Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate (3471 Views)

Lagos Gubernatorial Debate video, Ambode Clearly Not As Intelligent / Splashfm Oyo State Gubernatorial Debate / News Breaking!! Ngige Emerged Winner Of Anambra Gubernatorial Debate Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by metalgong5(m): 8:44am On Dec 21, 2009
Anambra guber debate to gulp N17m 
Latest news 
Written by -     
Monday, 21 December 2009 06:24 
The gubernatorial debate planned for candidates in the Anambra  election will  gulp N17 million, Dr Ifeanyi Obiakor,  a board member of the  Nigeria-America Friendship Association (NAFA) has  said.

He said that the debate would be organised by the NAFA,  the  Anambra REBIRTH and the Anambra State Good Governance Forum - all NGOs. Obiakor, who addressed a meeting of  “stakeholders in the Anambra poll” in Abuja yesterday, said the debate would feature a minimum of three candidates and a maximum of six. The candidates, he explained, would be picked after an opinion poll where they would have scored a set minimum of points.

He added that nominees of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) as well as other credible bodies would constitute the  panel  to drill the candidates.

“We feel that there should be a credible debate,’’ he stressed. According to him, the debate will help to enlighten the electorate on the vision, mission and policies of the candidates.

Mr Ike Neriaku, Coordinator of Anambra REBIRTH, said the organisation was ready to set a standard in the state “by doing the right thing.”

“Anambra has been known for the bad things, but we want to be known for the good things. We don’t want the process to be compromised in any way. If Anambra election goes well, then we will set the ball rolling for subsequent elections in the country. We want to put a stop to selection of candidates instead of election,’’ he said.

The debate would be held between Jan. 7 and Feb. 6, the organisers said.  (NAN)

That would really be an interesting debate to watch folks . . . . . . an intellectual kamikaze war between Soludo, Ngige, Peter Obi and Andy Ubah.
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by citizenY(m): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2009
In my contributions elsewhere in NL , I have always seen the Anambra 2010 election
as a very crucial milestone. All standards for future elections in this country will be put
to test here. Anambra people will do well by putting their best foot foward and also
monitoring the votes and of course voting wisely too. May the bet man win.
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by chidichris(m): 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2009
this is absolute madness and stupidity.
what is the debate all about outside telling anambra people how prof soludo is going to turn anambra to dubai within his two days in office.
all these make-ups are designs of pdp to take anambra which has caused them sleepless nights all these years.
if u ask me, i will tell u that the educated elites of the igbo backgrounds are more hamrless to the society than useful.
i want to link u up to such names as;
1. chuba okadigbo - he claimed to be educated but ended up bringing more divisions among the igbos in his inordinate ambition to be the senate president hence he planned a coup against evan enwerem who was also an igbo man from imo state. how did his tenure and life end up?
2. professor iwu - the negative history of nigeria will have this name as the no 1 ambassadore with his record electorial nonesense.
3. professor soludo - pdd must have found a credible candidate for the evil programme in anambra but the lives of anambra people will depend so much on his plans but i will assure u that in the next 2 to 3 years, he will be compared with no one less than the devil himself. it is obvious pdp has no programme for nigeria and soludo is part of this same pdp so if soludo will be a rebel in the pdp camp, history will prove that.
in the first place, many co-candidates are aggrieved for a case of robbery and denial of political rights as it concerns to right to vote and be voted for courtsy of pdp annointments.

the mentioned amount of money can go a long way in fixing certain things in anambra. to me, this is a round peg in a square hole. anambra people are about to do the right thing at the wrong time and no positive result will come out of it.
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2009
This is a very welcome development

I hope it is live showed on NTA, Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS), AIT, Channels TV, and also made available on youtube for all who care to watch later.

Let all contestants be made to defend their past records and state their agenda for the Anambra people.

Anybody honest about wanting true democracy in Nigeria will not be scared of debating the future politics in Anambra.

It will be nice to see Soludo, Ngige, Obi, Uba, Ekwunife, Nicholas Ukachukwu speak for themselves life rather than surrogates speaking for them.

The advocates of mediocrity are scared right now, and you can already see it in Chidicris' post. I hope Soludo immediately comes out to endorse this move and confirm his participation in the debate.
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by yemmight(m): 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2009
What is the meaning of first gubernatorial debate in nigeria. Why is this soludo election so special. You need to start realizing that everything is still fraud, Soludo or no Soludo. Using 17m in the first for a debate how much wil it take to campaing? @ poster where wre you when debate was cordinated by Momoh in the last Election in Lagos. I beg stop all these.
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by proudly9ja(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2009
First?

I think Lagos State had one in the last Elections?
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by paddylo1(m): 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2009
this is good, .chidi chris stop being delusional. . .
they have gubernatorial debates here in the states,so whats the big deal?
let them go out,and lets see who amongst them even have a clue
sometimes we seem to forget that elections is about campaigning for a position
its nobodys right to be governor,no matter what andy uba thinks
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by chosen04(f): 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2009
source of info. pls@poster
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2009
Folks there is no need getting excersized about who was first and who was not.

