Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note (616 Views)

"Dragging God" Trends As Nigerians Take To Twitter To Blame God / Apostle Suleman Speaks On His Preferred Candidate: 'Thief Better Than A Killer' / Abortion: Don't Turn Murderer For A Man, Hand Over The Baby To Him Let Him Do It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by peteregwu(m): 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2017
SUICIDE IS MURDER AND A MURDERER IS A KILLER

Exodus 20:13 KJV
"Thou shalt not kill."

Suicide is not the way out of your problem or circumstances. Anyone who wants to get involved in such terrible voyage should think twice.

Suicide is the beginning of unending sorrows in hell fire. These days we hear of sorrowful news of those committing suicide in Nigeria. It is becoming rampant these days.

In fact, it has become a norm, mostly at the third mainland Bridge in Lagos. Since last week I have been hearing of news emanating from that area whereby individuals will just quickly park their cars and jump into the sea. It is not even the cause of poverty or from poor people this time. The reports from the RSS claim some are even rich men with classy cars.

This is just pathetic! If this people are well rooted in the word of God and they have profound knowledge of God's judgment after life, I don't think they will ever thought of taking such preposterous step.

If you commit suicide, God sees you as a killer/murderer. You don't have the right to take away the life that you can't create. If you do and think you have escape troubles of the world, you are mistaken. God will judge you and you will be cast into hell fire forever.

1 John 3:15 KJV
"..... and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him."
Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by yomi007k(m): 9:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
grin

So wat will u do to sm1 who has attempted or plans to attempt suicide?

Kill dem......smart dudes

1 Like

Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by teemanbastos(m): 11:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
People who are depressed might not share because of lack of trust which is a rarity nowadays.
Op wey dey shout... You obviously don't know what depressed people are going through.
The depressed man that can't feed... Pay off his bills and see whether he would still attempt suicide.

Instead of coming here with the hard nature of the Law.... Why not use the soft, gentle easy method of the saviour?

3 Likes

Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by Pastafarian: 3:32am On Mar 22, 2017
while I admire the good intention of the OP, its full of nonsense

Christianity isn't really against suicide, the bible isn't really against it, stop twisting scriptures

anyone contemplating suicide should talk to people around them for support or send me and Hopefullandlord an email

1 Like

Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by Horus(m): 4:16am On Mar 22, 2017
If You Get Thoughts Of Committing Suicide

1. Know that it is just your prana (oxygen levels in body) which is low, so do more pranayama (breathing exercises)

2. There are millions of people who are suffering more than you, look at them. When your suffering becomes smaller you will never think of committing suicide.

3. Know that you are needed, you are useful. You have to do something in the world.

4. Forget about what people think of you. People commit suicide because they think they have lost their prestige, their status. What status? What prestige? Who has time to think about your prestige? Everybody is entangled with their own problems, with their own mind. They can’t step out of their own mind, where do they have the time to think about you? These types of tendencies come because you think others are going to disrespect you. I tell you, it is worthless to worry about what the society thinks of you.

Mainly, we must realize that suicide is the worst thing a person can ever do.

When you start the breathing exercises, it all goes away!

1 Like

Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 22, 2017
If you are a parent contemplating suicide, think about your children. The society is no longer responsible enough to bring up orphaned children so they will most likely end up destitute and hate you for abandoning them. It's abandonment.

If you are not a parent, if you are ready to die, living without worries and stress should come easy. I mean, what else are you running away from? undecided Life is already worthless in your eyes, so what's a little lack or hate?
Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by Wilgrea7(m): 7:57am On Mar 22, 2017
OP..... suicide is a bad thing... the threat of sending someone to hell for committing suicide never helped anyone.. that person z still gonna die someday and there's no guarantee he/she will be whisked up to heaven...

