Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty (3497 Views)

Well Done! Kuku Receives US Honour For Amnesty Work / Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty / Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by stepo707: 8:28am On Mar 08, 2012
FG dismisses militants’ demand for amnesty
March 8, 2012 by Fidelis Soriwei, Abuja,

Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, Mr. Kingsley Kuku, has said the government will not accede to the demand of some aggrieved ex-militants for their inclusion in the Amnesty Programme. .

Kuku, who is also the Chairman of the Presidential Amnesty Programme, maintained the position of the government that the Amnesty window had closed.

According to him, the government is working on the reintegrating of the 26,358 ex-militants from the first and second phase of the programme, saying those involved are undergoing skill acquisition training and formal education within and outside the country.

He said the government should not be expected to yield to the demand from people who had resorted to killing to get government attention.

He called on the Joint Task Force in Niger Delta to be alive to its responsibility of security and peace maintenance in the oil-rich area.

Kuku urged all development agencies in the Niger Delta such as the Niger Delta Development Commission, the Ministry of Niger Delta, state and local governments to provide alternative means of empowerment for the unemployed youths in the region.

He said, “How can Federal Government accommodate somebody because he killed people; because he killed patriotic citizens, a Lt. Col and Naval personnel. No. That cannot be the reason for admitting people to the Amnesty Programme.

“There is no third phase in the Amnesty Programme and there is no window that will include anybody in the programme.”

Kuku alleged some of the youth agitating for their inclusion in the programme had been threatening him.

The Presidential aide claimed anonymous text messages were being sent to him, warning him of an impending move to destroy his country home at Arogbo in Ese Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-dismisses-militants-demand-for-amnesty/

Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by Beaf: 8:39am On Mar 08, 2012
They should be wiped out, the genuine people have accepted the amnesty.
Who can be bigger than Farah Dagogo, Tompolo or Boyloaf?
Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by Demdem(m): 9:37am On Mar 08, 2012
No yawa. More soldiers will have to die then. grin grin
Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by Weselion1(m): 9:38am On Mar 08, 2012
Yawa! cool tongue
Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by ocelot2006(m): 9:38am On Mar 08, 2012
The only thing the FG, particularly the army, owe those bastards is a 9mm bullet in their heads.
Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by Toktee(m): 9:43am On Mar 08, 2012
Imagine these bastards that call northeners parasite,i use to be sympatetic to their plight now i know they are criminals that need to die like saro wiwa
Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 08, 2012
FG shud beta rethink oh! Graduates frm ND can no longer watch illiterates collect 65k oh! Dis phase of d struggle will be by force n intellect! Pay all ND graduate unemployed youths or be ready to kill us all!
Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 08, 2012
Boyloaf:

FG shud beta rethink oh! Graduates frm ND can no longer watch illiterates collect 65k oh! Dis phase of d struggle will be by force n intellect! Pay all ND graduate unemployed youths or be ready to kill us all!

lol. u don dull urself, my ND friend who was never a militant, an unemployed 'graduate' from one of the FG school in the SW even joined them during the amnesty. The last I heard of him was that he is in South Africa for a commercial pilot training.
Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 08, 2012
saxywale:

lol. u don dull urself, my ND friend who was never a militant, an unemployed 'graduate' from one of the FG school in the SW even joined them during the amnesty. The last I heard of him was that he is in South Africa for a commercial pilot training.
na paddy paddy level dem use take people my broda. Dat is d reason for d renewed hostility! If GEJ do any how, him go see anyhow! Pay us all or kill us all!
Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by member479760: 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2012
you guys don't get it, the fact is that no jobs for the youth, every year those that clock 18 years, they all must move to the amnesty program to have their share of the national cake. as of today no other option payyyyy themmm, oil na their own.
Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by LEXYLOV: 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2012
The Drama is unfolding wink
Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by Harbb: 2:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
Nigeria; a country where criminals are kings
Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by badboym: 3:12pm On Mar 08, 2012
When Boko Haram started bombing,no one paid attention.We all thought it was a mere group temporarily carrying out attacks cos Buhari lost the last presidential election.They are a force to reckon with now and when the FG called for negotiations,they rebuffed.Will FG grant this guys amnesty,it all depends on how dreadful on how attacks they carry out are.Make we dey see.
Re: Fg Dismisses Militants’ Demand For Amnesty by gulfer: 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

They should be wiped out, the genuine people have accepted the amnesty.
Who can be bigger than Farah Dagogo, Tompolo or Boyloaf?
LEXYLOV:

The Drama is unfolding wink
Toktee:

Imagine these bastards that call northeners parasite,i use to be sympatetic to their plight now i know they are criminals that need to die like saro wiwa
Unfolding drama. GEJ will have to explain this very wrong step by him and Yar' Adua.

(1) (Reply)

Keke Driver Turn To New Keke In Bayelsa State. / Things You Need To Know About Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo / House Of Reps Vows To Protect Jega From Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.