It is a marketing gimmick by the promoters of the debate. The most important thing here should be that we are giving electorates more opportunities to assess their candidates before going to the poll. I don't think whether this was the 1st or 40th debate should matter anymore than the fact that a debate is about to hold.

If Anambra is Stable, Lagos is stable and all others States in Nigeria are stable, it can only be a good thing for Nigeria's development as a whole.

So folks please no need to run others down.
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by pecu5: 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2009
This is a welcome development. Anambra shall flourish. This is time for us to know who is capable to take us to the next level.
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by yemmight(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2009
I know why all of you are so excited. Because it's the first time it wil be happening in that region. Sorry. For us here, we are used to it.
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2009
yemmight:

I know why all of you are so excited. Because it's the first time it wil be happening in that region. Sorry. For us here, we are used to it.

Thanks for letting us know that

But why do you think you have to make that point, folks just need to get themselves rid of hate. I celebrate Fashola's success in Lagos everyday. Why can't some hope for the better for others?
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by chosen04(f): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2009
yemmight:

Do you call those tales by sunlight governorship debate? Sorry u hear?
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by AloyEmeka9: 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2009
Will they stream questions from Youtube and nairaland?
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Will they stream questions from Youtube and nairaland?

The most brilliant post so far
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by Ibime(m): 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2009
Peter Obi dey speak English o. . . . the rest of em better go and prep themselves properly.

The funny thing is that all these guys are Professors and Doctors, and they're all coming here to debate each other for the right to steal the people's money.

I hope questions will be asked about Ngige and Uba's record on corruption. They must debate on what everyone is thinking. All people wanna know is: "Who is going to steal the least money?"
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2009
pdp moving forward

shebi our sickbed president gave us the innovation of a manifesto - the 7 point agenda grin grin

carry on!!
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by DisGuy: 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2009
He added that nominees of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) as well as other credible bodies would constitute the panel to drill the candidates.

No questions from the public/ internet warriors then

NUJ yea right, vanguard and thisday shoo

This is a very welcome development by the way, I hope the candidate endorse it before the new year
and a woman should be included!
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2009
['
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by DisGuy: 12:40am On Dec 22, 2009
The historic breakthrough in political campaigning was announced after the three main party leaders agreed take part in a series of three primetime debates.

It will be the first time that British party leaders have gone head-to-head in a live television battle similar to those in American presidential elections.

It comes after fierce negotiating between Number 10, David Cameron’s office and the three main television broadcasters.

For both the Prime Minister and Mr Cameron it represents a gamble. The Conservative leader still has a commanding lead in most polls and could risk that in a battle with Mr Brown.

But the Tory leader has an assured media style and his handlers will welcome the exposure to the country that Mr Cameron will get from the events
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by Eziachi: 1:10am On Dec 22, 2009
yemmight:

I know why all of you are so excited.  Because it's the first time it wil be happening in that region.  Sorry.  For us here, we are used to it.

So Mr "being used to Gub' debate. What was the topic debated last time in Oyo State for instance? I will assume, TURA and IKB which one works better with the blings?

You really how to pour sand into everything that happens outside your comfort zone.
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by yemmight(m): 9:54am On Dec 22, 2009
chosen04:

Do you call those tales by sunlight governorship debate? Sorry u hear?

So what happen at yesterday's debate? Or is there another arranged one. Obe came 3 times b4 others were on ground, Ngige, Soludo walked out on the govt. Debate my foot.
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by igboboy1(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2009
yemmight:

men your contribution is as ugly as your profile pic, GAD DAMN grin
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by Ediva(f): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2009
That would really be an interesting debate to watch folks . . . . . . an intellectual kamikaze war between Soludo, Ngige, Peter Obi and Andy Ubah.
lol ill love to see dat, undecided undecided grin
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by luv2talk(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2009
Another display of Madness
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by yemmight(m): 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2009
igbo boy:

men your contribution is as ugly as your profile pic, GAD DAMN grin

Just as ugly as your best first governorship debate yesterday. tongue
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by Youngichou(m): 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2009
It should sound as a good development because debate or no debate. Nigerians will still rig. We should just be lucky it's not the north if not we 4 don dey prepare 4 another oxford dictionary.
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by igboboy1(m): 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2009
yemmight:

Just as ugly as your best first governorship debate yesterday. tongue

chei,, guy u don old o, must everything be ethnic competition to you? I no blame u na lack of education and exposure dey worry u
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by otukpo(f): 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2009
i will love to watch it live!
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by MUNEER2(m): 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2009
Are Nigerians going crazy?
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by Digriz(m): 1:25pm On Dec 22, 2009
The debate is going to be interesting.
Re: Anambra State To Hold The First Nigerian Gubernatorial Debate by CarlosVent(m): 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2009
that will be good and NGIGE will finish them all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg To Review Strategy On Boko Haram! / Jonathan’s Government Exposed:real Cost Of Fuel (without Subsidy) In Nigeria / PDP Moves Against Soludo Ahead Of November 16 Governorship Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.