Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You (6221 Views)

OANDO Staff Appeal For Support And Urgent Intervention In The Mass Sacking / Lacasera Company Workers Protest Over The Sacking Of 700 Workers / Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2010
ben4:

what we should learn from all this is don't live above your means
don't borrow except u want to invest in a calculated less risky venture

when i got my letter of disengagement, i just went upstairs to worship God
b/cos i understand that even though it looks like a lost, God can turn it to a blessing
because i know that some people have become richer this way
ie after being paid off you strike another job immediate an earn double salary im one
month, ie salary from new job+ one month pay in lieu of notice from the former employer+ severance package

what i don't understand about it is the fact that Junior staffs like ETs are being retrenched when
our salary will not impact much on the cost cutting target.

all the may HIS name be praise, I have moved on, is just that sympathisers are disturbing me with
their calls,

I feel you my brother. And you gave a good advice. God will and must surely lift you above them all.
At least your the only one that has come out hope other will follow suit.

This Sanusi has done good and the worst and I think He wants to Introduce Islamic banking to Nigerians.
Well lets watch as things unravels

Jarus:

I don't work in a bank, but by the nature of my job(Tax Accountant), I deal with bankers. It's a pity to hear that two of the bankers I work with are now gone with the wind. Both are from Oceanic bank and I wonder what criteria they used that affected these ladies. These were people I spoke with a couple of weeks ago and we even had ongoing transactions. I even attentioned her in my last letter to the bank, only to be told she had been sacked and a new officer introduced to me. Very active and passionate about their job. They have been in the system for over 4 years. I was shocked to hear their sack last week.

Well this shows that anything can happen at any time and whats needed in this country is for someone to be skilled in one job, work or the other.

We need more views please
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by akonamone(m): 2:49am On Jan 10, 2010
Everyone on this thread, u all sound like bankers loosing their job is a death sentence, well, yes i was one of the 1,500 let off the hook in recently, to me i felt kinda relieved, maybe because im of the school of thought that good or bad, nothing in life is permanent. I took as a push for me to move on to a greater phase in my life. Those of u that still have ur jobs its a lesson, whatever the industry u are in, unless u own the company or its ur parents, you will one day leave that company by force or by ur own volition. So get prepared!
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2010
akonam_one:

Everyone on this thread, u all sound like bankers loosing their job is a death sentence, well, yes i was one of the 1,500 let off the hook in recently, to me i felt kinda relieved, maybe because im of the school of thought that good or bad, nothing in life is permanent. I took as a push for me to move on to a greater phase in my life. Those of u that still have your jobs its a lesson, whatever the industry u are in, unless u own the company or its your parents, you will one day leave that company by force or by your own volition. So get prepared!

Thanks a lot pls for coming out. this is not anything bad. this is cos its good to share ur experience. when God makes a place to reject u den ur work there is over. its done to make u grow higher above that place. so do not worry or regret anything cos God is in control.

We need ur views pls
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by Cytosin: 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2010
akonam_one:

Everyone on this thread, u all sound like bankers loosing their job is a death sentence, well, yes i was one of the 1,500 let off the hook in recently, to me i felt kinda relieved, maybe because im of the school of thought that good or bad, nothing in life is permanent. I took as a push for me to move on to a greater phase in my life. Those of u that still have your jobs its a lesson, whatever the industry u are in, unless u own the company or its your parents, you will one day leave that company by force or by your own volition. So get prepared!

I've seen this many times. Why do some Nigerians use "Loose" instead of "Lose" in their sentences?? I used to think it was just a mistake but after seeing this time and time again, it's annoying.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 9:08pm On Jan 14, 2010
WE need more veiws pls
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 9:39pm On Jan 16, 2010
I love the courage of people coming here.
pls we need more from others. lets hear from you
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by Onumacious: 1:10am On Jan 17, 2010
carlos or wetin u call urself ur post open ur yash cos d post N ur response no get CONCORD i hope say u do ur GST 101 well if i go advise u i go say make u go back 2 sec. sch. 4 u to get d BASIC thigs right e dey very important.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by bob2039: 4:50am On Jan 17, 2010
for the poster i dont really know what u want, but i will share a bitter experience with u, i work with one of the banks and i have seen how dhl comes in every morning to distribute lay off letters, and let me tell u tho i was affected have seen over 15 colleagues affected right b4 my eyes, for those waiting for stories to mock those sacked i pray u know what u are doing, every one seems to see bakers live life that is larger than life but many seems not to know that it the job that has taken majority of their life, i seems not to understand these bankers beef, my heart goes to every one affected, as we say from my own bank THIS TOO SHALL PASS, certainly these too shall come to pass,, many lost their jobs wen soludo came as a result of consolidation ,have u all forgotten?, so many will still lose after sanusi has run his term in office, these is nigeria.thanks
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2010
Onumacious:

carlos or wetin u call urself your post open your yash cos d post N your response no get CONCORD i hope say u do your GST 101 well if i go advise u i go say make u go back 2 sec. sch. 4 u to get d BASIC thigs right e dey very important.

I wonder whats ur aim of visiting here. is it to insult to show ur level of literacy or to just talk cos u can type? i wonder. pls if u dnt have any good pertaining to what is being said the door is open u can close it.

bob2039:

for the poster i dont really know what u want, but i will share a bitter experience with u, i work with one of the banks and i have seen how dhl comes in every morning to distribute lay off letters, and let me tell u tho i was affected have seen over 15 colleagues affected right b4 my eyes, for those waiting for stories to mock those sacked i pray u know what u are doing, every one seems to see bakers live life that is larger than life but many seems not to know that it the job that has taken majority of their life, i seems not to understand these bankers beef, my heart goes to every one affected, as we say from my own bank THIS TOO SHALL PASS, certainly these too shall come to pass,, many lost their jobs wen soludo came as a result of consolidation ,have u all forgotten?, so many will still lose after sanusi has run his term in office, these is nigeria.thanks

No one is mocking any one that lost his or her job no not at all. we just want to hear the experience of many. I believe that if I work for any one and am being sacked or d job is taken away for me I will take it in good faith and know that God wants to lift me higher above that standard.

We need ur views people.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 4:00am On Jan 23, 2010
we need your comments Nigerians
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by Onumacious: 12:45am On Jan 24, 2010
[I wonder whats your aim of visiting here. is it to insult to show your level of literacy or to just talk cos u can type? i wonder. pls if u dnt have any good pertaining to what is being said the door is open u can close it.]

Na u i go dey ask wetin bi ur aim wey make u post dis yeye question.

i know say na idleness cos dis one i understand.

bro no vexooo we no dey quere u hear me so?
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 12:08am On Jan 25, 2010
Onumacious:

[I wonder whats your aim of visiting here. is it to insult to show your level of literacy or to just talk cos u can type? i wonder. pls if u dnt have any good pertaining to what is being said the door is open u can close it.]

Na u i go dey ask wetin bi your aim wey make u post dis yeye question.

i know say na idleness cos dis one i understand.

bro no vexooo we no dey quere u hear me so?

No one is quarreling anything with u man but when u want to talk u talk in a pleasing way.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by telneting: 10:26am On Jan 25, 2010
Hello Ben4,

It's not the end of life, thank God ur a good Christian. God will surely give u a bigger job. Amen, One love.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 12:32am On Jan 26, 2010
telneting:

Hello Ben4,

It's not the end of life, thank God your a good Christian. God will surely give u a bigger job. Amen, One love.

U said it all. I luv people like you. your encouragement was just the best. Keep it up Man
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by meandyou00(m): 2:07am On Jan 27, 2010
house, allow me to share my story. i was sacked coz i screwed carlos' mom real gud. she is d honourable HR of NWBank : NON-VIRGIN WHORES BANK. pls sympathize wit me (sobbing)
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by segoye2(m): 10:07am On Jan 27, 2010
Is annoying to see people loose thier job. I have a friend in the north that got caught in the mass sacking. The experience is too terrible Carlos'. Do you know we now have potentials of having more criminals in town as a result of the ills done by the mass sack? The question here is what was the reason behind the sack?

Some persons stole bank money for their selfish interest. They are exposed and the only option was to have poor Nigerians suffer the misdeeds.

It took Soludo 25Billion naira to make banks standout with total security; it took same Soludo no collateral to borrow big wigs Billions of Naira from same banks.