suicide is not and can never be the answer... we don't win battles by running from them... anyone reading this and contemplating suicide... please rethink... share your problems here with us and we'll reason together and solve it.. if you want to protect your identity you can open another account and share the problem.. suicide is not the answer... every problem has a solution... once you know the solution, you'd feel better already... before you kill yourself over a few bad things in your life, just think about all the good ones... life is precious... please don't waste yours
Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by NPComplete: 10:54am On Mar 22, 2017
Religious Nigerians are basically idiots. Evidence show that people are getting more depressed by the day and committing suicide as a result. Instead of these religious freaks to seek ways to address the source of this depression and provide advice about how to get help, they start quoting empty bible passages. As if those people who committed suicide hadn't ever read the scriptures before taking their own lives.
If the bible telling people not to lie or commit fornication didn't stop them committing it; hell it didnt even stop some pastors from tapping humongous asses, why the heck do u think quoting scriptures here will be of any use to the really depressed? Clowns.

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

So wat will u do to sm1 who has attempted or plans to attempt suicide?

Kill dem......smart dudes

council dem and also do follow up with the word of God, prayer shud not depart from you pple

well life is spiritual desperate times calls fr desperate measure, there is a spirit in town that is causing all this calamities as Christians we shud pray and intercede for the pple of lagos . we have DAT authority given to us by Jesus to cast away any unclean spirit in his name
Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by peteregwu(m): 3:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
Pastafarian:
while I admire the good intention of the OP, its full of nonsense

Christianity isn't really against suicide, the bible isn't really against it, stop twisting scriptures

anyone contemplating suicide should talk to people around them for support or send me and Hopefullandlord an email

So, people like you are the ones encouraging suicide. Claiming the Bible is not against suicide is just fallacious and absurd. What is suicide, is it not self destruction? And in God's sight that is murder. And the Bible says God is she respected of anyone. If anyone commit suicide, do you think God will pitypity him/her and show give him free thicket to heaven? Capital NO!

My post here is what God says about murder and I believe it would pass a positive message to some people if notnot yis.
Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by Pastafarian: 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
peteregwu:

So, people like you are the ones encouraging suicide. Claiming the Bible is not against suicide is just fallacious and absurd. What is suicide, is it not self destruction? And in God's sight that is murder. And the Bible says God is she respected of anyone. If anyone commit suicide, do you think God will pitypity him/her and show give him free thicket to heaven? Capital NO!

My post here is what God says about murder and I believe it would pass a positive message to some people if notnot yis.

I need you to prove that suicide is unforgivable using your Bible only

do not "murder" English by trying to say suicide falls under murder

Murder: the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

it takes at least 2 to murder, suicide takes just one

people like you are the ones encouraging suicide.
show me where I did
Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by donnffd(m): 3:46pm On Mar 22, 2017
NPComplete:
Religious Nigerians are basically idiots. Evidence show that people are getting more depressed by the day and committing suicide as a result. Instead of these religious freaks to seek ways to address the source of this depression and provide advice about how to get help, they start quoting empty bible passages. As if those people who committed suicide hadn't ever read the scriptures before taking their own lives.
If the bible telling people not to lie or commit fornication didn't stop them committing it; hell it didnt even stop some pastors from tapping humongous asses, why the heck do u think quoting scriptures here will be of any use to the really depressed? Clowns.

1 Share

Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by peteregwu(m): 8:04am On Mar 27, 2017
Pastafarian:

I need you to prove that suicide is unforgivable using your Bible only

do not "murder" English by trying to say suicide falls under murder

Murder: the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

it takes at least 2 to murder, suicide takes just one

show me where I did

That means you the not a Christian. Taking life that you can't create is evil in God's sight. You don't have the right to do it. If you like believe, if you like believe, if you like Dont believe. If anyone kills himself, he/she will be cut into hell fire. Judas in the committed suicide in the Bible for his evil, if he had being patient with God and repent for betraying Jesus, he would have bee forgiven. But unfortunately, he never believed that God could forgive him and he killed himself. That is exactly the situation of many committing suicide ideas today, instead of believing that God can intervene in their situation no matter how bad it is, they end killing themself which will amount to unbelief and murder. Which sin in God's sight and no sinner will ever enter heaven.

Matthew 27:3-5 KJV
"Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, [4] Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that . [5] And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself."

