Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions (35545 Views)

Ibukun Awosika: My Decisions At 25 To Become Successful - Video / 5 Money Decisions To Make In Your 20's So You Can Chill In Your 30's / Dollar Falling: N405. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by justjify(m): 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
Truth234:

My concern is sustainability of foreign exchange supply. The Shale has upped production following Donald Trump wins, disrupting OPEC successful consensus, hence, plunging oil below $50/barrel for the first time in three months.

Even though, oil was pegged at $45 a barrel in the 2017 budget, there is possibility of price slipping below that benchmark if OPEC failed to take into consideration US Shale production during September cut. However, our oil revenue will take a slight hit for now but I don't think it will have a significant impact on current progress considering the fact that just about $2.6 billion has been sold so far by the CBN, which is below what we generate in a single month. Therefore, the CBN still have enough arsenal to hurt speculators and close forex gap.
Your last sentence sounds like music to my ears wink

1 Like

Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by Ogunleti01: 4:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Taaa receive sense there zombie
Mr Monkey park well!
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by SalamRushdie: 4:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ogunleti01:
Mr Monkey park well!

I haff park well oya still recieve that sense

1 Like

Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by 989900: 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
postemail:

Hi 989900. Just a few questions for you and the house;

Excluding CBN's weekly intervention, Is there any other reason why the Naira is strengthening?

Do you think it will fall to the PTA / Bank rate -375?

Martineverest answered that to a large extent already.

Kindly check my topic on Nairaland: N350 . . . If I were the CBN Governor.
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by richard870(m): 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
Mediocrity of the highest order.!....200+ or nothing!
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by Amberon: 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
I was kidding when I said liar liar pants on fire, lol.

The visa is going fine, and yes the dollar thing is working in my Favour. Thanks.
justjify:

Hey, is calling someone a liar bring courteous? Remove the log from your eyes girl. You have nothing to tell me about courtesy. The guy said It is now N400 Check abokifx.com. Which some other people confirmed. Be it selling or buying, if you are smart enough you can get it for even less. You must have seen where a guy said its N390 somewhere in Lagos.
So babe, what's your pee? You should be celebrating since you want to travel to UAE, its working in your favour.
Take a chill pill sweetheart.
By the way, how far with your visa? Any progress? Good luck.
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by Firstcitizen: 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
wristbangle:
I want to know Rhino Mockery view about this development.

In d mean time, well wishing Nigerians are still observing d situation.

You mean Reign Oh' Mockery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by Ogunleti01: 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Under Osinbanjo it did but the recent one is all cosmetic because Buhari is pumping in govt reserves to make sure it doesntvfall as a result of his return ..in two weeks they have flooded the market with nearly 500 million dollars to give it this cosmetic rating
what was osinbajo pumping during his time? Stupid analysis

1 Like

Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by SalamRushdie: 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ogunleti01:
what was osinbajo pumping during his time? Stupid analysis

Osinbanjo showed purposeful leadership and that was all ..meanwhile ur man Buhari is also pumping money to pay anti amnesty international protesters
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by justjify(m): 4:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
Amberon:
I was kidding when I said liar liar pants on fire, lol.

The visa is going fine, and yes the dollar thing is working in my Favour. Thanks.
Issorait.
No beef.
Mind you I am not an E-warrior, I don't hop around looking for people to fight wink let alone, girls.
All the best miss.
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by GoodFaith: 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
Demand and supply =
Can Nigeria Government continue to support the demand for dollars?
Does the Nigeria government have the dollars to support demand?
My personal view is the Nigeria government doesn't have the dollars to support the demand
Come back in three months
It is great to be optimistic
But the reality is different

1 Like

Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by GoodFaith: 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
TheSCRYPT:
A quick question to those who may be knowledgeable enough to respond. 
What happens when the laws of economics' diminishing marginal utility catches up with this policy?
Is there a possibility of it backfiring?
Because this seems to be the same policy Mr Jonathan employed when he was accused of using external
reserves to support the failing Naira before he was voted out.
It is a good thing that crude oil prices have stabilized, however, we may need
another source of foreign exchange sooner rather than later as we begin to find other
use for our external reserves instead of spending the bulk of it on cushioning the system.