Do you know that one of the borrowers on the list took more than it takes to own a bank? While a jerk borrows a whole bank, what experience would you expect poor bankers to share?

Am just too sorry for those younger girls they trade thier body for deposits. Most of this girls have lost both their physical and spiritual dignity. My very first week in Nigeria, I saw how this ladies operate and sincerely, what more do you expect from people that felt used and dumped?

Forget whatever thing anyone tells you on this topic. You have worked out a good topic. I expect to have the result of your findings published on Media Lens Africa Journal. Don't allow anyone to shout you down.

Mail me when you can on: media@medialensafrica.com

Fondest Love.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by segoye2(m): 10:10am On Jan 27, 2010
Is annoying to see people loose thier job. I have a friend in the north that got caught in the mass sacking. The experience is too terrible Carlos'. Do you know we now have potentials of having more criminals in town as a result of the ills done by the mass sack? The question here is what was the reason behind the sack?

Some persons stole bank money for their selfish interest. They are exposed and the only option was to have poor Nigerians suffer the misdeeds.

It took Soludo 25Billion naira to make banks standout with total security; it took same Soludo no collateral to borrow big wigs Billions of Naira from same banks.

Do you know that one of the borrowers on the list took more than it takes to own a bank? While a jerk borrows a whole bank, what experience would you expect poor bankers to share?

Am just too sorry for those younger girls that trade thier body for deposits. Most of this girls have lost both their physical and spiritual dignity. My very first week in Nigeria, I saw how this ladies operate and sincerely, what more do you expect from people that felt used and dumped?

Forget whatever thing anyone tells you on this topic. You have worked out a good topic. I expect to have the result of your findings published on Media Lens Africa Journal. Don't allow anyone to shout you down.

Mail me when you can on: media@medialensafrica.com

Fondest Love.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2010
meandyou00:

house, allow me to share my story. i was sacked coz i screwed carlos' mom real gud. she is d honourable HR of NWBank : NON-VIRGIN WHORES BANK. pls sympathize wit me (sobbing)

This shows me the level of literacy you have. One that has something upstairs with a good background and also training from a good parents cant utter rubbish like you doing. May God forgive you Man
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by tkb417(m): 2:41pm On Jan 28, 2010
Cytosin:

I've seen this many times. Why do some Nigerians use "Loose" instead of "Lose" in their sentences?? I used to think it was just a mistake but after seeing this time and time again, it's annoying.
lol, ure right!
lose = loose for Nigerians grin grin grin

@topic
i dont pray for a sack o but if i get sacked, then thts the end of paid employment for me

i wont even be sad cos right now, i stressed and i look forward to when i can be waking up 8am to mind my biz as opposed to waking up by 4am like a wizard to mind other peeps biz

a sack is not the end of the world; u get sacked, move on to greater things
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by segoye2(m): 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2010
I see your point. But is totally unreasonable to edit grammer on forum. You seem to have seen loads of errors in the past and present but fail to see sentences that starts with lower casing, unproven short syntactic codes, faulty parallelism, ambigious atributes etc.

Who is paying you to fool your person? I have written more than 30 articles published on BBC, VOA etc and on VOX Africa TV, London, your dull head was found missing in them. Your stony mouth must have caught fire this time. NL modirators must your on your fingers soonest.

I love you, but hate it when you see yourself too special to insult anyone. Seun had helped a lot, for without NL, we wouldn't have taught each other the simple lesson.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by Eeyore(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2010
segoye2:

I see your point. But is totally unreasonable to edit grammer on forum. You seem to have seen loads of errors in the past and present but fail to see sentences that starts with lower casing, unproven short syntactic codes, faulty parallelism, ambigious atributes etc.

Who is paying you to fool your person? I have written more than 30 articles published on BBC, VOA etc and on VOX Africa TV, London, your dull head was found missing in them. Your stony mouth must have caught fire this time. NL modirators must your on your fingers soonest.

I love you, but hate it when you see yourself too special to insult anyone. Seun had helped a lot, for without NL, we wouldn't have taught each other the simple lesson.

