Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? (25761 Views)

Is Further Mathematics Compulsory To Study Computer Engineering? / Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? / 12 Universities To Choose If From You Want To Study Computer Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by fortifiedng: 1:32am On Dec 16, 2018
Please which university is best for studying computer science in Nigeria

Unilag
FUTA
University of Nigeria

Please, really need help

Thanks.
Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 7:07am On Dec 16, 2018
I don't much about these schools but i will personally chose FUTA because as a Tech university it is practically oriented.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2018
By the way, I am a computer science student.
Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by frugal(m): 10:51am On Dec 16, 2018
fortifiedng:

Unilag
FUTA
University of Nigeria

Please, really need help

Thanks.

Richiez, Fynestboi
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun
Covenant University if your parents can afford it. Or do self study - even better. All the resources are available online.

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 16, 2018
How about futo?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 11:16am On Dec 16, 2018
Valerie47:
How about futo?
good one!
Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by Advans(m): 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2018
I can recommend FUTA

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by Heywhizzy(m): 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
The best place to study computer science in Nigeria is your home with your laptop or go to any good computer school.. Most Nigerian universities if not all will spend four years teaching you ancient computer languages and what is computer

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by officialfysh(m): 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
FUTO
Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by phrezzz: 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
Any Nigeria University will teach you computer science on Paper. I think UNN are trying they have a system that teach student the principles of Programming in 2nd year(I think you will learn C++ or Java) Practical wise. But truth is school won't give you motivation. It's yourself. There are numerous Youtube videos to choose from to learn that's if Software would be your thing.
I would recommend

UI
UNN
CONVENANT(if money no be problem)
FUTA

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by wikiadamin: 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
esm

Photos Of Davido And His Girlfriend Chioma Is Causing Trouble Online

https://pulsenaija.com.ng/gist/davido-and-his-girlfriend/

1 Like

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by Edopesin: 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
Heywhizzy:
Not Uniben
you just said my mind
Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by drey076(m): 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
Non
Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by emmyw(m): 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
UI

2 Likes

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by ejihand(m): 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
Advans:
I can recommend FUTA

Yahoo things

1 Like

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by hisexcellency34: 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State. The number one university in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by Strangebuttrue(m): 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
FUTMINNA

19 Likes

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by Seetto: 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
NOUN grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by Sholaco: 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
U can try NOUN

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by dust144(m): 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
Go to wuse zone 3 Abuja and learn.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
Let the vote begin........

Modify: By the way, which lucky member of the forum will give us President MUHAMMADU BUHARI official birthday thread tomorrow ?!
You will get a very special gift from us.
Guys, start working towards that!
Patriots, we know all of us can't be there, but y'all duly represented.
See you when we come back from Aso Rock.
Happy birthday in advance to our handsome daddy!
Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by hucienda: 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
Computer Science?

Try a private varsity. Covenant University would be best in-country.

6 Likes

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by HigherEd: 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
Come to Covenant. We would welcome you with open arms.

4 Likes

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by haryomikun(m): 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
Okay okay. I had to book space to make my first FP in a long while lol

As to the OP's question, I don't know about the quality of computer science in UNN and FUTA but one thing I do know is..... Unilag is located in Yaba, same place where the Andela office is located and yet, Andela picks more OAU students to train than Yabatech and Unilag Students combined. I assume you're looking for options outside those three schools you mentioned, that's why I'm bringing in the OAU option.

I believe OAU is really good at computer science and computer engineering. I can't claim it is the best because I don't know the strength of other schools, but I've related with some of their computer science and comp. engineering students during my visits and those guys are smart!

N.B: Just so you know, OAU is quite boring if you're looking to experience the campus life. Chicks no dey give guys puna well and club + city life is dead there. Just know you'll smoke a lot of weed at Ife and relate with some of the brightest minds the SouthWest has to offer.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by airsaylongcon: 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
Valerie47:
How about futo?

Great University. Very impressed with the FUTO grads I've come across

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
Teach ur self. None of those schools teach computer science abeg except for some private ones

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
fortifiedng:

Unilag
FUTA
University of Nigeria

Please, really need help

Thanks.

University of Computer Science, Nigeria
Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by micah04: 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
UNIBEN...
Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by Akinowon123(m): 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
Go lautech, u learn and buy benz in 6months

14 Likes

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2018
frankosivue:
I don't much about these schools but i will personally chose FUTA because as a Tech university it is practically oriented.
...I will...choose.../I choose...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? by Bibble: 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2018
Studying computer science in the university in Nigeria is a waste.. They're not teaching them anything, if not, outdated things. Imagine teaching undergraduates Fortran.. That old language in 2018..

Go to school for something manageable like computer engineering and self learn everything there is about computer science from your buddies in the dept. Then take paid courses online from sites like brilliant, Allison, udemy, skillshare etc.

Ps.. I'm a computer science graduate too

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TETFUND Projects In Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma - Thompson Jotham / Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities / Why Students Fail To Graduate With Good Grades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.