Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,093 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:51 AM

Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells (657 Views)

How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! / Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / Mercedes-Benz Unveils It's 1st All-electric Car,It Will Go 200mi On Full Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells by AutoReportNG: 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
Nothing makes a GM of a company so proud that he makes a whopping $17k on every product being sold. No matter which way you cut it, an automobile is a big-ticket item. But that doesn't mean that theirs manufacturer are making big profit margins. Except for Porsche. That company's making money hand over fist.

Just how much money? Bloomberg did the math: the 238,000 vehicles it sold last year and its $4.1-billion operating profit works out to an average of over $17,000 on every car it sells.

In other words, it could nearly buy a new VW Jetta for every vehicle it sells. If the company so chose, it could fill its lot with 238,000 Jettas based solely on its operating profit.

Of course, that's an average. So it likely makes more on, say, a Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid or a 911 Turbo Cabriolet (pictured above) – both of which more than double their base model's MSRP at nearly $200k – than it does on a Macan, which starts at under $50k.

But even that price of admission is higher than those of most of its rivals. About $33k will get you in the door for a Mercedes GLA or CLA, or a base BMW 2 Series or 3 Series. Add to that the extensive options list of which many Porsche customers avail themselves and the prices start climbing even higher.

No wonder, with those profit margins, that Porsche had almost enough cash on hand to buy the entire Volkswagen Group, which by now has grown to become the largest automaker in the world.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/porsche-makes-over-17000-in-profit-on.html

Re: Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells by AutoReportNG: 1:40pm On Mar 21, 2017
Money speaking, speaking...

Lalasticlala, Seun, Marpol
Re: Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells by nurey(m): 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
And they lack CSR, they can't even dash me one car, just one car, any car no matter the amount it cost
Re: Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells by AutoReportNG: 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2017
nurey:
And they lack CSR, they can't even dash me one car, just one car, any car no matter the amount it cost

LOL... I will tell them that my guy needs one for his birthday. What about that?
Re: Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells by SmartchoicesNG: 2:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
nurey:

They know you​ will just sell it off
Re: Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells by nurey(m): 2:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
AutoReportNG:

LOL... I will tell them that my guy needs one for his birthday. What about that?

Don't only tell them, let them do something about it,
I need to own a porsche
I need to drive a Porsche
I always dream Porsche
That's why my next big thing is Porsche

1 Like

Re: Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells by nurey(m): 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

They know you​ will just sell it off

Why will I sell the Porsche? When I can use it meet new babes everyday at 4 point by Sheraton.

1 Like

Re: Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2017
nurey:
Dash you one for what?
Na you be their immediate community abi society grin? Thief.

$17000 profit on 1 car? That's advanced ritual...

1 Like

Re: Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells by nurey(m): 3:34pm On Mar 21, 2017
PaperLace:

Dash you one for what?
Na you be their immediate community abi society grin? Thief.

$17000 profit on 1 car? That's advanced ritual...

Oya, calm down, you will be the first to take a ride with me in my Porsche but you will be riding in the boot for calling me a thief grin
Re: Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells by SmartchoicesNG: 4:16pm On Mar 21, 2017
nurey:

Why will I sell the Porsche? When I can use it meet new babes everyday at 4 point by Sheraton.
Adetoro you like money more than that.
Re: Porsche Makes Over $17,000 In Profit On Every Car It Sells by nurey(m): 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
Adetoro you like money more than that.
Whao you don catch me. Oya how did we meet?

(1) (Reply)

Toyota FT-4X Concept Revealed (photos) / 2004 Lexus RX 330 For Sale / New Mercedes 4matic 550 2015 Model For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.