Someone educate me biko.

U are so right
Time will tell when Nigerian government run out of dollars to continuous support demand
for Nigeria government to continue on his path we must sell
crude oil
Red oil
Coca
We must refinery our crude oil in Nigeria tsell to other African countire
We must have call centers in Nigeria
Government must provide good road
Government provide electricity
e.g
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by simpleseyi: 6:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
989900:
It is inevitable if you're studiously studying the dynamics and parameters.

It will capsize dramatically once it converges with/near IMTOs rates.

Speculators . . . undecided

EDIT: it is N390@Dopemu right now.

No, it should not be ooo. That will be too fast. I don't want Nigeria to bury too many people at a time, I don't want my dear flat head brothers and their friends like FFK, Fayose, Bode George, e.t.c. to die of hypertension.

1 Like

Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by MinorityTribe: 6:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
Any idea when it would start reflecting on our electronics. I wan buy phone.
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by Amberon: 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
You too sire. kiss
justjify:

Issorait.
No beef.
Mind you I am not an E-warrior, I don't hop around looking for people to fight wink let alone, girls.
All the best miss.
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 6:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
Update its now 370
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by Banjo24: 7:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
400 not 405

Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by fumeex(f): 7:36pm On Mar 22, 2017
Thank God.things are getting better.
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by Fearcom(m): 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2017
Infinitikoncept:

So Reno is now your reason for masturbating? Dial his phone number and tell him yourself since he seems to be giving you high blood pressure. Check the screenshot well to read the whole jargons you are shouting for well. It's a conditional statement.

Oh My Gawd grin
Infinitikoncept:

So Reno is now your reason for masturbating? Dial his phone number and tell him yourself since he seems to be giving you high blood pressure. Check the screenshot well to read the whole jargons you are shouting for well. It's a conditional statement.

Oh My Gawd
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:46pm On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria celebrating mediocrity since 2015

LOL keep wailing as you will till 2023 hahaha..
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by sweatlana: 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
smartty68:

Mallam buys at #400 from BDC and sell @ #410+ to us
Where please?
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by legendsilver(m): 8:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
DhimxyMaxwell:
Update its now 370
Abeg na where e happen like this? Feeling happy
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by yahmohy27: 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
Atleast it should reflect on the price of phones
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by SalamRushdie: 9:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

LOL keep wailing as you will till 2023 hahaha..

You can dream ooo
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You can dream ooo

Okay i love the way you wail, You oga them have been wailing even before election and what i like about my able President PMB, He has never even respond to them since 2014.. That's what we call class... You don;t bark with some unchained mad dogs..
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by Standing5(m): 12:31am On Mar 23, 2017
ESDKING:
Not impressed. Return it how you met it.
Believe me if oil prices go back to where Buhari's admin met it, Naira can crash to N100.
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by goodnews777: 1:13am On Mar 23, 2017
Fake
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by Nusaf: 4:33am On Mar 23, 2017
Standing5:
Believe me if oil prices go back to where Buhari's admin met it, Naira can crash to N100.

Naira CRASH to N100? I don't understand, you mean appreciate to N100/$?
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by DoyenExchange: 10:54am On Mar 23, 2017
Small and Big Businesses You Can Do In Nigeria With Their Cost Estimates

Do you know that there are big and small businesses you can start in Nigeria that will not put holes in your pockets? They are every day businesses you never think that they will make you a millionaire. www.doyenexchange.com/invest_opps.php contains a list of over 50 businesses you can start immediately in Nigeria and their cost estimates.

You will be amazed!
Re: Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions by Standing5(m): 12:01am On Mar 24, 2017
Nusaf:

Naira CRASH to N100? I don't understand, you mean appreciate to N100/$?
Yes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The End Of Naira, NGN, On Binance / Ibukun Awosika Visits Governor Amosun (Photos) / List Of Top Oil Producing Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.