Ordinary unbelief is a sin before God, how much more suicide.

Revelation 21:8 KJV
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Saying that I should show you where suicide will lead to hell fire is like telling me to show you in the Bible where it says smokers will go to hell fire. My friend heaven is real and hell fire is real. Suicide is sin in God's sight. If one should kill another the authority will judge him and cast him into prison. But when one commit suicide no man can judge because he is dead. Only God will stand to judge him because he has done great evil by taking the life God gave to him for free. Two evil is involved ; he stole the life and the second is that he destroyed it.
Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by CatfishBilly: 8:11am On Mar 27, 2017
peteregwu:

That means you the not a Christian. Taking life that you can't create is evil in God's sight. You don't have the right to do it. If you like believe, if you like believe, if you like Dont believe. If anyone kills himself, he/she will be cut into hell fire. Judas in the committed suicide in the Bible for his evil, if he had being patient with God and repent for betraying Jesus, he would have bee forgiven. But unfortunately, he never believed that God could forgive him and he killed himself. That is exactly the situation of many committing suicide ideas today, instead of believing that God can intervene in their situation no matter how bad it is, they end killing themself which will amount to unbelief and murder. Which sin in God's sight and no sinner will ever enter heaven.

Matthew 27:3-5 KJV
"Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, [4] Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that . [5] And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself."

Ordinary unbelief is a sin before God, how much more suicide.

Revelation 21:8 KJV
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Saying that I should show you where suicide will lead to hell fire is like telling me to show you in the Bible where it says smokers will go to hell fire. My friend heaven is real and hell fire is real. Suicide is sin in God's sight. If one should kill another the authority will judge him and cast him into prison. But when one commit suicide no man can judge because he is dead. Only God will stand to judge him because he has done great evil by taking the life God gave to him for free. Two evil is involved ; he stole the life and the second is that he destroyed it.
Smoking is not a sin.
Suicide is not a sin.
Instead of you to proffer solutions, you're busy threatening them with hell fire.
When has threats ever worked in preventing suicide?
Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by Wilgrea7(m): 8:18am On Mar 27, 2017
peteregwu:

you're still missing the point... i doubt you've known any suicidal person... if you do, then i really hope you don't give them this advice... when people are acutely depressed and contemplate suicide, they don't care about heaven or even hell... most people on the verge of suicide have concluded for just that period that if God exists(note the IF) then he is brutal and hates them.. many suicidal patients usually out of frustration, reject the existence of any God at that time... so the empty threat of hell or hope of heaven is nothing to them... stop using hell to blackmail people... it would only make them feel worse and won't help the situation..
Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by Pastafarian: 8:44am On Mar 27, 2017
peteregwu:

That means you the not a Christian. Taking life that you can't create is evil in God's sight. You don't have the right to do it.

but you can kill mosquitoes, did you give it life? it must be evil in god's sight

you can kill a goat, are you the maker of its life? it must be evil in god's sight

you can kill an armed robber in self defense, it must be evil in god's sight

as for the Pathetic attempt at equating suicide to smoking, you're not making sense either, smoking wasn't addressed BECAUSE smoking didn't exist at that time
Suicide however has always been, yet it wasn't called unforgivable
the ONLY sin that was addressed as unforgivable is sin against the holy spirit, that means all other sins including suicide CAN BE FORGIVEN

let me repeat that MURDER=/=SUICIDE

IT TAKES AT LEAST 2 PEOPLE TO MURDER, VICTIM(S)+PERPETRATOR(S)
Re: Suicide Is Murder And A Murderer Is A Killer- Nigerians Take Note by peteregwu(m): 10:02pm On Apr 01, 2017
You don't what am hearing now from the government, they said suicide is a crime under the law and the punishment is 6 months to 1yr imprisonment if the person is caught. See the extent humans can go to prosecute such act. How much more God?

(1) (Reply)

A True Story ( The Wrong Building ) / Whenever I Question The Existence Of A God. (atheist) / Nathaniel Bassey Replies #HALLELUJAHCHALLENGE Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.