Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,160 members, 7,957,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? (4380 Views)

Reactions As Management Of Abia State University Discriminate Among Indigenes. / Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by olasaad(f): 9:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
ksbusari:
unilorin

What do u mean by unilorin? If the school turn you down, it's because you don't meet up with their requirement and also the school always have the highest number of admission seekers which makes it difficult to admit students.

Always get your facts before comment and "salient they say it golden" so if you are not sure of something it's better you remain salient in order not to confused others
Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by ABOKI9ja: 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
cybriz82:

dnt d tym to argue with u at all.av been there so i knw sup.....sometym i laff when i see list of student that got admission with only 3 edo state.2abia state. 6kwara state..n about 950 northernerz..
and How many Northerners are admitted every year in Ur zone Unis?
Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by abdulkayus(m): 9:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
cybriz82:

dnt d tym to argue with u at all.av been there so i knw sup.....sometym i laff when i see list of student that got admission with only 3 edo state.2abia state. 6kwara state..n about 950 northernerz..

At least it is still better in northern university. What is d population of westerners and northerners in eastern university? Western university are also trying sha t northern university tried more in offering admission to non indigene

1 Like

Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by Kemperor: 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
Northern Universities
Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ahmadu Bello university and universities in the east discriminate
Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by Nphzzycute(f): 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
levisco16:

THANKS , what do you intend to study?
communication and language arts bro which is equivalent to mass communication in other schools

what about you?
Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by ishowdotgmail(m): 11:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
SonOfEl:
Every university discriminates, but there are those that discriminate more than others.

UI discriminates, OAU too. UNILAG is less discriminatory.

UNN and UNIZIK discriminates, but MOUAU is less discriminatory.

UNIJOS is less discriminatory Thant the rest of the northern universities.

UNIPORT is less discriminatory too.

U just sit and type rubbish. Wch UI discriminate. Same UI I graduated from?

At OP, admission to UI is based on merit. Once u meet the the requirement, auto admission. Comman see plenty ibo and Hausa guys in UI
Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by ishowdotgmail(m): 12:10am On Mar 23, 2017
YorubasAreStupid:
BOKO HARAM WILL BOMB THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN VERY SOON

JUST MARK MY WORDS

I fear ur stupidity ooo
Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 23, 2017
olasaad:

What do u mean by unilorin? If the school turn you down, it's because you don't meet up with their requirement and also the school always have the highest number of admission seekers which makes it difficult to admit students.

Always get your facts before comment and "salient they say it golden" so if you are not sure of something it's better you remain salient in order not to confused others
lol... i laughed when I saw this. i can write a whole epistle on unilorin. what is the criteria BTW? departmental cut offs? don't bring the criteria thing up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by Efewestern: 6:48am On Mar 23, 2017
owodokiri:

Have you tried any eastern school? The competition is stiff. That doesn't mean you were discriminated against. You pass well, you get your admission. simple

tribalism shouldn't be brought into this issue, all Universities in Nigeria discriminate, sw and se are worst, yes they are worst because 97% of admitted students are Yoruba and igbo, are you telling me others ain't intelligent?, I got a friend then who was seeking admission from one uni in SE, she scored more than the cut off mark but she wasn't admitted, Schools exempted from this are UNN, UNILAG and oAU the rest discriminates this is just the bitter truth.

If you are seeking admission try most schools in SS, Fupre, Uniport, delsu is even trying.

my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by Basic123: 7:29am On Mar 23, 2017
Efewestern:

tribalism shouldn't be brought into this issue, all Universities in Nigeria discriminate, sw and se are worst, yes they are worst because 97% of admitted students are Yoruba and igbo, are you telling me others ain't intelligent?, I got a friend then who was seeking admission from one uni in SE, she scored more than the cut off mark but she wasn't admitted, Schools exempted from this are UNN, UNILAG and oAU the rest discriminates this is just the bitter truth.

If you are seeking admission try most schools in SS, Fupre, Uniport, delsu is even trying.

my opinion.
so,UI discriminates?....You must be kidding.She and the Fed university of tech and Agric in nigeria are the universities without catchment areas.
Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by olasaad(f): 7:35am On Mar 23, 2017
YorubasAreStupid:
shut up.

Useless school of hijab and Islamic studies

Lol...at least u have voice out your problem I just pray one day you may meet someone that we help you out. Your hatred for Muslims can make you jump into the lagoon.

You can drop your next quote in the trash can because I am out of here
Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by JackieMay(f): 8:39am On Mar 23, 2017
don't even near unilorin. their discriminatory level is in a category of its own. Unilag is pretty transparent in their admission processes

1 Like

Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by JackieMay(f): 8:43am On Mar 23, 2017
olasaad:

dey there dey decieve yourself. everyone knows unilorin is not transparent in their admission processes

1 Like

Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by Claroo(m): 8:43am On Mar 23, 2017
Jozprecious:
lol... i laughed when I saw this. i can write a whole epistle on unilorin. what is the criteria BTW? departmental cut offs? don't bring the criteria thing up.
Same Unilorin I saw one Ilorin guy with 39% given admission in 2008 and yet my friend from Osun with 74% was not given any course. The discrimination for Unilorin na die,no mind the guy.

1 Like

Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by proffemi: 10:47am On Mar 23, 2017
iaamxavier:
lol I think most eastern and northern school are very strict on non indegene but if u talk about the west I say OAU

If you don't know, why don't you keep your mouth shut rather than spew ignorant rubbish? My department alone has a disproportionately high number of students from Anambra State in particular, and having been involved in the admission process multiple times, I know for a fact that your ignorant guess is baseless.
Re: Which University Discriminate People Who Are Not From Their State and Region? by fergie001: 4:20am On Mar 24, 2017
My advise is simple:
OP,write ur exams and pass high.Every University in this country discriminates.The proportion is what differs but that should not be your problem.
I am Igbo and had my 1st degree in a Fed Univ in S/E,and growing up saw UI as an epicenter of tribalism.
Today,I am a PG student in UI,having not stepped into Ibadan let alone UI all my life.You can say the competition is terrible...just make sure your result is great but if its this UI I am studying now,u pass U enter,forget anybody telling u anything contrary.
Wish U success ahead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In!!! World Map Has Been Updated / OYIBO TOO MUCH: Now You Can Watch Your Heart Beat Live (photos) / Anambra State University, Uli. Ansu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.