Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

New Discovery - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / New Discovery (2223 Views)

Using MTN Night Browsing 24 Hours New Discovery-oskaaay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Discovery by v3: 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2009
Firefox = Speed , Chrome = Nice design

Put the two together, BREATH-TAKING!

The firefox design kinda sucks for me, so i was playin around wiv add-ons and stumbled upon Chromifox, hvent let go since i started using it!
Re: New Discovery by chukwudi01: 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2009
v3:

Firefox = Speed , Chrome = Nice design

Put the two together, BREATH-TAKING!

The firefox design kinda sucks for me, so i was playin around wiv add-ons and stumbled upon Chromifox, hvent let go since i started using it!
It's actually well-known that Google Chrome is faster than Firefox.
Re: New Discovery by v3: 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2009
chukwudi01:

If you're using a 64k connection, chrome could be a biatch & you'd tk bk ur st8mnt. . Firefox's the king of all browsers! cool
Re: New Discovery by DualCore1: 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2009
chukwudi01:

Psychology.

Hate the connection not the browser.

That's how when the very useless and stupid starcomms iBoost came out, dudes be noising the whole board. . . wow iBoost is fast, wow iboost is this, iboost is that. didn't take much time until the whole crap was cut. nonsense!

Then it was. . . whats the name of that software again? Lynxnoon you remember? that software that cached your images once loaded so it you check the page again it just loads up viiiiaaam cuz the images had been saved. You could also set image load quality.

Oh well that software was like the speed god then (or so we thought) cuz all we had was starcomms 1x. Well thanks to 3G we've been liberated. the likes of starcomms iBoost can go to blazes now we don't care. I wonder who and how much they paid for that crapware.
Re: New Discovery by v3: 7:44am On Dec 26, 2009
When Iboost came out, my boss almost choked me to get it! said it was d best tin thet happened to browsing since the internet came to nigeria. . grin grin

I only imagine d look on his face anytime i bring up d issue, thanks to 3g again. . we can all scrap our old 128k handheld/desktop phones! angry

Dual, i heard some friend say something abt mtn3g modem & yf/proxy?. . how true is that?
Re: New Discovery by DualCore1: 8:07am On Dec 26, 2009
True. We'll talk on y!m. There's even something better than yf
Re: New Discovery by lynxnoon(m): 8:27am On Dec 26, 2009
Dual Core:

Then it was. . . whats the name of that software again? Lynxnoon you remember? that software that cached your images once loaded so it you check the page again it just loads up viiiiaaam cuz the images had been saved. You could also set image load quality.

Oh well that software was like the speed god then (or so we thought) cuz all we had was starcomms 1x. Well thanks to 3G we've been liberated. the likes of starcomms iBoost can go to blazes now we don't care. I wonder who and how much they paid for that crapware.
yeah. . . . onspeed
stuff was cool but only works on IE. . . . .stil hv a valid username&password(but who needs IE for browsings these days anyway? grin)
Re: New Discovery by v3: 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2009
Dual Core:

True. We'll talk on y!m. There's even something better than yf
sure thing!. . .hie me up on yahoo!
Re: New Discovery by DualCore1: 3:02pm On Dec 26, 2009
lynxnoon:

yeah. . . . onspeed
stuff was cool but only works on IE. . . . .stil hv a valid username&password(but who needs IE for browsings these days anyway? grin)
Yes oooooo! Onspeed!

v3:

sure thing!. . .hie me up on yahoo!
K, whenever I see u online i'll do that.
Re: New Discovery by doctorfox: 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2009
If anyone cares to know, presently the fastest stable browser available on the public internet is Safari 4.

If you use this you might understand what speed is.

Mozilla firefox is great too. Pretty fast, but not as fast as the Apple product.

And since I develop websites, I've had to install 8 different browsers to do cross browser testing and compatibility checks.

Now thats really sweet - Not.
Re: New Discovery by sidnazious(m): 6:55am On Jan 05, 2010
@lynx
please help me with your onspeed username and password, i want to try it out cos where i am now, the internet speed is very bad.

syntaxsydney@yahoo.com
thanks in advance
Re: New Discovery by v3: 7:58am On Jan 05, 2010
Dual,
U still hvent gotten bk to me on dat 3g ish.im on YIM now
Re: New Discovery by DualCore1: 9:21am On Jan 05, 2010
i'll IM u shortly
Re: New Discovery by moh(m): 5:21am On Jan 09, 2010
@ poster !!! men d browser really make sence , just dat i cant
use the mouse keys very well cos i cant just click on the mouse
without using enter on the keyboard.
pls any help .tanx man.
Re: New Discovery by blackweaver(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2010
does this spirit browser work on linux? i don't intend to use any browser in windows that i can't use in linux

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unable To Sign In To Yahoo Mail / Usa Used Hp Probook 440 G1 Intel Core-i5 4th Gen With Intel HD Graphics SOLD / @@ E5787s Free Unlock Guide Huawei E5787s-33a 21.315.05.01.1367

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.