lagoon. He must have been suffering from severe depression. Such a tragic loss
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Missmossy(f): 10:06am On Mar 21, 2017
He attempted to commit suicide before, so he has been suicidal years back. Its really painful, only God knows what made him to jump into the Lagoon. He must have been suffering from severe depression. Such a tragic loss embarassed

1 Like

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Notatribalist(m): 10:07am On Mar 21, 2017
izzy4shizzy:
Suicide is not the answer, No matter how bad it is
u clearly don't know what depression is.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by whela(m): 10:07am On Mar 21, 2017
Sad sad sad... But I hope our network provider cud help in listening to his last conversation on phone before the act.. .maybe he was blackmailed ,spoken to spiritually..... It's all maybes

1 Like

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by CodeBlooded: 10:08am On Mar 21, 2017
amynah94:
Was thinking about the fellow that jumped into the lagoon yesterday and I just couldn't help but feel sad....I spent time wondering what could have moved the young man to such an action. Heard on radio this morning that he was just 35 years....
At 35 he was a doctor...had a car, and even a driver...from the Nigerian standard that sounds like a successful young man in all ramifications.
There probably were lots of his secondary school mates or his university mates envying him.
When we see someone who had it going so well and all of a sudden is finding it hard to make ends meet, do we make fun of them?
When was the last time we called the names of particular people in our circle during our prayers with our creator, to intercede on their behalf ?

We need to watch out for each other.......we need to call, we need to visit. I am hoping we check in on others from time to time ( physically).
We never know who needs just an ear to listen to all the problems he/she is going through.

Lets ponder on this for a few seconds and decide to assist each other psychologically& spiritually today.

#copied#
Insipired
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Sammyblaq(m): 10:09am On Mar 21, 2017
Andrewkinggg:
He came out to say he isn't the one who attempted suicide. What's happening again!!
A wrong picture attached. The attached picture is of a nurse bearing same name. Get it.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 21, 2017
amynah94:

#copied#
The funny thing is that so many people are going through a lot of problems and and challenges but they have refused to confide in anyone. They forget that a problem shared is half solved.
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by ceteure: 10:11am On Mar 21, 2017
The only person that has the answer to the question 'what went wrong?' Is unfortunately, the Dr whom jumped into the Lagoon. We can only assume it's depression. My thoughts are with the family and the friends of the Dr Orji. Sad tale indeed
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Notatribalist(m): 10:15am On Mar 21, 2017
Missmossy:
He attempted to commit suicide before, so he has been suicide years back. Its really painful, only God knows what made him to jump into the Lagoon. He must have been suffering from severe depression. Such a tragic loss

1 Like

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by divinelove(m): 10:15am On Mar 21, 2017
dre11:

[b]•Shock, sadness trail action

•Mother upbeat her son is alive

•Colleagues described him as easy-going, thoroughbred professional

http://sunnewsonline.com/revealed-dr-orji-attempted-suicide-four-years-ago-2/

Mmm and serious heart break from his fiancée cant be ruled out too
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Vincente74: 10:16am On Mar 21, 2017
Too bad
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 21, 2017
He must have been battling depression for a long time.
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by symbianDON(m): 10:18am On Mar 21, 2017
naija police sef!! wetin consign the driver now? abeg release the poor man jare. it's quite obvious the late doctor suffered some sort of psychiatric disorder.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Jabioro: 10:20am On Mar 21, 2017
Someone should help me answer this question. Why is the driver still detailed up to this moment by the police?. according to this new fact that Orji have make several suicide attempts, and thus been under family monitoring, the poor driver was engaged three months ago. From the church after service he took the car key for him, (the driver) drove himself, got to third main land bridge pull over, in twinkle of seconds jump into lagoon to accomplish his long time aim, dream, and target.... I won't say much.. ..The family needed to be blamed. Though my personal opinion.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by burkingx(f): 10:20am On Mar 21, 2017
grin grin grin

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Wishaky(f): 10:22am On Mar 21, 2017
rawpadgin:
instead of me to kill myself let the problem kuku kill me

Lolzxx, yu be real rugged man, yu gat naija real heart nd spirit but I stil pity d guy sa.
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by ransomed: 10:25am On Mar 21, 2017
He had Alwell as his name but it was not well with him. Instead of him to ignore Oba Akinolu's instruction, he went straight to the lagoon. May God help his family to bear the loss.
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 21, 2017
This sun news or whatever has an editor also right?at one point he drove the car himself with his driver on the passengers seat, at another point he asked the driver to pull over so he could to ease himself...

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by AuroraB(f): 10:28am On Mar 21, 2017
This Doctor no get pisure undecided
Enough already from all you counselors, e don do already shocked
Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by Idaraobong5(f): 10:30am On Mar 21, 2017
If depression kills, I wouldn't have lived till today, living in pains and sorrows daily.. But am hopeful that it will get better someday......

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by emperorzz(m): 10:30am On Mar 21, 2017
They first jocularly said he drove the car himself, later they jocularly said the driver said his boss told him to park so hr can urinate....infact, jocularly, I taya for this report!

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago by thesicilian: 10:33am On Mar 21, 2017
If it is true that he had attempted suicide a number of times then his family also shares a large part of the blame for not placing him under psychiatric care. Also, why was the driver not told the main reason he was employed ? If the driver had been made aware of this history and told to keep a watchful eye on him, it is very possible he might have been able to prevent the young doctor's death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Arrested Officers Who Killed Kolade Johnson "Kay Low" / Lady Caged For 3 Years By Her Husband In Delta Over Witchcraft Accusation / Muslim Cleric, Alfa Kills His Friend, Shares His Body Parts For Rituals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.