Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! (3688 Views)

The 2021 Accord Is Not A Car,it's A Complete Animal! / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon / Mercedes-Benz Unveils It's 1st All-electric Car,It Will Go 200mi On Full Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by BarrSly: 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2020
lol so I’m really confused... I really don’t know what to do it’s my first time.

1. I thought of going with a mechanic and I thought to myself that this would be something I shouldn’t do in a hurry so does that mean everyday I’ll be going from lot to lot checking cars haha I go be like who no serious and the mechanic go chop my money for each waka besides, how much will I be paying the mechanic per each trip.

2. When I see the car of my choice would I go to inside bank with the dealer to withdraw and give him cash? Cause I don’t want to do transfer and sit down and be waiting for alert of 2.5m to reflect only God know the kind sweat wen go catch me for middle of yansh.

3. But then if I see a car I like and then pay 3k for vin check only to realize it has accidents history would I just take my mind away and keep paying 3k every time cause trust me Nigerian auto dealers would lie that the title is clean until you do your check yourself on the vin.

4. Ok finally I thought to myself abi make I just align with this kakakibuy gimporters adexfem gazzuzz guys (the big dons) lol to just order from overseas and have it delivered to me here at my backyard in front of my landlady’s dormot....

Kai I’m just confused... guys I need advise....

The car I intend getting is between one of the following;

2002-2005 Lexus ES 300/330
2006 Toyota Avalon
2007 Toyota Camry

And my budget is

2m - 2.2m

Guys please advise me... I’m a young guy my mid 20’s.

All the “awon investors and vanity gang” please don’t come and soapy here I’ve got real estate as well.

Please just advise a brother �

Cc: Marpol

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by emeijeh(m): 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hope you have a land already?

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
Please let the mechanic go with a scanner. Don't just take any illiterate mechanic. Take someone that knows their onions and run a vin check. Of your three choices I would advise you to go for the Lexus.
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by mekuso89(m): 11:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Number 2 shows you are not yet ready.
you ain't got the heart yet bro

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by kakakibuy(m): 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
BarrSly:
lol so I’m really confused... I really don’t know what to do it’s my first time.

4. Ok finally I thought to myself abi make I just align with this kakakibuy gimporters adexfem gazzuzz guys (the big dons) lol to just order from overseas and have it delivered to me here at my backyard in front of my landlady’s dormot....

2006 Toyota Avalon
2007 Toyota Camry

And my budget is

2m - 2.2m

Connect with me on WhatsApp and let's find the right vehicle that meets your budget.

WhatsApp: +436602306454 Kakaki Autos

For direct WhatsApp message https:///436602306454
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by BarrSly: 5:28am On Jan 10, 2020
[quote author=emeijeh post=85658377]Hope you have

1 Like

Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by BarrSly: 5:29am On Jan 10, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Please let the mechanic go with a scanner. Don't just take any illiterate mechanic. Take someone that knows their onions and run a vin check. Of your three choices I would advise you to go for the Lexus.

Like how much would it cost and would I have to pay him per each car?

Besides why do you choose the Lexus boss
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by BarrSly: 5:30am On Jan 10, 2020
mekuso89:
Number 2 shows you are not yet ready.

you ain't got the heart yet bro

How na Oga Mind or not I can’t just enter a payment transaction I don’t trust I’d rather waka enter bank give you cash na u sabi afterwards
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by BarrSly: 5:31am On Jan 10, 2020
kakakibuy:

Connect with me on WhatsApp and let's find the right vehicle that meets your budget.

WhatsApp: +436602306454 Kakaki Autos

For direct WhatsApp message https:///436602306454

Sure sure sure thanks boss
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by mekuso89(m): 7:08am On Jan 10, 2020
BarrSly:

How na Oga Mind or not I can’t just enter a payment transaction I don’t trust I’d rather waka enter bank give you cash na u sabi afterwards
lol
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:13am On Jan 10, 2020
BarrSly:

1. I thought of going with a mechanic and I thought to myself that this would be something I shouldn’t do in a hurry so does that mean everyday I’ll be going from lot to lot checking cars haha I go be like who no serious and the mechanic go chop my money for each waka besides, how much will I be paying the mechanic per each trip.

