Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You (6225 Views)

OANDO Staff Appeal For Support And Urgent Intervention In The Mass Sacking / Lacasera Company Workers Protest Over The Sacking Of 700 Workers / Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2009
Hello House,

Please I want those that has been revealed of their duties by the 25 consolidated banks we have in Nigeria to please come out in the open and let us know how it all happened.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by Finecat(m): 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2009
CarlosVent:

Hello House,

Please I want those that has been releaved of their duties by the 25 consolidated banks we have in Nigeria to please come out in the open and let us know how it all happened.

Do you really think proud bank workers will come here and open yansh just like that?? Bank workers are trained to glorify slavery even when it appear they are about to lose their head. Hell will freeze over before a bank worker will come here and tell you how he lost his "Bigmanship".
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2009
hmmm well lets see who will open the floor first then I know others will follow
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by thosinebro: 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2009
Why do u need this info?Just for the fun of it?guys,pls grow.This isnt funny at all!
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by k4kenny(f): 10:56pm On Dec 21, 2009
i dont think anybody will want to reveal such a traumatic experience undecided
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by Tpharell: 9:42am On Dec 22, 2009
How can they read ur post and even reply u without internet access! The internet access they had was that of the bank and now that is gone.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by oluite(f): 9:57am On Dec 22, 2009
I really dont understand.ar u happy about d news?or is it lik a testimony or a good news or somtin?i am trying to understand.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2009
oluite:

I really dont understand.ar u happy about d news?or is it lik a testimony or a good news or somtin?i am trying to understand.

No one is happy that they were sacked but normal experience sharing will be ok.
so lets hear from you
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by breathless(m): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2009
I think the topic shld extend to those those in the financial service sector including motgage banks, micro-finance bank, insurance, stockbroking/issuing houses (investment banking), etc.

That way, we'll get a broader view.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 12:43pm On Dec 22, 2009
breathless:

I think the topic shld extend to those those in the financial service sector including motgage banks, micro-finance bank, insurance, stockbroking/issuing houses (investment banking), etc.

That way, we'll get a broader view.

Yah ur right. soon I will be taking it there
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by freemansun: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2009
What info do u guys really want? Check the dailies. Or do u want to no how d victim had planned to send his/her child to a good sch come January was shattered or how he/she could not send money home 4 his family to feed this xmas? I need u guys to elaborate on this n let me know how these will enhance u.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 6:49pm On Dec 24, 2009
freemansun:

What info do u guys really want? Check the dailies. Or do u want to no how d victim had planned to send his/her child to a good sch come January was shattered or how he/she could not send money home 4 his family to feed this xmas? I need u guys to elaborate on this n let me know how these will enhance u.

we just want to know which bank gave them the marching orders and the reason they gave for sacking them thats all
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by geezonaire: 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2009
@carlosvent,u know i saw dis thread and i was kind of wondering what kind of foolish graduate will post such a topic,do you tink they like what happened to them,its like exposing their unclothedness,i think the best advice i can give u now is to grow up.Use ur brain for something good 4 u, Get wisdom,
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by realmen: 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2009
Gbam!
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2009
geezonaire:

@carlosvent,u know i saw dis thread and i was kind of wondering what kind of foolish graduate will post such a topic,do you tink they like what happened to them,its like exposing their unclothedness,i think the best advice i can give u now is to grow up.Use your brain for something good 4 u, Get wisdom,

Grow up u said hmmmmm I dont blame u shaa u get ur mouth. pls dont bring insults here cos u wnt like what i can exhibit so keep calm and let our sacked members or guests tell us hw it happened.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by Fjbaba: 12:00pm On Dec 27, 2009
embarassed embarassed embarassed@ Carlo or wetin u call ursef. U're a very big fool, infact u r so stupid. Had it been u were one of those pple dat were sacked and u av so many pple dependin on u aw wil u feel? Wat foolish info. do u wanna hear? Its not ur fault sha, since u r stil jobless and neva get to work 4 once. Look I no be Banker bt a student in one of the universities abroad, I delibratly joind dis forum so as to reply ur rubbish write up. Chang ur childish way of thinkin. angry angry angry
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by k4kenny(f): 3:43pm On Dec 27, 2009
CarlosVent:

we just want to know which bank gave them the marching orders and the reason they gave for sacking them thats all

we ke? who elsewants to know but you.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by geezonaire: 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ Fjbaba & K4kenny, kudos to you guys,i feel u two, May 2010 be a year of outstanding testimonies 4 us and everyone reading this, AMEN, It is well
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 8:28am On Dec 28, 2009
Fjbaba:

embarassed embarassed embarassed@ Carlo or wetin u call ursef. U're a very big fool, infact u r so silly. Had it been u were one of those pple dat were sacked and u av so many pple dependin on u aw wil u feel? Wat foolish info. do u wanna hear? Its not your fault sha, since u r stil jobless and neva get to work 4 once. Look I no be Banker bt a student in one of the universities abroad, I delibratly joind dis forum so as to reply your rubbish write up. Chang your childish way of thinkin. angry angry angry

Thanks lol at least your number 218 of people have made to join this forum. now i know u may be 1 of them. no wonder ur first post was just to attack and insult.