Bros, no disrespect, but with grammar like this, I'm not sure which BBC and VOA published your works. Probably Badagry Broadcasting Corporation and Voice of Amansi. grin grin
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 30, 2010
I work in a manufacturing company. Recently , my company sacked 400 workers comprising contract staff, management staff , middle level and junior staff. I was lucky to escape the axe , but most of my friends were not so lucky. What I learnt from the retrenchment exercise was 1. Pay my tithe regularly 2. Try to save for the rainy day 3. Engaging myself in a small business venture 4.Updating my skills by learning java and autocad so as to be more marketable.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by tkb417(m): 10:51am On Feb 01, 2010
segoye2:

and ur point is? lol

i dont understand this thing above
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by tkb417(m): 10:52am On Feb 01, 2010
Eeyore:

Bros, no disrespect, but with grammar like this, I'm not sure which BBC and VOA published your works. Probably Badagry Broadcasting Corporation and Voice of Amansi. grin grin
bwahahahahahahaaha

ure mean! i didnt even understand the man's point
BBC and VOA must be suffering cheesy
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 12:51pm On Feb 01, 2010
pls tell the guy that says he writes for VOA i dnt even know if he is their gateMan or what well we need ur views others
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by page1: 9:39am On Feb 22, 2010
only God will judge those fools dat carried out such an exercise can u imagine someone spending one yr in d industry and was sack afterward is dat right ?
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2010
page1:

only God will judge those fools dat carried out such an exercise can u imagine someone spending one yr in d industry and was sack afterward is dat right ?

Its really a pity my brother. the banking Industry has really sent many to their early graves.

Pls we need your views,
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by Yoighaman(m): 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2010
Inasmuch as the experiences of the sacked bankers are poignant and the actions of the bank owners ‘not commendable’; we should be mindful that these are businessmen who are profit oriented and core capitalist who seek to maximize profit at the expense of ‘anybody’

I do not support their actions and at the least, they should have had some empathy on these guys many of whom worked assiduously for their companies before embarking on the mass sack.

The Poster of this thread have not asked for too much; if people could come out openly to share painful experiences such as r*a-p*e, sexual assault, strained relationships, loss of a loved one, affliction with deadly diseases, e.t.c I do not see any reason why we shouldn’t learn from their experiences.

NL comprises various categories of people which include the young and inexperienced who would immensely benefit from the lessons learnt from these unprecedented experiences.

Cheers.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2010
Yoighaman:

Inasmuch as the experiences of the sacked bankers are poignant and the actions of the bank owners ‘not commendable’; we should be mindful that these are businessmen who are profit oriented and core capitalist who seek to maximize profit at the expense of ‘anybody’

I do not support their actions and at the least, they should have had some empathy on these guys many of whom worked assiduously for their companies before embarking on the mass sack.

The Poster of this thread have not asked for too much; if people could come out openly to share painful experiences such as r*a-p*e, sexual assault, strained relationships, loss of a loved one, affliction with deadly diseases, e.t.c I do not see any reason why we shouldn’t learn from their experiences.

NL comprises various categories of people which include the young and inexperienced who would immensely benefit from the lessons learnt from these unprecedented experiences.

Cheers.

U said it all d Honorable one.

Pls don't feel hostile just let us hear ur experience.
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by CarlosVent(m): 10:11am On Apr 21, 2010
We need ur views now
Re: The Bank Sacking News == Were You Sacked? Lets Hear From You by Asanni5: 4:26pm On Apr 21, 2010
Tanx guys for all u have written. Just stumbled on this thread and feel good to share my exprience. My services for the legacy Coop Bank of 5yrs was transfered to Skye Bank in 2006 and was there till Dec 2009. I rose to become a BDM, a branch manager. I was laid off based on the performance of my branch on a target that it will take getting the account of Bill Gates to meet. I have moved on with my life but still ponder why the 'sins' of those at the top will be visited on those below. They said that bad debt portfolio is high and provisioning took all the profit and left losses and my question is 'who approved those loans that are now bad?'. Why won't all members of the board get a taste of this 'non performance' booty by loosing their seats?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Christmas Gifts To Employees Taxable? / Beng(chemical), Internship In Shell, & Msc (petroleum) Abroad, Still Jobless: / Get A New Job -revit, 3ds Max, Autocad, Archicad, Primavera, Ms Project Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.