2. When I see the car of my choice would I go to inside bank with the dealer to withdraw and give him cash? Cause I don’t want to do transfer and sit down and be waiting for alert of 2.5m to reflect only God know the kind sweat wen go catch me for middle of yansh.

3. But then if I see a car I like and then pay 3k for vin check only to realize it has accidents history would I just take my mind away and keep paying 3k every time cause trust me Nigerian auto dealers would lie that the title is clean until you do your check yourself on the vin.

2006 Toyota Avalon
2007 Toyota Camry

And my budget is

2m - 2.2m

All the “awon investors and vanity gang” please don’t come and soapy here I’ve got real estate as well.

There are just too many cars in Lagos that fit your budget.

https://www.nairaland.com/5568968/toks-2007-toyota-camry-1980000#84695350

https://www.nairaland.com/5613229/new-year-awoof-just-give

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by CarGuideNG: 7:45am On Jan 10, 2020
BarrSly:

Hello Sir

A logical solution to both of these mentioned issues, is to get the sellers to send you the VIN and get a VIN report for all the vehicles you're considering as a FIRST step, then eliminate those vehicles with serious damage or other negative issues such as wrong specs, severely altered mileage, etc based on the comprehensive history report.

Following this initial step, the remaining options can be considered further for physical inspection. This saves you time and money.

Regarding the cost you mentioned for the history reports, that is unnecessarily expensive for each report. We could halve that figure to aid your search.

Get in touch with CarGuideNG if our comprehensive reports and good prices suit your objectives.

BarrSly:

Importing is often a good idea which you should explore, but as Gazzuzz pointed out, there are far too many options locally to make a choice from as the vehicles you listed are relatively popular models.
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by CrEaToRmalden(m): 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
If you eventually change your mind and would love to import, this should help. Also, you might not be able to run the car Customs clearance. However, I recommend having a glimpse of how to clear a car in Nigeria.
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by BarrSly: 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

There are just too many cars in Lagos that fit your budget.

https://www.nairaland.com/5568968/toks-2007-toyota-camry-1980000#84695350

https://www.nairaland.com/5613229/new-year-awoof-just-give

I’m not in the Lagos but I appreciate boss
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by BarrSly: 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
CrEaToRmalden:
If you eventually change your mind and would love to import, this should help. Also, you might not be able to run the car Customs clearance. However, I recommend having a glimpse of how to clear a car in Nigeria.

Thanks a lot would go through each
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by computerglobal(m): 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase.
Tested and Trusted Service

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by nurey(m): 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
BarrSly:

2006 Toyota Avalon
2007 Toyota Camry

And my budget is

2m - 2.2m

When you are ready to buy, go to a dealers stand or car seller with friends like 2 make una be 2 or three, after you are satisfied with what you see, depending, dealer/seller issues you a receipt and all the original documents and extra keys, una go drive una sef go bank like owanbe.

While you are smiling sheepishly about to lose 2m+ dealer/seller smiling happily about to collect bride price. you and dealer enter bank or you enter bank alone and your goons stay in the car with dealer or dealer goons holding onto the original docs and keys.

When transfer happen and dealer don see alert and confirm am, he hands over the original docs and extra keys to you make you carry your wahala go with your goons, if nah big time dealer nah 2 cars una go carry go, if nah small time, he go carry Uber or gokada go back him shop.
if you are nice enough, you can drop the dealer and his goons back at his shop/Stall

You can ñow do what no man/woman alive has done with the car you just purchased ciao

culled from the stories that touch the heart. grin

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by Kokomo: 3:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
BarrSly:

2006 Toyota Avalon
2007 Toyota Camry

And my budget is

2m - 2.2m

AMDMAN is your best bet, you go even see change wella.. chat up amdman and thanks me later

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by blissbliss: 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
Don’t I just love you, Engr. Nurey?