Pls i dont mean any harm here bt just a share of the experience dats all.

we are waiting to hear from you all
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by geezonaire: 10:07am On Dec 28, 2009
@carlosvt, u know i dont what kind of person u are,you wanna hear xperience,go to their HR in head office,collect the data of those sacked,call their numbers and visit their houses to question them,i think this way u will fill ur ears and make ursef happy.Next time dont say 'WE' are waitin to hear from them say 'YOU', GROW UP
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by samtoye(m): 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2009
CarlosVent:

Hello House,

Please I want those that has been releaved of their duties by the 25 consolidated banks we have in Nigeria to please come out in the open and let us know how it all happened.

You all criticize him but his post is growing so fast with over 1500 view and 19 replies,

Why are you guys so hard on CarlosVent? i'm sure he meant no harm. We all share bad experience atimes, similar to how people would ask you to share your armed robber experience. This could even create an opportunity for them to share ideas of business or unite to fight the powers that be in the bank. Empathy or sympathy is not what these people need cos that wont put food on their table, way forward is what is needed and all ideas should be reviewed. United we stand.

( i am not a banker; i work in a communication company but they are still my brothers, sisters and friends, and its a warning to the rest of us, nobody is safe).
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 4:21am On Dec 29, 2009
geezonaire:

@carlosvt, u know i dont what kind of person u are,you wanna hear xperience,go to their HR in head office,collect the data of those sacked,call their numbers and visit their houses to question them,i think this way u will fill your ears and make ursef happy.Next time dont say 'WE' are waitin to hear from them say 'YOU', GROW UP

You failed the topic of this thread and I wonder who will grow up. You or I?

samtoye:

You all criticize him but his post is growing so fast with over 1500 view and 19 replies,

Why are you guys so hard on CarlosVent? i'm sure he meant no harm. We all share bad experience atimes, similar to how people would ask you to share your armed robber experience. This could even create an opportunity for them to share ideas of business or unite to fight the powers that be in the bank. Empathy or sympathy is not what these people need cos that wont put food on their table, way forward is what is needed and all ideas should be reviewed. United we stand.

( i am not a banker; i work in a communication company but they are still my brothers, sisters and friends, and its a warning to the rest of us, nobody is safe).

Your the one who seem to understand what I mean here. Thanks a lot cos it takes more to read and also understand. Nigerians pls if your one of the people that lost their banking Jobs, we need to hear from you.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by atilla(m): 10:11am On Dec 29, 2009
Those people will definetely post very soon.

Just that right now im sure they are not in the right frame of mind to come to nairaland. They would some would be in 'mourning' some in sober depressed state, some looking for what next to do and mobilising themselves for the future. I pray for all of them and wish every nlander the best in 2010
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by chatupkay: 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2009
Just one simple lesson to learn from all these bank retrechment is
to learn how to[b] save for the rainy days.[/b]

Sincerely, most bankers rarely live the banking sector because majority of them cant fit into other sectors of the economy
due to the standard they have created for themselves.
it's so difficult now to get another job becos all banks are firing now.

I just want to express my sympathy for those sacked in those banks.
God will definately make a way.

Nigeria is so bad, that they have to pay for the sins of others!!!
God help us.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by sumbys(f): 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
how on earth, wl someone say that sacked bankers shud shared their sad experience, am not sure ds fella wants to learnt but just make mockery of ds fellas,,,,but wat on earth wl ds fetch, oh perhaps ds gvs gets a down to yr orgasm or sometn, do u knw wat awaits u on yr own job as well, lets not male joyout of others pain, SUCKER!
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by nnemak(m): 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm is not a funny thing o. The heat has affected not only the relieved bankers but their dependants. don’t forget that for every relived bankers we have 15 dependants! (direct and indirect dependants)!

I just pray they get employed or start earning money via business soonest.
grin grin
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2009
Thread locked.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by koolpal(m): 4:25pm On Jan 01, 2010
what infor do you really want except to scorn a bank that may have look down on U, Grow up guy
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2010
Dear All,

Many has just been sacked again. The banks must be crazy. This is not saying good about our economy.

Please we need you to share your sack experience with us if you are victim.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by ben4: 1:59pm On Jan 09, 2010
what we should learn from all this is don't live above your means
don't borrow except u want to invest in a calculated less risky venture

when i got my letter of disengagement, i just went upstairs to worship God
b/cos i understand that even though it looks like a lost, God can turn it to a blessing
because i know that some people have become richer this way
ie after being paid off you strike another job immediate an earn double salary im one
month, ie salary from new job+ one month pay in lieu of notice from the former employer+ severance package

what i don't understand about it is the fact that Junior staffs like ETs are being retrenched when
our salary will not impact much on the cost cutting target.

all the may HIS name be praise, I have moved on, is just that sympathisers are disturbing me with
their calls,

1 Like

Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by Jarus(m): 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2010
I don't work in a bank, but by the nature of my job(Tax Accountant), I deal with bankers. It's a pity to hear that two of the bankers I work with are now gone with the wind. Both are from Oceanic bank and I wonder what criteria they used that affected these ladies. These were people I spoke with a couple of weeks ago and we even had ongoing transactions. I even attentioned her in my last letter to the bank, only to be told she had been sacked and a new officer introduced to me. Very active and passionate about their job. They have been in the system for over 4 years. I was shocked to hear their sack last week.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Christmas Gifts To Employees Taxable? / Beng(chemical), Internship In Shell, & Msc (petroleum) Abroad, Still Jobless: / Get A New Job -revit, 3ds Max, Autocad, Archicad, Primavera, Ms Project Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.