You’re always a joy to read. Always taking time out to help people.

God bless you.

nurey:

When you are ready to buy, go to a dealers stand or car seller with friends like 2 make una be 2 or three, after you are satisfied with what you see, depending, dealer/seller issues you a receipt and all the original documents and extra keys, una go drive una sef go bank like owanbe.

While you are smiling sheepishly about to lose 2m+ dealer/seller smiling happily about to collect bride price. you and dealer enter bank or you enter bank alone and your goons stay in the car with dealer or dealer goons holding onto the original docs and keys.

When transfer happen and dealer don see alert and confirm am, he hands over the original docs and extra keys to you make you carry your wahala go with your goons, if nah big time dealer nah 2 cars una go carry go, if nah small time, he go carry Uber or gokada go back him shop.
if you are nice enough, you can drop the dealer and his goons back at his shop/Stall

You can ñow do what no man/woman alive has done with the car you just purchased ciao

Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by SHABZ: 8:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
BarrSly:

2006 Toyota Avalon
2007 Toyota Camry

And my budget is

2m - 2.2m

If you can, please buy directly from the USA or Canada. Best decision I took
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by Stakekay1(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
Kokomo:

AMDMAN is your best bet, you go even see change wella.. chat up amdman and thanks me later
The price AMDMAN quotes is it inclusive of custom clearing and other duty charge or just landing cost?
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by BarrSly: 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
nurey:

Haha haha you’re so funny but apparently this is exactly what would be comfortable with me
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2020
BarrSly:

Haha haha you’re so funny but apparently this is exactly what would be comfortable with me

Do not expect 2 keys all the time. You can also make a bank transfer and leave with vehicle.

Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by BarrSly: 10:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
Kokomo:

lol you no lie o just hearing of him but has anyone testified to his credit?
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by amdman: 3:02am On Jan 11, 2020
Stakekay1:
The price AMDMAN quotes is it inclusive of custom clearing and other duty charge or just landing cost?

The quoted price includes every every.

Pick up your car at the port and drive home or arrange with someone to deliver to you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by amdman: 3:04am On Jan 11, 2020
BarrSly:

lol you no lie o just hearing of him but has anyone testified to his credit?

The thread you checked has very many testimonies.

100% positive feedback from all our clients.

Reach me via whatsapp on +14372215476

1 Like

Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by Stakekay1(m): 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
amdman:

The quoted price includes every every.

Pick up your car at the port and drive home or arrange with someone to deliver to you.
That's great. Meaning you have clearing agent that clears for you at the port?
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by CrEaToRmalden(m): 8:49am On Jan 12, 2020
I believe the OP sorted himself. For others who might be having this same question, I recommend seeing How to Buy a Car for the First Time. The piece is elaborate and also links you to THIS for a better knowledge. They are just basic things to know before buying a car as a first timer. However, you still require an expert to make things easier.
Moreover, never appear confused before sellers or they'll chisel you from behind.
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by frozen70(f): 9:13am On Jan 12, 2020
BarrSly:

2006 Toyota Avalon
2007 Toyota Camry

And my budget is

2m - 2.2m

Pls stay away from lexus, it consumes fuel

Stay away from Avalon its problems comes up every quarter

All you need is let the seller follow you to the bank, make a counter transfer and acknowledge the receipt of transfer from the bank, ask him if he got alert if he says no, follow him to his bank to confirm

But tell him this before payment and don't go alone, go with someone incase he starts behaving funny after transaction
Re: How Do I Buy A Car It’s My First Time! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:14am On Jan 12, 2020
frozen70:

Pls stay away from lexus, it consumes fuel

Stay away from Avalon its problems comes up every quarter

All you need is let the seller follow you to the bank, make a counter transfer and acknowledge the receipt of transfer from the bank, ask him if he got alert if he says no, follow him to his bank to confirm

But tell him this before payment and don't go alone, go with someone incase he starts behaving funny after transaction

embracing peace, refusing to comment

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 All-time Best-selling Cars In Nigeria / Caring For Your Car's Maf, And The Fix / Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.